Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Serf posted:

it literally happened two days ago

Ryan will tell old people that private insurance will cost them nothing at all and it'll be great, but OH NO those dastardly Democrats voted on a provision that means you're actually hosed well sorry bye

GOP wins in a landslide in 2018 (this happens in every universe btw)

unironically this will quite literally happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

Ryan will tell old people that private insurance will cost them nothing at all and it'll be great, but OH NO those dastardly Democrats voted on a provision that means you're actually hosed well sorry bye

didn't he try this in 2012 and lose?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

who used their monkey paw to wish that the culture war with the religious right would end?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

SInce Trump is most powerful man on Earth what sort of people will be his preferred Twitter-rivals? Or is he done with challenging mere individuals and will only lash out on collectives and mobs that number over thousands?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

didn't he try this in 2012 and lose?

that was a thousand years ago

the realm has changed

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's kinda surreal for a family friend who voted trump to call my dad and do like some sort of bragging poo poo about it when my parents and i both know that when/if the aca is repealed then like half that dude's family is immediately hosed

a very good case in point of why people are not rationally self-interested

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he's going to call it Trump Force One, isn't he

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's kinda surreal for a family friend who voted trump to call my dad and do like some sort of bragging poo poo about it when my parents and i both know that when/if the aca is repealed then like half that dude's family is immediately hosed

remember that phonecall, etch it into your memory. then when he calls blubbering about his family going bankrupt from medical fees you laugh right in his stupid loving face and tell him he self owned

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

that was a thousand years ago

the realm has changed

idk dude old people still vote and are still smart enough to realize that medicare is a really really good thing for themselves

Serf
May 5, 2011

we just elected Donald Trump to the most powerful position on god's green earth and y'all are still acting like poo poo makes sense and people aren't incredible dumbasses

:laffo:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Ray posted:

Way to vote for a literal snake oil salesman then, folks. Good looking out, there.

Again, until he proves he's not a snake, he's a loving snake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy9_r2Rzrc0

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Plz democrats listen to bernie :negative:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-class-voters/

quote:

“You can’t tell working people you’re on their side while at the same time you’re raising money from Wall Street and the billionaire class,” Sanders said. “The Democratic Party has to be focused on grass-roots America and not wealthy people attending cocktail parties.”

Sanders acknowledged the need for the party to continue its function as a fundraising vehicle but suggested a model akin to his presidential campaign, which raised much of its money from small-dollar donors.

“Millions of people are willing to put in 20 bucks, 30 bucks, 50 bucks if there’s a party to believe in,” Sanders said.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

we just elected Donald Trump to the most powerful position on god's green earth and y'all are still acting like poo poo makes sense and people aren't incredible dumbasses

it's prob no accident that trump explicitly promised to not touch SS when everyone else went cut cut cut during GOP primaries

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Typo posted:

idk dude old people still vote and are still smart enough to realize that medicare is a really really good thing for themselves

lol if you think they will get their opinions from anywhere but Breitbart or Fox News

they are not smart. they voted for TRUMP. *CLICK*

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

a.lo posted:

he's going to call it Trump Force One, isn't he

there's already a trump force two

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

it's prob no accident that trump explicitly promised to not touch SS when everyone else went cut cut cut during GOP primaries

do you think Trump remembers the primaries

do you think Ryan cares

they've got a blank check and they are gonna get away with literal loving murder lol

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Typo posted:

this aint the GOP primaries anymore.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Serf posted:

you are incorrect about why nothing matters.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

crowoutofcontext posted:

SInce Trump is most powerful man on Earth what sort of people will be his preferred Twitter-rivals? Or is he done with challenging mere individuals and will only lash out on collectives and mobs that number over thousands?

Democratic Congressional Candidate Anita Sarkeesian

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

cams posted:

poll plus model by nate silver!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Typo posted:

house, senate, potus, scotus. anything and everything can and will happen, nothing matters

Serf
May 5, 2011

cams posted:

look at this nerd poo poo

this is Trump's America now dawg

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Typo posted:

poll plus model by nate silver!
that graph was made in march. it will turn out to be accurate to within a few tenths of a point.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
Fox News (Fair and Balanced (tm)):
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/trump-protests-intensify-as-doubts-swirl-about-spontaneity.html

This is going to end in a civil war. I can't wait until Trump has control of the National Guard, NSA, CIA and FBI. He is going to use them with an iron fist and Fox News will cheer him on the whole way.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

cams posted:

what the gently caress is this supposed to even mean? gently caress you this is Trumpmerica now

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

confused posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/trump-protests-intensify-as-doubts-swirl-about-spontaneity.html

This is going to end in a civil war. I can't wait until Trump has control of the National Guard, NSA, CIA and FBI. He is going to use them with an iron fist and Fox News will cheer him on the whole way.

nah this is trumpland in reality the all those agencies are gonna be too busy launching coups against each other to start a war on the american public

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Agrajag posted:

what the gently caress is this supposed to even mean? gently caress you this is Trumpmerica now
the two things that matter most with regards to the outcome of the presidential election are average income growth and the tenure of the incumbent party.

Serf
May 5, 2011

we just witnessed the biggest triumph of feels over reals in recent memory and y'all are posting graphs and poo poo

get with the progam

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Serf posted:

do you think Ryan cares

they've got a blank check and they are gonna get away with literal loving murder lol

His voters will not just stop paying attention, ever, because it's a cult of personality

They won't blame him for ANYTHING, of course, but when the GOP begins to do all this poo poo many of them will direct their blame to them. Especially if Trump tweets about them, which he will, because he does what gets him "likes".

Serf
May 5, 2011

Serf posted:

get with the progam

more like get with the pogrom I guess

poo poo

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
The paid speeches and the glitzy fundraisers, they said, did not paint a picture of a woman connected to the real suffering in the country. But that, they said, was just who Clinton was after so many years in the spotlight. “Her outlook is, ‘I get whacked no matter what, so screw it,’” explained one longtime confidant. “I’ve been out here killing myself for years and years and if I want to give the same speech everyone else does, I will.”

My favorite bit of the article is a two-term former President sitting in on strategy sessions telling them to target the working-class and every advisor just shrugging him off.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Ryan is talking about phasing out medicare. Meaning the old fucks who voted for trump will get it until they die. It's the next generation that gets screwed.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

do you think Ryan cares

im sorry to empty quote you again but jesus christ are you right

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cams posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:chloe:

get that poo poo out of here

actually nothing matters hth

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Serf posted:

:same:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

His voters will not just stop paying attention, ever, because it's a cult of personality

They won't blame him for ANYTHING, of course, but when the GOP begins to do all this poo poo many of them will direct their blame to them. Especially if Trump tweets about them, which he will, because he does what gets him "likes".

you are absolutely not wrong, O&R

but what will it matter when SS is as gone as the ACA and we can't put it back together no matter how many times Paul Ryan gets primaried

it won't because

nothing matters

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Again, until he proves he's not a snake, he's a loving snake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy9_r2Rzrc0

"interesting" - lol. Reminds me of that bit in the Ali G show when he's pitching his books.

"She looks at his face. Nice. She looks at his dong. Very nice."

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

confused posted:

HOW THE gently caress DO PEOPLE FALL FOR THIS poo poo

a simple little check on Austin's weather today shows there probably wasn't rain.

Anybody from Austin want to confirm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LmaoTheKid posted:

Still haven't learned, have you?

lol

• Locked thread