Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

Pardon My Planet

Pearls Before Swine

Pooch Café

Reply All

Wizard of Id

Ziggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat.

All New Sonic
Nov 7, 2012

& KNUCKLES
Buglord

Tiggum posted:

The Grizzwells

I like how both the can and the bear are suddenly spewing garbage in the second panel. I really appreciate this attention to detail.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kennel posted:

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat.

It's not like they couldn't scoop up the ashes and put them in the endzone.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Leafblower.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

It's a verbal contract with no goods involved. The payback timeline can be reasonably inferred without needing to be stated. Use of white Monopoly money is not reasonable substitute and is evidence of breach of contract.

(Studying for the CPA exam has broken my brain. I don't even know if what I said is accurate anymore)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

poo poo like this is why I'm so glad my manager didn't really care about add-on numbers the one job I worked that had add-ons. His attitude was more "Did you sell some? Great! Didn't sell any? That's okay."

The best was when we were supposed to sell magazine subscriptions, because that's what people come to a video game store to buy.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Men are too stupid to differentiate between friendship and sexual attraction. It's the woman's fault if the man gets confused and tries something inappropriate because the woman should know that men have the self-restraint of a toddler and it's her responsibility to manage that.

Sexism hurts both sexes.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yes. Famed photographer for the Bugle, Spider-Man, put that camera up earlier.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Powdered. Toast! MAAAN!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine Meets Tiggum
Thanks. Also ugh, goddammit Pastis.

The Phantom

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

You know, it just occurred to me - Lee Falk's cameo in The Phantom is...

a phantom*

*for the :ghost: who recaps

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

I usually don't have much to say about Compu-Toon, but god, does something ever make me viscerally uncomfortable about the design of this kid's head. I feel like if you touched the middle of his head you would feel his brain through the skin :gonk:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Men are too stupid to differentiate between friendship and sexual attraction. It's the woman's fault if the man gets confused and tries something inappropriate because the woman should know that men have the self-restraint of a toddler and it's her responsibility to manage that.

Sexism hurts both sexes.
This isn't going to end with TJ learning how stupid his beliefs here are, is it?

F Minus

Mary Worth

Whoa! The rare bolded full sentence!

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Twist Ending!

Apartment 3-G

"Like, I said I wanted to kiss her and stuff!"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nenonen posted:

You know, it just occurred to me - Lee Falk's cameo in The Phantom is...

a phantom*

*for the :ghost: who recaps
the ghost who falks

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

This isn't going to end with TJ learning how stupid his beliefs here are, is it?

Not likely. The jock dude already shows signs of not taking "No" for an answer, not that I think Evans is going to go for a date rape angle.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Whoa! The rare bolded full sentence!

Yeesh, you two! High school seniors and college freshmen all over the world have figured this poo poo out! If an exclusive long distance relationship isn't something you want to go for right now, put the relationship on hold for a year or however long it takes for Wilbur to have his amazing adventures and then when he gets back, reassess and see if you still want to be together. Be adults. Geeze.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Countdown to the inevitable Silver Alert in 3, 2...

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Julet Esqu posted:

Not likely. The jock dude already shows signs of not taking "No" for an answer, not that I think Evans is going to go for a date rape angle.

I don't think she ever directly said No, though? And there is nothing wrong with this guy. He is confident and persistent. Sorry he isn't some limp beta.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yes. Famed photographer for the Bugle, Spider-Man, put that camera up earlier.

Good lord, newspaper Spidey is an idiot. Jameson had better make a comment about this tomorrow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

I don't think she ever directly said No, though? And there is nothing wrong with this guy. He is confident and persistent. Sorry he isn't some limp beta.

Take it easy Donald

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Isn't this the third time this helicopter blew up?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Kumaton posted:

Isn't this the third time this helicopter blew up?

Esallen's Law clearly states that a helicopter explodes at least three times, not less, sometimes more.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

I don't have a problem with the guy, or with his assertiveness. I am talking about him in the context of a storyline where the writer is potentially trying to "teach" us that it's impossible for boys and girls to be friends without somebody "getting confused" or wanting romance.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 11, 2016

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Quill or Gunther to the rescue of the fair maiden after jock won't take no for an answer? Maybe both to the rescue, leaving her stuck in a pathetically contrived love triangle?

Or maybe it'll just fizzle out and not go anywhere and we'll transition to storylines involving the characters we actually like in this comic, such as

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What is Wilbur supposedly running away from? What responsibilities does he even have? He's got the easiest job in the world (and he's letting Mary do half of it) and an adult daughter who can look after herself. That's it.

Sundae posted:

Or maybe it'll just fizzle out and not go anywhere and we'll transition to storylines involving the characters we actually like in this comic, such as
Tiffany and Shannon? Delta? Just kidding, obviously. Delta doesn't exist any more.

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Tiggum posted:

What is Wilbur supposedly running away from? What responsibilities does he even have? He's got the easiest job in the world (and he's letting Mary do half of it) and an adult daughter who can look after herself. That's it.

Exactly. I thought maybe I had missed something, but no, they're just casually dating. He isn't running out on his family, or his fiance, or his live-in girlfriend. Tommy isn't his child, or his step-child, just the adult son of the woman he's seeing casually. He isn't delaying some joint plans he has with her either, like getting married, or buying a house together, or starting a family. If they have some sort of deeper connection here it sure didn't show up on the page.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Well, that hiatus lasted a lot longer than planned. I'll get back to my full set of comics soon (plus maybe a special new one) soon, but for now, have a Ripley's.

Ripley's

And this is a thing I guess.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set will take that to go.

Working Daze is thinking long-term.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets off on a technicality.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets off on a technicality.

Super Fun Paks confuse me when their just a straight punchline instead of weird meta poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Super Fun Paks confuse me when their just a straight punchline instead of weird meta poo poo.
The natural state of a Super-Fun-Pak Comic is in a full page with several others. This may be a filler one or something that's less funny without context.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Sundae posted:

Les, perpetually put-upon man of multitudes.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Classic Dinette Set will take that to go.

1. I always like your one-liners

2. I think my favorite Dinettes are the ones with non-dinettes looking on with some mix of disappointment/Are You Serious/The Urge.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The new kerning is much better. Early 2017 can only bring good things!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweeperbravo posted:

2. I think my favorite Dinettes are the ones with non-dinettes looking on with some mix of disappointment/Are You Serious/The Urge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UcpmUQkNU&hd=1

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

"And then after they kill Pinky, they won't be able to escape!"

:(

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

And He Did. (August, 1915)

Outbursts of Everett True (January, 1916)

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (February, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (January, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (July, 1940)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)

Jaf (1967)

Feiffer (1969, click for big)

Andy Capp (October, 1970, click for big)

Wee Pals (December, 1970, click for big)

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (August, 2009, click for big)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slammy posted:

The Gay Thirties (February, 1935, click for big))

Tempted to bookmark this for when people complain about viral advertising or whatever the proper term is for doing essentially this but on social media. Not that it's not worth complaining about, but it's hardly new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

My Lovely Horse posted:

Tempted to bookmark this for when people complain about viral advertising or whatever the proper term is for doing essentially this but on social media. Not that it's not worth complaining about, but it's hardly new.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same" really is true. It's a sort of well known fact by this point, I'd imagine, but gladiators in Rome actually sponsored commercial products and had action figures and poo poo. Human society is pretty predictable.

• Locked thread