Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cf0tx/minuscule_discoveries_the_quest_for_the/

e:

https://i.imgur.com/Eb8nPS5.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lmao. The article still even has my comment attached, still “awaiting moderation” from three weeks back.
All they did was change the publication date.

:cawg:

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Ben is going to be big in Japan.

Ben's loving huge everywhere...

Oh, and hello everyone. Been lurking for a long time.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mu77ley posted:

:thejoke:

quote:

Oh, and hello everyone. Been lurking for a long time.
Welcome friend, pull yourself a chair by the dumpster and warm your hands.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mu77ley posted:

Have you seen his tiny t-rex arms?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Did this Shitizen just discover RNG? Behold brothers!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The real question is how on earth you'd ship in to Japan. One Panamax for him; a second one running support to provide his daily calorie intake?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

alphabettitouretti posted:

This is amazing. Not just because it's a sign that the grey market is dead, but that there are still people stupid enough to spunk the best part of $1k on this worthless poo poo.

What's the thought process here? You see that the grey market is finished, and rather than concluding it's because the bubble has burst and the game is never coming out, you use it as an opportunity to buy this crap at a reduced cost. What's your endgame, pal? Think you're gonna make a profit with this investment, or dumb enough to believe that Star Citizen is still going to be finished and this spend is going to give you a heads-up in the 'verse?
With returns going so smoothly, I wonder how successful people would be buying at 30% off on the grey market and then asking for a refund. A 30% return every four days wouldn't be so bad...

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
Less Ben.

More Bat Burritos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuvaos1WHTk

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

According to the Official™ War Thunder Wiki, the 0-150 meter Level of Detail (#0) should have between 50 to 70 thousand triangles (fighters) or 60 to 100 thousand triangles (bombers).

Less than half that from 150 to 500 meters. Hovering around 1,500 to 2,000 triangles at 500 to 1,000 meters. 150 or less triangles after 1,000 meters.
I guess I'm not the only one playing War Thunder. My daughter installed the game on the PS/4, thinking I might like it--and next thing you know I'm flying every night... Watching the planes come apart is a thing of beauty. Getting hit by a wing you've just blown off is pretty cool. Lots of fun moments. Flying next to a BV-238 always makes me think of an Idris and how CIG will never make a fun game.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah it's really kinda complex in a way, wheels within wheels, the story of SC. None of the details are all that dramatic sounding in a vacuum but literally everything about this game is some sort of hosed up gossip and I love it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

FMguru posted:

That's every market collapse. When people SELL SELL SELL in a panic there's usually someone willing to BUY BUY BUY because they think they're savvy investors getting a great deal. My econ professor liked to point that on Black Monday, the day of the 1929 stock market crash that kicked off the Great Depression, more than 16 million shares were sold - and every one of those shares was bought by someone.

Heck, "buy on the dips" is often touted as a solid stock-picking strategy.

People don't all figure everything out simultaneously. Someone has to be the last person to leave the room, or be left holding the bag.

My great-aunt made a little bit of money buying telephone stock when it got low enough in December 1929, but she planned to hold it for at least 10 years (and I think held it for 50 years plus in the event).

However, the telephone company actually existed, had physical plants and hardware, and provided an important service to a rapidly expanding customer base. So it's not really analogous :shrug: Star Citizen is pure tulipmania, so there isn't a "value investment" angle.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
holy. poo poo. who loving thought bringing this back is a good idea

it got totally trashed last time and reeks of dishonest advertising

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

This guy gets it, is distracted by the :spergin: but gets it.

And it only took official confirmation of the obvious, good job CIG.

Sound in space is one of the things I don't fault CIG for. It would be boring to only hear your own ship, or the inside of your suit. Going with the excuse that your ship/suit recreates what sound there would be through some kind of technology we're just not going to talk about is the absolute right tactic to take. It's one of the few absolutely correct choices they've made.

As an important plot point in a movie, it's still brain dead stupid.

I can't believe they're doing this again. I thought they deleted that article last time for a reason.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Chalks posted:

Has that article been posted to reddit yet? Looking forward to seeing the reaction to "obviously manufactured review: part 2"

Yeah it was, and it was promptly hidden because even THEY knew it was bullshit, and they didn't want it going public.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah it was, and it was promptly hidden because even THEY knew it was bullshit, and they didn't want it going public.

Was that just the first time, or was this re-release reposted and re-hidden?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

The real question is how on earth you'd ship in to Japan. One Panamax for him; a second one running support to provide his daily calorie intake?

Fat floats dude

just put a sail on him and kick him off the shore

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Fat floats dude

just put a sail on him and kick him off the shore

Dude, we're trying to reduce the size of the Pacific garbage patch.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

Was that just the first time, or was this re-release reposted and re-hidden?

That I don't know

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, is anyone archiving this?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

XK posted:

Dude, we're trying to reduce the size of the Pacific garbage patch.

Maybe someone can train him to eat plastic?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

My great-aunt made a little bit of money buying telephone stock when it got low enough in December 1929, but she planned to hold it for at least 10 years (and I think held it for 50 years plus in the event).

However, the telephone company actually existed, had physical plants and hardware, and provided an important service to a rapidly expanding customer base. So it's not really analogous :shrug: Star Citizen is pure tulipmania, so there isn't a "value investment" angle.

Yeah cheap shares in a real company with a viable business model is a calculated gamble. Buying cut price jpeg spaceships for a game that can't even reach alpha after 5 years is just dumb for several reasons.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

Put some frosting on and he'll eat anything. I'm amazed he hasn't eaten his glasses yet if his wife's attempt to kill him by putting them on top of pastries is a regular thing.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hello
  • "We're sunk."
  • "Everyone does their own thing. We're all compartmentalized. We didn't know what other departments are doing, how fast they are going, what problems they are having. We really thought we could pull this off, that other areas had made advancements, maybe it's us [AI] that is lagging behind. But it's everyone. Everyone."
  • "After the meeting this morning is done I don't expect anyone to remain sober."
  • "I don't think a single person started here feeling like [CIG] needed more money, but we do. If anyone still believes in this project, like I do, put everything you have in and then more, and then more after that. We need it. We're going to need all of it."
happy friday CIG

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
GameSkinny: The Real Reason Star Citizen Keeps Getting Delayed

Damien Smith posted:

The reason for the delays from my perspective is that he sees this as his last chance to fulfil his ambition to create the best space sim ever made. Back in the days of Freelancer, creating such a game was practically impossible due to the limitations of technology.

Today, there are no such restrictions or limitations in video game development. I feel it is a case of Roberts simply wanting to ensure that the game is exactly as he has always envisioned. Without a publisher calling the shots or putting pressure on both him and his team (as they did with Freelancer), he is taking as long as he needs to make the game he envisioned.

Will Star Citizen ever release? I have no doubts about it. Will it be the game that Roberts promises? If its development isn't rushed at any point, yes it will.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • "We're sunk."
  • "Everyone does their own thing. We're all compartmentalized. We didn't know what other departments are doing, how fast they are going, what problems they are having. We really thought we could pull this off, that other areas had made advancements, maybe it's us [AI] that is lagging behind. But it's everyone. Everyone."
  • "After the meeting this morning is done I don't expect anyone to remain sober."
  • "I don't think a single person started here feeling like [CIG] needed more money, but we do. If anyone still believes in this project, like I do, put everything you have in and then more, and then more after that. We need it. We're going to need all of it."
happy friday CIG

:toot:

This whole concept of “progress” is a really hard one, I agree.

Sorry, does anyone know if they've invented brain transplants yet because I think that quote made most of my neurons give up in abject apathy at the level of stupidity displayed? It's almost fractal in its nature — every bit is so fundamentally ignorant that, the closer you look at each part, the dumber it gets, and yet, the whole is far far more idiotic than all of the parts combined.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 11, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

hello
happy friday CIG

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really hope this was croberts

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tippis posted:

Just write "Cheesecake Factory" on it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TheAgent posted:

happy friday CIG
They've been infiltrated by assassins in black, too.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

If they've really nearly exhausted the $130m, and done the same with the additional $50m they've allegedly acquired, then just lol.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

TheAgent posted:

hello
happy friday CIG

I really hope not a single person from their newbies/ interns goes for this.
Because what. the. gently caress.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oh, I see... it's damage control day.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • "We're sunk."
happy friday CIG

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Agent, what kind of meeting was this? Progress update, or "sorry folks it's all a bit hosed and you might not be getting paid"?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Oh, I see... it's damage control day.

Too bad they didn't want to pay for legit fake journajizzm

This poo poo? Gameskinner. Weekly loving beeper. What's next, WSJ?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
normally I don't post much from the person in that last quote because their sheer optimism for the project always colored anything they had to say

when they are saying its time to give more, its time to give more

other things I got from them over the last two months
  • the mmo development portion of the game is making huge strides and should be out before the end of the year (2016)
  • the sq42 demo is nearly ready to put into players hands (2016)
  • there's no cash flow problems
  • there's no problems with management
  • "Chris is a great guy, a good boss and has always treated me with respect."
  • sq42 wasn't shown at citcon because of a data breach/loss of data somehow
  • but everything is fine because it was recovered right after citcon

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • "We're sunk."
happy friday CIG

Does anyone think chris is going to go broke putting his hard stolen cash back into the game?

Any employee that does this is a fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Too bad they didn't want to pay for legit fake journajizzm

This poo poo? Gameskinner. Weekly loving beeper. What's next, WSJ?

I don't think WSJ would have much interest in writing about a lemonade-stand level operation like a $125–175M hobby company unless they were bribed with the entire value of that company. It's not so much that they have scruples — it's that they know how to charge for not having them. :D

I suppose CIG could forge another zero onto the end of their financial statement, at which point they'd be “worth” enough to notice, and would also have done something stupid enough to be worth the column space.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 11, 2016

• Locked thread