Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
Aggro Vamp seems like it's just a bit faster than other decks I play. It also seems like it's an auto-loss to priest, which is a very common deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What beats aggro vamp anyway? I've only played a couple variants of Storm Haven on the ladder and blood has a strong matchup against all of them. I'm not running into it enough to really justify leaving Haven behind, but I'm curious. Does Elana Haven get its poo poo together fast enough to kill em off?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What beats aggro vamp anyway? I've only played a couple variants of Storm Haven on the ladder and blood has a strong matchup against all of them. I'm not running into it enough to really justify leaving Haven behind, but I'm curious. Does Elana Haven get its poo poo together fast enough to kill em off?

I don't have a great bat deck (missing a couple Vampiric Fortresses), but I've found it very hard to get those last few HP down if they keep healing.

Edit: Got 2 golds from the free packs, a 4th Vania and a 2nd Garuda. Garuda is nice, I guess.

Edit2: I consistently beat aggro vamp with my Pascale deck. Honestly I never felt like it was all that threatening in the first place.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 9, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Got Dark Angel Olivia from twitter, hooray :frogbon:

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Got two packs from dailies, got Prince of Darkness and Lucifer. What the hell, why is my luck this good? :psyduck:

What the heck does Prince of Darkness do? It said it replaces your deck with a 10 card deck but there's no data about what cards are in it. Is one of the cards "you win!"?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lord Ephraim posted:

Got two packs from dailies, got Prince of Darkness and Lucifer. What the hell, why is my luck this good? :psyduck:

What the heck does Prince of Darkness do? It said it replaces your deck with a 10 card deck but there's no data about what cards are in it. Is one of the cards "you win!"?

There's a cheap 13/13. Massive direct damage spells that heal you. Storm damage. All sorts of massively unfair cards. If you're at parity when you play him, you probably win. But there are times you'll be behind and need to pull the 7-damage drain and instead draw a huge 13/13 body without ward and just die.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Ask me about Runecraft being my spirit animal.

I find that I actually have really good success with Runecraft if I just focus on Earth Rite poo poo - this deck was way more Sigils than Rites but I found that it was way less of a problem than I initially expected. Calamitous Curse puts in gaming-winning levels of work every time I draft it, and the 2x Remi is super nice. Ancient Alchemist managed to never be dread either, due in large part to all the stall and board flips.

All in all, was pleasantly surprised, and I'm glad to finally have gotten my first 5-0.

Here's the draft for anyone curious.

e: for completeness' sake, I'll also say my rewards were a pack and 280 gold.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Lord Ephraim posted:

A friend helped me create this sword deck but I don't really know what I'm suppose to do with it. The two cards you can't see is Alwida's Command and Frontguard General. I don't really now much about CCG jargon outside of SMOrc meme stuff. I have an Alexander but he said it's not really fitted into the meta however do not liquefy it yet.

I won 6 out of 10 unranked games against similar ranked nobodies without really trying. I just make sure I have more dudes than my opponent and hit face. :orks101:

My free DE packs gave me 5 spirit cycle (and a Crystalia Tia woo?). I mean, I'll take 500 free vials but what are the chances of getting the same card once in each pack?

It looks like you've got 95% of a midrange sword deck, which makes you a lucky jerk because that's the strongest sword deck right now.

Basically your early cards like vanguard, whole sword swing, and fencer let you trade favorably and gain virtual card advantage, you have cards to search and thin your deck like pompous princess and maid leader, and your mid to top end like floral fencer, aurelia, and otohime are monsters that will require 2 or 3 for 1's out of your opponent.

There''s no real tricks to playing the deck, it's a very straightforward value machine.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
I got 2 Crystala Tias, and then 1 of Cerberus, Gabriel, Zirnitra, Pluto.

Is that worth keeping? I'm not against rerolling more if it's not in like the top 95th percentile of rerolls.

As far as races go, I like playing midrangey/combo decks, preferably with multiple avenues of victory. Flexible, good value cards are what I like.

TIA!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

The apocalypse deck contains these cards:

3x 5 mana follower, 13/13
3x 6 mana follower, 8/8 with storm
3x 7 mana spell: deal 7 damage (to an enemy unit or leader), restore 7 hp to you
1x 10 mana spell: Set opponents HP to 1

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

nyxnyxnyx posted:

I got 2 Crystala Tias, and then 1 of Cerberus, Gabriel, Zirnitra, Pluto.

Is that worth keeping? I'm not against rerolling more if it's not in like the top 95th percentile of rerolls.

As far as races go, I like playing midrangey/combo decks, preferably with multiple avenues of victory. Flexible, good value cards are what I like.

TIA!

It's fine

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
all right who's ready to puke at the most disgusting take two list :

well, I guess rousing step is a dud, maybe this isn't that disgusting

i played against a surprising number of elves this run, but they all had tia + ancient elf

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
As far as budget decks go, I built an aggro Shadow deck to go with my Banner Sword and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think I'm close to putting together a garuda deck too but I want to practice with these more first.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

after getting my bonus packs today i was able to make the aggro bat deck and it feels cheap and dirty. no legends and at my bottom feeder rank it feel unfair against other people.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I tried out the more controlling Storm Haven list with two Decrees. I was skeptical but I've beaten Elana's Prayer twice and that would have never happened with the two Moons list I had.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I've got so many Crystalia Tias at this point but I never want to play Forestcraft ever and I'm so torn about dusting all of them.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Eej posted:

I've got so many Crystalia Tias at this point but I never want to play Forestcraft ever and I'm so torn about dusting all of them.

I'd hold off on zapping them. It's very possible that card gets a nerf next balance pass, and you could then liquefy them for full value.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of which, about how often can we expect balance patches for this game?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

after getting my bonus packs today i was able to make the aggro bat deck and it feels cheap and dirty. no legends and at my bottom feeder rank it feel unfair against other people.

Aggro Bat is fun and mirror matches are hilarious races to death. I won one when my opponent thought she had exactly enough for fatal by evolving an Imp Lancer, but I had a Mini Soul Devil and her effect left me with 1HP and fatal on my turn.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

Aggro Bat is fun and mirror matches are hilarious races to death. I won one when my opponent thought she had exactly enough for fatal by evolving an Imp Lancer, but I had a Mini Soul Devil and her effect left me with 1HP and fatal on my turn.

yeah i'm not sure if it is just because i'm still c rank or what but i've had so many people evolve into Soul Devil lethal. like read the card man

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

All the Elana decks waited until I dusted some poo poo to build Blood to show up. It was all Storm 20 minutes earlier.

edit: Seriously it was like 10 straight games of Storm and suddenly nobody's playing it. Ugh.

edit 2: After juggling win and loss for a while I finally hit a streak of decks soft to the plan. We B3 now boys.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 10, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Razory Claw's effect isn't simultaneous, and unlike Magic it doesn't check states only after the spell resolves. Meaning today I went for a draw when me and an opponent were burnt down to 2 life, and I clawed only myself to death. I didn't really have another option so I don't regret it, but heads up to anyone else wondering how that works.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Razory Claw's effect isn't simultaneous, and unlike Magic it doesn't check states only after the spell resolves. Meaning today I went for a draw when me and an opponent were burnt down to 2 life, and I clawed only myself to death. I didn't really have another option so I don't regret it, but heads up to anyone else wondering how that works.

Also important to know, if you kill yourself during your turn, you are the one that loses. This is mostly relevant for simultaneous damage effects, like Demonic Storm. There's no actual way to draw as far as I know.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I feel like Take Two is an arms race of who can get their strong 4 point followers out or people who stall until Olivia and win. It seems really baised towards Blood or Sword when you can spam Florals or Bats. I draft 6 wards and don't draw a single one and die by turn 7.

If I don't care about the mode, can I just trade the tickets for packs and just use dailies for gold generation?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sophism posted:

Also important to know, if you kill yourself during your turn, you are the one that loses. This is mostly relevant for simultaneous damage effects, like Demonic Storm. There's no actual way to draw as far as I know.

I lost a game against a Rune player, who killed me with the very last card in his deck, a Magic Missile (Deal 1 damage to an enemy. Draw a card). The card draw would have killed him, but in this case, the damage was evaluated first.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 10, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sophism posted:

Man so I was hosed three DIFFERENT ways. Thanks for this one. I didn't know.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If you were playing against another aggro vamp when this happened, it was probably me. Happened to me on ladder not too long ago.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Agreeable Badger posted:

If you were playing against another aggro vamp when this happened, it was probably me. Happened to me on ladder not too long ago.

Nah, I was up against Sword. I had a weak hand but it ended in 3 burn spells. If he had almost any card other than that 6-cost command on his last turn, I'd have had the HP left for claw to burn the game out. So I mean, props to the guy for putting me in the position where the only burn combo available that could kill him wouldn't work. I don't know if he had a read on that particular play and how to stop it or just felt a lot of pressure and made the most aggressive play possible, but either way it worked.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

https://techraptor.net/content/cygames-interview-ccg-shadowverse

So they have confirmed a new expansion near the end of the year. I'll probably buy a month's worth of crystals for the daily deal, then open one a day and save my rupies.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ephraim posted:

I feel like Take Two is an arms race of who can get their strong 4 point followers out or people who stall until Olivia and win. It seems really baised towards Blood or Sword when you can spam Florals or Bats. I draft 6 wards and don't draw a single one and die by turn 7.

If I don't care about the mode, can I just trade the tickets for packs and just use dailies for gold generation?

wards aren't very important and blood isn't very good in take two, imo. strong 4-drops are only part of the picture for how you gain board control.

Floral Fencer is probably the strongest 4 drop but she's far from unbeatable.

Like, Shadow and Haven are the classes with the best wards at common, and they don't really rely on wards to win in take two.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 10, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, gently caress D-Shift, I am supposed to beat that poo poo with my aggro dragon deck. Like, I play that because It's fast (and I am poor) so let me twiddle my thumbs for half an hour while you play with your 9 cards. Yeah, I'll let you cycle your cards 4 times per turn, then wait for all the bullshit spells, while I sit here on top of this pile of salt.

Such a loving chore to play against. If at least I could interact with it in some way besides killing the random golem here and there.

I guess it's time to do some changes to put more damaging/faster cards in there because it usually ends with them a 1-3 hp. The problem is that "cannot be attacked mons" have lovely stats for the cost and D-Shift obviously doesn't give a flying gently caress about them. Otherwise I am steamrolling everything at D2.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Zoness posted:

wards aren't very important and blood isn't very good in take two, imo. strong 4-drops are only part of the picture for how you gain board control.

Floral Fencer is probably the strongest 4 drop but she's far from unbeatable.

Like, Shadow and Haven are the classes with the best wards at common, and they don't really rely on wards to win in take two.

Swords and Dragons are the two factions I've had the most success with in TakeTwo, and a large part of it is that they have the most reliable, efficient bodies at lower rarities. Drafting a viable control deck is sort of like finding a unicorn in your bathroom, so that the two most straightforward factions are the ones I consistently do well with isn't a big surprise to me. My only 5-0 with Haven for instance involved Olivia. Two of her. Not exactly a common occurrence.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Oh, gently caress D-Shift, I am supposed to beat that poo poo with my aggro dragon deck. Like, I play that because It's fast (and I am poor) so let me twiddle my thumbs for half an hour while you play with your 9 cards. Yeah, I'll let you cycle your cards 4 times per turn, then wait for all the bullshit spells, while I sit here on top of this pile of salt.

Such a loving chore to play against. If at least I could interact with it in some way besides killing the random golem here and there.

I guess it's time to do some changes to put more damaging/faster cards in there because it usually ends with them a 1-3 hp. The problem is that "cannot be attacked mons" have lovely stats for the cost and D-Shift obviously doesn't give a flying gently caress about them. Otherwise I am steamrolling everything at D2.

I just beat a d-shift deck by putting a lot of pressure on him.

It helps that aurelia threatens a 2-turn kill with some quickbladers and he has to commit a lot of resources to take her down :smug:.

Cynic Jester posted:

Swords and Dragons are the two factions I've had the most success with in TakeTwo, and a large part of it is that they have the most reliable, efficient bodies at lower rarities. Drafting a viable control deck is sort of like finding a unicorn in your bathroom, so that the two most straightforward factions are the ones I consistently do well with isn't a big surprise to me. My only 5-0 with Haven for instance involved Olivia. Two of her. Not exactly a common occurrence.

I've 5-0'd with seraph winning at least two of those games.

I had to do some crazy navigation in my matches but it's doable.

Pure control isn't really doable with the card pool but playing a deck whose goal is to constantly pressure the board is the easiest way to do well.

My most consistent 5-0's are with Shadow, because Shadow contests the board very easily and can also turn the corner to killing the opponent very quickly. Charon and Commander of Destruction create board advantages that can't be easily taken away with just an evolution play from the opponent.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 10, 2016

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Is it worth crafting commons in this game or do you tend to get them quickly enough anyway?

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Bored enough at work to try another cardgame out. A couple of rerolls in, I have these.

Sun Oracle Pascale
Tsubaki
Lucifer
Mythril Golem
Bloody Mary
Lord of the Flies
Dark Angel Olivia

For gold border -

Demonic Simulacrum
Dracomancer's Rites
Titania's Sanctuary
Rimewind
Calamitous Curse
Neptune
Azazel
Vania Vampire Princess
Noble Fairy
Ancient Alchemist
Arcane Enlightenment
Kaguya
Archangel Reina.

Should I keep fishing rerolls at this point, or do I have enough to work off of?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

trucutru posted:

Oh, gently caress D-Shift

You know I always wonder what's going through my opponents' heads when I start my Solitaire victory play.

I'm glad to know it's exactly as frustrating as I was hoping.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Nebiros posted:

Bored enough at work to try another cardgame out. A couple of rerolls in, I have these.

Sun Oracle Pascale
Tsubaki
Lucifer
Mythril Golem
Bloody Mary
Lord of the Flies
Dark Angel Olivia

For gold border -

Demonic Simulacrum
Dracomancer's Rites
Titania's Sanctuary
Rimewind
Calamitous Curse
Neptune
Azazel
Vania Vampire Princess
Noble Fairy
Ancient Alchemist
Arcane Enlightenment
Kaguya
Archangel Reina.

Should I keep fishing rerolls at this point, or do I have enough to work off of?

You can save the account but I would also just keep rerolling

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I learned not to spend vials on legendaries until after you open the daily card pack. I spent 3500 on Tsubaki and got another with the pack you get from login for the day. Now have two of them, and I don't think I need both.

I don't know if it's a bug on the mobile client but sometimes I drag the card I want, the card to the right is pulled instead. It made me look retarded when I played Angelic Barrage into a forest field that was immune to spell cards.

BTW what's the fastest you can actually win a match? I won a match against a bloodcraft player turn five after he played 3 blood wolves when most of my early draws were quickbladers and novice troopers. We both went face when I drew another novice trooper to finish him off. I actually would have lost if I didn't top deck all those storm cards; there was only 5 HP left on myself.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 10, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I opened four packs today, one Standard from the daily login, one DE from the daily deal, another DE for reaching AA1 rank and a final DE for doing my daily missions.

Was looking to get an Ancient Elf or a Tia so I can get closer to making my own Tempo Forest deck.

Got a Lord Atomy, followed by my second and third Lord of the Flies, which combined with the three Cerberus I opened in the past... well, seems like Cygames wants me to play Shadow. Guess I'll finish crafting the two Death's Breath, one Phantom Howl and one Foul Tempest I need for the Control Shadow deck that's been floating around lately.

Lord Ephraim posted:

BTW what's the fastest you can actually win a match? I won a match against a bloodcraft player turn five after he played 3 blood wolves when most of my early draws were quickbladers and novice troopers. We both went face when I drew another novice trooper to finish him off. I actually would have lost if I didn't top deck all those storm cards; there was only 5 HP left on myself.

The picture above is turn 5, but against an Aggro Blood opponent being too cocky with Razory Claws, it could have easily been turn 4. Aggro Blood mirror matches can end shockingly fast if one of them pulls off a perfect Vania + Vampiric Fortress combo with Razory Claws added in as finishers.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

I don't know if it's a bug on the mobile client but sometimes I drag the card I want, the card to the right is pulled instead. It made me look retarded when I played Angelic Barrage into a forest field that was immune to spell cards.

That happens when you drag a card diagonally across an adjacent card you can play, so don't do that. Drag the cards straight up, or just right click them (needs to be enabled in the options)

Lord Ephraim posted:

Turn 4 is possible even without the enemy damaging themselves with this:

quote:

Turn 1 Burial Grounds
Turn 2 Ghoul's Banquet, Skeleton Fighter, Atomy
Turn 3: Buff Atomy to 10, attack
Turn 4: Attack for lethal

I don't think there's a way to win on turn 3, even with the opponent cooperating (damaging themselves, or buffing your units)

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 10, 2016

• Locked thread