Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

FWIW, Richard Jefferson already said he thinks they will be the last NBA team to visit the White House.

And that's worth exactly 0. I'll believe it when the NBA players association puts out a statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't think the Latin American nationals that make up huge chunks of baseball rosters would be particularly enamored.

lol like they would even let them on the plane

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Props Department posted:

Any team getting to meet the president next year will be awkward.

Yeah i don't think they'll be going if they can get away with it

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't remember Bush having problems getting NBA teams there, even after Katrina. Granted I expect worse with Trump.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Bogut reinforcing that he has never made a friend in the NBA

quote:

Q: You took some hits on the way out of town, though. Your durability was questioned …

A: “Oh, who cares? I don’t care.”

Q: Even though it seemed like it was coming from the inside (of the Warriors)?

A: “But that’s how it is. I don’t buy into the sources thing. I don’t buy into all that (expletive), because this league is so two-faced and everybody is so fake. The same people who made those comments will see me tomorrow and shake my hand and ask me how my family is. This league is full of people who are full of (expletive) and shallow, and that’s what you figure out in pro sports. It’s very hard to meet a genuine person who you can call your friend in this league. That’s just the reality, and I understand that.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't remember Bush having problems getting NBA teams there, even after Katrina. Granted I expect worse with Trump.

What does George W Bush, president from 2000-2008, have to do with this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

There's a difference between being bad at decision and actively calling every non-white male demographic rapists and criminals and converting gays straight

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cool Buff Man posted:

God bless that grumpy bastard

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't think the Latin American nationals that make up huge chunks of baseball rosters would be particularly enamored.

I mean the Cuban ones might be cool. Otherwise yeah fair enough.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EoinCannon posted:

God bless that grumpy bastard

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

There's a difference between being bad at decision and actively calling every non-white male demographic rapists and criminals and converting gays straight

Add "white washing the reputation of war criminal and all around trash George Bush" to Trump's guiollotine tally please.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DeimosRising posted:

Add "white washing the reputation of war criminal and all around trash George Bush" to Trump's guiollotine tally please.

If you can't see the difference, read more. If my dog pooped inside, I'd rather have to deal with a piece of crap than a rancid liquid dump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygTbwGrTELc
vs
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/10/trump-campaign-staff-deletes-mention-of-muslim-ban-from-website/
This is just one easy to highlight difference.

I could imagine Trump not inviting LeBron if the Cavs win again next season.

Anyway, right now my hope that the Mavs can make the playoffs is back. Help me, I'm just setting myself up for more :negative: 2016-17 Mavs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

To be fair, Bogut probably thinks people who are just being polite and civil to each other are two faced.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If the Raptors won would they get to meet the President? That could get awkward.

Raptors are mostly American anyway

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/politico/status/796800379501576192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not as good as Obama breaking Rajon's spirit but not bad

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The very first thing Obama tried to do after the Packers gave them a shareholder's plaque was trading Aaron Rodgers to the bears, and then immediately had to be told it was a fake plaque.

Dude can easily be a night time jock on The Score and no one could tell the difference from some other homer chicago guy.

edit: Actually, iirc he talked about Jordan and how great the Bulls were when the last time the Lakers came to the white house.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
And he joked about it when the Warriors came 2 years ago, how happy to be with members of the best team ever (he meant Kerr as a former Bull)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Never Forget.

Obama:“Derrick Rose may have your number.”

Kobe: “If he calls that number, I’ll be sure to pick up after the fifth ring.”

:smith: Gonna miss Obama. Also when Rose wasn't a allegedly rapey rear end in a top hat.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Man I never really appreciated how cool Obama is until now

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
He better be in the celebrity all star game this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Obama will be missed

And not just because Trump is replacing him

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Cool Buff Man posted:

Didn't Bogut used to make a lot of questionable comments about how the NBA was all about "bling" and other dog-whistle comments about his fellow players?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Obama should dunk on Trump in the celebrity game and get him impeached

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sheriff posted:

Didn't Bogut used to make a lot of questionable comments about how the NBA was all about "bling" and other dog-whistle comments about his fellow players?

He has yes, it's probably safe to assume at this point that Bogut is a complete and utter rear end in a top hat.

quote:

"The public's image of NBA players is true," he says. "A lot of them get caught up in the hype and do video clips with rappers and all that crap. They want bling bling all over themselves and drive fast cars. But that's just the way the culture is in America — if you've got it flaunt it and if you don't, you can't."

[...]

"I'm not into jewelry. I've got some earrings but they're not too expensive. There are guys who drop a hundred grand for a chain. The public's got it right - a lot of NBA stars are arrogant and like to spend lots of money and have lots of girlfriends and all that."

Hmm I wonder why your teammates aren't really interested in letting you into their inner circle, Andrew?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

Never Forget.

Obama:“Derrick Rose may have your number.”

Kobe: “If he calls that number, I’ll be sure to pick up after the fifth ring.”

:smith: Gonna miss Obama. Also when Rose wasn't a allegedly rapey rear end in a top hat.

You know weirdo Kobe probably had like 500 practiced, rehearsed, and memorized zingers queued up for that meeting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

What does George W Bush, president from 2000-2008, have to do with this

(2001-2009)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

Man I never really appreciated how cool Obama is until now
You didn't realize this back in 2013?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhE8k-b2wg

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I knew he was cool. Just didn't really sink in how cool until I saw who was replacing him :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Here's the Bears one, complete with what you expect of a Packers/Bears rivalry attitude: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/43288/obama-can-bears-have-aaron-rodgers

quote:

In light-hearted remarks during a 10-minute ceremony, Obama said: "I'm just going to come out and say it: This hurts a little bit. This is a hard thing for a Bears fan to do."

He added: "You guys [are] coming into my house to rub it in. What are you going to do, go to Ditka's house next?"

Packers fans, Obama said, should "enjoy it while it lasts" because Bears fans "have two dates circled" this season -- the two Bears-Packers games. Joking, I think, Obama reminded the Packers that "if you guys are on a roll" late in the season, "just keep in mind that there is only one person here who can ground all planes in and out of Green Bay if he has to."

Obama got in the obligatory joke about linebacker Clay Matthews' hair and, after Woodson presented him with an honorary share of Packers stock, Obama said: "If I'm a part owner, what I'm thinking is we should initiate a trade to send Rodgers down to the Bears. What do you think?"

Woodson then clarified that Obama is "a minority owner."

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Did we lose any NBA senior regs to the politics toxx thread

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

(2001-2009)

You win this time [uppercuts the air so hard i lift off the ground a bit]

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

NickRoweFillea posted:

The IKs wusses out on that and are letting people get out with a Donation to RAINN. Good for them really. I think most of the NBA guys I see in d&d stick to uspol instead of cspam

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Toxxes in general are stupid as gently caress anyway

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Sheriff posted:

He also poo poo on Mark Jackson every chance he got so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Calvin Murphy: get off my dang lawn you hip hoppers

http://www.espn.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/3012/qa-with-calvin-murphy-broadcasting-his-style

quote:

ESPN: What do you think of the current flavor of today's NBA players?

Murphy: In the league, [James] Harden wears different [clothes], [Kevin] Durant wears skinny jeans. I don't like any of that, that's the hip hop generation. They talk about me and they got clothes so tight they been sprayed on. That's not my flavor.

ESPN: You don't like Russell Westbrook's fashion?

Murphy: Once again, that's hip hop generation. I wouldn't wear it. I would look ridiculous. It's bad enough the criticism I get for wearing suits that are different print and different color. My flavor is different, my body isn't made to wear those pants that are so tight -- I'd look like a 68-year-old fool. It looks good on Westbrook and James Harden, and then [Chandler] Parsons started to wear jeans rolled up.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

straight up brolic posted:

9. Houston Rockets Rough start to the season, but James Harden continues to be the best living offensive basketball player. Will shoot themselves into or out of every game this season.

The defense is a disaster and Capela has not cured his chronic foulitis, but I'm happy with the start; they've only played 2 home games. The win over the Spurs actually put them at the top of the SW division. West is balanced for the first time in a while, each division has 2-3 good teams instead of the SW being a slaughterhouse.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ramadu posted:

The IKs wusses out on that and are letting people get out with a Donation to RAINN. Good for them really. I think most of the NBA guys I see in d&d stick to uspol instead of cspam

Good. Politics thread regulars can get banned or whatever. I just want to look out for the homies in the NBA thread

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

NickRoweFillea posted:

Me, but I'm back

RIP, plat and avs

Forgot to donate last night :shobon:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Ooo GSW @ DEN tonight. Denver gave GSW problems last year for whatever reason, wonder if they can repeat?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

Ooo GSW @ DEN tonight. Denver gave GSW problems last year for whatever reason, wonder if they can repeat?
B2B to Denver is basically impossible. Would be a huge win for GSW tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ramadu posted:

I never toxxed :smugdog:

• Locked thread