Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If President Trump puts Newt Gingrich in charge of NASA, I will shut my mouth and give him a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
so instead of going how the gently caress did we lose to an orange caricature in an election we should have won by a landslide, democrats and just flailing their arms and going, look how donald has made all of the kids racist in one day!

no wonder they couldn't win the election

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I predict this will come true. He was at his most "high on his own supply" after the primary win and the RNC. His head is probably visible from Alpha Centauri right now and he is absolutely sure of his invincibility.

Everything about this presidency is going to be GWB on horse steroids and all I can do is hope it's more funny haha that Iraq-Warry shoot shoot.

Just think about all the poo poo he talked about in the debates. It was all complete nonsense. I'm so curious about what his press conferences will look like when reporters ask him questions about actual complex issues.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

And Trump's DOJ can drop all the charges against Arpaio.

I know that we're really definitely turbofucked but is there even anything on paper stopping this kind of blatant abuse of power?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

The Nastier Nate posted:

If President Trump puts Newt Gingrich in charge of NASA, I will shut my mouth and give him a chance.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Don't worry, Jeb! can fix it!

Jeb! successfully primarying Trump in 2020 (and then losing to whoever climbs to the top of the scrapheap of the Democratic Party, because gently caress Jeb!) would...I won't say it would make all this worth it, but it would make me smile.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Vladimir Putin posted:

Just think about all the poo poo he talked about in the debates. It was all complete nonsense. I'm so curious about what his press conferences will look like when reporters ask him questions about actual complex issues.

"no puppet no puppet you puppet"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

anotherone posted:

gently caress

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Get used to this, folks in the media
https://twitter.com/NoahGrayCNN/status/796709263477444609
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/796736982021996544

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The amount of daily gaffs and embarrassment coming out of a Trump White House will almost make all the terrible poo poo worth it. I mean think of all the scandals and poo poo he said in 12 months. Imagine all that four 4 years. It's going to be a disaster and a majority of this country will have buyers remorse by next Christmas

I was discussing this with my girlfriend earlier. We're european, so any time we saw Obama it was after a school shooting or a terrorist attack, or maybe on a comedy skit. But then I told her "remember Bush?" and wow, that is different.

When it comes to Trump, I believe he will be on our TVs weekly with some kind of gently caress up or lovely phrase. He will gently caress up. A lot. And fire other people for it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

same as always, he'll just give vague non-answers about how he'll totally have the best whatevers.

why would anyone think the game plan has changed, it's worked super well so far

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Doorknob Slobber posted:

"no puppet no puppet you puppet"

No more like on any substantive issue the first 1-2 lines were serviceable sound bites. Then everything else was like total jibberish like 400 pound hackers or his son's computer skills.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The Nastier Nate posted:

except no, anyone Trump puts in charge of NASA, including Newt, is going to focus on dumb poo poo while killing the rest of their budget

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Do it ironically posted:

so instead of going how the gently caress did we lose to an orange caricature in an election we should have won by a landslide, democrats and just flailing their arms and going, look how donald has made all of the kids racist in one day!

Bernie is pushing for Ellison to be DNC chair and he'll probably get it. Dems are organizing the battle lines, it just takes a bit for the sting to wear off.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Vladimir Putin posted:

That's a very good question, we've got the best people on it, it's very important to me, I'll give a speech about it in two weeks *ninja smoke bomb as sexy blonde Secret Service agents cover his escape*

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
NASA will be used solely for extracting precious metals from moons

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Bernie is pushing for Ellison to be DNC chair and he'll probably get it. Dems are organizing the battle lines, it just takes a bit for the sting to wear off.

we have to finish pointlessly turning on each-other, as is tradition

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

same as always, he'll just give vague non-answers about how he'll totally have the best whatevers.

why would anyone think the game plan has changed, it's worked super well so far

Uhh yeah you can't do that for the entire presidency. At some point people are going to ask you about the situation at Allepo or something and you're going to have to give an answer that isn't jibberish.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Typo posted:

Also

holy gently caress

Romney had a point back in 2012 about unskewing the polls

No he didn't. The polls in 2012 even undervalued Obama. Just because they were wrong this time don't make them so retroactively.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Guy DeBorgore posted:

it'll be great when trump has his first meeting with the heads of the BEA and BLS & finds out the numbers are not in fact phony

if he ever finds that out

He'll ignore that poo poo like he ignores any other data he doesn't like.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Okay, fine, I'm now officially on the Bernie Is Cool And Good train.

(Though I still don't think he'd have been an especially good president. Which is fine. Not everyone is good at everything.)

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
speaking of extracting wealth

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/796755331221258240

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

The Nastier Nate posted:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So the press pool has been excluded from traveling with him right now. I wonder if he's secretly freaking out because he's totally unprepared.

This could turn out hilarious for the next year.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like how trump supporter sympathizers point to people reacting violently to racism and going "THATS JUST AS BAD!!" actually no, reacting violently to racism is exactly what you should be doing if you're able and comfortable doing so. Violence is one of the must honest and pure human responses.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Schnorkles posted:

lol if the net result of this election is for bernie to replace clintons as elder party statesman

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

haha

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

turns out basing your party on "we aren't those assholes" for 16 years is a bad idea

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vladimir Putin posted:

:lol: at President Trump holding press conferences

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vladimir Putin posted:

Uhh yeah you can't do that for the entire presidency. At some point people are going to ask you about the situation at Allepo or something and you're going to have to give an answer that isn't jibberish.

I don't think you're right. Trump's proven that gibberish answers are a thing and people can't do anything about it. There is zero accountability unless congress et al can swiftly and easily impeach him.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

the people most suited for power are the people who want nothing to do with it, which presents something of a problem

Yang Wenli save us

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bebldn drgal pnohm

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

quote:

In the wake of Donald Trump's upset victory, advisors to the president-elect have floated the possibility of naming JPMorgan Chase chief Jamie Dimon treasury secretary, according to two people familiar with the matter, but one of them added that Dimon said he would not be interested in the role.

A Trump spokesperson could not immediately be reached for comment, and a spokesman for Dimon declined to elaborate beyond his past remarks that he would not be interested in the job.

It was unclear who within Trump's circle of advisors raised the idea of appointing Dimon, or what other candidates for treasury secretary might be under consideration. Former Goldman Sachs official Steven Mnuchin is reportedly considered to be the front runner.

Dimon has suggested repeatedly, including in an interview at the Economic Club of Washington in September, that he would not be interested in becoming treasury secretary.

lol at this article

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This isn't actually as bad or as unusual as it seems. Paulson was ex-GS and was Bush's treasury secretary. Dimon actually helped contain the crisis in 2008 by taking over some banks that were in really bad condition at the prompting of the government.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Vladimir Putin posted:

So the press pool has been excluded from traveling with him right now. I wonder if he's secretly freaking out because he's totally unprepared.

to be fair to president elect trump, he did all he could to not be elected but he didnt take into account how utterly unlikable hillary was, he probably thought ok Bernie will crush me and I'll get the exposure I wanted out of it

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

:pray: save us bernie, even though bourgeois democracy is a sham

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I just got added to the secret FB group Pantsuits Nation

we're going guerilla warfare with this poo poo!

I kind of just want to post tax the rich on it repeatedly

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Vladimir Putin posted:

Man, can't wait till the first time he gets to address the nation.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/796757024558239744
https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/796757702995308548

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vladimir Putin posted:

christ dude he's not freaking out, he's exacting revenge exactly as predicted. The media attempted to tear him to shreds and he's going to keep his enemies list close by as a form of revenge.

• Locked thread