Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

hahahaahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

I liked wtching mark blythe drop truth bombs and then the hillary shill immediately go into DNC apologism mode

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ive returned from gay baby jail

prison changes a man, im not the yinlock you once knew yesterday

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

yeah, and worse than Bush did in either of his elections

"Clinton less successful amongst black voters than Obama" isn't some massive surprise

Agreed

and yet 2 weeks ago we were all exchanging lols at the "DJT says 'my african american' to the 1 black dude at his rally" and at the "DJT polling at literally 0%" in detroit

maybe the truth is somewhere 👏in👏the👏middle

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hello friend!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Slamhound posted:

"Talking mad poo poo about NAFTA" isn't a specific policy. I'm not trying to run down your vernacular here; that's exactly what he did, it's just that it's not appreciably different than "it'll be fine, don't worry" which is what I'm asking.

I'm sure that's what they think, but again, it's not different than "it'll be fine, don't worry."

The broader point I'm making between swigging milk from my sippy cup, is that the criticisms of Hillary that are being made don't hold up to any reasonable scrutiny given Trump's platform. That's not to say she can't be criticized, it's to say that she needs to be properly criticized.

I agree and I don't think we're actually arguing

It's not appreciably different than don't worry, it'll be fine, it was definitely perceived differently by voters though

And the same exact thing said by different people can be perceived differently

and perception is reality

I'm too fvcked up atm to know where I was goin w this but i think my general thrust here itp was/is that all the wonderful nuanced policy wonkery in the world does nothing if you can't communicate it effectively enough to get elected I guess

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

welcome back yin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gorilla....mindset?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

gorilla....mindset?

he was.....right!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

same

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

a.lo posted:

he was.....right!

:negative:

i guess ill have to eat some gorilla cvm to unlock the hidden potentials in my mind and make me think good and know all the best words

CERNOVIIIITCH :argh:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lastgirl posted:

Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

http://www.9news.com/news/politics/elections/colorado-votes-for-physician-assisted-suicide/350168809

It doesn't have to be slow.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

hahaha amazing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

crazy cloud posted:

Agreed

and yet 2 weeks ago we were all exchanging lols at the "DJT says 'my african american' to the 1 black dude at his rally" and at the "DJT polling at literally 0%" in detroit

maybe the truth is somewhere 👏in👏the👏middle

that's all completely irrelevant to my point, which was that Trump's message was "things are poo poo and I can fix them, what do you have to lose?" and he was most open with it when he was (nominally) talking to black people

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nite crew endures, like a fungus

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lastgirl posted:

vmmmmm

coming from the nite crew qveen herself...............

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

did u know i accidently made squizzles throne room floor out of emu soap? Emus are one of our biggest industries!!

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Why can't POTUS votes be counted and tallied locally but simply treated like a referendum? 57M = winner, 55M = loser. I understand the historical basis but what is the reason this can't be done? Is it to do with thresholds for minor party nominee participation?

Any answers?

Please reply in the form of a Leonard Cohen pastiche. RIP Len :(

Josef K. Sourdust fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 11, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a helpful bear posted:

vmmmmm

coming from the nite crew qveen herself...............

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

sovrce
vr
qvotes

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The electoral college? It's the lovely system we have that's a hold over from 100s of years ago.

Or do you mean like by county/legislative district?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Plinkey posted:

Ok, I see where you're coming from, the difference in my mind is that the people of the rural rust belt will get less hosed under Clinton but she didn't make that point, at all. There are safety nets in place at the federal level through the ACA and other programs like that, which she didn't harp on, you even had Bill calling the ACA a mess. Are they still hosed unless there's a change in how the economy works around the great lakes, probably, but to a lesser extent when they are unemployed and no one will sign them up for health care because they have whatever existing conditions. Could manufacturing come back to the areas? Probably but I doubt it in any measurable extent but at least you have someone in the white house that's going to offer up/improve programs for these people specifically, and having the richer america pay for it because they are the beneficiaries of the last 8 years, they've been hosed over for like 10+ years not seeing incomes go up and hearing about how great the economy is. I don't blame any of them for voting trump because he straight up said external factors are the reason they are hurting which is a comforting thing to hear, but I think it's short sighted.
Stipulating all of this, how or what exactly could Clinton have done or promised that would be different than what Trump promised? If the ACA needs massive reform, how do you express that in any way that's significantly different than "We're gonna replace it with something great…so great….it's gonna be the greatest thing…you're gonna love it..."

What specific jobs or industry would have returned besides "all of them?"

Basically, I'm going the long way around to asking what I asked earlier:

Slamhound posted:

Serious question: Is there any election post-mortem wherein the people who voted for Trump are in any way, at least marginally responsible for Trump winning?

At a certain point, if you turn over your life savings to the Nigerian Prince-in-Exile, it's on you, not the annoying lady who thinks you should put some money in your savings account.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
what if... what if we harnased the power of nite crew to adhere to the djt administratoin and take it down with us? would nite crew be heroes just for one day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Slamhound posted:

Stipulating all of this, how or what exactly could Clinton have done or promised that would be different than what Trump promised? If the ACA needs massive reform, how do you express that in any way that's significantly different than "We're gonna replace it with something great…so great….it's gonna be the greatest thing…you're gonna love it..."

What specific jobs or industry would have returned besides "all of them?"

Basically, I'm going the long way around to asking what I asked earlier:

At a certain point, if you turn over your life savings to the Nigerian Prince-in-Exile, it's on you, not the annoying lady who thinks you should put some money in your savings account.
she should have said "your coal and now defunct factory jobs are now solar jobs. they pay better and there's more of them."

does not matter how true it is.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a helpful bear posted:

what if... what if we harnased the power of nite crew to adhere to the djt administratoin and take it down with us? would nite crew be heroes just for one day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

pppppppffffffhhhhhh like id destroy nite crew over that orange fucker

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

did u know i accidently made squizzles throne room floor out of emu soap? Emus are one of our biggest industries!!

wait is squizzle dwarf king

thats amazing

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Plinkey posted:

The electoral college? It's the lovely system we have that's a hold over from 100s of years ago.

Or do you mean like by county/legislative district?

Yes. What is the advantage of keeping the EC compared to a simple majority national referendum for POTUS?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it doesn't work that way and never has

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

pppppppffffffhhhhhh like id destroy nite crew over that orange fucker

like the phoenix we will rise again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

sovrce
vr
qvotes

\

Donald J. Trump is our 45th President of the United States

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

So the EC is like a Buddhist koan - an unanswerable riddle?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FAUXTON posted:

it doesn't work that way and never has

we were listening to some of his songs earlier

Donald J. Trump is the 45th President of the United States

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
fuk lastgirl i thought you were making an ironic post. i didnt imagine some dipshit actually said that serious

im

the

corncob

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/randomhousekids/status/796090703436804101

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Yes. What is the advantage of keeping the EC compared to a simple majority national referendum for POTUS?

None really, except that you get hyper advertising and spending on election in like 15 out of the 50 states, so the rest of the country feels super disenfranchised, why even go to Iowa/ND/SD/MT when it's got less votes the the NYC metro? "Real America" loses out.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am looking forward to 2017. sure a trump presidency but then again a new hybrid console from Nintendo. It;s 2002 all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6HUCbSb-9c

• Locked thread