Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Covok posted:

We know it's going to happen. Why do you think we keep mentioning FEMA death camps? But, what are we going to do about it other than the protests and stuff? On the forums, all we can do is make death is certain meme jokes. We're all afraid, but there isn't much else to say other than WW3 and holocaust 2.0 is imminent. All is lost. Earth will soon be a toaster. The human species will soon be extinct.

It is certain.

yeah if people are dumbasses like you and roll over and die at the first sign of struggle that will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I said Trump supporters wouldn't riot because Burger King and Netflix. Well, Democrats aren't either. Burger King and Netflix.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

every cutesy piece of poo poo that comes out of the entertainment industry about politics used to make me sigh and roll my eyes

it's graduated to an extended bloodcurdling internal scream and a spontaneous headache

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

tadashi posted:

He has a hit list that's probably longer than Nixon's already. He won't talk to the press. He wants to actively hurt people who don't agree with him. And Republicans will hide behind that and claim "it wasn't my fault". It's going to be so great.

Did we ever get a final list of Republicans who condemned or supported Trump? I know there was a list being maintained by one journalist for a while but I'm guessing almost all of them ended up bending the knee in the end.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Peel posted:

if i were to pick a single phrase to describe how people feel right now 'not worried' would not be it

this was mainly in response to all this peace and love and unity and give him a chance nonsense i've been seeing not here but everywhere else

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

mormonpartyboat posted:

rich celebs looking to make a change shouldn't move

they should fund and train militias

These people are selfish children who have zero skin in the game and that's not going to change anytime soon.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/796778431908315136

she will be part of the administration

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Corny posted:

yeah this didnt happen

If there is anyone i have ever been willing to believe was not showing their true beliefs on the campaign trail, it's the self-serving political chameleon who has registered as every affiliation under the sun in my life time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

These people are selfish children who have zero skin in the game and that's not going to change anytime soon.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
intrafaction fighting between different twilight fanfic universes leading to a firebombing

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Trump just created his first job!: I'm going to be joining 538 to improve their analysis, as I called Trump winning 3 months ago.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nice new thread title

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Fiction posted:

yeah if people are dumbasses like you and roll over and die at the first sign of struggle that will happen

I don't roll over. I rock'n'roll. Get it straight. :)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Covok posted:

That pause was him realizing how absolutely hosed he is.

They all have to be worried right now, Republican's got what they wanted, full control of the federal government, now they have to govern and their incompetent President made big impossible promises and lies to the people they can't and won't help and have to count on to ever have this chance again.

No more boogiemen, bad job reports, poor wage growth, more coal jobs gone, it's all on them now.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

mannerup posted:

oh yeah trump has access to the president's daily brief now

lol he's going to read about how the CIA is freaking the gently caress out and then purge the agency when he gets into power

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

935 posted:

His tone says to me that Trump had a flash of panic after having gotten his first full intelligence briefing and had a sit down with Obama. Maybe the gravity of how complex our role is in foreign affairs is starting to sink in, and maybe just maybe Trump had a moment of introspection about how unqualified he is to be in charge of dealing with these things.

lmao this is not what actually happened and we all know it.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this was mainly in response to all this peace and love and unity and give him a chance nonsense i've been seeing not here but everywhere else

Expect him to gently caress up, come down on him hard the second he fucks up, but.. give it a little time. Nothing will change if you withhold the fury of ages long enough to see what might actually happen.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
just hope to god that Notorious R.G.B. can cling to life for a few more years

loving poo poo fuuuuuuucckkk ugghhhhhh this whole thing is such a mess

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This is part of the problem, not the solution.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

mannerup posted:

oh yeah trump has access to the president's daily brief now

I bet it scares the poo poo out of him like it should any non-politician who's been girding their brain for this poo poo for years on end

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

docbeard posted:

I assume that the NASA push is because someone explained to Trump about due process and Gingrich told him that it doesn't apply if the Journalist Prisons are in space.

I would unironically believe this if it came from an "anonymous leak"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Three Olives posted:

They all have to be worried right now, Republican's got what they wanted, full control of the federal government, now they have to govern and their incompetent President made big impossible promises and lies to the people they can't and won't help and have to count on to ever have this chance again.

No more boogiemen, bad job reports, poor wage growth, more coal jobs gone, it's all on them now.

It's almost as if republicans were never fit to lead and only ever survived through gerrymandering and playing the victim. Calling them the old white man's party is so apt, really.

Oh well, nothing matters. Let's heat this toaster up till the seas turn to vapor.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Can you imagine Trump addressing the nation? Especially after something horrific such as Sandy Hook, Pulse Nightclub, etc.? I don't know if he is capable of sounding sincere and/or comforting.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Like ok

after i stopped freaking out, i had a legit moment of clarity:

Freaking out about Trump before anything happens is not going to help anyone achieve their goals. The best way we have to minimize the damage (or, god help us all, actually see a net positive) is to work our way into a position where Trump feels the way he can do the most good is by working with the Democrats.

I don't really feel it's especially likely, but it's in the realm of consideration once republicans start throwing hissy-fits about spending money on poor people & not getting all the repeals they want

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I really don't give a gently caress about what Ron Swanson or Leslie Knope want to say. I think Nick Offerman and Amy Poehler are smart people and I hope they have helpful ideas.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Rocks posted:

also don't forget we didn't think he'd beat all the republicans. and then we thought he wouldn't win presidency. now watch the guy be a good president. just lmao

Man, that would be poetic and good but I'm not gonna bank on it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I bet it scares the poo poo out of him like it should any non-politician who's been girding their brain for this poo poo for years on end

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, everything Alex Jones and Banon told me is a lie. These people proved it. I literally know nothing and everything is complicated. What the hell is the IMF? Is that another ISIS? Oh God, oh God, only death is certain."

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Covok posted:

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, everything Alex Jones and Banon told me is a lie. These people proved it. I literally know nothing and everything is complicated. What the hell is the IMF? Is that another ISIS? Oh God, oh God, only death is certain."
The IMF created ISIS.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Covok posted:

Exactly! The dude is having the weight of the actual, factual world being placed upon his shoulders, and he's being told things by people he knows are the real deal that go directly against the narrative being fed to him. poo poo's going to get weird, and we're at the point where i am no longer convinced that weird is bad.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Admiral Ray posted:

Man, that would be poetic and good but I'm not gonna bank on it.

Yeah if anything we were consistently surprised that things could in fact get worse

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm ok with trumps reality breaking in front of him

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Paul Ryan doesn't even have to say anything anymore for me to get extremely pissed off

I just see his dumb weasely face and it's goodnight irene to my sanity

what a loving cowardly cocksucker

I hope the stress of being the World's Most Important Catherder gives him a stomach ulcer that brings him within inches from death's door multiple times during this administration

Serf
May 5, 2011

lol if you think Trump is freaking out right now, is scared of his newfound power or is capable of any introspection whatsoever.

He's going to make other people run things while he basks in pure, unadulterated ego

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/796779612739080192
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/796780276525465600

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Niton posted:

Like ok

after i stopped freaking out, i had a legit moment of clarity:

Freaking out about Trump before anything happens is not going to help anyone achieve their goals. The best way we have to minimize the damage (or, god help us all, actually see a net positive) is to work our way into a position where Trump feels the way he can do the most good is by working with the Democrats.

I don't really feel it's especially likely, but it's in the realm of consideration once republicans start throwing hissy-fits about spending money on poor people & not getting all the repeals they want

you can make Trump feel like he has to work with the Democrats by getting all worked up over his election, maybe he'll realize that a LOT of the country does not him or the policies he ran on

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
Forget getting money out of politics, we need to get celebrities out of politics

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
gently caress, man

poo poo feels bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

mormonpartyboat posted:

rich celebs looking to make a change shouldn't move