Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

TBeats posted:

Army sucks.

Vote no on proposition (re)enlistment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
not enough spoons but my tax dollars are going to a bunch of fruits playing choir!!!! TRUMP2016

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

redneck nazgul posted:

So I'm currently waiting on my early out paperwork to come back to I can get out.

Currently, it's been kicked back to my G-1 by the CSM since nobody between the G-1, the Chief of Staff, or the CG knows who's actually supposed to sign it. This has been a decision approximately two months in the works.

Previous people in my unit have had theirs signed by the first O-6, the G-1, or the Chief of Staff and their paperwork was returned within two weeks.

:sigh:

Make lots of copies. Have everybody sign it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

McNally posted:

Make lots of copies. Have everybody sign it.

Yeah. When your unit does mandatory shaarp training just slip it into the signup sheet.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I can't believe he actually won...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Soulex posted:

I can't believe he actually won...

I wish I could get high. I think this situation warrants it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I know you guys hate garrison/peacetime army, but don't you think this is an overreaction?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Already have a wave of friends vowing to not re enlist

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

White Chocolate posted:

They are dumb if it took this to have them come to that conclusion.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

White Chocolate posted:

Gonna be a lot of officers mumbling the "without mental reservation" part of the oath.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Does anyone have IRR commission resignation paperwork handy? I haven't looked at that crap in years.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Does anyone have IRR commission resignation paperwork handy? I haven't looked at that crap in years.

Start here, I think

https://www.hrc.army.mil/Officer/Resigning%20your%20Commission

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I do have that form, but have a few questions about some of the fields that will hopefully be answered by looking at someone's (correctly) filled out copy, plus who is my Career Management Officer? The random E-7 who sends me recruiting emails? etc. I'm bad at army, always have been.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There any way to check status? Nothing in my out papers indicated transfer to IRR, but more of a full release. They cancelled my CAC permissions so it's a wee bit hard to look at AKO.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Officers retain their commissions until they resign them. I had a friend fulfill his MSO, forget to resign his commission, and get called up from the IRR to go to Iraq several years later. That was during the surge. I'm not taking any chances.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

See the official reason for me getting out was two passovers for promotion, so I have no idea if they retained me in the IRR after the guard was done with me.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

gently caress the Army Friday came early on my Facebook.

Got a dude in a fishing boat crew in Alaska, one moving to Indonesia with his wife and another who had his Canadian Citizenship paperwork ready to send in. Three have already said they're afraid of losing their healthcare, and half a dozen talked about retiring.

We voted for a walking SHARP/YO violation.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Pulled it up last night. Not sure how to do it from the IRR, though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

quote:

TO:UNIT S1
RE: IRR Packet

I got my ABCMR Packet denied.

I really want to get out now; I've done my time, I got no re-enlistment
benefits and I feel like there's not gonna be any change in the way they do
things there.

Wasabi the J SGT USARNG

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh, in case anyone needs their morning laugh, I spoke to the command's legal section yesterday. I asked who the first person with special court-martial authority is.

Legal didn't know.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
loving finally found out I'm getting a platoon. Half a year for me to get one when the unit average is 11-13 months before getting one.

There's definitely going to be some butt hurt guys that got jumped in line.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

loving finally found out I'm getting a platoon. Half a year for me to get one when the unit average is 11-13 months before getting one.

Enjoy your ulcer! Also keep a bottle in your desk. I know I did.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Having a platoon while deployed is cool, but you're combat arms in peacetime so it's probably super dumb.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mustang posted:

Have fun trying to make all the red blocks in the Excel spreadsheet green!

Your evaluation and career depend on it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mustang posted:

Artillery PL was a sweet gig, I basically said, "Hey Smoke and gunny, set up here, face there, make some booms, thx" and they were all, "Ok sir, go take your nap now, let us know when march order comes down."

Actually it was really boring and I felt bad enforcing MOPP standards for hardcore training in Korea.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Congrats on your platoon. Enjoy your descent into madness.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Obligatory

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Army is a perpetual salt machine.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Mustang posted:

Chances are it'll be the best job you have while you're in, so seriously, enjoy it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
how long until mustang posts that he's chaptering "a good soldier at heart" for something dumb or maybe the opposite when he wants to get rid of a guy but he's a chosen one with a good PT score so the command tells him its a "leadership challenge to overcome"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
You've got me confused with somebody that actually gives a poo poo about their career in the Army. I have no idea why I jumped to the front of the line for a platoon, certainly wasn't going out of my way for "face time" with the higher ups or blowing smoke up their asses. I just show up for work and get my poo poo done and go home when I can.

I am stoked about not being in S3 anymore though.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

iKon posted:

Chances are it'll be the best job you have while you're in, so seriously, enjoy it.

Spoiler alert: it's still terrible.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

I just show up for work and get my poo poo done and go home when I can.

Wow check out this overachiever.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Yes sir! I love working 80 hours a week SIR! RUNNING IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!! *stuffs CO's cock in his mouth*

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
remember that mustangs unit is great and everyone loves it

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

remember that mustangs unit is great and everyone loves it

the worm will turn

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm so bitter so it's hard for me to imagine a large group of people being happy in the army so I prefer to imagine that Mustang is just oblivious because, well, he's an officer.

That's not fair to mustang, I know, and I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My first CO brought me and the other new LTs into his office and asked us, "Which is worse: a lazy smart person, or a hard working idiot?"

Of course, one guy answers the lazy smart person because it's a waste of talent.

"No, it's a hard working idiot. Because they'll work hard at loving everything up."

Take this advice and use it, Mustang.

• Locked thread