Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Condiv posted:

i have no issue with ex-hillbots

i want to do my best to disabuse the remaining hillaries of the notion she was a good candidate

she loving helped trump win the goddamn primaries. thats all you really need to say

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's a good thing young people quit loving, because a couple dozen states are gonna get rid of Plan B and there ain't gonna be no Roe v. Wade.

the average american has had sex with 9 people because i've hosed 3 billion

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Hot take internet humor pundit incoming (but drat it was a good feeling purge): https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPieReporter/videos/1044777035645189/

"How poo poo do you have to be to lose to [Trump]?"

This thread has moved me past shock, sadness, and terror to anger at the people who hosed this up.

Yeah the game changed when it seemed like the left won the culture wars, it got smug, and smugness actually led to the undoing of their fantasy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Terror Sweat posted:

she loving helped trump win the goddamn primaries. thats all you really need to say

i have been :bernin:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

It's time for the left to wake up to the fact that constructing echo chambers around themselves has left them cripplingly weak at framing their arguments in ways that actually appeal broadly.

Like advocating for minorities is good and cool and if you say 'the system should treat people fairly and minorities have been hard done by the system for centuries' you appeal to people's sense of fairness. The fact that left wing elites have settled on trying to advocate for racial justice by telling struggling white voters that they're 'white privileged' like they don't even deserve the meager things they have now blows my loving mind because how can you be so loving dense at framing your argument. If you set out to try to find the most alienating, impenetrable and unsuccessful way to talk about racial justice I doubt you could do worse.

Or telling poor voters 'lol you're voting against your own interests dummies' for decades. First, that's so loving condescending and secondly you don't get to spend years telling people they should vote for their naked self interest and then turn around and scold them for not voting in empathy for minorities. Oh poo poo, now they voted only in their self interest let's yell at them :supaburn:

You could take like half the left's platform and massively increase its appeal just by arguing for it in ways that don't make you sound like a smug bag of dicks.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Fiction posted:

If she doesn't take the right side we're going to primary the gently caress out of her. The fact that she went right to the AFL-CIO to make her bent knee speech makes me think she won't, but who really knows.

FWIW every single Wall St guy I know hates her loving guts. They are also really really butthurt about blocking her CFPB nomination only to put her in the Senate as designated bank torturer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yo whoever was collecting info for the spreadsheet here's the webpage listing california's DNC members: http://www.cadem.org/our-party/dnc-members

most of them are private citizens tho so should probably not try to track down contact info. here's the contact info for the party HQ tho if california goons want to pester them about putting keith in charge

California Democratic Party Headquarters
1830 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
(916) 442-5707 phone
(916) 442-5715 fax

info@cadem.org

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lazorexplosion posted:

It's time for the left to wake up to the fact that constructing echo chambers around themselves has left them cripplingly weak at framing their arguments in ways that actually appeal broadly.

actually its time for the left to murder every single clintonista that has any semblance of power

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

It wasn't her a lot of the times, she was just a push over in believing she needed to be polite instead of going all in on gently caress THE GOP ILL KILL EM ALL FOR YOU. You can't convince people you will be change if you act like a nice old lady

I wish we had seen Margaret Thatcher-style Hillary and seen her get up and have a frank discussion about how much she loathes the GOP and is going to personally destroy their party once and for all.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

actually, fishmech showed me some stats that PROVE nafta and TPP won't affahahahahaha

Fishmech is the the quintessence of Hill Folkness such as having the smug all the answers attitude and not being able to see simple basic reasons why workers would put their faith in Trump.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Terror Sweat posted:

actually its time for the left to murder every single clintonista that has any semblance of power

Why not both?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rand alPaul posted:

I wish we had seen Margaret Thatcher-style Hillary and seen her get up and have a frank discussion about how much she loathes the GOP and is going to personally destroy their party once and for all.

yeah i dont think she is capable of running and winning, but i'd be cool if she tried to destroy them in spite with the rest of her life

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012

lazorexplosion posted:

Or actually try to re-learn marxist class conscioussness, but that's been repressed for like 70 years here so idk.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hill Folk tried to argue with me that Bernie didn't do enough and should share the blame for her loss.

Even though he endorsed her and campaigned to support her.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

etalian posted:

Fishmech is the the quintessence of Hill Folkness such as having the smug all the answers attitude and not being able to see simple basic reasons why workers would put their faith in Trump.

can we permaban fishmech for the sake of it. just for being peak dnd. and also for being extra insufferable.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

etalian posted:

Hill Folk tried to argue with me that Bernie didn't do enough and should share the blame for her loss.

Na that argument is hosed. Clintons and any associated with them lost this election, and they're just scared the trash compactor is coming for them.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

hillary: so powerful that she can rig every election but the final one :allears:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

etalian posted:

if you want to see some clintonista salt go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/
its hilarious how they refuse to look inward

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

I think we should hurl fishmech, obdicut, and the clintonites off the Tarpeian Rock for the good of the republic.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i voted for bernie

bow to me nerds yaaas comrade yaaaas

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Rand alPaul posted:

that was never going to happen lmao

the time for fanfiction ended on tuesday

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bill Clinton ultimately cost the Dems everything with his "did he do it or not" phone call to Trump that he tried to take credit for near the end of this ratfucking shambles of an election.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yo whoever was collecting info for the spreadsheet here's the webpage listing california's DNC members: http://www.cadem.org/our-party/dnc-members

most of them are private citizens tho so should probably not try to track down contact info. here's the contact info for the party HQ tho if california goons want to pester them about putting keith in charge

1830 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
(916) 442-5707 phone
(916) 442-5715 fax

info@cadem.org

thank you

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lazorexplosion posted:

Like advocating for minorities is good and cool and if you say 'the system should treat people fairly and minorities have been hard done by the system for centuries' you appeal to people's sense of fairness. The fact that left wing elites have settled on trying to advocate for racial justice by telling struggling white voters that they're 'white privileged' like they don't even deserve the meager things they have now blows my loving mind because how can you be so loving dense at framing your argument. If you set out to try to find the most alienating, impenetrable and unsuccessful way to talk about racial justice I doubt you could do worse.

Or telling poor voters 'lol you're voting against your own interests dummies' for decades. First, that's so loving condescending and secondly you don't get to spend years telling people they should vote for their naked self interest and then turn around and scold them for not voting in empathy for minorities. Oh poo poo, now they voted only in their self interest let's yell at them :supaburn:

You could take like half the left's platform and massively increase its appeal just by arguing for it in ways that don't make you sound like a smug bag of dicks.

God if this isn't the loving truth

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

if you want to see some clintonista salt go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/
its hilarious how they refuse to look inward

Holy poo poo :stare:

e: sorry for the double post :(

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

even before he actually won i was cool on the notion that clinton aiding trump was a sign of wisdom rather than a pretty serious black mark

just by running the man did serious damage to vulnerable populations. and now he's president.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Yeah the game changed when it seemed like the left won the culture wars

I think it's high time to draw a sharper distinction between leftists and social progressives.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Didn't see this in the last few pages-
https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/796476782719500289

That probably needs to get fixed, right? (as in spreading out more, not voting them all out)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796878548979978240
http://www.nbc29.com/story/33682055/virginia-democrats-raise-funds-for-vandalized-gop-headquarters

They will never learn

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I made an (in hindsight) poorly made decision I would actually do stuff with democrats if Trump won. Damnit. Well I'm going to be the most vulgar annoying democrat ever, but I e-mailed my county's party asking what the gently caress I had to do to get rid of all the olds in the party

also anyone know who I need to e-mail in the WA state so I can yell at all those motherfuckers too? Their website is low info as possible it seems.

Doorknob Slobber has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Nov 11, 2016

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Deimus posted:

Or actually try to re-learn marxist class conscioussness, but that's been repressed for like 70 years here so idk.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Paolomania posted:

I think it's high time to draw a sharper distinction between leftists and social progressives.

Obviously. Republican turnout wasn't any better than it was the last two presidential elections, so the idea that being venomous to deplorables (bad an idea as it is anyway) deciding the election is specious. We have all the genius centrists to thank for doing everything in their power to alienate the left wing base, and young voters every step of the way during the primaries.

I sure as poo poo never considered voting for Clinton after constantly being condescended to by know-it-all wonk idiots, who claimed they wouldn't need youngs or whites.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

loving fire all of these motherfuckers

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I don't even care about being a white guy. All I said was that you need white workers to achieve legislative majorities to actually get anything done, but Those Fuckers claimed demographics are destiny. Turned out I was right in ways I couldn't have even conceived!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Any Hillaryman shall be forgiven if they Come to Lenin and accept Karl Marx as their lord & savior.

Lol

I mean, yea I get it. It's just something I want you to keep in mind when the dust begins to settle is that this is C-SPAM. So once all the racism concern trolling and gbs and d&d leave after they finish their round of gloating etc and there are no more electionchat.

The difference here that I'm letting you know is to not post like D&D about it, otherwise you might as well just post in D&D imo and we wouldn't really need C-SPAM.

Keep it casual friend.

and definitely don't whine about primaries, it's november freakin 10th~ (I even voted for Bernie)

Do complain about the DNC though, thats on them~

Better yet, make fun of them. :cheers:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Obviously. Republican turnout wasn't any better than it was the last two presidential elections, so the idea that being venomous to deplorables (bad an idea as it is anyway) deciding the election is specious. We have all the genius centrists to thank for doing everything in their power to alienate the left wing base, and young voters every step of the way during the primaries.

I sure as poo poo never considered voting for Clinton after constantly being condescended to by know-it-all wonk idiots, who claimed they wouldn't need youngs or whites.

Calling racists out wasn't the issue, it was wasting valuable message time by even addressing it at all.

If she tried to connect with those people on even the most basic level, the non-racist Trump voters never would have went to him. So the comment itself didn't do poo poo but writing a certain segment off as being part of that sure did.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Raskolnikov38 posted:

1830 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
(916) 442-5707 phone
(916) 442-5715 fax

info@cadem.org

FWIW here's the info for the cook county (city of chicago) democratic party

http://www.cookcountydems.com/party.htm

Our headquarters is located at 134 N. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL, 60602. To contact us, call (312) 263-0575 or email cookcountydems@msn.com.

it's chicago so its undoubtedly terrible but still please yell at them if you live here

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Every bit of social media is so loving good today. So many people crying because they can't understand how this happened.

Here's a hint: if you demonize half the country, they arn't going to vote for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

WINNINGHARD posted:

I think we should hurl fishmech, obdicut, and the clintonites off the Tarpeian Rock for the good of the republic.

:agreed:

• Locked thread