Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

This is our future president.

I really think it would be better to just delete every single bookmarked source of political information for the next couple years and just be surprised by the occasional front page, "US Invades Inconsequential Country As Reality-Show-esque Ratings Boost" headline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hey folks I'm very sad that Donald Trump is President.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
FFS wait until he does something rioters
rioting just because your candidate lost the election is so dumb.

Also nite crew may be shitposting kings an qveens but daycrew is so helpful and nice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

kibaces posted:

Also nite crew may be shitposting kings an qveens but daycrew is so helpful and nice

chcks an balances

respect the checks and balances

speaking of which, the US government can do that right? :grin:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also that riot seems to be people walking in an orderly fashion

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

kibaces posted:

no i think we should stop him before he does anything, personally

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:rock: ANARCHY!

Yinlock posted:

:rock: POLITE ANARCHY!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Plinkey posted:

If you're telling the truth you can't, it's a hosed up system that needs reform but democrats are afraid to do that and upset the status quo. Or you come out like Bernie and pledge a single payer system/medicare for all under a certain income level/tax increase if you're over it or whatever system you can come up with.

Industry would be things like solar plants but they got a really bad wrap over the last 8 years so it was economically unfeasible, promising to build more nuclear power plants to get america off oil hurts your base because they are retarded.

If obama ran on ACA with the foresight that it would raise premiums for most people because of the details he'd never have gotten elected. What I'm saying is you lay out grand plans, then figure out how much you can do, which is exactly what Trump did, but there's a lot of bad poo poo that comes along with Trump from his stump speeches.

e: Obama was good at the 'hard pill to swallow' talk, but the country was in a literal crisis so it's different.

Ooof.

So you can't tell the truth, you need the healthcare that Hillary proposed in the 90s and was blocked by republicans, you need the solar that mysteriously got a "bad wrap" (SOLYNDRA!!!!) in the last 8 years (also nuclear that your retarded base won't accept), and Obama wouldn't have gotten elected if he could see the future and decided to run on the platform that would be gutted, but Trump has a grand plan if you just murder some Muslims or Mexicans or something.

Do republican voters have any agency whatsoever? Are they ever responsible for their decisions? Can they ever be expected to think for themselves or look down the road? Is the problem here that Democrats didn't properly change republican diapers?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think riots are actually a pretty good idea, at this moment in history.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

chcks an balances

respect the checks and balances

speaking of which, the US government can do that right? :grin:

yeah sure
check me out while I balance this budget
Oops just privatized everything

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Thanks for answers and links re EC.

We should overcome the divisions that separate us into crews and unite in a common goal of defeating our common enemy: DnD.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Portland cops gettin itchy trigger fingers

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yinlock posted:

But that dumpster is on fire! :ohdear:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The whitest riot.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

It's interesting to think about. There's some v deep structural issues that are reflecting poor governance. The world will only become more urbanized and populated with less resources, Congress best get it together

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Kilmers Elbow posted:

The whitest riot.

Pearl District is expensive as gently caress and super white

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Idiot Kicker posted:

Pearl District is expensive as gently caress and super white

Portland is super white

Oregon is super white

Source: white guy in Oregon

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
I follow a forum which politics thread is filled with hillbots

they are now shilling howard dean for the DNC :suicide:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress, the only way the media incited this is if the rioters were just as pissed at the media for getting everything wrong

I've got a professor in a journalism class, a very motivated energetic guy, and yesterday the dude was a mess in his chair, just drooped over eatin a sandwich. This election has been a KO to drat near everyone in the industry, from the way he's been talking about it.

EDIT: the goddamn toxx ban went through as I was typing this post.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Ooof.

So you can't tell the truth, you need the healthcare that Hillary proposed in the 90s and was blocked by republicans, you need the solar that mysteriously got a "bad wrap" (SOLYNDRA!!!!) in the last 8 years (also nuclear that your retarded base won't accept), and Obama wouldn't have gotten elected if he could see the future and decided to run on the platform that would be gutted, but Trump has a grand plan if you just murder some Muslims or Mexicans or something.

Do republican voters have any agency whatsoever? Are they ever responsible for their decisions? Can they ever be expected to think for themselves or look down the road? Is the problem here that Democrats didn't properly change republican diapers?

No, you can't, not anymore. We're in post truth politics.

Oh yeah, of course they do but it's an agency to try and go back to a time that doesn't exist anymore and I don't see how it can be re-made, I'd love if we could go back to something that resembled good jobs for people that only had a high school degrees and could make a living wage for them and their families, but in the current economy I don't see a path to that. So what are the options, either we help those that aren't as fortunate to survive and raise taxes on everyone else to do it or just be like, meh whatever? Trump had the best message on this no matter how undoable it is and that's the point I'm trying to make.

I'm sure that the vote was/is in their best interest as they see it, otherwise why would they vote for him, I'd love to see the numbers of Trump voters that are currently on ACA plans or Medicare.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

kibaces posted:

I follow a forum which politics thread is filled with hillbots

they are now shilling howard dean for the DNC :suicide:

https://twitter.com/govhowarddean/status/706219827535462401

howard dean does not give a poo poo about democracy anymore

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

gently caress

the guy who won 47% of the vote can't even acknowledge that these might actually be Real People with Actual Opinions. the conspiracy just gets bigger.

poo poo is gonna get dark real fast.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Plinkey posted:

I'm sure that the vote was/is in their best interest as they see it, otherwise why would they vote for him, I'd love to see the numbers of Trump voters that are currently on ACA plans or Medicare.

When an orange man in a badly fitting suit offers you "something wonderful. Believe me" that isn't an opportunity you turn down!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

When an orange man in a badly fitting suit offers you "something wonderful. Believe me" that isn't an opportunity you turn down!

Yeah, basically.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol, CNN just said Bannon is being considered for Chief of Staff.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Plinkey posted:

lol, CNN just said Bannon is being considered for Chief of Staff.
And Rudolph Giuliani has read the current Single Integrated Operational Plan.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Getting rid of the EC would just make the situation we're in now worse, even if it would have given us president abuela.
If rural Americans feel forgotten now, imagine if they didn't have anyone showing up at least every 4 years to pander to them and later handwave away their concerns.
This election shows the EC is still necessary.

And can we lol some more at the Clinton camp ignoring Bills plea to win over working whites? It got so bad that Bill went out and stumped for Hillary himself, and while they probably still liked Bill, his stumping for Hillary probably fell on deaf ears since he was the one who signed nafta. The hubris of Hillary Rodham Clinton will go down in history.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AceRimmer posted:

And Rudolph Giuliani has read the current Single Integrated Operational Plan.

I liked your last post better. But it's going to be more apt in a few years.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/796993636495986688

Howard tried to save us.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Linda: I will destroy isis

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah changing the rules to get more votes is just as lovely as changing the rules so the other guys get less votes. Hillary would have won the election if people gave a poo poo about her. This is it. Donald Trump is the country you live in. It might not be the county or city you live in, but America elected Donald Trump.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Plinkey posted:

Trump had the best message on this no matter how undoable it is and that's the point I'm trying to make.

My point is that…

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Plinkey posted:

Yeah, basically.

Is not substantially different than...

Plinkey posted:

Yeah, it's almost like hillary should have gotten behind the disenfranchised lower to middle class in the rust belt with something other than 'it'll be fine, don't worry, here's lady gaga'

You're damning Hillary for being Cowboy X instead of Trump's Cowboy O.

And this is the criticism that's being pushed instead of anything that will actually address the problems of Sniddler's Gulch.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/796938635115249664

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

:japan:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ScrubLeague posted:

Yeah changing the rules to get more votes is just as lovely as changing the rules so the other guys get less votes. Hillary would have won the election if people gave a poo poo about her. This is it. Donald Trump is the country you live in. It might not be the county or city you live in, but America elected Donald Trump.

It's less about "we get more votes" (since that might change in 5 or 10 or 20 years), more "one vote should be one vote". Currently you have votes that are basically worthless (save states) and votes that are worth several hundred times the average (swing states).

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/KATUNews/status/796965995260813312

Oh black bloc, after all these years you're still made up of rich kids smashing poo poo because daddy never hugged you.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ANNOY THE POWER!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/corneliusrex/status/796977717862277121

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

technology is p cool

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/796979393855819776

are there any good live periscope streams? it's really tough using that platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

My point is that…

Is not substantially different than...

You're damning Hillary for being Cowboy X instead of Trump's Cowboy O.

And this is the criticism that's being pushed instead of anything that will actually address the problems of Sniddler's Gulch.

Because even though some of us predict doom and gloom over and over, Cowboy X doesn't have that much power other than to put us back a few years and probably gently caress up healthcare/roll back Obama's EOs, it's not the end of the world. Yes, I'm damning Hillary, it was her election to lose, from the 2008 and 2012 turn outs it was hers to lose, and she did. But Cowboy O is a whole new person maybe he saw the light that he was doing damage, we don't know what he's going to do. They both should have had the same policies for the rust belt, but one knows how DC works and how to get poo poo done, the other is flying by the seat of their pants. I'd love to have faith in in Trump to do the right thing, maybe he will, hopefully Trump becomes Cowboy O and does something good.

What would have been better? An actual progressive.

e: Switch O/X

• Locked thread