Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Geheimnisnacht just updated to distract people from some unpopularity contest across the pond, compatible with 2.6.2 and RD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Is there a writeup on what triggers your ruler getting a nickname? I just got named "the Bear" and I can't figure out what prompted that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonwagon posted:

Is there a writeup on what triggers your ruler getting a nickname? I just got named "the Bear" and I can't figure out what prompted that.

Homosexual and strong traits.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Volkerball posted:

For real? Amazing if true.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Torrannor posted:

For real? Amazing if true.

It isn't.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's actually homosexual and brawny.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I've been really sucked in to After the End lately. Playing as the Voodoo republic of Orleans, my character went insane from loa possession and chose a horse, Horse M.D., as court physician. Later, Horse M.D. was caught stealing from the treasury... Constantly defending against deep south evangelical holy wars while building a Caribbean trade empire is great fun!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

He is strong but has 6 kids already so idk about the other part.

Speaking of nicknames, my son's wife became known as "the Unfaithful" so I went to check what was that about. Turns out one of the patrician families had a 17 year old with the seduction focus. By the time I found this out the kid's hormones already spawned like 5 different rivalries. I decided to dispose of him before his dick destabilizes the entire republic. Without even needing bribes the final plot power was over 300%. Turns out, cuckolding your spymaster is a bad idea! Suspiciously enough my own wife refused to join on account of liking him too much, so I guess I made the right call here. Anyway, he was dead within a month.

"Don't hate the playa, hate the game." -Torquato Monegario, moments before getting blown up by a manure pile

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I plotted to kill my lover's husband. 300% plot power and it failed 7 times before finally getting him. And I was discovered on every single attempt.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dragonwagon posted:

He is strong but has 6 kids already so idk about the other part.

Speaking of nicknames, my son's wife became known as "the Unfaithful" so I went to check what was that about. Turns out one of the patrician families had a 17 year old with the seduction focus. By the time I found this out the kid's hormones already spawned like 5 different rivalries. I decided to dispose of him before his dick destabilizes the entire republic. Without even needing bribes the final plot power was over 300%. Turns out, cuckolding your spymaster is a bad idea! Suspiciously enough my own wife refused to join on account of liking him too much, so I guess I made the right call here. Anyway, he was dead within a month.

"Don't hate the playa, hate the game." -Torquato Monegario, moments before getting blown up by a manure pile

live fast, die young, leave a mutilated corpse covered in poo poo

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

cock hero flux posted:

live fast, die young, leave a mutilated corpse covered in poo poo

Mods new thread title. Crusader Kings II: live fast, die young, leave a mutilated corpse covered in poo poo

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I just yesterday got "the Bear" on a ruler that isn't homosexual :confused:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

Poor guy is in the closet

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yay new thread title.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Poor Darkrenown :smith:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Zero One posted:

Wait what happened?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
He wanted the thread title named in honor of his DLC. No one ever changed it for him.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Eric the Mauve posted:

code:
nick_the_bear = {
	allow = {
		age = 16
		is_female = no
		martial = 12
		OR = {
			trait = strong
			trait = robust
			trait = fair
		}
		OR = {
			trait = shrewd
			trait = quick
			trait = genius
		}
		capital_scope = {
			NOR = {
				region = world_india
				region = world_africa
			}
		}
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 5
		modifier = {
			factor = 5
			OR = {
				religion = finnish_pagan
				religion = finnish_pagan_reformed
			}
		}
	}
}

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Deceitful Penguin posted:

One of the new ones connecting a bunch of the mountains near the south. It exists, but if you hover over it, it just says "no character" and you can't travel on it.

It's apparently building things and because I subjugated it, the owner of the duchy hates me for holding it, so idk

The name was "igité" or something; it was near Bogotá at any rate.

Okay, I finally found the cause of this, it was a typo in the province_setup file. So when the game loaded a save, it didn't recognise the province as existing and blanked it out.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Zero One posted:

Well, in a bit they can rename it Reapers Doo Doo I guess

Skellybones posted:

Okay, I finally found the cause of this, it was a typo in the province_setup file. So when the game loaded a save, it didn't recognise the province as existing and blanked it out.
Hah, well done. One of the reasons I could probs not mod this game is I'm awfully non-detail oriented and things like that would probs trip me up all the time.

Though I still dream of adding a Communist uprising, if only because the idea of that as a religion cracks me up.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Zero One posted:

It's a fine title :p

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Various Meat Products posted:

The best bit of advice I found for the Zunbil run (aside from parking your Chancellor on the Abbasid capital permanently) is to get an heir educated with an Altaic culture.

This is from a few days ago, but how do you do that now with the new Conclave education mechanics? I was thinking about doing a Haestein game where I culture convert to Berber, but he starts with a pre-existing heir so I would need to get him flipped as well.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

binge crotching posted:

This is from a few days ago, but how do you do that now with the new Conclave education mechanics? I was thinking about doing a Haestein game where I culture convert to Berber, but he starts with a pre-existing heir so I would need to get him flipped as well.
Once you are playing as that heir, have children and have those children be educated by someone with Berber culture and have them do the Heritage learning type.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Once you are playing as that heir, have children and have those children be educated by someone with Berber culture and have them do the Heritage learning type.

Haestienn's son starts as a baby so just pick Heritage and send him off.

edit: why go Berber when you're already Norse?

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 11, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Even better, I figured he was of age, my mistake.

As a Berber you can raid your neighbors and raid across the sea, just not up rivers, and you can do it regardless of your religion; you just cant raid people of your religion.

edit: In my current game I'm playing as a Berber Muslim and I am loving loaded as the Empire of Hispania (I renamed it). I own all of North Africa and all of Iberia and I am waiting for Crusades to fire naturally in ~50 years before I invade France. When I go raiding I drop 30,000 men on Italy and split into two stacks then burn down two neighboring provinces at the same time. Returning 500 boats loaded with 3k gold when a 17 year old just ascended the throne goes a long way towards getting his vassals liking him. My entire demense is fully upgraded for the tech, including my vassal baronies, with all of the holdings built and all of the hospitals fully upgraded for the available tech. Its great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 11, 2016

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Ah, I had forgotten that Norse can't raid if you're going the TOTALLY BORING AND LAME route of converting to Catholic or whatever.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I wasn't sure if Heritage was the right way, thanks!

And I want to go Berber because I feel like their retinue is much better. The only benefit Norse has is that you can trade 100 gold for 200 prestige and 100 piety, but that ends in 1150 AD.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I should try Norse game with conclave

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

binge crotching posted:

I wasn't sure if Heritage was the right way, thanks!

And I want to go Berber because I feel like their retinue is much better. The only benefit Norse has is that you can trade 100 gold for 200 prestige and 100 piety, but that ends in 1150 AD.
Norse also have a bonus to adventurer chances, which can end up being pretty good but also kind of a hassle.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
They can also become adventurers without a claim to anything - they just pick some random guy to invade.

I'm not sure if that's because of Norse culture or Germanic Pagan religion, though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

At any one time in my current game (as described a few posts ago) I have 2-3 adventurers gathering men to attack me. Its a little absurd.

Also somehow the Abbasids declared a subjugation war on me even though we are both Empires :confused:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Caliph has a special subjugation CB that lets them just attack a kingdom title held by a Muslim ruler. If you're an empire they'll just add the targeted kingdom to their realm instead of yours.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

This guy is both the duke and the leader of two rebellions, apparently against himself.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Anglo-Saxon Lord Vetinari!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

How do I change who leads a siege? I was besieging Aquileia and doing fine until some shmuck showed up with an army that's about the 1/10 of the size of mine, a lower martial score and no siege leader trait and the game decided that he should be running the show instead for some reason. What the hell?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonwagon posted:

How do I change who leads a siege? I was besieging Aquileia and doing fine until some shmuck showed up with an army that's about the 1/10 of the size of mine, a lower martial score and no siege leader trait and the game decided that he should be running the show instead for some reason. What the hell?

It's based on which army starts sieging first.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite is when there's one of those bitchmade raiding parties from some irrelevant county in northern Norway camped out on a county. They've got like 200 dudes, which isn't enough to siege, so they're just skimming their .5 gold every 3 days off the top. Then you show up with a doomstack of 10k to press a claim on that county, and the raiders are like "Mah, we was here first, see? If you want to siege this mug, you gotta help us first." "What if we just kill you all and then go about our own siege? Hmmm?" "Well, you can't." And you're like oh you wily heathens. :argh: So you help this random force siege the place down, then the little bitchmade army of 200 dudes go running into the castle to loot all the poo poo. As your army goes to follow them in, some dude on the gate is like "Whoa whoa, you got to stop. You got to stop because technically we been looted, not sieged. If you want to control this holding you have to leave and then come back and siege us all over again, that's the rules!" And you're like gently caress this game.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Oh joy, if you have an ally follow you around they'll keep cockblocking your commander and you can't tell them to gently caress off. :negative: Fine, sure, lemme just extend this war a few years because Count Nobody of Backwater's imbecile son wants to play general.
This game is almost five years old, how did they not fix this yet? How hard would it be to add a select siege leader button or just calculate who would do it the fastest?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Volkerball posted:

My favorite is when there's one of those bitchmade raiding parties from some irrelevant county in northern Norway camped out on a county. They've got like 200 dudes, which isn't enough to siege, so they're just skimming their .5 gold every 3 days off the top. Then you show up with a doomstack of 10k to press a claim on that county, and the raiders are like "Mah, we was here first, see? If you want to siege this mug, you gotta help us first." "What if we just kill you all and then go about our own siege? Hmmm?" "Well, you can't." And you're like oh you wily heathens. :argh: So you help this random force siege the place down, then the little bitchmade army of 200 dudes go running into the castle to loot all the poo poo. As your army goes to follow them in, some dude on the gate is like "Whoa whoa, you got to stop. You got to stop because technically we been looted, not sieged. If you want to control this holding you have to leave and then come back and siege us all over again, that's the rules!" And you're like gently caress this game.

Not that this is generally an issue, because you come back and the garrison are still all dead.

HRE merchant republics with a vassalised Pope sure do make a lot of money, don't they? I have 120K in the kitty and am earning 3K a year. I may build hospitals across the entire of Italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Would making anybody at war with the county holder also hostile to the raiding party work as a fix or would that cause some problem I'm not thinking of?

• Locked thread