Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I'm not sure how much National Newspapers count as IOSM, but check out this idiot's hot take:

Pre-empting the reposting of all those stupid 'We invite the US back to the British Empire' Facebook images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Someone should tell this guy that Trump literally said he wouldn't accept the election results if he lost.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Oh look, one of my (rapidly approaching ex-) company's upper management has weighed in on the election results right there on Facebook for every one of the company's drivers to see:

Brilliant. Just loving genius.

At least 20% of our drivers are Hispanic.

6 more days, you massive fuckwits, 6 more days... I hope Trump pisses off the middle east, and the price of diesel hits $5 a gallon.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
'Make America Great Again' isn't the 1950's. No one's putting anyone in the back of the bus.

MAGA is early 1980's when the Steelers and Cowboys were kings, cable and satellite TV were things, and you could still smoke and drink and compliment Francine from the secretary pool's nice booty with a wink and a smile.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Doubtful Guest posted:

I'm not sure how much National Newspapers count as IOSM, but check out this idiot's hot take:

Pre-empting the reposting of all those stupid 'We invite the US back to the British Empire' Facebook images.

:lol: I'm trying to imagine what the Founding Fathers would say in response to that.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Oh look, one of my (rapidly approaching ex-) company's upper management has weighed in on the election results right there on Facebook for every one of the company's drivers to see:

Brilliant. Just loving genius.

At least 20% of our drivers are Hispanic.

6 more days, you massive fuckwits, 6 more days... I hope Trump pisses off the middle east, and the price of diesel hits $5 a gallon.

Trump looks really sad in that photo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Maybe he realized the wall is impossible.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Forgive my Canadian ignorance but... isn't there already a wall? This is something I was confused about from the beginning.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No, they don't go to a new league, they just stack a team full of pros to beat the Portland mavericks because they were tired of getting clowned by a bunch of amateurs before buying a franchise to shove the mavericks out of the league.

Battered bastards of baseball is a really good documentary

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Forgive my Canadian ignorance but... isn't there already a wall? This is something I was confused about from the beginning.

Certain parts of the border have a smaller wall, mostly when on a major road crossing the border so that anyone entering or leaving that way has to go through some sort of checkpoint. Large stretches of land in the middle of nowhere do not because who the gently caress is going to build a wall and then patrol it hundreds of miles from anyone else.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mak0rz posted:

It's more of a fence, and it's such a poo poo show because the government basically had to use imminent domain to kick families off their property that they've lived on for generations because it would look good on Bush's political record.

gently caress the wall idea.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

For a good time, read the comments on Ron Perlman's declaration of running for the presidential candidacy in 2020:

https://www.facebook.com/perlmutations/photos/a.437057366439573.1073741829.432852163526760/1022722634539707/?type=3&theater

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

The thing that gets me the most about these people, which includes some breitbart/fox news following idiots on my feed, is that if Hillary had won, they would be crying about how the election is rigged just like they, AND OUR PRESIDENT ELECT, had been doing coming up to it.

FUNNY, ALL THOSE RIGGED ELECTIONS AND "WE THE PEOPLE" POSTS HAVE ALL MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED HMMMMM

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Krispy Kareem posted:

'Make America Great Again' isn't the 1950's. No one's putting anyone in the back of the bus.

MAGA is early 1980's when the Steelers and Cowboys were kings, cable and satellite TV were things, and you could still smoke and drink and compliment Francine from the secretary pool's nice booty with a wink and a smile.

Would you like to make

America

Great again

My friend

All you have to do is follow the #MAGAts

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Would you like to make

America

Great again

My friend

All you have to do is follow the #MAGAts

Maggots, that sounds about right.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I keep seeing people sharing the text of the (current) pledge of allegiance, with "UNDER GOD" in all caps, preceded and followed by USUSUSUSUSUS in a weird font. The first time I saw it, it was from my nutty Bible-thumper great-aunt, but some sane people have shared it too. I don't know if they're trying to throw Christianity/theism at us, or if they're trying to show a sense of unity, or want peace, or are just being weird. Anyone else seen this?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
In the last 24 hours 50 people have unfriended me over my anti-trump stuff. It's been fantastic.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Mak0rz posted:

:lol: I'm trying to imagine what the Founding Fathers would say in response to that.

Is that the Guardian? It looks like the Guardian. It'd be double ironic if it's a Brit paper telling the U.S. to accept monarchy. :laffo:

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Is that the Guardian? It looks like the Guardian. It'd be double ironic if it's a Brit paper telling the U.S. to accept monarchy. :laffo:

It is - one of our least-pro-monarchy papers too. It's part of their usual 'columnists with shocking controversial opinions' range.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I keep seeing people sharing the text of the (current) pledge of allegiance, with "UNDER GOD" in all caps, preceded and followed by USUSUSUSUSUS in a weird font. The first time I saw it, it was from my nutty Bible-thumper great-aunt, but some sane people have shared it too. I don't know if they're trying to throw Christianity/theism at us, or if they're trying to show a sense of unity, or want peace, or are just being weird. Anyone else seen this?

I think the ususususus thing is your phone/browser displaying the backup for the US flag emoji. I've seen that a few times at least and it does look weird

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

public page so whatever on blanking his name

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
As a brit-goon it was somewhat amusing to deflate my colleagues "Oh, those americans voted Trump in what idiots" with "Remember, as a nation we picked Brexit. We're equally hosed"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Xen Tricks posted:

I think the ususususus thing is your phone/browser displaying the backup for the US flag emoji. I've seen that a few times at least and it does look weird

Or, more likely judging from the text shares we see in this thread, the screenshot taker's phone/browser.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
we should put those exploding collars like the running man on all illegals that explodes their head if they try to cross the border

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

As a brit-goon it was somewhat amusing to deflate my colleagues "Oh, those americans voted Trump in what idiots" with "Remember, as a nation we picked Brexit. We're equally hosed"

Your dumb thing can be reversed.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Henchman of Santa posted:

Your dumb thing can be reversed.

Speaking of things getting reversed, I'm amazed by the number of posts I'm seeing on FB about how we all need to protest and it will stop Trump from getting sworn in. I'm not sure how that would work. Like is there some mechanism by which we can say "Nope, we changed our minds. We want a do-over." that I've never yet heard about in the U.S. election process?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Karma Monkey posted:

Speaking of things getting reversed, I'm amazed by the number of posts I'm seeing on FB about how we all need to protest and it will stop Trump from getting sworn in. I'm not sure how that would work. Like is there some mechanism by which we can say "Nope, we changed our minds. We want a do-over." that I've never yet heard about in the U.S. election process?

John Hinkley Jr.'s just been released, hasn't he?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

There are a lot of protests but I haven't heard a single suggestion that it would somehow stop things.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This always ends well

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

I mean the electoral college can just refuse to vote for him/vote for her instead. There's actually very little precedent and seemingly less punishment for any electors that do this. Beyond, you know, the race riots and such that would ensue

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The whole point of the electoral college was to provide a check on pure mob rule. The electors don't actually vote until December 19th, and there's nothing constitutional saying they can't put Clinton in. The fact she won the popular vote adds a lure to that.

Will that happen? Almost certainly not, but jesus, i would've said the same about Trump winning three days ago, so who knows.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are a lot of protests but I haven't heard a single suggestion that it would somehow stop things.

Full communism now, eat the rich, all power to the proletariat?

Nah, who am I kidding with these pie in the sky dreams!

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Ugly In The Morning posted:

In the last 24 hours 50 people have unfriended me over my anti-trump stuff. It's been fantastic.

Possibly the only good outcome to this is that I now have a really solid criterion by which to prune my friends list.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

The whole point of the electoral college was to provide a check on pure mob rule. The electors don't actually vote until December 19th, and there's nothing constitutional saying they can't put Clinton in. The fact she won the popular vote adds a lure to that.

Will that happen? Almost certainly not, but jesus, i would've said the same about Trump winning three days ago, so who knows.

Unless all the electors who, by law can independently choose their votes - live in states Hillary lost, that kind of move would result in other electors switching Hillary votes to Trump. Which would be awesome. At some point it'd just dissolve into a huge pie fight.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Byzantine posted:

Almost all the states that voted for Hillary actually have voting against your state as being illegal. Ironically, almost all of the states where it is legal voted for trump, who are probably the least likely to actually swap their votes. But hey, anything's possible.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Something I see on Facebook really often is just a flat white image with a bunch of text on it. Why go to the trouble of opening MS Paint or whatever and putting badly formatted text on a plain white background, instead of just writing it on Facebook?

I mean, I see it all the loving time.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

kyle sounds like a prick, shame you didn't show his previous posts

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Wat a fucken joke... this is wat is wrong wit the world.... people tht dnt like trump should just pack ther poo poo and move out..... #trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

credburn posted:

Something I see on Facebook really often is just a flat white image with a bunch of text on it. Why go to the trouble of opening MS Paint or whatever and putting badly formatted text on a plain white background, instead of just writing it on Facebook?

I mean, I see it all the loving time.

It's a technique to get more views and shares. People scroll past text more easily than images.