Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

the whole gran akuma situation with dgusa was real interesting. probably led to that retirement (and i wouldn't blame him)

Can you provide details?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/796751207515783168

interested to see if they start bringing more top indie talent down to lasalle. the dreamwave room is always pretty much full for their current model which is yknow mid-grade midwest talent and a guest appearance by a legend

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 10, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oh gently caress, does that mean everything in loving LaSalle instead of Merrionette Park/Berwyn? Or are they just running More Shows? (which seems unlikely)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

means more shows, I'm sure. they already have their 2017 dates in merrionette park/berwyn on their site I think. also they're running a show out in rosemont. I think dreamwave shows are always saturdays so they might book talent for the weekend and do merrionette park on friday and then ship everybody down to lasalle for saturday

edit: 2017 sked

THIS MONTH
NOV 26
SOLD OUT! - The Windy City Classic XII
Logan Square Auditorium

NEXT MONTH
DEC 30
115 Bourbon Street

JAN 20
115 Bourbon Street

FEB 17
115 Bourbon Street

MAR 17
Berwyn Eagles Club

APR 8
EPIC
Joe's Live Rosemont

JUN 17
115 Bourbon Street

JUL 15
115 Bourbon Street

OCT 13
The Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament Night 1
115 Bourbon Street

OCT 14
The Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament Night 2
Berwyn Eagles Club

NOV 25
The Windy City Classic XIII
Logan Square Auditorium

DEC 30
115 Bourbon Street

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 10, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

means more shows, I'm sure. they already have their 2017 dates in merrionette park/berwyn on their site I think. also they're running a show out in rosemont. I think dreamwave shows are always saturdays so they might book talent for the weekend and do merrionette park on friday and then ship everybody down to lasalle for saturday

That actually makes a lot of sense. Mix up the matchups some and maybe I'll even trek down to LaSalle. (I will not be doing this)

What's this about a show in Rosemont? e: oh, neat, bless your work.

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/796737772350566400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw for confirmation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also as indicated above:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/796495485662097408

Sami Callihan vs. Chris Hero for the AAW Title
Mercedes Martinez vs. Kimber Lee for the SHIMMER Title

ACH
Andrew Everett
Brian Cage
Bucky Collins
Chuck Taylor
Colt Cabana
Connor Braxton
Drago
DJZ
Eddie Kingston
Heidi Lovelace
Homicide
Jeff Cobb
Jessicka Havok
Low Ki
Markus Crane
Pentagon Jr.
Prince Mustafa Ali
Rey Horus / Dragon Azteca Jr.
The Hooligans
Trent Beretta
Trevor Lee
Zack Sabre Jr.

not sure if more announcements may be to come since they stopped at Braxton and didn't announce his tag partner or Scarlett

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 15, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

TV Zombie posted:

Can you provide details?

during the first few shows, the dg guys were getting banged up and akuma was viewed, by them, as at fault.

one story is that they saw he was keeping knee braces under his pads and that freaked them out. didn't want to get messed up by a guy that they viewed as unsafe. dg runs one of the most strenuous schedules and they were sending over their top guys and have had bad experiences (roddy nearly paralyzing naruki doi) so they were incredibly skittish about what us talent was stiff or not. this happened before akuma's fallout with chikara and he mentioned it somewhere as a reason he was scaling back as he was a huge michinoku pro/toryumon fan and it was disappointing to him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

during the first few shows, the dg guys were getting banged up and akuma was viewed, by them, as at fault.

one story is that they saw he was keeping knee braces under his pads and that freaked them out. didn't want to get messed up by a guy that they viewed as unsafe. dg runs one of the most strenuous schedules and they were sending over their top guys and have had bad experiences (roddy nearly paralyzing naruki doi) so they were incredibly skittish about what us talent was stiff or not. this happened before akuma's fallout with chikara and he mentioned it somewhere as a reason he was scaling back as he was a huge michinoku pro/toryumon fan and it was disappointing to him.

Which is funny because of all the times gaijin on DG JPN tours got hosed up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Steen also said that the entire time he was in DG, he felt like the stable they put him with were trying to use the language barrier to try and get him to embarrass himself, like they'd ask him to say stuff on the mic, then Steen, being wise enough to smell a setup, would ask "Oh, sure, but what does it mean in English? I wanna understand what I'm saying" and then they'd kinda hem and haw, and he'd refuse to do it, because they wouldn't really explain anything. That and how much his family means to him really explain why he didn't do Japan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

edit nope wrong thread

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Steen also said that the entire time he was in DG, he felt like the stable they put him with were trying to use the language barrier to try and get him to embarrass himself, like they'd ask him to say stuff on the mic, then Steen, being wise enough to smell a setup, would ask "Oh, sure, but what does it mean in English? I wanna understand what I'm saying" and then they'd kinda hem and haw, and he'd refuse to do it, because they wouldn't really explain anything. That and how much his family means to him really explain why he didn't do Japan.

Yeah that was a real weird period (2006ish), even though Steen only did one tour. They went from no gaijin in the first two years of DG to then having tons of them, and shoving almost all of them into Muscle Outlaw'z. They definitely got a lot better since then, but you still had guys like AR Fox and Chuck Taylor who weren't fits and it stood out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Yeah that was a real weird period (2006ish), even though Steen only did one tour. They went from no gaijin in the first two years of DG to then having tons of them, and shoving almost all of them into Muscle Outlaw'z. They definitely got a lot better since then, but you still had guys like AR Fox and Chuck Taylor who weren't fits and it stood out.

I love Chucky T but if he goes to Japan again, it's gotta be DDT.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh poo poo.

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/796867252821913600

My poor wallet...

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I really wish AAW didn't run so many Friday shows. It is impossible for me to get to 115 Bourbon after work and I want to go to every drat show after experiencing one. At least I snagged third row at the Windy City Classic before it sold out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AAW got the Dreamwave locations because Dreamwave is dead.

The RevPro/NJPW show with Ishii vs Hero was last night. Tonight is Hero vs. Shibata. Can't wait for the VODs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rey fenix is still hurt so drago is replacing him at the windy city classic :silent:

a downgrade but heck pretty decent of them to book a replacement considering they've already got a full lineup and are already sold out. also "we're working on something special that could be announced as early as next week."

https://twitter.com/smartmarkvideo/status/796891490920333312

looks like a final dreamwave show booked for 12/3. aaw says they are "exploring all possibilities with regards to talent" but ticket prices and schedule should be the same as dreamwave has done in the past

dreamwave champ - prince mustafa ali
tag team champs - marshe rockett & brubaker
alternative champ - jt dunn
a lot of their other regular talents are midwest people that aaw doesn't really use anymore. arik cannon sugar dunkerton zero gravity matt cage chris castro etc. also ariya daivari and joey ryan are regulars. would not at all mind an aaw b-show in lasalle with some of the bigger indie names aaw books mixed in with them!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

please use Matt Cage more. I like to look at his butt.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Doesn't Cage really dislike AAW?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dunno, they used to use him and book him against their bigger names but now they don't

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
don't look up how old marshe rockett is, don't look up how old marshe rockett is, it will only remind you that youth is fleeting and time is horrible

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Cage has reduced his dates in wrestling greatly over the last 6 months. He actually quit working Dreamwave because he felt stuck in a rut there. He worked a Dreamwave show for them this past weekend against Christian Rose so I should have thought something was up.

I think he left AAW because he felt unappreciated there. He posted this tweet the other day:
http://twitter.com/proudcaucasian/status/796548075888250885

He has been working Funky Monkey Wrestling and Freelance Wrestling.

Also, I think he likes the fact that people like his butt. He does not like getting weirdly propositioned for sex at the gym though.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Cage has reduced his dates in wrestling greatly over the last 6 months. He actually quit working Dreamwave because he felt stuck in a rut there. He worked a Dreamwave show for them this past weekend against Christian Rose so I should have thought something was up.

I think he left AAW because he felt unappreciated there. He posted this tweet the other day:
http://twitter.com/proudcaucasian/status/796548075888250885

He has been working Funky Monkey Wrestling and Freelance Wrestling.

Also, I think he likes the fact that people like his butt. He does not like getting weirdly propositioned for sex at the gym though.

Yeah I was gonna say I remember seeing this after the Jim Lynam tournament.

https://twitter.com/proudcaucasian/status/785167965163515904

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am sometimes surprised with how much Marcus Crane gets booked at different promotions.

Along the same lines: the St.Louis Anarchy promotion is shutting down. The guy who runs it is now running the St.Louis branch of National Wrestling League. Supposedly, they will have more dates and shows but it seems like a lot of small indies are dropping off and being replaced my slightly larger indies.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 11, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is a lot of Wrestlers last SHIMMER if you are close and on the fence go.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fiiiine

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

From revpro just now (it's ospreay)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quoting from a bit ago

oatgan posted:

AIW, Freelance, SoCal Pro, Alpha-1, CaraLucha, DTU Extremo, Lucha Memes, Grand Slam Wrestling, High Risk Wrestling, Why We Wrestle, NWA Smokey Mountain, Tier 1 Wrestling, and a couple more i haven't heard of

couldn't care less about japanese promotions getting in on these streaming services because they're all easy to watch as it is but the mexican indies are super exciting possibilities, and a lot of the smaller regional usa promotions have good reputations with zero distribution

Powerbomb.TV and Tier 1 finally announced partnership. Only on demand confirmed, but live streams possible next year

Also they confirmed expected price point of $9.99 a month

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/797577560330817537 One of the more deserving title wins in a good while. From an opening card comedy act to this.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/797605979013677057

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also, he's terrible at calling matches and has no chemistry with anybody he works with

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/797610704861822976
Thankfully Gabe is probably going to fire him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They should have fired him for being absolute rear end on commentary a few shows ago but FloSlam will have many opportunities for Joey to blow

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/797618340252487680

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gabe has talked a lot of game about making wrestling inclusive for women so credit is due for putting his money where his mouth is

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Imagine being so poo poo that you're fired mid-show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Has Joey now been fired from companies by email, phone, face to face, and social media

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

Has Joey now been fired from companies by email, phone, face to face, and social media
Dixie chomping at the bit to hire him

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Every time Joey Styles gets fired the world gets a little more beautiful

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JeremyBorash/status/797621291960238080

When even TNA tells you goofed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Did they literally can him mid show?