Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The best part of League of Legends is bodyslamming dummies into walls, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Congrats to Richard Lewis of Bigbart.com on being named Secretary of Esport Development.

making him, officially, the biggest, baddest bart of them all

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday

Luna Was Here posted:

this is neat. Select a champion, get a playlist made for that champion based on their mood and playstyle. People seemed to like it on reddit so i figured itd be lukewarmly welcomed here

My submission was for Fizz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iwpplRyW8

glad to be of service!

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got to play top against the new rengar last night. It was unfun, not in the sense that laning against pantheon is unfun, but in the sense that whoever redesigned him should be up against a wall.

Also, are Lucian/MF any good now that Ghostblade got changed?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Any word on when the boxes are gonna reset for your champs? I thought it was supposed to be with this season but maybe they'll wait till preseason is over?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Any word on when the boxes are gonna reset for your champs? I thought it was supposed to be with this season but maybe they'll wait till preseason is over?

nothing i've seen, but i think you're right

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

your friend a dog posted:

Got to play top against the new rengar last night. It was unfun, not in the sense that laning against pantheon is unfun, but in the sense that whoever redesigned him should be up against a wall.

Also, are Lucian/MF any good now that Ghostblade got changed?

MF doesn't give the tiniest little poo poo about AS so yes, she's broken because now she gets more arpen against everybody for most of the game. Lucian's more debatable, I think he's weaker due to the mastery + item changes. Could use some love.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Transient People posted:

MF doesn't give the tiniest little poo poo about AS so yes, she's broken because now she gets more arpen against everybody for most of the game. Lucian's more debatable, I think he's weaker due to the mastery + item changes. Could use some love.

This is wrong and MF is going to be much worse now. Running a full arpen runepage was already really rough in lane and now will become almost unplayable, Ghostblade is strictly worse than it was before, and Duskblade is much, much worse for her (goodbye oneshotting people with a Q bounce).

Also I forgot to post about this before but re: lethality

Transient People posted:

It's the exact same. You break even at level 8 so anybody who wanted arpen before will still get it now, because it actually gets better outside of the earlygame.

It breaks even at level 18, not 8, and is roughly half as good as it was before in lane. They wanted to kill the arpen build on ADCs and they succeeded.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 11, 2016

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

blah_blah posted:

This is wrong and MF is going to be much worse now. Running a full arpen runepage was already really rough in lane and now will become almost unplayable, Ghostblade is strictly worse than it was before, and Duskblade is much, much worse for her (goodbye oneshotting people with a Q bounce).

Also I forgot to post about this before but re: lethality

It breaks even at level 18, not 8, and is roughly half as good as it was before in lane. They wanted to kill the arpen build on ADCs and they succeeded.

Your problem lies in trying to use a bad runepage. The items are just fine. (More in a sec, am in a game ATM)

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I apparently like the try-not-hard flex queue. I was a lifetime 2-8 in ranked games, then this happened in my first flex queue game: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2342998162/232831107?tab=overview

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Transient People posted:

Your problem lies in trying to use a bad runepage. The items are just fine. (More in a sec, am in a game ATM)

I have a way higher winrate and KDA on MF (~83%) at a MMR much higher than yours on both of my accounts. If you were running a flat AD runepage instead of a flat arpen runepage on MF at the end of last season you really didn't understand how to play the champion.

The ~60 flat arpen MF build last season (~50 flat arpen as early as ~15 minutes into the game) was incredibly broken and there's simply no substitute for it this season. Ghostblade is much worse (on all champs, not just MF) and Duskblade is completely gutted on her relative to last season (in fact the new passive completely anti-synergizes with her Q), where you could basically chain any Q bounce into a guaranteed kill if you rushed it.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 11, 2016

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

So. Arpen on MF. As you noticed, Arpen gives a terrible lanephase on her. So terrible that it's 'really rough', according to you, and now worse than that and unplayable. This should be kinda obvious, but you don't itemize for a nebulous lategame that may never come with runepages. You pick based on what wins you lane, when their impact is highest. I know what you're thinking, 'but champion.gg winrates!'. Those winrates are misleading for this discussion. What they don't tell is WHEN those pages were picked. It's very different to pick a scaling runepage when facing a zero threat lane like I dunno, Ashe/Soraka compared to an oppressive Jhin/Zyra. When you pick Arpen on MF for runes you don't just take a slight hit in power, you forfeit the entire earlygame because everything she does scales off AD - until you finish your first back, you will be worse than garbage because you're playing an ADC with base 48 AD and like no per-level scaling. If anything, you want to run AD reds and arpen quints - or possibly pure AD reds outright. Items are there to take care of arpen because it's a stat that works best as a multiplier, not a base. Since MF has an incredibly, impossibly disproportionately powerful ult in Bullet Time, you don't care about anything that doesn't act as an enhancer for it. In this sense, the arpen build is still the best choice for her, and she gained a surprising amount from the changes because of how valuable the 20 MS out of combat is early. Since the timer is a complete joke and has no delay, it pretty much guarantees you have a free boots upgrade when going in for Q poke, which means more successful Qs in general. This tradeoff amply, amply compensates for any minor losses like the dreamworld duskblade execute because when MF wins lane hard enough, she takes over the whole game. If you want a carry hurt by these changes, try Lucian. MF doesn't care because her major core (cleaver) is intact, she still has an incredibly easy to build item for laning that actually got cheaper and better at allowing free harass (ghostblade), and losing AS isn't an issue for her since she hits like 2.0 AS with just boots and W.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

blah_blah posted:

I have a way higher winrate and KDA on MF (~83%) at a MMR much higher than yours on both of my accounts. If you were running a flat AD runepage instead of a flat arpen runepage on MF at the end of last season you really didn't understand how to play the champion.

The ~60 flat arpen MF build last season (~50 flat arpen as early as ~15 minutes into the game) was incredibly broken and there's simply no substitute for it this season. Ghostblade is much worse (on all champs, not just MF) and Duskblade is completely gutted on her relative to last season (in fact the new passive completely anti-synergizes with her Q), where you could basically chain any Q bounce into a guaranteed kill if you rushed it.

I literally couldn't play for most of the season, so good on you? >_>

You really love pointless stats, but the fact of the matter is that if you went pure arpen against someone who knew what he was doing, they would utterly abuse you during your weak spots and completely starve you of CS because you did no damage. It's pointless to take a champion that has best-in-class lanestats and forfeit the lanephase for the midgame when you could instead convert your advantages right then and there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is it just me or is Kled's first clear really ugly now because of the monster number changes?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Orv posted:

Is it just me or is Kled's first clear really ugly now because of the monster number changes?

Literally Shyvana clears low after the changes. New Jungle Is Bad (TM).

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

You really don't get it. You aren't optimizing for a 'nebulous lategame', you were literally a monster once you bought your BF in laning phase (to build into a ... duskblade), and from that BF sword (or serrated dirk if you were unlucky) you had a gigantic powerspike that didn't end until you completed all of {ghostblade, duskblade, cleaver} and arguably Maw as well. Your first 6 minutes of the game suck with a flat arpen runepage but if you use love tap efficiently you can clear fast enough to not get completely shoved in, and once you get your first back you can easily compete with the other ADC in most trades.

Arpen is an incredibly strong stat when stacked (unlike AD, which is a really lovely one) and is a unique stat in that you could get 20 whole arpen from your runepage. 20 arpen isn't even remotely comparable to the 15 AD you get from e.g. a flat AD runepage, and its scaling was so broken that MF was basically a 60% soloq winrate on anyone that was smart enough to realize this existed.

Transient People posted:

If anything, you want to run AD reds and arpen quints

Except that arpen reds and AD quints were always way more efficient than the reverse. Do you actually look at the numbers on these items or just theorycraft?

Transient People posted:

and losing AS isn't an issue for her since she hits like 2.0 AS with just boots and W.

Yeah, good luck picking up that 650 gold from first tower without the ghostblade active when you run no AS in masteries/runes. It's actually a massive issue!

Transient People posted:

Since MF has an incredibly, impossibly disproportionately powerful ult in Bullet Time

This is actually true, and the arpen build involved completely playing around Q bounces and R. But it turns out that 20 flat arpen from runeswas by a gigantic amount more impactful for your R than the tiny gain you got from taking AD in your runes.

Transient People posted:

You really love pointless stats, but the fact of the matter is that if you went pure arpen against someone who knew what he was doing, they would utterly abuse you during your weak spots and completely starve you of CS because you did no damage. It's pointless to take a champion that has best-in-class lanestats and forfeit the lanephase for the midgame when you could instead convert your advantages right then and there.

Yeah, tell that to The Mash (in this thread) who got multiple accounts to diamond running the same poo poo or any of the several LCK ADCs who were running the same page. Both my accounts listed above were ~mid-high plat MMR.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 11, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the new jungle is pretty fun, i enjoy killing men and plants

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

thelazyblank posted:

Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune

Hell yeah where the MF titty pics at

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

blah_blah posted:

You really don't get it. You aren't optimizing for a 'nebulous lategame', you were literally a monster once you bought your BF in laning phase (to build into a ... duskblade), and from that BF sword (or serrated dirk if you were unlucky) you had a gigantic powerspike that didn't end until you completed all of {ghostblade, duskblade, cleaver} and arguably Maw as well. Your first 6 minutes of the game suck with a flat arpen runepage but if you use love tap efficiently you can clear fast enough to not get completely shoved in, and once you get your first back you can easily compete with the other ADC in most trades.

That's where I differ - because if your opponent is aware of the page you're running (by looking at your AD when you're clicked, probably), they can take extremely aggressive trades to keep you from touching any CS. You can't really fight when your passive is nonexistent due to a total lack of AD and your autos tickle (It's...what, 54 AD at level 1? Goes up to like 60 AD at most at level 4? Maybe add 3 or 4 AD from Natural Talent if you run that, I'd have to check its scaling). I can't think of very many ADC/support combos where full Arpen MF wouldn't lose to Jhin, Ezreal, Caitlyn or any other of the major ADCs in fights so badly that she'd be playing from a major deficit. The primary issue I'm seeing isn't that it doesn't work - it's the problem of reliability. If for any reason you lose the lane early (either by conceding kills or more likely building up a major CS deficit), you're playing from a really big hole.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
For real though what level does Lethality break even with old arpen on the items

e: I googled, the items that have 15 Lethality and used to have 10 arpen are as good at level 8, and better afterwards. Youmuu's, though, was 20 either way so it's at level 18.

flyingkiwi fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 11, 2016

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Radical posted:

the new jungle is pretty fun, i enjoy killing men and plants
Experience seems so high. You get lvl 4 with one camp to go in a full clear, and I think I'm, if anything, higher health on olaf at least at the end of the clear than I was before. I suspect gold/experience may need to be toned down a bit.

Orv posted:

Seems like the new jungle really benefits champs with aoe skills. Zac/olaf/hecarim, e.g.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Now after having played some games with these infamous plants I am more convinced that they are pointless, whereas the jungle buffs served an actual purpose.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Hell yeah where the MF titty pics at

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
guys I think Ivern is pretty decent now. If you use Daisy as a cc shield, she's pretty good.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Gortarius posted:

Now after having played some games with these infamous plants I am more convinced that they are pointless, whereas the jungle buffs served an actual purpose.

I agree with this and i also want my camps to spawn please, any time now, what the gently caress

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so far the best use of plants i've seen is people accidentally loving over teammates by launching them over jungle walls they didn't want to go over

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Plants are more fun than I thought they would be, but that might be because they're new rather than because they're a good idea. Honeyfruit is the only one I don't like at all.

The combat smites feel really bad now with the longer cooldown.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

So why does Ivern suck

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Transient People posted:

That's where I differ - because if your opponent is aware of the page you're running (by looking at your AD when you're clicked, probably), they can take extremely aggressive trades to keep you from touching any CS. You can't really fight when your passive is nonexistent due to a total lack of AD and your autos tickle (It's...what, 54 AD at level 1? Goes up to like 60 AD at most at level 4? Maybe add 3 or 4 AD from Natural Talent if you run that, I'd have to check its scaling). I can't think of very many ADC/support combos where full Arpen MF wouldn't lose to Jhin, Ezreal, Caitlyn or any other of the major ADCs in fights so badly that she'd be playing from a major deficit. The primary issue I'm seeing isn't that it doesn't work - it's the problem of reliability. If for any reason you lose the lane early (either by conceding kills or more likely building up a major CS deficit), you're playing from a really big hole.

As I said, this build is viable well through diamond and played by LCK pros in e.g. Korean challenger. It is rough in lane but so are champions like Ezreal, Vayne, and Twitch against lane dominant champs like Caitlyn. Worse comes to worse you just farm out a dirk and then come back to lane, when you can trade healthily. Arpen still is very strong early on (against a 30 armor opponent, 20 arpen increases your physical damage by nearly 20%), so the lack of AD isn't actually a huge deal in auto trades given your passive -- the biggest problem is the lack of AS for matching your lane opponent if they try to shove you in.

You are substantially overestimating the ability of your lane opponent to just decide they want to go aggressive on your 'weak runepage' and then execute it correctly -- especially at sub-diamond level in soloq.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
MF was indeed a monster last patch for those that knew to run full armor pen on her, even none-ADC mains like myself could become monstrous off the back of Q bounce 1 shots and team wiping 4000+ damage ults that ignored large portions of armor.

How is MF holding up on 6.22? I haven't tried enough games to see for myself yet, how does duskblade and lethality hold up?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

MF was indeed a monster last patch for those that knew to run full armor pen on her, even none-ADC mains like myself could become monstrous off the back of Q bounce 1 shots and team wiping 4000+ damage ults that ignored large portions of armor.

How is MF holding up on 6.22? I haven't tried enough games to see for myself yet, how does duskblade and lethality hold up?

Duskblade is hot garbage for MF. Zero synergy with her. Ghostblade is fine. Her build is still Ghostblade/Cleaver for the first two items and then whatever you need.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Those fuckers they did it, Ivern is broken as h*ck with the buffs and the new keystone mastery.

edit: my first game as him on 6.22, I thought it was weird that his suggested starting item was refillable instead of three pots, like it used to be. Then I tried it and hey, Ivern sustains the gently caress out of the new jungle with refillable. You don't even need Hunter's Potion like before, either. The smite changes are incredibly kind to him.

edit edit: i love this goddamned champion

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 11, 2016

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i played kennen for the first time in years and he was really fun

i'm sad his model and animations are still awful tho.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

Those fuckers they did it, Ivern is broken as h*ck with the buffs and the new keystone mastery.

edit: my first game as him on 6.22, I thought it was weird that his suggested starting item was refillable instead of three pots, like it used to be. Then I tried it and hey, Ivern sustains the gently caress out of the new jungle with refillable. You don't even need Hunter's Potion like before, either. The smite changes are incredibly kind to him.

edit edit: i love this goddamned champion
Scarra us abusing the hell out of him in Masters rn with like 8 straight wins

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
MF is worse now strictly because her best items pre-patch, Duskblade and Yomuus, are complete garbage for her now.

Duskblade anti-synergises as blah_blah said and the active change on Yomuus is a big hit too, because MF never needed steady attack speed, she needed short bursts of massive attack speed, either when given 3 seconds alone with a tower or when dove by a top laner, which Yomuus+W solved perfectly. My ridiculous MF winrate was as much from taking 4-6 outer+inner towers per game as it was from destroying lane after the first back. At 10 minutes, you could rotate mid, ult the enemy midlaner to kill them or force them back and then take their tower with 2 minions through W+Yomuus, and make it back to bot to catch the wave crashing into your tower with the free mobis MF gets.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'll probably still play her the same way, which is to get 30% CDR and armor pen stuff and look for good ultimates. i think edge of night looks pretty useful on her, too

she will be fine but not as strong

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Everyone finally figured out the good ivern build & play style so he's good now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what's the best mastery for Ivern? I assume windspeakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Probably the new tank one.

• Locked thread