Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Didn't toxx but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Posted my first donation but I never posted my toxx penance ($25) here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797259&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post466275558

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Should have done this beforehand, and that's shameful, but now's as good a time as any.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Donated $15

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Here's :10bux:

Manifisto
Sep 18, 2013

Pillbug
no toxx for me, but I dropped another :10bux: today

also because of this thread I knew to direct someone in need to RAINN, thanks thread

ththread

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Here is my misguided toxx

And here is proof of my donation

I figured was such a good cause that will be needed that the $10 was not enough.

EDIT: Just read the lowtax overrule. Don't regret donating a cent.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Donated $50 to RAINN. Planning on donating a large portion of my new tax savings to progressive causes, planned parenthood, and RAINN.

I have no screenshot because I'm traveling and did it from my phone and can't figure out how to black out my personal info.

MattyRamone
May 4, 2009

Over 46 Million Followers
I donated $50, no toxx.

I plan to continue making ongoing donations to the groups and causes that I feel will need help in the days to come.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
I could have sworn I toxxed but I can't find it, might just be an idiot. I donated $10 anyway!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Phayray, we're still getting banned.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

better use of money than a rereg, regardless

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

In for another 10 bucks in the hopes of getting the gang tag back. The first pic was shrunk a bit too much. I also marked a newspaper article I'd had open since before the election, one I haven't closed for over a week.

I also used what little I gained from predictit to rebuy my account and make another donation. It cost 90 dollars to make 20 dollars but I'm sure President Trump will make the loss worth it. :smithicide:

Edit: Struck portion was redundant. I just donated and rebought, not donated rebought and donated.

RandomPauI has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Nov 11, 2016

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I made a repentance donation and still got banned. :argh:

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I can't find the other thread now, so I'll ask here. Why was I still banned? Can I get my avatar and stuff restored?

Mountaineer posted:

:10bux: to save my account, another :10bux: because I feel bad I didn't donate sooner.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Mountaineer posted:

I can't find the other thread now, so I'll ask here. Why was I still banned? Can I get my avatar and stuff restored?

Low tax reversed the decision and upheld he original Toxxes

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Edmund Lava posted:

Low tax reversed the decision and upheld he original Toxxes

Mods knew

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Mountaineer posted:

Cast your eyes here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797342

Lowtax came in from the cold and asked the following question:

Lowtax posted:

Okay can somebody explain to me why ignoring a toxx clause is okay now and has no consequences as it had in the past? Maybe I don't grasp the entire argument here, but toxxing is almost as old as SA itself, and it seems like a liberal bias to not honor it in this case.

Basically, it turns out that someone exceeded their authority by putting into place a way you could buy your way out of a forum ban through a toxx without running it by the God Emperor.

Avert your gaze as His Word is law:

Lowtax posted:

Okay, gonna have to side with tradition and rules on this one, and unfortunately going to have to go over a moderator's head, which I absolutely do not ever like doing.

Toxx clause is a toxx clause and the people going into it knew exactly what they were doing and what would happen if they lost. Arbitrarily changing the punishment at the last minute further cement D&D as a leftist echo chamber and not actually a place where people of both sides can debate and discuss. I didn't vote for Trump and do not like Trump, but this whole thing really comes off as an arbitrary change to the rules for no reason but a political agenda. I will be enforcing the forum rules later.

You Toxxed you lost you get banned and you don't get your stuff back despite what you were told.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

"drat it, I gave money to help rape victims for nothing!"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I am so mad about this that next payday I am gonna donate another $25. That will show lowtax!

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

"drat it, I gave money to help rape victims for nothing!"

That part of it is as insidious as all gently caress, Lowtax is in a lose/lose situation.

He comes in and enforces the toxx clauses, despite the person who exceeded their authority changing a fundamental rule that hes been here for years allowing you to buy out your toxx, and he is anti rape victim. He ignores it and he is anti long standing toxx clause.

Not assigning motives, but when the wind blew the wrong way it is almost as though someone set Lowtax up to fail no matter what he did...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

CascadeBeta posted:

Barring any sort of recount shenanigans, Trump has 306 EVs, so that's a 66 dollar donation to fulfill my toxx. I believe some people wanted to match as well.

As promised here's my match for CascadeBeta's donation:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Dick Trauma posted:

As promised here's my match for CascadeBeta's donation:

:hfive:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Meant to do this like weeks ago but I am a lazy procrastinator

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
*in a terrible person voice* i for 1 am extremely mad that i was tricked into helping victims of abuse for no tangible benefit on my part.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Donated another $25, because it's a good cause, not because I'm an idiot desperately trying to get out of a toxx

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
$50

A Winner is Jew posted:

hello everyone that was right and i was 100% wrong in ignoring / arguing with / belittling / being an rear end in a top hat to / and being an all around rear end clown that deserves to be gently caress barreled for the rest of my life for my actions

spent the last few days processing everything and saw that i missed the "donate to rainn and dont' get toxxed" thread but i donated $50 anyway

:banme: since i toxxed for a looser and will take my ban like the looser that backed a looser

i've already joined sanders in calling for the election of ellison

i've sent in info to ourrevolution about getting involved in stopping trump in any way i can (if that's not a legit site then by all means direct me the gently caress to the right one)

already contacted my local reps in saying they will lose my vote if they don't vote for ellison

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name after the dust settles and i can fully process just how loving wrong my world view has been for the second time in my life (the first going from a piece of poo poo republican raised in orange county to a piece of poo poo third way democrat) but for now i'll be keeping up on this thread since it's been like shock treatment for being so loving wrong and holy poo poo i need that

by all means enjoy the schadenfreude that me coming back here and posting since i loving deserve every bit of it and have at me

no really, any vitriol posted in a reply to this post shouldn't be met with a 6er from the mods or iks since i deserve every bit of it for being such an all around piece of poo poo for the last several months to pretty much every single one of you in this thread

yours in full communism now - a piece of poo poo jew

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

So that thing it says on SAclopedia where it says you can rereg after an election permatoxx is still accurate, right.

Asking for a friend.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are we past 26k yet?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Fallen Hamprince posted:

So that thing it says on SAclopedia where it says you can rereg after an election permatoxx is still accurate, right.

Asking for a friend.

Yes.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

RandomPauI posted:

Are we past 26k yet?
I don't think the donation total's been updated in a while, but honestly, probably.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was tricked TRICKED into donating to the kinds of people who will need hlep the mmost from a shitbro presidency

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

And as promised here is the other match!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mystic pimp posted:

I don't think the donation total's been updated in a while, but honestly, probably.

The list got so fuckin long since I last updated it

I'll do it tomorrow, I'd guess we're close to 30k

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
my new total should be $35

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Lemming posted:

The list got so fuckin long since I last updated it

This is a good problem to have! :kiddo:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am so mad about this that next payday I am gonna donate another $25. That will show lowtax!

I'll match this. Payday's Black Friday.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Thank you for running a donation thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Gonna update the table in the OP, but we're at $36,598.74 and 643 unique donors. Thank you.

• Locked thread