Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

is this game going to be really sweet and good and worth the wait or will i have to worry

Read this ridiculously overblown 2-hour preview and GET HYPED SON YEAH GAME OF THE YAY 2016 NO DOUBT

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-15-hands-on-preview-155/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Terper posted:

Read this ridiculously overblown 2-hour preview and GET HYPED SON YEAH GAME OF THE YAY 2016 NO DOUBT

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-15-hands-on-preview-155/

I'm trying to ride the line of cautious optimism but all the recent poo poo I've seen makes it look baller AF.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get excited for a video game if it has things you like in it

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Captain Baal posted:

Get excited for a video game if it has things you like in it

Ok I did it.

Whew that's a relief. It's good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good, I'm glad we've gotten over this hump

Now to wait three more weeks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only thing Im worried about the game right now is the transitions between chapter milestones. Like everyones previewed chapter 0-5 and they loved it, but apparently chapter 6-10 starts tighten the scope and by the end of the game it becomes mostly linear with some odd gameplay segments.

I understand that one of the major weakness of open ended game is that they start getting repetitive after some point, and this would be doubly true with a FF, so dialing it down a bit would make sense. I just dont think Tabata has it in him to actually do it in a coherent matter.

Who knows, maybe a month from now we'll be singing him praises about how he's the new Yoshi-P

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The only thing Im worried about the game right now is the transitions between chapter milestones. Like everyones previewed chapter 0-5 and they loved it, but apparently chapter 6-10 starts tighten the scope and by the end of the game it becomes mostly linear with some odd gameplay segments.

I understand that one of the major weakness of open ended game is that they start getting repetitive after some point, and this would be doubly true with a FF, so dialing it down a bit would make sense. I just dont think Tabata has it in him to actually do it in a coherent matter.

Who knows, maybe a month from now we'll be singing him praises about how he's the new Yoshi-P

Witcher 3 kind of did the same thing though, all the major setpieces were pretty linear and it worked out well there. My hope is they ape that more than anything else.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All Final Fantasy games are linear

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Levantine posted:

Ok I did it.

Whew that's a relief. It's good.

I'm sorry, but this is Something Awful, where it's illegal to not have at least one level of irony between you and the things you enjoy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terper posted:

They talked about the Pro in a Japanese ATR

They're aiming for 1080p 60 fps. :stare:

e: But it will most likely fall around 40-50.

As long as regular PS4 has solid fps I'm fine even it's only 30. Not a big enough difference for me to upgrade yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If no one saw it yet, they confirmed Gladio's sister is a combat guest character, and she attacks with a stuffed moogle.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So...how does that work? Does she cast spells with the moogle, using it as a kind of wand? Is she actually as freakishly strong as her brother, and the moogle is in fact cast iron and weighs 400 pounds and she uses it as a bludgeon? Are moogles in this universe like boomerangs, in that you throw them and they come back to you?

The logistics of using a moogle as a weapon are quite varied and intriguing.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The game in 60fps would be really sweet. But fortunately it has really lenient inputs so it's not something I'll be in an absolute hurry to try.

Also I hope you can unlock a Moogle plush of a weaponized variety for Noctis too other than the decoy item.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Gologle posted:

So...how does that work? Does she cast spells with the moogle, using it as a kind of wand? Is she actually as freakishly strong as her brother, and the moogle is in fact cast iron and weighs 400 pounds and she uses it as a bludgeon? Are moogles in this universe like boomerangs, in that you throw them and they come back to you?

The logistics of using a moogle as a weapon are quite varied and intriguing.

I want all of the above to be true. Lobbing a cast-iron Moogle and having it detonate with a stored Fire spell.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I hope moogles only appear as weapons/decoys, moogle characters are always terrible.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Traxis posted:

I hope moogles only appear as weapons/decoys, moogle characters are always terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15qmRzn2Pc

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
The FF9 moogles were great. Sure, it helps that they weren't voiced, but besides that they actually had character and were typically quite charming.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Surely there'll be an English language equivalent but if you want there's a 12.5 gig demo of the first 90-120 minutes Japanese version right here https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%e3%82%b2%e3%83%bc%e3%83%a0/final-fantasy-xv-judgment-disc/cid=JP0082-CUSA07048_00-FINALFANTASYXVTR (open in a private browser window so it won't confuse with your cookies and throw an error, if you have a JP account and want to register and download that way)

(Saves will not transfer)

e: first menu asks TV speakers or home theatre for audio, second just tells you to watch for save icons. On trying to start a new game it asks if you want to do the tutorial, default is yes, second answer is no. No changing of language in subtitles or nothing. Looks and plays SO much better than Platinum and Duscae. First choice in tutorial menus = continue tutorial. You'll know when the last stage is.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 11, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The demo on normal PS4

The demo on PS4 Pro

Look at the ground.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Did they say if there will be a English version of the demo?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nope.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Fortunately it's not locked behind ps+ or anything so just using a Japanese account lets you download it. I'm about to try it and hope there are no menus to get stuck on.

EDIT: Whatever black magic they used to optimize the game since the last demo I'm glad they did it. It seems real stable so far.

Nina fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 11, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RatHat posted:

As long as regular PS4 has solid fps I'm fine even it's only 30. Not a big enough difference for me to upgrade yet.

The performance on the Judgement demo was really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Terper posted:

The demo on normal PS4

The demo on PS4 Pro

Look at the ground.

That is a significant difference across the board. So glad I am upgrading.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Oh god I love Prompto's animations so much. He just flails around and falls over like a big goof all the time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone explain to a layman how to download this Japan demo? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RCarr posted:

Can someone explain to a layman how to download this Japan demo? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I can't help you with the registration part, which I am assuming you need an explanation of. :( But once you're in the store, just use the search option and type in Judgement Disc.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RCarr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtCLfgjSvU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

This is a great first view into Chapter 1 tho

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Terper posted:

The demo on normal PS4

The demo on PS4 Pro

Look at the ground.

I also scrolled up to look up the buildings from the ground too when I opened up the pictures in full and the lighting looked better on the PRO ones. Kinda subtle but noticeable to me, some god ray-ish effect buy the trees above them.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Is it just me or is the combat system waaay better when you're fighting a single stronger enemy than crowds.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I played the demo at TGS and holy poo poo, they've done so much with the extended deadline. Good work!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Is it just me or does Noctis in the opening and the new trailer have an entirely different facial structure compared to his usual appearance? It keeps bugging me and making me come up with zany ideas

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

How big is the language barrier for playing the demo on a JPN account?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Though you'll have no idea what your dialogue options are actually progressing is fairly easy. The tutorials show you which menu options are for equipment and magic, other than that you can just follow map markers.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I played the demo. It was goooodd.

I still haven't grasped the battle system, mostly because dodging feels a lot different from action games like Bayonetta and MGR.

But everything else? Fantastic. Graphics, music, evvvvrthing

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Honestly the gameplay reminds me a bit of something CC2 would make. Really pretty and nice fight choreography with really simple but serviceable combat mechanics.

And that's totally cool. Not every action game needs to be DMC3 and sometimes I love playing games I can take it a bit easier with.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://fat.gfycat.com/AridTallChevrotain.webm

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

A lot of the time the non-targeted warp is a much superior dodge to the actual dodge. It has pretty generous invincibility and comes out fast with the smaller weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A dude compiled several of his fights here. He's pretty good, worth a watch if you're into that.

• Locked thread