Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Montasque posted:

Like that time we created a narrative that Clinton was going to win in a landslide?

BLUE TEXAS YAAAAAS QUEEN ABUELA!!!!!!!!

there was no easily digestable narrative, Turmp's was MAGA. what was Clinton's alpha male strongman narrative? there wasn't one, it was a meandering jumbling mess of time wasting explanations and facts. all that matters is easily digestible platitudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

I would be so much more confident in the next four years if The Rock was president.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

shaun king is a huge piece of poo poo, please dont share his garbage

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

sure

why not

gently caress it

It would be fun to watch Trump try and loom over him in a debate heh

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Terror Sweat posted:

no gently caress you for being limp and weak, nothing matters.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Trump is gonna look like emperor palpatine in like 1 year. Dude doesn't exercise and eats a bunch of mcdonalds all the time and he's about to enter the physical woodchipper that people laugh at Obama over. His tailor is a goddamn wizard but even he's not going to be able to stop this.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The Rock mentioning that reminds me of the crazy Hawaiian Nationalist that wanted Trump because he thought Trump would respect his people's native lands and culture, possibly even freeing Hawaii from American rule and giving them back the islands.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Only the second WWE star to win the presidency. Sad!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Admiral Ray posted:

The Rock mentioning that reminds me of the crazy Hawaiian Nationalist that wanted Trump because he thought Trump would respect his people's native lands and culture, possibly even freeing Hawaii from American rule and giving them back the islands.

The most rabid Trump fan on my FB feed is a native guy who traveled cross country to the DAPL protests. Twice.

:cripes:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Harry Reid on the way out

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Venom Snake posted:

If he got the new progressive DNC behind him he absolutely could

A taste of the 2020 debates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNcw51NDQo

Being a WWE hall of famer is now more important than serving in government or the military.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

The absolute worst part of this whole massive gently caress-up of an election season imo is that Trump has legitimized celebrity runs for office.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Truga posted:

I'm sure this was around already but

Looks like his strategy paid off. Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-qFc27kIFg

There is absolutely no drat way this is real

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
no more political dynasties for me!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

maybe Kevin Nash could run for president

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Agrajag posted:

all that matters is easily digestible platitudes

All that matters is lying. Lying wins elections. Literally telling people all of their dreams will come true. Because lying to people makes their wittle feewings better which, in Trumps' post-PC dystopian nightmare is apparently the loving thing that the intelligentsia has to do with the loving rubes.

Because pushing economic policy on people who buy made-in-china hats from a proudly ignorant dipshit making vague hand-wavy references to granting their wishes is going to win back voters.

Democrats are hosed forever (along with the rest of the country) now that Repub-controlled enclaves will have a friendly SCOTUS to make sure their vote-suppression tactics expand undeterred.

But we should be thinking of the feewings of those anti-pc fucksticks. LOL.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Agrajag posted:

there was no easily digestable narrative, Turmp's was MAGA. what was Clinton's alpha male strongman narrative? there wasn't one, it was a meandering jumbling mess of time wasting explanations and facts. all that matters is easily digestible platitudes

Agreed on this bigly.

Vote The Rock 2020. Smackdown Champion 1998-2001.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the people's elbow!!!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Stone Cold Steve Austin has the southern vote on lock

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cant afford it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Former Everything posted:

All that matters is lying. Lying wins elections. Literally telling people all of their dreams will come true. Because lying to people makes their wittle feewings better which, in Trumps' post-PC dystopian nightmare is apparently the loving thing that the intelligentsia has to do with the loving rubes.

Because pushing economic policy on people who buy made-in-china hats from a proudly ignorant dipshit making vague hand-wavy references to granting their wishes is going to win back voters.

Democrats are hosed forever (along with the rest of the country) now that Repub-controlled enclaves will have a friendly SCOTUS to make sure their vote-suppression tactics expand undeterred.

But we should be thinking of the feewings of those anti-pc fucksticks. LOL.

nice meltdown
edit: can we rename this forum to the molten salt reactor again

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Telephones posted:

it's been debunked a million times that it's false

this sounds very familiar

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/797099730417369089

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/797100944446160896

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Telephones posted:

You're right, Trump will be the first guy who will fulfill every single one of his campaign promises and didn't lie at all to his constituency.

I swear, you guys freaking out have more faith in Donald Trump than you have in basically anything else, it's unreal. He really is the God Emperor cometh. This is how Warhammer 40k begins.

Also he was wrong, he actually pulled pretty poo poo numbers, but his opponent was just that much worse.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I bet Ken Bone voted Trump.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

The absolute worst part of this whole massive gently caress-up of an election season imo is that Trump has legitimized celebrity runs for office.

That was Reagan who did that actually.

Also, fittingly enough, Trump lifted Reagan's slogan

Terror Sweat posted:

Oh, word?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Palin is being floated for secretary of the interior. I can't believe Jacob's Ladder was a real thing, you guys

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Montasque posted:

Mike Pence is taking over the transitional team.

This is the only trans team Pence will ever support.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Serf posted:

lmao if you think parker and stone are ever gonna realize the error of their ways

they'll be trump fans soon enough
everyone is going to watch them again, their libertarian neoliberal platitudes will be meaningful again, and people who used them as a crutch to get through bush ii are going to drop hella nostalgia money on whatever they produce despite spending the last 8 years disavowing them on twitter/tumblr/etc

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

a.lo posted:

maybe Kevin Nash could run for president

He would tear a quad going up to a podium.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Vertical Lime posted:

it's been debunked a million times that it's false

this sounds very familiar

this, this poo poo right here is why Trumpmerica is a thing now. weak

oh no lets defend the poor orange fascist from lies. so weak

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 11, 2016

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Montasque posted:

A taste of the 2020 debates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNcw51NDQo

Being a WWE hall of famer is now more important than serving in government or the military.

I remember in 2008 in regard to Which presidential candidate would be better for comedy Jon Stewart said something along the lines of it would be difficult to top the absurdity of the Bush Administration.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/caitlinnowens/status/797101890089709568
Best case if they do touch it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

I bet Ken Bone voted Trump.

meme recognizes meme

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Takoluka posted:

This is the only trans team Pence will ever support.

Oh, Pence is more inclusive than that: He also supports the transition of gay people gibbering wrecks through shock therapy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You're right, Trump will be the first guy who will fulfill every single one of his campaign promises and didn't lie at all to his constituency.

I swear, you guys freaking out have more faith in Donald Trump than you have in basically anything else, it's unreal. He really is the God Emperor cometh. This is how Warhammer 40k begins.

Also he was wrong, he actually pulled pretty poo poo numbers, but his opponent was just that much worse.

Trump doesn't have to fulfill those campaign promises, but he's definitely gonna try to fulfill the ones about bringing back torture, ignoring civil rights abuses, killing Planned Parenthood, sucking Putin's dick, militarizing Japan, and getting boots on the ground in Syria.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I have no idea who these "senior GOP aides" are, nor, frankly, what this website is, but

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/obamacare-repeal-more-like-reform-caitlin-owens?published=t

quote:

Capitol Hill Republicans are still shocked that their wildest Obamacare repeal dreams just came true. But there’s a very real possibility the entire law isn’t repealed; it just gets significantly changed.

How 2 senior GOP aides we talked to described it:

• "It’s going to be more massive reform”

• Healthcare in the U.S. will be improved “through a rewrite of Obamacare”

To be clear: Republicans will likely call whatever they end up doing Obamacare repeal, especially publicly. And when you end up with something vastly different, what’s the difference?

What they say they won’t get rid of:

Pre-existing condition coverage
Letting children to stay on their parents’ plan until age 26
Lifetime caps on coverage
Medicaid expansion (but it will look different)

What they say they will go after:

Essential health benefits (insurers won’t have to cover as many things)
Age rating bands (bigger range of premiums will be allowed)

There’s no step-by-step plan yet -- because they had never planned for a President Trump. “We’re in rapid detox of holy crap, we have to actually do this,” the first aide told me.

e: beeeeaten

e2: I mean I know what linkedin is but I didn't know they had a news division

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 11, 2016

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

rock/kanye 2020 durr hurr hurr

Slow-Scan Shep fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 11, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm glad Donald Trump will be the joke used in the Back to the Future reboot in 2025

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Also hopefully Medicare donut hole fix. And all the other poo poo that the average person doesn't know about like regulatory poo poo and hospital compensation poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

lol I am never trusting in any optimism about what the Trump administration will do until it actually happens. I'll believe that parts of the ACA are staying when I see it.

mood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34oX8Fijvq8

• Locked thread