Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Replace the audio with lovely MIDI covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Tiger Crazy posted:

Hey can someone recommend me some lp's I like comedy let's plays that can be video or picture such as the Mercenaries 2 Lp. Additionally I loved Wiz grand strategy lp's and grey war in the pacific and his other stuff. I keep hearing about a lp about some space game (andromeda maybe?) that people enjoyed but I haven't been able to find.

I highly recommend stuff by TheDarkId, in terms of screenshot lps. For video, I get a lot of enjoyment out of stuff by Psychedelic Eyeball, or Chip Cheezum/General Ironicus (their Blood on the Sand lp was marvelous). OatmealRasin and Panzer Skank also did a marvelous advent lp of Blue Stinger. And any Sonic 2006 lp is quite likely to be glorious.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

azren posted:

I highly recommend stuff by TheDarkId, in terms of screenshot lps. For video, I get a lot of enjoyment out of stuff by Psychedelic Eyeball, or Chip Cheezum/General Ironicus (their Blood on the Sand lp was marvelous). OatmealRasin and Panzer Skank also did a marvelous advent lp of Blue Stinger. And any Sonic 2006 lp is quite likely to be glorious.

I would also recommend Slowbeef's Dead to Rights LPs. And Lunethex's LP of the Syphon Filter series was loving magical.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Not sure where to post this, so I will put it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzwCvyWjGo

A good watch. Seems pretty accurate, too.

Is that Oregon Trail LP really gone?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Not sure where to post this, so I will put it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzwCvyWjGo

A good watch. Seems pretty accurate, too.

Is that Oregon Trail LP really gone?

This is a surprisingly good video.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
im never unironically watching game theory

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Anyone know any good playthrough(s) of Pillars of Eternity? Been on kinda a PoE kick lately. Thanks!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Video or screenshots?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Either. Video preferred, though.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Mr. Odd did a run:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj_Goi54wf0fmDPcLTm46T17183kJhq-6

I haven't watched it, but I usually like his stuff, so it may be worth a try.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
So what're the best D&D/tabletop games that have been played on here? I'd prefer complete, but ongoing is fine too.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Here's half of one run by Syrg. I have the audio for the both parts, which seems to have been removed from the Internet. I guess I could put up a torrent, if I can figure out how to do that and anyone's interested. (I doubt the videos survived. Rest in Piss, Blip.) There's also the ongoing sequel.

e: Oh, I forgot there was no video for a good chunk of it. If you like the first 20 sessions and there isn't a copy of the podcasts somewhere, let me know, and I'll try to upload them somewhere.

e2: Watch Session 6. Trust me.

Double Punctuation fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 22, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Podcasts are here.

The 13th Age is also pretty solid from what I've listened to, not sure whether it's still ongoing but either way it has a pretty large backlog if you're looking for a lot of content.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Hot drat, this'll be good to listen to while I'm working. Thanks folks.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Mr. Odd did a run:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj_Goi54wf0fmDPcLTm46T17183kJhq-6

I haven't watched it, but I usually like his stuff, so it may be worth a try.

It's not complete. He abandoned the game partway through.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Oh, I didn't notice the link at the bottom of that page. Cool.

Listen to Episode 23 for the appearance of Batman.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Are there any good RPG SSLPs that are finished/near finished but not on the archive yet? I'm also curious about good ones offsite, but I can never find anything that isnt dead.

To me, good mostly means the lper adds jokes/trivia and doesnt leave any story content out.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 23, 2016

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I'm gonna have a ton of monotonous work to do on my computer over the next few weeks, so I'm looking for a long (or just multiple) VLP(s). Preferably nothing that I have to pay too much attention to to follow, since I'll be multitasking.

Any suggestions for a sort of casual listening/watching LP along those lines? Comedy preferred, but anything's fine.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

LordHippoman posted:

I'm gonna have a ton of monotonous work to do on my computer over the next few weeks, so I'm looking for a long (or just multiple) VLP(s). Preferably nothing that I have to pay too much attention to to follow, since I'll be multitasking.

...but you already finished the wood grind. :v:

More seriously, IronChitlin's Grimrock LP should fit the bill; you don't really need to watch it to understand what's going on, and the banter's good.

PaulMorel
Oct 16, 2008
Since I'll probably never have a computer good enough to play Obduction, anyone knows a lp or no commentary playthrough that shows everything?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Mega64 posted:

The 13th Age is also pretty solid from what I've listened to, not sure whether it's still ongoing but either way it has a pretty large backlog if you're looking for a lot of content.

It is! But not for very long. The finale has been recorded and is waiting its turn to be uploaded. Two sessions remain. Feel free to click around the rest of the site for one-shots and miniseries in a variety of other systems, too: http://www.sixfeatsunder.com/

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Anyone know a good completed MGSV LP, or at least one that's pretty close?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Looking for a VLP of Persona 3! Female Protag preferred but not a dealbreaker, unobtrusive commentary or no commentary. Doesn't have to be SA.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ProfessorProf posted:

Looking for a VLP of Persona 3! Female Protag preferred but not a dealbreaker, unobtrusive commentary or no commentary. Doesn't have to be SA.

I've been using Nakateleeli's run of FES (the PS2 version, so none of the new stuff from the portable release) as background while I do other things; he edits out a lot of the cruft and so far hasn't been insufferable.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thank you for the Syphon Filter rec

I want to know if there is a hearts of Iron USA LP somewhere. Informative and video preferred but w/e

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Any good Gungeon players? Looking primarily to learn and get better, and kind of background noise, and a quick look at YouTube only brings YouTuber names which I'm not familiar with.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

LordHippoman posted:

Any suggestions for a sort of casual listening/watching LP along those lines? Comedy preferred, but anything's fine.

The Dark Seed 2 LP by Retsupurae is always good.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any very good/informed RimWorld playthroughs out there?

I like NorthernLion but I find games like this a bit too easy to get frustrated about when the player isn't perfectly efficient in every movement.

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013

Serperoth posted:

Any good Gungeon players? Looking primarily to learn and get better, and kind of background noise, and a quick look at YouTube only brings YouTuber names which I'm not familiar with.

I'll second this request-- I own the game, but I'm not very good at it and a good LPer would be a pleasure to watch, especially from the beginning.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

HeartNotes3 posted:

I'll second this request-- I own the game, but I'm not very good at it and a good LPer would be a pleasure to watch, especially from the beginning.

It's something I'm thinking about but the Supply Drop update is supposed to be happening pretty soon, possibly in the next month.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Lethemonster posted:

I looking for some more LPs similar to Doctor Kill's Let's Play Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask super wrong and the Majoras mask randomizer.

I think its specifically the aspect of being interesting/informative the whole way through. There's no down time where people are just trying to think of the next joke.

from the last page but this one is good https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721602

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lethemonster posted:

I looking for some more LPs similar to Doctor Kill's Let's Play Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask super wrong and the Majoras mask randomizer.

I think its specifically the aspect of being interesting/informative the whole way through. There's no down time where people are just trying to think of the next joke.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but if you want to see someone break a Zelda game in half using a hilarious bug constantly and crafting a narrative around it

http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Links-Awakening/

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Thanks guys.

Are there any others where people explain what they are doing as they break the game? I tried the Link's Awakening but just got a bit lost without knowing how or why he was doing things.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Lethemonster posted:

Thanks guys.

Are there any others where people explain what they are doing as they break the game? I tried the Link's Awakening but just got a bit lost without knowing how or why he was doing things.

Let's Break Final Fantasy VI is a pretty good screenshot LP that goes into good detail about how exactly it's snapping its chosen game in half.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Let's Break Final Fantasy VI is a pretty good screenshot LP that goes into good detail about how exactly it's snapping its chosen game in half.

That'd be my top choice too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I just read this entire thing in one sitting. That's amazing and everyone familiar with the game should check that out immediately.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't know poo poo about Shin Megami Tensei aside from it lead to Persona 4 and I love persona four. I ask for a informative LP to show me what its all about.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Herr Tog posted:

I don't know poo poo about Shin Megami Tensei aside from it lead to Persona 4 and I love persona four. I ask for a informative LP to show me what its all about.

This is kind of difficult: Shin Megami Tensei is, like Final Fantasy, a series of standalone JRPGs. They all have separate characters and settings - the main series is characterized by Tokyo going through an Apocalypse, and the Persona series is characterized by high schoolers dealing with their personal demons, but you can start almost anywhere. Alas, I can't take you to the first Megami Tensei games as they haven't been LPed, but the first Shin Megami Tensei one - well, here.

LP recs!

First game in the Shin Megami Tensei line, for SNES. There used to be another LP of it on the archives as well but apparently it's been removed? What the heck.

SMT if, aka the prototype for the Persona series - they used the SMT II engine to make a new game and satsu graciously played through and translated it for us.

Nocturne, aka SMT 3, aka the one for the PS2 that Atlus brought over and featured Dante from the Devil May Cry series. Honestly one of the finest jrpgs ever, in my opinion, and well worth playing yourself.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner 1+2! For something completely different: a spin-off rpg for the PS2 that features a different broken world, wherein the protagonists turn into demons and are demons. It's cool!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StrixNebulosa posted:

This is kind of difficult: Shin Megami Tensei is, like Final Fantasy, a series of standalone JRPGs. They all have separate characters and settings - the main series is characterized by Tokyo going through an Apocalypse, and the Persona series is characterized by high schoolers dealing with their personal demons, but you can start almost anywhere. Alas, I can't take you to the first Megami Tensei games as they haven't been LPed, but the first Shin Megami Tensei one - well, here.

LP recs!

First game in the Shin Megami Tensei line, for SNES. There used to be another LP of it on the archives as well but apparently it's been removed? What the heck.

SMT if, aka the prototype for the Persona series - they used the SMT II engine to make a new game and satsu graciously played through and translated it for us.

Nocturne, aka SMT 3, aka the one for the PS2 that Atlus brought over and featured Dante from the Devil May Cry series. Honestly one of the finest jrpgs ever, in my opinion, and well worth playing yourself.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner 1+2! For something completely different: a spin-off rpg for the PS2 that features a different broken world, wherein the protagonists turn into demons and are demons. It's cool!

The gently caress ever happened to Luisfe, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Herr Tog posted:

There's a newer, really good LP of SMT3 which I would recommend over Luisfe's, as it can get a little dry. The author goes into detail about demons and his skill choices and gives an actually decent voice to the protagonist, if you don't mind this.

ChaosArgate is also doing an LP of Devil Survivor right now. It's not technically a mainline game, but it explores the traditional themes of the series (demon apocalypse in Tokyo, technology used for summoning, angels and demons both assholes, multiple endings) really well. The LP's still in the early stage of the game, though.