Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the bonfire ascetic mechanic from DS2 would be really great in 3

i really miss that. the bosses in 2 sucked so much there was no reason to use them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aescetics were helpful in getting the plat so I could grind the poison boss for a million souls and skip half the game instead of doing the whole thing because you had to get NG+4 or something just to buy that one spell.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Aescetics were helpful in getting the plat so I could grind the poison boss for a million souls and skip half the game instead of doing the whole thing because you had to get NG+4 or something just to buy that one spell.

hey no one forced you to do that, you could also get 500 wins (in a row) in pvp to get the spell for free.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

hey no one forced you to do that, you could also get 500 wins (in a row) in pvp to get the spell for free.

When I saw that number I thought people were just unsure because of week one misinformation but no. It's actually 500. I wonder if anybody ever did that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

When I saw that number I thought people were just unsure because of week one misinformation but no. It's actually 500. I wonder if anybody ever did that

i think onlyafro did it and uninstalled the game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

i think ludwig is probably my favorite boss. artorias is definitely up there, maybe even 2. defiled amy is the biggest surge of adrenaline i've ever felt beating a souls boss.

god I forgot about that fucker

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Artorias is still one of the hardest bosses in the series

im of the opinion that its the easiest boss of the dlc, except for maybe the single sanctuary guardian. anyway my favourite boss of the souls series a three way tie between orphan of kos, the abhorrent beast, and probably the new DLC one. oh and mr sulyvahn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ab. beast is the lightning wolverine right? badass fight, the return of flame lurker but balanced and fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ab. beast is the lightning wolverine right? badass fight, the return of flame lurker but balanced and fun

yeah. i cant believe they buried it in the chalice dungeons. although i suppose you can fight it in the forbidden woods as well, but that version doesnt have much HP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

although i suppose you can fight it in the forbidden woods as well, but that version doesnt have much HP

Whoa what?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Try attacking the guy you usually send to iosefka's

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you can send him to cathedral ward and fight him there if you dont mind him snacking on one of your friends

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the bosses in bloodborne are great, even the ones exclusive to the chalice dungeons. i still dont get why they wanted you running around boring hallways and poo poo instead of just a boss rush but whatevs, i guess the alien ones were pretty cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is Soul of Cinder the last boss?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

Is Soul of Cinder the last boss?

yep. although it doesn't auto-trigger ng+, you do that through a menu, so feel free to fight at your leisure

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Ebrietas is a hell of an alien and has cool music too.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guw posted:

Ebrietas is a hell of an alien and has cool music too.

:yeah:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I will pay from sixty American dollars for a way to endlessly rechallenge bosses from their lantern / bonfire

60$!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

my reaction to fighting artorias and manus for the first time and losing badly: poo poo. this is an asshload of gently caress! who the gently caress designed these pieces of poo poo, this is cancer. miyazaki is cancer. byullshit undodgeable moves, no solution
my reaction after beating artorias and manus for the first time: These are the best bosses in dark souls and I want to fight them again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Manus is specifically my favorite ever because his visual design, the aesthetic of the arena, his crazy attacks and the fact that you can brush them off your chest like goku with the right item, and the Sif lore tie in. It's the perfect synthesis of all the parts that make the souls series as memorable and great as they are

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Finally getting to play the DLC :discourse:
Having to play the DLC under a Trump Presidency :darksouls:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Starting a new run to play the DLC and trying to decide on a character. Here's my first guy, he ended up mostly dex/pyro but I don't know if strength or any of the magics are good lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i definitely recommend doing a strength character, its a lot of fun

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I went to untended graves and holy poo poo...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everyone, please, do a big weapon no shield run. it's the most fun i've had with the game, and im gonna do it for dark souls 1 someday

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

it's my favorite area in the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had it spoiled for me and was majorly pissed but I guess we still have no loving idea what it's all about

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had it spoiled for me and was majorly pissed but I guess we still have no loving idea what it's all about

solaire makes it very clear in 1 that the world exists in multiple timelines and sometimes they overlap... the different version of firelink is just you slipping into an alternate timeline, maybe due to something oceiros was up to

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Or maybe not. Filling in the story blanks with your imagination is my favorite part of these games

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Legless created a pocket dimension firelink shrine. You then teleport to the past from that bonfire. The handmaiden dialogue changes if you talk to her in the untended graves before talking to her in firelink. You can see yourself (a corpse) in your grave in untended graves.

Kild fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 10, 2016

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Kild posted:

Legless created a pocket dimension firelink shrine. You then teleport to the past from that bonfire. The handmaiden dialogue changes if you talk to her in the untended graves before talking to her in firelink. You can see yourself (a corpse) in your grave in untended graves.

huh, I just thought it was another possibility of what could happen to lothric. like this is the result of choosing to extinguish the flame.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Benny D posted:

solaire makes it very clear in 1 that the world exists in multiple timelines and sometimes they overlap... the different version of firelink is just you slipping into an alternate timeline, maybe due to something oceiros was up to
imo Untended Graves is the "real" Firelink, hence why it's part of the world and the one we use very pointedly isn't. It's dead because of Prince Lothric. The one we use is... a sort of recreation of it by the last firekeeper, like the Nexus, I guess, as a last-ditch way to rekindle the first flame and fix the world? Or I think tiny guy implies that he basically brought it with him from his time/world? and it didn't work lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dark souls 3 is miyazaki going a little nuts with the chalice dungeon concept

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This poster thinks you can reason with racists and bigots instead of killing them like the mangy dogs they are.

Beg them to kill themselves as well; they're no better than the white people who voted for Trump.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
things are getting spicy over in D&D

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
It's normal to want people to die

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[me, creating a mod for the dark souls death message]: This poster thinks you can reason with racists and bigots instead of killing them like the mangy dogs they are

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

rediscover posted:

It's normal to want people to die

this

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

THE CHAMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the champ's a badass fight

• Locked thread