Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Man, never thought I'd ever get to say this again but, "You smell like Bawls energy drink".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Their root beer, orange, and cherry flavors are all amazing too. Make sure to try them if you can find them.

edit for content: I bought this at a flea market. I'm trying to restore the idler wheel and it needs a new needle and possibly a new cartridge. Other than that I think it's in working order.

SpartanIvy has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Nov 7, 2016

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Inzombiac posted:

Megahex because I love the comic and want to support the creator.

Nothing But Trouble because it was my girlfriend's favorite movie as a kid and refuses to believe that it doesn't hold up (It doesn't. Holy poo poo it is bad)

The Exorcist because I'm going to see a special screening of it for my birthday and will get to meet Linda Blair. Hopefully I can get her to sign it.

That John Candy movie was cool, I think...gonna give it a rewatch now. Meg and Mogg are the best! Oh and of course Exorcist, just so very good.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Nov 7, 2016

colas
Feb 14, 2007

ArmZ posted:

I could guzzle bawls for hours

message me ;)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

That John Candy movie was cool

Nothing But Trouble? That was a horrendous pos. It's 9% on RT.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LifeSunDeath posted:

That John Candy movie was cool, I think...gonna give it a rewatch now. Meg and Mogg are the best! Oh and of course Exorcist, just so very good.

No, please.
I am a gigantic glutton for terrible movies but no normal person should watch it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

colas posted:

Nothing But Trouble? That was a horrendous pos. It's 9% on RT.

I'm so old I saw that in theaters. It's awful but you should watch it 1. because of how awful it is and 2. Digital Underground in a movie.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

davebo posted:

I'm so old I saw that in theaters. It's awful but you should watch it 1. because of how awful it is and 2. Digital Underground in a movie.

Yeah, I was going to mention Digital Underground, pretty random, don't forget Tupac. It was so gross though, and those giant babies...nightmare fuel.

colas has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Nov 8, 2016

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I bought a Leesa mattress and it arrived yesterday!

I also bought a bunch of drinks because the world is garbage, so I can't really tell how comfortable it was. I seem to remember it bein' great though!

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

SgtScruffy posted:

I bought a Leesa mattress and it arrived yesterday!

I considered one of those, but ended up going for the Origins Pocket 1500 from these guys https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk. Mostly because of the ridiculous amount of info on mattress construction on their site.

Comfiest thing I've ever slept on, although it's so thick we had to change our bed for something lower. Felt like my nose was six inches from the ceiling.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TE37s

Idk what colour to refurb 🤔

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

TE37s

Pink plasti dip, duh

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

TE37s

Purple.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

TE37s

Depends on your age and color of your car. I drive a silver car with gold wheels, I have no shame because racecar.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bape Culture posted:

TE37s

Leopard print, obv

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

TE37s

Trump's face obviously

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Randyslawterhouse posted:

Comfiest thing I've ever slept on, although it's so thick we had to change our bed for something lower. Felt like my nose was six inches from the ceiling.

You are crazy, that is the best feeling.

I bought a fishing rod from Japan

I am believing in the reality of Goemon so loving hard over here guys.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I was gonna but a Nes Classic. I got to the order confirmation page, realized with taxes and a 2nd controller it would be over $100 CAD and bought a raspberry pi instead. A timely video from snazzy labs on YouTube showed how to DIY a Nes cartridge into a microconsole and that was a lot cheaper.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My ps4 pro made me suddenly interested in 4K UHD tvs. And I am a big dumb idiot who now has less wall space than tv screen space

65" Samsung UN65KS8000

edit: good video review if you can tolerate a heavy Quebecois accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqb_8r-JDbg

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 10:57 on Nov 11, 2016

colas
Feb 14, 2007

U like?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
A wall mounted vacuum for my garage. My friend works for a competing brand, I have a feeling he's not going to like me anymore after he sees it.

funkatron3000
Jun 17, 2005

Better Living Through Chemistry
Stuff for the new overkill home network, Phase 1.

1000ft of CAT6

Cable distribution rings

Mikrotik RB3011UIAS-RM RouterBOARD

Ubiquiti Networks Unifi 802.11ac Dual-Radio PRO Access Point

HOSAFE 1MB1G HD IP Camera

Tripp Lite 6U Wall Mount Rack

CyberPower CPS-1215RMS Rackmount PDU

Spade bits

And a bunch of small stuff for cable crimping and management.

Phase two brings in the 24 port PoE switch, patch panel, proper wall plates, maybe another AP, and more cameras for the home security setup since there's been two daylight home break ins on our block in the past week :(

funkatron3000 has a new favorite as of 17:05 on Nov 11, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My ps4 pro made me suddenly interested in 4K UHD tvs. And I am a big dumb idiot who now has less wall space than tv screen space

If ~56" wide is more than half your wall space maybe you should make your next purchase be a double wide to replace your single wide

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

PCOS Bill posted:

If ~56" wide is more than half your wall space maybe you should make your next purchase be a double wide to replace your single wide

Ok fine I'll bite, post your SA Mart link.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo posted:

Ok fine I'll bite, post your SA Mart link.

I own a beautiful Victorian home, sorry to inflict feels on you.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just poking fun, I get your Zimmerman gimmick thing.

I'm spending the next few days in very-north NY for work, so I set up a ride to take me into Canada to explore a little bit of Ottawa. Never seen Canada, so I'm excited.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

treiz01 posted:

I was gonna but a Nes Classic. I got to the order confirmation page, realized with taxes and a 2nd controller it would be over $100 CAD and bought a raspberry pi instead. A timely video from snazzy labs on YouTube showed how to DIY a Nes cartridge into a microconsole and that was a lot cheaper.

You're a me to emulate NES games onto the Raspberry PI with wireless controllers?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

colas posted:

U like?

Makes Tomb Raider and BF1 a lot better. Nothing else that I have is much different. But games going forward should be great.

PCOS Bill posted:

I can't afford a double wide, those are for millionaires only (remember I am the $600 per square foot dude)

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

obi_ant posted:

You're a me to emulate NES games onto the Raspberry PI with wireless controllers?

Huh?

I hadn't planned to use wireless controllers, due to the possibility of input lag.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Makes Tomb Raider and BF1 a lot better. Nothing else that I have is much different. But games going forward should be great.

I can't afford a double wide, those are for millionaires only (remember I am the $600 per square foot dude)

You're all "some goon" to me

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Rolo posted:

Just poking fun, I get your Zimmerman gimmick thing.

I'm spending the next few days in very-north NY for work, so I set up a ride to take me into Canada to explore a little bit of Ottawa. Never seen Canada, so I'm excited.

I have some very bad news for you, Rolo...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ottawa's maybe not the most exciting part of Canada, but it's pretty nice to visit. I recommend the Museum of Civilization and the National Gallery. Museum of Science and Tech or Museum of Nature if you have kids along.

cdc
May 28, 2007

To you, Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?
Bought a new watch

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I've never been more excited to use a vacuum

And my cat doesn't run for cover whenever I turn it on

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Subjunctive posted:

Ottawa's maybe not the most exciting part of Canada, but it's pretty nice to visit. I recommend the Museum of Civilization and the National Gallery. Museum of Science and Tech or Museum of Nature if you have kids along.

Skrill.exe posted:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Skrill.exe posted:

I liked it! Just spent the day there and Gatineau, so we just walked around outside and took in the cool architecture. I'm a sucker for new places.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
First ever double post in the awful app.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

cdc posted:

Bought a new watch

Nice watch, but every time I read Nomos I say it as a portmanteau of No Homos in my head. 8/10

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

cdc posted:

Bought a new watch

Very nice! Their Worldtimer in blue is pretty much my grail, and every shot of their watches just confirms it.

Content: a very busted radio from 1938 (I think) off Craigslist, to refurbish and implant with all new guts over the holiday breaks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

cdc posted:

Bought a new watch

Coincidentally, I came here to post this...

MacBook Air ($300 used) and a new olive green nato strap ($10) for my Timex Weekender.

Looking forward to being able to use the full version of Garage Band with my iRig HD, and have have it last 6 hours on one charge for LA to NYC flights.

Also I found a CD album at a yard sale that had 80 original xbox games, so I picked up the console from craigslist, and I'm rediscovering old classics like TOCA Race Driver, Project Gotham Racing, and Crimson Skies.