Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Counterintuitive to the way the game needs to be played. How are you supposed to maintain momentum or bunny-hop with any accuracy if your right thumb is constantly having to leave the aim stick in order to twiddle between slide and jump?

I'm not sure if standard shooter controls apply to a game that's way more about traversal.

Preemptively aim where you need to go before hopping or wall running. I haven't felt uncomfortable using the regular controls at least.

I do find myself biffing the occasional wall run because of it now that I think about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

zolthorg posted:

do you want to try it today? i'll go buy a code and then give you the code and then also report to the titanfall ppl that it isn't working with a picture of a receipt and the product and code

pls keep discussion in thread to how cute and amazing titanfall is not your tweenager plans to 'scam free coads'

Haha I'm in my 30's you loving dweeb.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the idea of someone getting banned for taking a picture of a Doritos bag. or actually going to the store to take a picture of a doritos bag to win an internet argument :lol:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh boy, now people are mentioning their ages.

In an argument over Dorito codes.

Good thread.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

wait but are people actually getting banned for that or something

This convo is dumb anyways

I've sent out a ton of codes. If you haven't gotten any at all lmk. Also, I'm not giving them out for the sole purpose of you getting double xp, it's so people can get the execution/skin. The double xp only works for one game so it's pretty lame

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

No those guys are arguing amongst themselves about the morality of taking pictures of doritos bags or something.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

only 30 years olds get banned for it i think

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I picked this up from the target sale. Add me. PSN: ahchachachacha

housefly fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 11, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

housefly posted:

I picked this up from the target sale. Add me. PSN: ahchachachacha

One of us

Pretty sure we're already friends lemme check

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Here ya go don't get banned

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Not Cool Ranch, don't care.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I bought this for PS4, add me and let's play it some time

BostonZombie

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah it's drat near required in this game especially if you use the grappling hook. Did take some getting used to. Hitting abilities or boosts is sometimes a pain. Some people run melee as circle and crouch as R3 to just jump/crouch speed run everywhere

Really? I found bumper jumper harder to use with grappling hook because don't you need to aim the grappling hook to maximize momentum (since you have to take your thump off RS to hit X)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

About time dude! You need an Overwatch/COD break

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, Softball's a great primary and a decent anti titan weapon. Just don't get caught reloading, though it is interruptible.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

About time dude! You need an Overwatch/COD break

Yeah, my copy isn't arriving until Tuesday though so it'll be a few days.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know bitching about Legion is beating a dead horse but another thing that is incredibly bs about him is that half of the cover in the game doesn't seem to block his bullets at all. They just go right through.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

no more codes :tipshat:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just got this tonight and jumped right into the multi because my buddy wanted to play. I had nooooo idea wtf was going on at first but I'm getting the hang of it over time.

I don't really think I understand bounty mode. I'm trying to rack up money but I feel like I die a lot. I see people dropping off like 1000 at the bank while I'm still running around with 60.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
This is not a game I can watch the killcams for

because half the time the guy I was shooting was looking at me for a solid two or three seconds before I could see them, or I just jumped over a wall into their crosshair

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Do you get better perks for using more than one code?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Just got this tonight and jumped right into the multi because my buddy wanted to play. I had nooooo idea wtf was going on at first but I'm getting the hang of it over time.

I don't really think I understand bounty mode. I'm trying to rack up money but I feel like I die a lot. I see people dropping off like 1000 at the bank while I'm still running around with 60.

kill grunts and robots for raw amount added to the score, as you also rack up bonus money. Deposit bonus money during bank phase, kill enemy players to steal half of their bonus banked money.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Night Blade posted:

kill grunts and robots for raw amount added to the score, as you also rack up bonus money. Deposit bonus money during bank phase, kill enemy players to steal half of their bonus banked money.

I mean yeah I know how it works on a fundamental level, I just don't feel as effective as most of the team.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If anyone's nice enough to be giving out codes I'd love to jump on the bandwagon :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I know bitching about Legion is beating a dead horse but another thing that is incredibly bs about him is that half of the cover in the game doesn't seem to block his bullets at all. They just go right through.

Use Ion.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Is there an Australian group of goons to network this on PS4?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok so the softball is pretty fun

it's out of stock until the 18th I believe but looks like titanfall is $35 on amazon too

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 11, 2016

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Can someone bridge the intermediate to pro gap on sliding for me, I watch videos of people and they slide and just kind of gradually turn their slides and jumps at top speed. But whenever I slide it's in a straight line, and when I jump no matter where I'm looking my momentum keeps me on that straight axis so my next slide continues in the same direction, so I gradually slow down, or sometimes I'll turn a bit but immediately grind to a stop.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

This game is the most salty fun shooter-with-upgrades I've played since the original Black Ops.

Shame it doesn't have a similar server setup.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I really wish I was on PC so I could macro that slide and play this game like Tribes. :/

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Aquasnake posted:

Can someone bridge the intermediate to pro gap on sliding for me, I watch videos of people and they slide and just kind of gradually turn their slides and jumps at top speed. But whenever I slide it's in a straight line, and when I jump no matter where I'm looking my momentum keeps me on that straight axis so my next slide continues in the same direction, so I gradually slow down, or sometimes I'll turn a bit but immediately grind to a stop.

Ok I don't have this down pat yet but I occasionally don't gently caress up the inputs and steer my slides a little.

In order to steer, as I understand it you have to strafe in the direction you want to turn, you also have to move your mouse in that direction (however as you said, since your view is independent of your slide direction, how much you move it that way doesn't matter, any measurable movement of your view in the direction you want to steer will do).

The other lynchpin that wasn't as clear to me was that steering only happens while you are sliding, not during the bunny hop, or while you are in the air, so you don't need to be holding your strafe or turning the whole time, although that might be easier than training yourself to start and stop. You can also slide a little longer to get more turn. Wrong, it looks like your inputs during the slide start the turn, but you do still turn in air if you were turning in your slide. That would mean you can't change the direction of your steering until you land and Frothy's video seems to back that up.

It's up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S6LzcmWLOo I've heard on FrothyOmen's stream that he will be making another video about it with an input monitor overlay and I have a feeling that's going to clear up any confusion on how it works.

And even when you understand it, I still don't do it when I'm trying to most of the time. One should probably practice in a private lobby for a few minutes everyday until you get it down. The first part is making the straight line sliding automatic, jump crouch, jump crouch, jump crouch. Then you add the steering inputs which will inevitably make you gently caress up the slide-hopping.

Edits: corrections

Polish Avenger fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 11, 2016

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
All the guns go to G20 as well. I thought they stopped at 10 but they just keep going. Another week of grinding out the R-201 it is!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

el B posted:

Here ya go don't get banned

Ok I won't

(Thanks)

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Just got this game for PS4, man it's beautiful on the PRO.

Every game I'm having fun and it feels like I'm doing amazing but then somehow I'm last on the scoreboard? Guess that means the game is good.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's a bit misleading. Depending on the mode it takes into account how many grunts/spectres you kill, how many titans you blow up, etc

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The thing that gets me with the slide jumping is how the gifted players are constantly in slide mode in such a way that their gun stays angled perfectly without even a small hitch.

When I try it, it's clear that I just can't consistently hit crouch right after the jump.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Mindblast posted:

The thing that gets me with the slide jumping is how the gifted players are constantly in slide mode in such a way that their gun stays angled perfectly without even a small hitch.

When I try it, it's clear that I just can't consistently hit crouch right after the jump.

It's buffered, so you can hit crouch before you get near the ground.

Edit: I am an idiot and am sick and thus have poor reading comprehension

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man game seems pretty dead on PC already. 110 playing bounty hunt right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

queeb posted:

man game seems pretty dead on PC already. 110 playing bounty hunt right now.
9am/12pm on a workday isn't exactly primetime for NA.