Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
cheat engine's a thing, so real mega buster at least is trivially doable by figuring out where the zombies killed number is (search for your zombies killed, kill a zombie, search again until you have only one option for it), setting it to 600k, and then going and getting your poo poo killed.

the other 2 i'm less sure about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

cheat engine's a thing, so real mega buster at least is trivially doable by figuring out where the zombies killed number is (search for your zombies killed, kill a zombie, search again until you have only one option for it), setting it to 600k, and then going and getting your poo poo killed.

the other 2 i'm less sure about

I imagine the later two are probably could be cheated by turning on infinite health to off set the health degrade from Infinity Mode. Dunno if you could turn it off through.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah that's a good idea. freeze your health and then stand some place where you can't get your poo poo clawed off (mostly to make sure nothing weird is going on in game so things don't crash), go to bed/work, turn off the cheat and go get your poo poo killed

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Finished the first OTR run. Got 50 survivors and an S ending. Only missing the soldier boots ($2 mil), psycho hair (theater), and the protoman armor (all bronze) from the special set costumes. Not sure I have it in me to do all the back and forth driving to unlock all the challenges so I may just give up on full protoman.

Overall the PS4 port was good and I really only had the one crash.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://news.xbox.com/2016/10/19/dead-rising-4-deluxe-edition-pre-order/

The Deluxe Edition of DR4 includes story DLC, "Frank Rising," and a mini-golf game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

https://news.xbox.com/2016/10/19/dead-rising-4-deluxe-edition-pre-order/

The Deluxe Edition of DR4 includes story DLC, "Frank Rising," and a mini-golf game.

Is Frank Rising supposed to be a light remake of DR1 or something? "Freshly Infected" Frank would be in Dr1, wouldn't it?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

ImpAtom posted:

Is Frank Rising supposed to be a light remake of DR1 or something? "Freshly Infected" Frank would be in Dr1, wouldn't it?

You'd think, but the description also implies it's not his first tangle with zombies.

I think whoever wrote that description never beat DR1

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

One of the big touted features of DR4 is a new type of zombie, which was also a plot point in Endgame.

Frank might be infected with a new strain of the parasite that doesn't respond to Zombrex.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ah, if Frank is double-plus infected that would make more sense.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Double secret infection.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Frank is actually a full-on zombie by the time the game starts, but then he's bitten by a human and infected.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bought the triple pack on Steam, but Off the Record crashes when I bring up the map screen. Has anyone else seen that? It looks like most of the issues are just crashing on start-up, which I'm not getting.

e: I really wish DR3 would run at higher than single digits on my pc. I mean if Witcher works, it should.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 29, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Dead Rising 3 is weird. Even at high framerates it feels sluggish. I like the game, though.

Just wish they'd stop doing full cities. Fortune City was plenty big enough.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

First 33 minutes of Dead Rising 4.

It looks terrible. I also don't understand why they bother having Frank be the main character if they were going to change how he looks and his voice.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It looks terrible. I also don't understand why they bother having Frank be the main character if they were going to change how he looks and his voice.

The whole "Quotes from the first game." thing at the start is so off-putting due to the new voice it almost feels like the original voice actor was slated to return but then Capcom or whoever changed their minds for some reason and got somebody new.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SeANMcBAY posted:

a 33 minute long tutorial, didn't even get to see Willamette proper. This does not bode well.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Standard practice at Capcom, pretty much every character in Resident Evil has had 3 or more different voice actors over the years.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

Standard practice at Capcom, pretty much every character in Resident Evil has had 3 or more different voice actors over the years.

I think it's mostly down to how Capcom has the most recurring characters in franchises of any company in the industry.

There is something weird going on with how they hire talent, though. The last Resident Evil game has all the telltale signs of having been a non-union gig, like how everyone in it is using somewhat vague pseudonyms. I suspect they may simply be trying to keep costs down however they can.

CharlestonJew posted:

a 33 minute long tutorial, didn't even get to see Willamette proper. This does not bode well.

It's weird how the lengthy tutorial mission turned into a franchise constant. There's a lot more of DR3 in this than I would've expected.

I like Vick, though. I hope she lives.

(Also, weird continuity there with DR2: Frank's mentoring another female Asian reporter.)

Edit: Wow, I was not expecting to ever see Brad Park again.

Wanderer fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 11, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wanderer posted:

I think it's mostly down to how Capcom has the most recurring characters in franchises of any company in the industry.

There is something weird going on with how they hire talent, though. The last Resident Evil game has all the telltale signs of having been a non-union gig, like how everyone in it is using somewhat vague pseudonyms. I suspect they may simply be trying to keep costs down however they can.

It's weird how the lengthy tutorial mission turned into a franchise constant. There's a lot more of DR3 in this than I would've expected.

I like Vick, though. I hope she lives.

(Also, weird continuity there with DR2: Frank's mentoring another female Asian reporter.)

Edit: Wow, I was not expecting to ever see Brad Park again.

Guess the backstory from Off the Record about Rebecca being a former co-worker is canon.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Rirse posted:

Guess the backstory from Off the Record about Rebecca being a former co-worker is canon.

It's shown in the Road to Fortune comic, and Frank mentions it at the start of Case West.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm really not feeling the new voice actor for Frank. What made Frank such a good character for me was his VA's delivery of his lines. It made him sound like a naive goofy doofus, which was awesome.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SettingSun posted:

I'm really not feeling the new voice actor for Frank. What made Frank such a good character for me was his VA's delivery of his lines. It made him sound like a naive goofy doofus, which was awesome.

yeah the new guy's ok (i chuckled at the mini golf line) but I really miss the old voice

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He almost looks younger than in Case West. I like his spy camera though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Perhaps it will be revealed that this isn't the real Frank West but rather a body double who took over while the real Frank went undercover to complete a different mission.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
He's basically Nathan Drake, Photojournalist now. If the game's good I might still buy it, maybe. It's not on Steam though which is a huge mark against it in addition to all the other stuff against it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I did like the "My therapist says it's an ongoing process!" line.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Perhaps it will be revealed that this isn't the real Frank West but rather a body double who took over while the real Frank went undercover to complete a different mission.

For the first time ever on SA, I wish I could upvote a comment.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

Punished Frank.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I've covered love blooming on the battlefield, you know.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Crappy Jack posted:

I've covered love blooming on the battlefield, you know.

EROTICA: 1000 pp

e: I forgot about the ten hours of downtime between the last case and Overtime mode.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 12, 2016

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Is there a DR4 thread already?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Is there a DR4 thread already?

This might as well be the DR4 thread until such a time as DR4 isn't a 'bone/Windows 10 exclusive anymore. They're really punching themselves in the dick with this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm really interested in hearing opinions on DR4. A lot of what I hear about it sounds pretty meh to me but I was one of the people who liked the weird roguelike atmosphere of DR1/2 and I'm sad to hear they're walking back from it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I think Dead Rising 4 will flop, pretty honestly. I can understand why they changed the game the way they did though. People hated the roguelike elements and the timer, even in Dead Rising 3 which has one of the most lenient timers ever to the point you could have 4 or so days to spare after doing everything, people still complained and couldn't cope with the pressure. So they remove it for 4 to win those people over.

Only now they piss off the Dead Rising fanbase who just see it as Saints Row with zombies now and then the people they were trying to entice won't play it anyway as they'll just play generic zombie game #7156 instead.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'm not sure there's a "generic zombie game #7156" they could be playing right now instead.

I doubt DR4 will flop outright, but it's coming out at the tail end of a pretty brutal fourth quarter. It'll come down to how good it is, and right now, it looks an awful lot like DR3.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm more annoyed at the change in VA, it doesn't help that Frank's new VA just doesn't seem that good.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I wish the fan theory of the game actually being a Hollywood movie adaption of the Willamette incident with an actor playing Frank West, only for an actual zombie outbreak to occur during shooting the movie was true. It'd be a lot more entertaining than what we'll get.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think Dead Rising 4 will flop, pretty honestly. I can understand why they changed the game the way they did though. People hated the roguelike elements and the timer, even in Dead Rising 3 which has one of the most lenient timers ever to the point you could have 4 or so days to spare after doing everything, people still complained and couldn't cope with the pressure. So they remove it for 4 to win those people over.

Only now they piss off the Dead Rising fanbase who just see it as Saints Row with zombies now and then the people they were trying to entice won't play it anyway as they'll just play generic zombie game #7156 instead.

So I'm the only one thinking Saint's Row with zombies sounds like a lot of fun? The timers were pretty lenient in 3, but if you're gonna give me an open world, just let me run around and murder kill hundreds of zombies while exploring nooks and crannies looking for easter eggs and hidden blueprints.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't think it's that people hate the idea of Saint's Row with zombies but that it sucks that it seemingly means killing off the unique and cool gameplay of the first two games. Personally I really don't get why people just have an instinctual revulsion to the idea of time limits. You were always able to just dick around and kill zombies and explore while ignoring time because the only stuff that matters carries over to a new game anyway. And the time limit of 3 might as well have not existed. I'm pretty sure I reached max level and explored almost everything and just spent most of the time dicking around and still had days left over by the end. It kinda reminds me of how a lot of people get freaked out by the time limit in Fallout 1 when it's basically impossible to realistically reach it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Unless you were going for a Savior run the time limit posed little threat to you, people are just babies. And now they've taken out the closest thing resembling a challenge in these games.

• Locked thread