Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Is it possible to get an Alola Vulpix with its hidden ability during the main game? It'd be nice to have Snow Warning for Aurora Veil.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
:siren:very important question:siren:: how long does it take to find mimikyu and dewpider?

also it's some goddamn bullshit that type:null is postgame only, there is a gaping hole in my heart shaped like a four-legged chicken chimera.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I'm personally highly offended by Dewpider/Araquanid being terrible, because I wanted to use one and name it Dewpinder.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So with the Global Link down for the count where is good to farm Heart Scales In Omega Ruby? I tried to look it up but I think I'm in the wrong location cause I don't see any Luvdisc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Inflammatory posted:

:siren:very important question:siren:: how long does it take to find mimikyu and dewpider?

also it's some goddamn bullshit that type:null is postgame only, there is a gaping hole in my heart shaped like a four-legged chicken chimera.

If I understand correctly, post-game involves a final trial and then handling the Pokemon League. And then some more traditionally post-game stuff like a side-story and the battle tree. So you can still get some in-game use.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If I understand correctly, post-game involves a final trial and then handling the Pokemon League. And then some more traditionally post-game stuff like a side-story and the battle tree. So you can still get some in-game use.

Wait, when does "post-game" start? Because it's usually after the league

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Does My boy Guzma get to be a part of the Pokemon League? Because that's all I care about.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Conversion & Normal Z-crystal yields +1 to everyone stat and then type conversion to first move. Adaptability Porygon-Z can really gently caress poo poo up

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Supremezero posted:

Wait, when does "post-game" start? Because it's usually after the league

SM is similar to BW in that the final boss is not the Champion.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Does My boy Guzma get to be a part of the Pokemon League? Because that's all I care about.

He is not part of the Elite 4.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr. Fetus posted:

:( Then what is even the point?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, but in BW you still fight the league. You just skip the champion at the time.

... actually, you don't, since technically I guess N is the champion at the time. So the Champion's still fought, they're just not the final boss.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

PSWII60 posted:

So with the Global Link down for the count where is good to farm Heart Scales In Omega Ruby? I tried to look it up but I think I'm in the wrong location cause I don't see any Luvdisc.

rt 128

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

All the legendaries and Ultra Beasts are shiny locked, but like with Gen 6, will have 3 perfect IVs. Type:Null also has 3 perfect IVs, but can be shiny. The Greninja from the demo can have a different Nature and IVs, but since its ID and Secret ID remain fixed, it is also shiny locked.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Who is it then? Is it Lusamine?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who is it then? Is it Lusamine?

The final boss? Yes. The Champion? There's none. Kukui is your first challenger, though.

As for the National Dex, you can't get it until Pokebank becomes compatible with Sun and Moon.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 11, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Thanks much.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Looks like Aerodactyl is in the Alola dex. How soon can you get it, and can you also get Aerodactylite?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Apparently Golisopod's ability acts as a Baton Pass when it switches out, rather than just being phased, so it's still pretty bad but there's probably at least fun gimmicks you can do with it. Not to mention with First Impression and that attack stat it will probably make for a hell of a revenge killer.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Apparently Golisopod's ability acts as a Baton Pass when it switches out, rather than just being phased, so it's still pretty bad but there's probably at least fun gimmicks you can do with it. Not to mention with First Impression and that attack stat it will probably make for a hell of a revenge killer.

It does not. It's simply the Eject Button in ability form.

Oh yes, Bottle Caps do not actually raise IVs! What they actually do is boost the stat(s) to the point where they effectively have 31 IVs in them. This means that there is no way to change the Hidden Power type if you care about that. So that's still gonna be a thing to breed for in edge cases. Though now it means that you can run any Hidden Power type with perfect spreads.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

God drat people lying to me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh yes, Bottle Caps do not actually raise IVs! What they actually do is boost the stat(s) to the point where they effectively have 31 IVs in them. This means that there is no way to change the Hidden Power type if you care about that. So that's still gonna be a thing to breed for in edge cases. Though now it means that you can run any Hidden Power type with perfect spreads.

I was just coming here to post this and I think it's cool.

Wait what are the options to get to level 100 has that been found out yet?

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 11, 2016

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

That is fantastic. But how do you get them? BP?

EDIT: Also poo poo I just actually read Wimpod's ability. How do you catch that fucker without Sleep? Throw and hope for the best?

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 11, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Does it at least carry over to online? Also only raises, so breeding for 0speed is still a thing?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Now that the game is leaked the only things I really give a poo poo about how early in the game you get them are:

-EXP share
-A bike (or mobile vehicle)
-Clothing and hair customization

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LemonLimeTime posted:

Now that the game is leaked the only things I really give a poo poo about how early in the game you get them are:

-EXP share
-A bike (or mobile vehicle)
-Clothing and hair customization

Somewhere in the first 4 hours during the tutorial. Play the demo to see what your bike is.

So I did find that post game Sun/Moon switch thing. It changed the day/night cycle but I'm still seeing Moon exclusive pokemon available and seemingly the same catch rates.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

EDIT: Also poo poo I just actually read Wimpod's ability. How do you catch that fucker without Sleep? Throw and hope for the best?

Trade shards for them. I dunno where you get those from though. You can also use Festival Coins to get them as well.

Yes.

Emalde posted:

Does it at least carry over to online? Also only raises, so breeding for 0speed is still a thing?

Sadly yes, Bottle Caps only max out the stat, not decrease it. So if you're trying to run Gyro Ball, you're gonna have to breed for that. But now all you need is like a 0 IV Speed Ditto and a Power Anklet to pass that on.

Oh yes, this does mean that breeding Hyper Trained Pokemon causes them to pass down their actual IVs. So no breeding for a super army.

Considering that Game Freak isn't actually messing with the internals of a Pokemon, I hope we get an equivalent version to use with Natures in a future game.

The method to get Hidden Abilities has been discovered. When a Pokemon calls for help, any reinforcements have an increasing chance to have their HA as more get summoned. Pokemon have a higher chance of calling for help when their HP is lower. Only 2 Pokemon can be in a battle at a time.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 11, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

idk catch rates for any of the new pokemon yet but its a weak bug so id assume its high. throwing even a normal pokeball at full health will probably have a good chance to catch.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I'm just trying to figure out if Emergency Exit is better or worse than Defeatist. Probably better, I guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

The method to get Hidden Abilities has been discovered. When a Pokemon calls for help, any reinforcements have an increasing chance to have their HA as more get summoned. Pokemon have a higher chance of calling for help when their HP is lower. Only 2 Pokemon can be in a battle at a time.

Can this happen with any Pokemon? Also is the limitation of the Pokemon having to be by itself before it can be caught still there?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Also, on the subject of Golisopod.

First Impression.

"Although it has great power, it only works the first turn the user is in battle. 100% accuracy [Bug] 90 BP, Physical."

I... don't understand this? What great power does it have that warrants it being only useable the first turn the user is in battle? I understand the intended synergy with it's ability, but it's 10 BP more than Leech Life, without Leech Life's benefits, and with a completely ridiculous limitation. Why?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Supremezero posted:

First Impression.

"Although it has great power, it only works the first turn the user is in battle. 100% accuracy [Bug] 90 BP, Physical."

I... don't understand this? What great power does it have that warrants it being only useable the first turn the user is in battle? I understand the intended synergy with it's ability, but it's 10 BP more than Leech Life, without Leech Life's benefits, and with a completely ridiculous limitation. Why?

Also 2+ priority.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Supremezero posted:

I'm just trying to figure out if Emergency Exit is better or worse than Defeatist. Probably better, I guess.

Well it doesn't cripple Golissopod, and it is still usable. It also lets you use First Impression again upon switching in. The downside is if Golissopod's HP drops below 50% before it gets to move, it'll be forced out immediately. Though Golissopod also learns Leech Life, which can get the ability active again. Meaning that you can combo both First Impression and Leech Life turn it into a hit and run tank. Or bait a switch out by causing your opponent to switch to something that resists Bug. Its ability isn't ideal, but it can be played around to your advantage, which is far better than Defeatist, and it does have access to a few priority moves.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can this happen with any Pokemon? Also is the limitation of the Pokemon having to be by itself before it can be caught still there?

No idea, although I think you can use an Adrenaline Orb to force those kinds of battles to happen.

Supremezero posted:

First Impression.

First Impression is the strongest Priority move in the game. (That isn't Gale Wings Brave Bird but that won't be happening anymore. :rip:) And it has +2 Priority.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr. Fetus posted:

First Impression is the strongest Priority move in the game. (That isn't Gale Wings Brave Bird but that won't be happening anymore. :rip:) And it has +2 Priority.

:crossarms: Naturally the description completely fails to mention having priority. Why the hell not.

Also, Gale Wings Acrobatics is still stronger! I think! Not counting any held item benefits!

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 11, 2016

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

"Extreme Speed but bug type" is still a pretty silly thing to put that restriction on, but yeah it's a good move. If you're willing to sacrifice an item slot for a Z-crystal you also have a 195 BP move with +2 priority once per match, which is about as good a way as any to scare away or mangle whatever's chewing through your team.

e: Thinking about it I don't think anything that's not named Arceus gets STAB from Extreme Speed so I guess in that way it's sorta better but that doesn't really count

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 11, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

LAY-ZX posted:

"Extreme Speed but bug type" is still a pretty silly thing to put that restriction on, but yeah it's a good move. If you're willing to sacrifice an item slot for a Z-crystal you also have a 195 BP move with +2 priority once per match, which is about as good a way as any to scare away or mangle whatever's chewing through your team.

e: Thinking about it I don't think anything that's not named Arceus gets STAB from Extreme Speed so I guess in that way it's sorta better but that doesn't really count

Arcanine post BURN OUT

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

LAY-ZX posted:

Assuming Burn Out or whatever it's called works like Roost, Arcanine gets it this gen.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Well poo poo, I guess I've been loving told.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Does Roost actually turn Flying into Normal? If Talonflame Roosts, is it weak to fighting and immune to ghost? Certainly it would become weak to ground because of its fire typing, but it also loses an extra Rock weakness.

I know Tornadus can't learn it, but if Tornadus used Roost... then what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lupus Rufus posted:

Does Roost actually turn Flying into Normal? If Talonflame Roosts, is it weak to fighting?

I know Tornadus can't learn it, but if Tornadus used Roost... then what?

No because Talonflame is Fire/Flying so it just becomes Fire.