Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mannerup posted:

lol that you don't believe trump wants to be, and is, the most powerful person in the world

He does but he doesn't actually want to do the work that a president does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Decius posted:

The time to respond to such things is when they are actually in process of being decided on, not 2 months before when everything is so vague that you might put yourself into a untenable position needlessly. Republicans will float a lot of poo poo now in the victory rush.

I mean and thats why they win. They're very vocal about all this poo poo their going to do and democrats are too scared to speak up for some reason.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Pon de Bundy posted:

i think that when trump gets his way, like 100% he acts gracious and nice and like he's the best

i bet when Clinton called him he was actually respectful and humble to her because he had won

will he apologize for america? "america never apologizes" is like a big conservative idea so. . .

i don't know is the answer.

This is the grand concern among all the other concerns, right? The fact that he could gently caress up diplomatically and then just keep doubling down, to and beyond the point at which doubling down involves guns and ships and planes.

Hoping that my theory that the answer to the fermi paradox is Trump gets proven wrong over the next four years.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The democrats should start making plans for the eventual gently caress ups that Trump is going to step into.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
You guys are talking about stupid pipelines that don't matter when they're trying to get rid of the clean water act aka the reason that companies don't dump poo poo into the navigable waters

Lots of state water laws are 2 sentences that point to the clean water act and "yeah, that". But the EPA has the FBI to police CWA violations and the states have uhhh

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

gently caress yeah, NAFTA wasn't popular up here either and we've got a whole corps of hard-bitten negotiators that just got done with the 8-year slog that was CETA, meanwhile y'all just elected an orange moron who wouldn't know agood trade agreement from a bad one unless they were both wearing skimpy bikinis, oh and did I mention he has a penchant for micromanagement, meddling, refusing to listen to advice, and appointing incompetent idiots to do important jobs? yeah trade negotiations are like the one thing canada is NOT scared about right now.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vladimir Putin posted:

hes gonna print himself out a presidential fitness award and put it between his covers of playboy and forum

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Equeen posted:

I hope there's a large as gently caress protest. I want that day ruinned for him.

freedom of speech zones, also a bunch of very important people will be there that day. . .security will be immense. no chance.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

Uhh yeah you can't do that for the entire presidency. At some point people are going to ask you about the situation at Allepo or something and you're going to have to give an answer that isn't jibberish.

you say this like it will stop him from doing so

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh man president trump is going to be on your currency

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

Pon de Bundy posted:

i think that when trump gets his way, like 100% he acts gracious and nice and like he's the best

i bet when Clinton called him he was actually respectful and humble to her because he had won

this has been the most infuriating part of the last couple days for me, watching trump get credit for being a good winner despite the fact that he would've been the sorest loser in american history

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

quote:

“He may not know enough about the politics, but he’ll improve,” Clipperly, a longtime Democrat, said.

Clinton “can’t tell the truth”, she said. Her husband spent 22 years in the military and she was also worried about what Clinton would have done to her military benefits. Asked about Trump’s actions towards women, she shrugged. “He didn’t kill anyone,” she said.

lol wtf was Clinton going to do to her military benefits?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Vladimir Putin posted:

he is going to delegate out everything he doesn't want to do, waiting to see who the cabinet is

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Blitz7x posted:

You guys are talking about stupid pipelines that don't matter when they're trying to get rid of the clean water act aka the reason that companies don't dump poo poo into the navigable waters

Lots of state water laws are 2 sentences that point to the clean water act and "yeah, that". But the EPA has the FBI to police CWA violations and the states have uhhh

given transcanada's pipelines' failure rate, there is a significant nexus there

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Von Sloneker posted:

NASA will be used solely for extracting precious metals from moons

this would be the only proper environmental win of the entire administration if he actually does it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

He realizes that Brexit will probably not be happening, and she will no longer be PM for much longer yeah?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

lol hes going to replace harriet tubman

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/796764082024103936

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Von Sloneker posted:

NASA will be used solely for extracting precious metals from moons

I might be right but I vaguely recall an article stating he actually supports NASA and wants to get them to start doing more.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

Like he'd settle for being on something as low-denomination as the $20.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mormonpartyboat posted:

i look forward to Trumpbucks

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

2 men enter, 1 man leaves

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

love too cast my protest vote to kick the moneyed elites out of government

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

So if Trump actually does start using tariffs, are there any predictions of what happens to the economy?

And we're just going to get the corporate tax cuts without any of the loopholes being closed by congress, aren't we....

Mons Hubris posted:

love too cast my protest vote to kick the moneyed elites out of government

People already fell for electing a "billionaire" to stick it them so...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Of course, liberal anti-gunners will hate this, but their opinion on the matter is of little concern to us “people of the gun,” of which Donald Trump is apparently one."

What does that even mean?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:discourse:

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

mormonpartyboat posted:

huh, i thought tar sands were prohibitively expensive now that oil prices are low

lol

oh they are, but pipelines pay for themselves over multiple decades and those long-term economics still haven't changed much. even if oil stays at $40-$50/barrel forever, it'll still be cheaper to keep existing operations running than it would be to shut them down, and it'll still be cheaper to move it by pipeline than by rail (by as much as $7/bbl).

if you're all-in for the oil industry and don't give a poo poo about climate change then yeah keystone xl still makes economic sense.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Do we have a CG idea of what Trump will look like in four years once the stress of the job truly starts to sink in? I was thinking of just posting a picture of Hitler but that seems too real

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

Yinlock posted:

hahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha

its not too late to rejoin the commonwealth guys, the queen's pretty goodlooking for her age

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Louisgod posted:

Do we have a CG idea of what Trump will look like in four years once the stress of the job truly starts to sink in? I was thinking of just posting a picture of Hitler but that seems too real

He's gonna stroke out or get poisoned by the Russians.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

comingafteryouall posted:

So if Trump actually does start using tariffs, are there any predictions of what happens to the economy?

And we're just going to get the corporate tax cuts without any of the loopholes being closed by congress, aren't we....

High enough tariffs will bring the jobs back but nobody will be able to afford anything or what they can afford will be really bad because of artificial barriers to competition.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Louisgod posted:

Just post his victory cake again. That's a good summary.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

so in touch with middle america...

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Louisgod posted:

working on this when I get home later. I bet there's a huge baldspot under his comb-over that will reveal itself as his hair thins

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Louisgod posted:

Basically that victory party cake after an hour under hot lights

orange sky
May 7, 2007

It would be so badass if Obama walked out all covered in blood, saying "It had to be done."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Guy DeBorgore posted:

hahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha

its not too late to rejoin the commonwealth guys, the queen's pretty goodlooking for her age
You guys have the same nuts we do apparently.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

tadashi posted:

Would this fix Louisiana's system where 5 Democrats run and allow the Republican to walk away with the election when it goes to the next round and nobody shows up?

If 3 of those Democrats add up to over 50% of the vote then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://adage.com/article/campaign-trail/trump-camp-running-curious-outer-space-ads/305295/

quote:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said a lot about border walls, Muslim immigration and restoring manufacturing in the United States. Yet he hasn't said much about the U.S. space program, which makes his use of space imagery in recent ads seem all the more curious.

"Aspire to Greatness" is the lofty message seen in digital ads from the campaign spotted around the web by online ad tracking firm Moat Pro. Two intergalactic ads, one featuring an astronaut in full NASA gear including a space helmet and another with a shot of a NASA spacecraft blasting off into the cosmos, have run since late July, just in time for the anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing on July 20, 1969.
Both images of space exploration are juxtaposed with the same photo of the real estate tycoon peering into the distance, a white "Make America Great Again" baseball hat perched on his head.

But why space? The candidate's use of intergalactic imagery and recent hat-tips to NASA seem intended to loosely associate him with the elevated goals of U.S. space exploration, rather than any concrete promises about its future funding.

Indeed, he has said little about funding space exploration or NASA. Even in a Facebook post he made around the same time as the display ads began to appear, there is only implied support for the space program:
"47 years ago our nation did something that NOBODY thought we could do - we were the first to put a man on the moon. It is time to be number one, again! Believe me, as President, we will once again, Make America First Again!‪#‎AmericaFirst ‪#‎MakeAmericaGreatAgain #‎RNCinCLE"

More recently, the GOP hopeful was asked about NASA during a Reddit Ask Me Anything interview. His response was not exactly substantive and only implied support for the space program: "Honestly I think NASA is wonderful! America has always led the world in space exploration," he wrote.

The candidate has also offered mixed messages about what funding for NASA might look like under a Trump administration. In November, Mr. Trump made headlines when he told a boy at an event in New Hampshire that he might favor other priorities over space. According to a Washington Post report, when asked about "his opinions on NASA," Mr. Trump said:
You know, in the old days, it was great .... Right now, we have bigger problems -- you understand that? We've got to fix our potholes. You know, we don't exactly have a lot of money.

However, in 2012, Mr. Trump lamented what he referred to as a "gutted" NASA program:

The Trump campaign did not respond to requests for comment on the use of space imagery.

• Locked thread