Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

looks like the DNC chair is going to be the first big battle of the dem civil war

Good. Let's get this poo poo started, so that we can get it finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

lol gently caress that lobbyist shitbag.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

looks like the DNC chair is going to be the first big battle of the dem civil war

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/796843233322082304

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

The only reason I don't immediately reject Dean is that I'm terrified of the prospect of an even emptier suit getting the job. DWS syndrome.

don't be afraid. the dnc got us into this message. they completely failed the country. the blood of this horrific administration is on their hands as well.

be angry. sharpen your anger into a knife and use it to cut off this gangrenous ideology.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i fear the dems will not learn a single thing this election and vote for Hillary again. i seen people on even on this forum complaning that the new DNC chair is going to be 2 white men.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zikan posted:

don't be afraid. the dnc got us into this message. they completely failed the country. the blood of this horrific administration is on their hands as well.

be angry. sharpen your anger into a knife and use it to cut off this gangrenous ideology.

Yep.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Ironically the thing that's getting me more involved in politics is my chinese national wife who loves american politics.

She went with me to vote and thought it was the coolest thing ever, and now the idea of going to a party meeting is blowing her loving mind.

It's sort of reminding me that "Oh yeah we do live in a democracy (lovely as it is) and I can do more than just lie down and wait to get hosed. That's better than most of the world."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Democratic email leaks were a window into the madhouse. Bloodless corporate vampires referring to human beings with marketing lingo, framing candidates and policy platforms as "products." It was obvious that the whole foundation had been rotted to its core, but I thought they would still carry this election through sheer institutional inertia. I knew the Left would be proven right but not like this.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Peel posted:

I agree with this, dude. But be prepared for the possibility of still not getting a majority of the subdemographic and for your stronger gains to come from the rest of the working class.

To be clear, I think democratic margins can improve among poorer white Americans without winning many voters back from Trump outright, i.e. taking Trump voters and making them Kanye voters. Modern American electoral politics turns heavily on turnout.

No no, that's reasonable. I just haven't had much sleep and I'm not processing things well.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

I actually think this is the most productive response:

https://twitter.com/SwitchGlitchmon/status/796845066996154368

They have failed, most definitely-but they can still do some good if used in the right way.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
look may i ask something, i live in chicago, i voted and campaign for Bernie in the primaries and got my whole family from brother, parents and cosion who hate politics to vote for him. i want the DNC to go away from the neoliberal direction, what do i do as someone who never did collage but always follow the election.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Well What Now posted:

No no, that's reasonable. I just haven't had much sleep and I'm not processing things well.

That's fair, I've had maybe 8-9 hours total the last two nights and I'm not even American.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/796852996126740480

:same:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zikan posted:

you're right of course.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
back when ships were mostly made of wood there was a practice of taking an old ship, scrapping it except for the salvageable material and parts, then building a brand-new ship with the same name and saying it was the same ship as the old one because it was "reconstructed"

I don't know where I'm going with this story but I think the DNC could use a reconstruction of that sort

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

http://www.rollcall.com/news/opinion/im-a-coastal-elite-from-the-midwest-the-real-bubble-is-rural-america#sthash.hQsGH2Zt.rws7PPMx.gbpl

quote:

I’m from the rural Midwest. I now live in Washington, D.C. All of this talk about coastal elites needing to understand more of America has it backward.

When you grow up in rural America, denying rights to people is an abstract concept. Denying marriage rights to gay people isn’t that much different than denying boarding rights to Klingons.

To pin this election on the coastal elite is a cop-out. It’s intellectually dishonest, and it’s beneath us.

We, as a culture, have to stop infantilizing and deifying rural and white working-class Americans. Their experience is not more of a real American experience than anyone else’s, but when we say that it is, we give people a pass from seeing and understanding more of their country. More Americans need to see more of the United States. They need to shake hands with a Muslim, or talk soccer with a middle aged lesbian, or attend a lecture by a female business executive.

If we pin this election on coastal elites, we are excusing white working-class and rural Americans for voting for a man accused of violating the Fair Housing Act by refusing to rent apartments to black people. If we pin this election on coastal elites, we are excusing white working-class and rural Americans for voting for a man who called Mexicans rapists, drug dealers and criminals. If we pin this election on coastal elites, we are excusing white working-class and rural Americans for voting for a man who called for a complete ban on Muslim immigration.

Change has not been kind to the Midwest and rural America.

And rather than embrace it, rural and white working-class Americans are twisting and turning, fighting it every step of the way. We will never return to the days where a white man could barely graduate high school and walk onto a factory floor at 18 and get a well-paying job for life. That hasn’t set in for much of the Midwest.

:laffo:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

agree, we need a government program to pay for white rural working class to visit coastal cities.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Cyron posted:

look may i ask something, i live in chicago, i voted and campaign for Bernie in the primaries and got my whole family from brother, parents and cosion who hate politics to vote for him. i want the DNC to go away from the neoliberal direction, what do i do as someone who never did collage but always follow the election.

Do research on local democrats. Guys and girls with views similar to Bernie's you support. Call them up. Volunteer for them. If you got your family who hates politics excited about Bernie, you might have the charisma to make a good volunteer for those people. It might not seem like a big help then, but it really is.

Well What Now posted:

back when ships were mostly made of wood there was a practice of taking an old ship, scrapping it except for the salvageable material and parts, then building a brand-new ship with the same name and saying it was the same ship as the old one because it was "reconstructed"

I don't know where I'm going with this story but I think the DNC could use a reconstruction of that sort

Yeah I agree. There's lots of salvageable things in the DNC but it needs a real big shakeup.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Let's blame the electorate, that tends to improve results right?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Well thank god that's solved. It's been real everyone, see ya in 4 years!

Souai
Dec 16, 2007

I can't believe this is a real article written by a real person. Why would anyone peacefully accept a massive decline in quality of life?

Holy poo poo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/796856031393423360

:barf:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

no loving way.

they're so out of touch holy poo poo.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

And nothing of value was learned.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Why would we pin blame on the people who ran the worst presidential campaign in American history?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Well What Now posted:

I don't know what to tell you about the least time the Dems tried reconstruction

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Cyron posted:

everyone's laid out the immediate steps of volunteering but for the first battle in dem civil war is to ensure that bernie sander's candidate, congressman keith ellison, is picked dnc chair. i laid out the process the chair is selected in this post

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797403&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=41#post466337725

in short it is not a party election like uk labor but decided upon by a vote of the committee members

individually you can contact the relevant individuals by phone, letter, and e-mail to express you support for congressman ellison. figure out who you can contact and do it. tell you friends. organize.

i don't know if this pressure will help but it's something

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

poor whites need travel more and maybe have the equiv. of a college experience? .

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Yeah. The problem is not knowing enough Lesbian soccer moms. Not a candidate that kept repeating "TPP? What TPP? I never said TPP." while her data nerds tortured spreadsheets until they confessed she was winning bigly.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Meanwhile, my entire social media feed on my phone is just the most twee garbage. augh.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

I agree, the government should indeed subsidize poor working Americans until they can take a vacation once in a while

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Cyron posted:

i fear the dems will not learn a single thing this election and vote for Hillary again. i seen people on even on this forum complaning that the new DNC chair is going to be 2 white men.

The new dnc chair is going to be a black muslim named Keith Ellison insha allah

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

a bunch of facebook friends are sharing that vox leslie knope letter about donald trump and saying poo poo like "crying rn" and i'm like, are you kidding me.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Remember how much John Oliver made fun of gay tiger lover Joe Exotic? He sure as poo poo could have run a better presidential campaign.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Is rural New Jersey actually a real place even?

Edit: What is this guy even going after? Is it just "don't blame the elites for loving this up, please, I'm one of them"?

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 00:38 on Nov 11, 2016

Souai
Dec 16, 2007

Zikan posted:

because this is my only source of hope right now i'm literally looking up the bylaws of the DNC here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.democrats.org/Downloads/DNC_Charter__Bylaws_9.17.15.pdf

as far as I can tell the Democratic National Committee consists of

i may begin a spread sheet with the contact info of all of these fucks so phone, letter, and e-mail campaigns can begin

If you do I will message every person on that list I plausibly can given my location.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Senior Director of User Experience

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Karl Barks posted:

a bunch of facebook friends are sharing that vox leslie knope letter about donald trump and saying poo poo like "crying rn" and i'm like, are you kidding me.

Honestly, this ruined Parks and Rec for me. And I love that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zikan posted:

because this is my only source of hope right now i'm literally looking up the bylaws of the DNC here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.democrats.org/Downloads/DNC_Charter__Bylaws_9.17.15.pdf

as far as I can tell the Democratic National Committee consists of

i may begin a spread sheet with the contact info of all of these fucks so phone, letter, and e-mail campaigns can begin

do it we need people to organize people into action

right now Dems, like me, don't know poo poo about local politics

• Locked thread