Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chirpa/palp team works pretty well. That is about 1.5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

two_step posted:

Chirpa/palp team works pretty well. That is about 1.5%

Which is still pretty drat depressing. Itīs been nearly a week since we started the raid and we are only half way through.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'd agree to 25% and 33% for the drop rates just based on what I've tracked. I'm at a 32.5% shard rate for cantina at 750+ attempts. I was almost as low as 20% for the first 300 so it's safe to say there's a lot of randomness or other unknown factors.

What's the general strategy for using Rey's abilities? Prioritize 2nd ability if you have no buff and 3rd if you do? Use 3rd over 1st even if you have no buff? I'm assuming mods you want offense and then either crit or health for the sets. Focus on offense/speed for the stats on the mods themselves? Am I missing anything?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Using her 3rd ability with no buff is kind of pointless, it'll do like 1/4 of the damage.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Sorry I don't follow.

quote:

Flurry of Blows - Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice, with a 55% chance to deal damage a third time. If Rey has any positive status effects, she will deal damage one additional time. Hits after the first deal reduced damage.

At most that is 1/4 less damage (but not really because each subsequent hit is less), is that what you meant? I feel like I'm probably missing something here.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah I said that wrong. The last hit doesn't happen without a buff and you want that, it still does a decent amount of damage without it though.

Also it doesn't have to be an offensive buff, the dodge she gets from her normal attack counts as well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

I'd agree to 25% and 33% for the drop rates just based on what I've tracked. I'm at a 32.5% shard rate for cantina at 750+ attempts. I was almost as low as 20% for the first 300 so it's safe to say there's a lot of randomness or other unknown factors.

What's the general strategy for using Rey's abilities? Prioritize 2nd ability if you have no buff and 3rd if you do? Use 3rd over 1st even if you have no buff? I'm assuming mods you want offense and then either crit or health for the sets. Focus on offense/speed for the stats on the mods themselves? Am I missing anything?

Different things have different drop rates. Cantina is about 1/3, white/green/blue are roughly 1/3, but purple drops are around 1/5.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Because I'm usually trying to avoid triggering the RG taunt right out of the gate... it depends on the health left after Geo Soldier does his opening special. If they get low enough that I feel like I can kill the other character, I go for 3, if they still have a lot of protection, I go for 2, and save 3 for the first hit after that. If 3 probably won't kill them, and 2 will trigger taunt; then I'll hit'em with the basic and hope she gets a focus.

Malgrin posted:

Different things have different drop rates. Cantina is about 1/3, white/green/blue are roughly 1/3, but purple drops are around 1/5.

Depends on the purple, also.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 8, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Depends on the purple, also.

True, I do think the 20s have a higher droprate than the 50s, but I've never seen any statistics on it.

Boozie posted:

Chilichimp posted:

Because I'm usually trying to avoid triggering the RG taunt right out of the gate... it depends on the health left after Geo Soldier does his opening special. If they get low enough that I feel like I can kill the other character, I go for 3, if they still have a lot of protection, I go for 2, and save 3 for the first hit after that. If 3 probably won't kill them, and 2 will trigger taunt; then I'll hit'em with the basic and hope she gets a focus.

Wait, people still use Rey? While she still has one of the highest damage as an individual hero, she doesn't have synergies with anyone else, which is what makes her so much weaker than Rebel, Droid, or Empire teams right now.

All that said, it's slightly complicated, and really depends on who you're running, who they're running, and all that fun stuff. If you can get an early STH taunt (right before or after Rey), and Rey has a buff other than offense up, use her Leverage to get Offense up, frequently I would use that on RG or another beefy person so that I didn't trigger RG's taunt. This gets Rey's offense up going, which will lead to a great flurry of blows. Even better if you have Phasma, that way you can get a guaranteed crit on offense up.

For mods, I'd run your second fastest secondaries (fastest on STH or whatever tank you're running unless it's RG). Then, I'd work on farming crit damage and crit chance mods with high speed secondaries. Health set isn't bad, especially since she can recover a lot of health with life steal, but you really just want to load up as much damage as possible. For rare primaries, you want speed arrow and crit damage or crit chance triangle (dmg is better, but might take awhile to farm). I'd take protection and protection for the bottom two -- but offense bottom right isn't terrible on Rey. Another really good secondary to look for is flat offense.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 8, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Wait, people still use Rey? While she still has one of the highest damage as an individual hero, she doesn't have synergies with anyone else, which is what makes her so much weaker than Rebel, Droid, or Empire teams right now.

I'm still running Phasma (L), QGJ, Geno Sold, Rey, Barrisa/Luma/Dakka as my primary team.

I should work on a better team. Well, Wiggs soon. Everything but them are ready.

What kind of modding should I be shoving on Ackbar. Speed and Protection?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 8, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Droid smuggling is live. Looks like they skipped right over credit heist :smith:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

iGestalt posted:

I'm still running Phasma (L), QGJ, Geno Sold, Rey, Barrisa/Luma/Dakka as my primary team.

I should work on a better team. Well, Wiggs soon. Everything but them are ready.

I end at low 20s / high teens with Palp, RG, qgj, Rey, b2. Just avoid Biggs teams and target the double taunter teams and usually 5 guys survive.

I did just get bigs to X so my lineup will change...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hughlander posted:

I end at low 20s / high teens with Palp, RG, qgj, Rey, b2. Just avoid Biggs teams and target the double taunter teams and usually 5 guys survive.

I did just get bigs to X so my lineup will change...

I really need Palp. Missed him the first time :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Indeed. Feels like yesterday I whined she was overpowered...but the new characters power creep is real.

Edit: also, remember the weekly Friday state of the game report they once did and promised to keep doing every week? When was the last time one of those came out?

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 8, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Indeed. Feels like yesterday I whined she was overpowered...but the new characters power creep is real.

Edit: also, remember the weekly Friday state of the game report they once did and promised to keep doing every week? When was the last time one of those came out?

Those used to contain relevant information, like what different teams were working on, but it slowly devolved into whatever other updates had already said that week (like, basically word for word rehashes of anything the devs had posted that week), so then people complained about that, and I think they just gave up on the whole notion.

iGestalt posted:

It's a trap. No, literally. Wedge (if you have enough speed mods for biggs/sth) or Lando lead is so much better. Your best speed mods should be going to STH/Biggs, (with really good crit/dmg mods going to Wedge/Lando), so you're kinda just giving the leftovers to AA. Back before I had Wiggs (and the necessary speed mods for biggs - which I think I farmed for about a month), I spent a lot of time working out the right mods balance for AA and Lando. I think at this point I was running AA, Lando, STH, and two more, maybe RG and Rey? From there, try to balance AA so that he goes just a couple speed faster than Lando so that all other things considered, AA will give Lando a double AOE. You also want Lando and AA to be on the slower side of things, so that AA will still go first after STH taunts up. Unless you can get the timing down right for that, AA is generally just really bad for Arena. He's slow, weak, and doesn't do much for you. I mean, all of the above is for defensive play using him -- on manual you can do a much better job of figuring out when to use AA and Lando's abilities, but if you rely on this, it will be a weak defensive team.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

It's a trap. No, literally. Wedge (if you have enough speed mods for biggs/sth) or Lando lead is so much better. Your best speed mods should be going to STH/Biggs, (with really good crit/dmg mods going to Wedge/Lando), so you're kinda just giving the leftovers to AA. Back before I had Wiggs (and the necessary speed mods for biggs - which I think I farmed for about a month), I spent a lot of time working out the right mods balance for AA and Lando. I think at this point I was running AA, Lando, STH, and two more, maybe RG and Rey? From there, try to balance AA so that he goes just a couple speed faster than Lando so that all other things considered, AA will give Lando a double AOE. You also want Lando and AA to be on the slower side of things, so that AA will still go first after STH taunts up. Unless you can get the timing down right for that, AA is generally just really bad for Arena. He's slow, weak, and doesn't do much for you. I mean, all of the above is for defensive play using him -- on manual you can do a much better job of figuring out when to use AA and Lando's abilities, but if you rely on this, it will be a weak defensive team.

Sweet, thank you Mal. I'm glad I've finally got Lando as he's a wonderful powerhouse - Biggs is getting there - almost 6 star.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Why are you pretending that it's super easy to pivot to the latest meta?

Yeah, Rey is still super common in the 200-50 arena range. Sub 50, I see a lot more Wiggs. But honestly, the single-most important thing I see to set your arena team apart right now is an EP + RG.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Sweet, thank you Mal. I'm glad I've finally got Lando as he's a wonderful powerhouse - Biggs is getting there - almost 6 star.

Honestly, he's worth it at high gear (9+) 5*. Those last two stars barely affect damage output, and with Biggs going supersonically fast (mine is at 195, I think I can get him to 202 but with worse mod primaries -- and lose some speed on STH), he, Wiggs, and someone else will snipe an enemy, making your match 5v4. My favorite comp so far is Wiggs, Lando, STH, JKA. You can also run fast Leia (crit up for everyone), Palp, RG, B2, Rey, or just about anyone else that's good in that last spot. JKA is my favorite for the mirror because both teams' biggs are going to go first. I generally don't try to fight teams with a faster Biggs than me, unless putting in Lando lead will change that, so we'll assume my Biggs goes first. I snipe their Wedge or Lando, depending on who I think I can kill first (pref Wedge, plus he usually has lower health/prot). This will trigger their JKA to AOE my team. This hurts, but is survivable. Their Biggs will then snipe someone. As long as he doesn't kill JKA, I then get the opportunity to put buff immunity on STH. This guarantees a win. I have one potency set on him, and with 70% chance to trigger, it's fairly reliable. This is one advantage of Palp though, if you can get either your STH or your Palp to be faster than their STH -- he is even better at landing shock on STH. From there, I burn down Lando/Wedge, then JKA, Biggs, STH.

Sometimes RNG just fucks you and you lose the mirror anyways.

e: ALSO! If you didn't know already, swgoh.gg has added some amazing mods features https://swgoh.gg/u/mal/mods/
You can now filter out mods and sort them by whatever stats you want, like speed secondaries. This is great for planning out what mods go on who (at least for Biggs/STH, where you want to balance your fastest mods).

P.S. Here's how I've modded STH and Biggs:
https://swgoh.gg/u/mal/collection/biggs-darklighter/
https://swgoh.gg/u/mal/collection/stormtrooper-han/

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 8, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I often run Raid Han as my 5th in the Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan team. I also have a very fast Biggs, so I can stun STHan and them snipe their Wedge, and it's usually enough. Raid Han also trivializes droid teams, many times I won't even lose protection against them. I will also run B2 if they're running a team with several tanks.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I often run Raid Han as my 5th in the Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan team. I also have a very fast Biggs, so I can stun STHan and them snipe their Wedge, and it's usually enough. Raid Han also trivializes droid teams, many times I won't even lose protection against them. I will also run B2 if they're running a team with several tanks.

Yeah, in terms of gear priorities right now, I'm at HK > 86 > RHan, because HK and 86 are super important for the new raid.

I really want B2, but that's just not going to happen anytime soon because 10+ speed secondaries are just too rare.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Which is still pretty drat depressing. It´s been nearly a week since we started the raid and we are only half way through.

I am part of the problem on this. I haven't been getting in as much damage as I probably could. I just really do not enjoy anything about this raid so I have been lazy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

I am part of the problem on this. I haven't been getting in as much damage as I probably could. I just really do not enjoy anything about this raid so I have been lazy.

I stopped doing it. QGJ has been working on it since raid launch and we're not even to P3 yet.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I auto it, thatīs all the effort I am willing to give.

Edit: trip update on my full Empire team: it is fun and holds top 50 much more easily than Jedi, however breaking into top 20 is still very difficult. Ultra fast SThan-Emp-Wiggs team will chew through gear X Shoretrooper in their first turn then obliterate the rest on the second. And even slower Wiggs teams can be a problem as I only have one ability block at the start and there are usually at least 3 priority targets. Can be won with the help of RNG but itīs hardly reliable. Still, I love full faction teams and I will keep playing it :)

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 9, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm I'm only 60 and don't have access to Wedge yet, should I spend resources on Rey or just pass on her? My current team is STH/Lando/QGJ/RG/Lumi. Was planning to swap Lumi for Rey once I got Rey's gear up a bit. It's still a rough swap because Lumi is almost 7 star and Rey is only 4.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

I'm I'm only 60 and don't have access to Wedge yet, should I spend resources on Rey or just pass on her? My current team is STH/Lando/QGJ/RG/Lumi. Was planning to swap Lumi for Rey once I got Rey's gear up a bit. It's still a rough swap because Lumi is almost 7 star and Rey is only 4.

Seems like she's a safe pass for the time being.

She's good damage for filler, but there's better comps that necessitate she not be around.

Go ahead and start farming Biggs I guess. AA too, because you need a strong all-rebel squad to get EP.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 9, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
drat, should I switch my guild rewards to someone other than Rey then?

So from 60 to 69 (plus the time it takes to get wedge/make him worth subbing in) do I run Biggs without Wedge? STH/Lando/QGJ/RG/ Lumi or Biggs? I've been farming JKA but I'm only getting like 2 shards a day so that is a ways out.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

So from 60 to 69 (plus the time it takes to get wedge/make him worth subbing in) do I run Biggs without Wedge? STH/Lando/QGJ/RG/ Lumi or Biggs? I've been farming JKA but I'm only getting like 2 shards a day so that is a ways out.

Without Wedge, Biggs underperforms pretty severely.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Boozie posted:

Stick with Rey, you get her from hard nodes and guild shipments. You get Wiggs from cantina and galactic war shipments, she's not the end all be all she was say 3 months ago but she is still an excellent high damage dealer.
I still use Rey in my rancor p1 squad and she usually contributes like 60% of the damage, plus I still use her in my B team in galactic war.

At level 60 can you even farm wedge? I don't remember when cantina battle 6-f unlocks (literally the only place to get wedge shards).

edit: JKA is a pain to farm if you only have his first 2 hard nodes to grind, he has a third 20 energy hard node, and he's the last node on catina stage 7, I'm working on him currently to complete my "meta be damned" fanboy clone wars squad (JKA, Rex, 5s, Echo, Cody) :swoon:.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 9, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Without Wedge, Biggs underperforms pretty severely.

Yea I know this, just wasn't sure how to round out my squad while I wait for Wedge.

rocket_Magnet posted:

At level 60 can you even farm wedge? I don't remember when cantina battle 6-f unlocks (literally the only place to get wedge shards).

Nope, that's why I was asking what to do from 60-69+ for my arena team because Wedge doesn't unlock until 69.

[e] I don't know the player xp required for 60 to 69 but im guessing i have 20+ days to farm something else in cantina now that lando is 7 starred. Was thinking Old Ben over GS.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 10, 2016

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Boozie posted:

Yea I know this, just wasn't sure how to round out my squad while I wait for Wedge.

Nope, that's why I was asking what to do from 60-69+ for my arena team because Wedge doesn't unlock until 69.

[e] I don't know the player xp required for 60 to 69 but im guessing i have 20+ days to farm something else in cantina now that lando is 7 starred. Was thinking Old Ben over GS.

Mace Windu might be your most accessible commander for the new Ships feature whenever that comes out - other two are from arena shipments. Might be worth farming him in cantina. I don't find Old Ben to be incredibly useful in any phase of the game right now as there are ways to punish dodge leads in arena.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Zone of Danger posted:

Mace Windu might be your most accessible commander for the new Ships feature whenever that comes out - other two are from arena shipments. Might be worth farming him in cantina. I don't find Old Ben to be incredibly useful in any phase of the game right now as there are ways to punish dodge leads in arena.

That's a good point, I just didn't think much of Windu from what I had heard before the ship talk. Old Ben destroys me in arena right now, but I realize that will fade in time. Old Ben/Lando/STH/QGJ/X has been wrecking me I can't beat it most of the time. Even if I manage to get my STH taunt off before their Old Ben, their QGJ breaks it, and my QGJ is ability blocked to break their STH.

My STH is about 10 days away from 7 star at which point I was planning to farm AA (I've already unlocked IG-88 at least).

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Credit heist is back, :swoon: and it's a beautiful thing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Credit heist is back, :swoon: and it's a beautiful thing.

I got 5M from my first one. Was totes happy

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Most definitely; that got my freshly-7*d Biggs up to 83, and hopefully I can do the same with Wedge by the end of the week.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I could only manage the second rank, even with 6* ST Han and 7* IG-88 :saddowns:

VV: I'm working on Wedge with my Cantina energy, since I already had low-star Biggs (and I'm buying his shards too). But I think I can farm Lando too, thanks.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 10, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Serperoth posted:

I could only manage the second rank, even with 6* ST Han and 7* IG-88 :saddowns:

If you don't have him already, start working on Lando; getting him built up was what finally got me clearing the top tier

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I clear it with STHan, Cad Bane, Greedo, Boba Fett, Chewie

Lando would be better, and I'll probably work my freshly 80 IG88 in there somewhere, but this comp works for clearing the top tier. Mods on everywhere are what really pushed it over the edge.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Sweet, just cleared the Yoda event, and the achievement gave me enough shards to 6* Vader

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

I clear it with STHan, Cad Bane, Greedo, Boba Fett, Chewie

Lando would be better, and I'll probably work my freshly 80 IG88 in there somewhere, but this comp works for clearing the top tier. Mods on everywhere are what really pushed it over the edge.

I love IG-88 with an omega on his leader ability for these heists. The dots shred the high health elites and bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Karzon posted:

I love IG-88 with an omega on his leader ability for these heists. The dots shred the high health elites and bosses.

Chewie lead is actually better than you'd think here too, because of all the AoE.