Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Please god

just remove the Score > Commercial > Kickoff > Commercial sequence if anything. People have hated it for years and it has never made sense. A commercial break after a score makes sense. Not two.

and maybe a little more variety because it's possible to see the same ad twice in one break, for sure in subsequent breaks

Fuckin' for real.

Score > PAT > Commercial > Kick off > Next loving drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Kalli posted:

Randy Gregory smoked weed again and is now Josh Gordoned forever.

Next time I smoke I will take a minute to appreciate the fact that I'm doing something apparently valued more than an NFL career.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Addiction is hosed up, yo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Febreeze posted:

Please god

just remove the Score > Commercial > Kickoff > Commercial sequence if anything. People have hated it for years and it has never made sense. A commercial break after a score makes sense. Not two.

and maybe a little more variety because it's possible to see the same ad twice in one break, for sure in subsequent breaks

This would be awesome.

For as hard as football is to watch at times, baseball is still a million times worse but like you said eliminating the infamous Score > Commercial > Kickoff > Commercial would make it soooooo much better.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Maybe they should just run commercials in an overlay between the goalposts during kicks and have sponsored touchdown reviews.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Honestly i wouldnt even mind if a small pop up box with a commercial appeared during the PAT and kickoff. Like the way Fox advertises new series and things

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

So far in 2016, Flags per game is averaging 16.82. In 2015, it was 16.21; 2014 was 15.91; 2013 was 13.62

I blame the Raiders.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I blame the Raiders.

Richard Sherman alone should be averaging 16.82 flags per game. Yes I'm still bitter. :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Richard Sherman alone should be averaging 16.82 flags per game. Yes I'm still bitter. :colbert:

:colbert:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000737148/article/nate-boyer-has-epic-salute-to-service-experience-with-hawks

:barf:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I thought the problem was that they didn't throw the flag

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Brain Curry posted:

Next time I smoke I will take a minute to appreciate the fact that I'm doing something apparently valued more than an NFL career.

Don't think about it that way. Instead think "Man, I get to experience pain relief without the risk of physical dependency while NFL players, who actually subject their body to extreme violence on a weekly basis, are prescribed fistfuls of extremely addictive and dangerous opiates that have a significant risk of jeopardizing their futures, not to mention their lives and the lives of the people around them".

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seattle has ranked at least in the top eight in penalty disparity every year since 2011 and people want them penalized more, what a joke. The refs try their best every game to screw the seahawks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

I thought the problem was that they didn't throw the flag

"should be" implies that it's not happening, friend :science:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Seattle has ranked at least in the top eight in penalty disparity every year since 2011 and people want them penalized more, what a joke. The refs try their best every game to screw the seahawks

Man you had a few good posts in a row then you drop a turd on us cmon man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"should be" implies that it's not happening, friend :science:

Whoops, was rushing through the thread and read that wrong :shobon:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

beer with your team on it would be a funny ad to laugh at in idiocracy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

beer with your team on it would be a funny ad to laugh at in idiocracy

:negative:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Dredging up the weed subject again:

NFL players union considers cannabis via pain management committee

quote:

A few months ago it [the NFLPA] began to develop a pain management committee that will include active and former players as well as medical experts and researchers devoted to addressing chronic pain among players.

Assessing the potential of cannabis as an alternative pain reliever will be one aspect of the committee’s focus, but certainly not the only.

The union could not release the full list of members or many specifics of the committee’s plan or tasks, but it did announce two of its members: former Ravens offensive lineman Eugene Monroe and Titans linebacker Derrick Morgan. The pair, along with Plummer and other former players, have spearheaded the push for cannabis allowance in the NFL and have pressed the league and union to take a harder look at pain management among both former and current players.

The NFL and NFLPA operate by the rules of their collective bargaining agreement, which runs through the 2020 season. But the drug policies were amended in 2014 and could be altered again, before the agreement expires.

For Plummer and others who have pushed for greater awareness in not just cannabis allowance, but also general pain management and change in the NFL, the rise of a devoted committee holds promise.

“It’s a great step in the right direction,” he said. “It’s progressive, which, a lot of times in the NFL and what they do, they’re not progressive.”

Huh.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Where do I volunteer to assist them with their studies?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean, those studies will be technically federally illegal, so it presents an interesting challenge to the status of the substance.

It'll probably not happen for that very reason, but I'm not sure a fight between the DOJ and NFL is something either wants.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/797154387973939200

Chiefs gonna get their asses kicked

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

*giggles like an idiot*

Man, get outta here with this bullshit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

In most games (this year) I'd rather have a healthy Ware than Maclin if you made me choose one, but with the way the Panthers are built/not built not having him hurts. On the other hand he lasted a whole 2 snaps before going out last week, so I'm sure he really needs the time off.

Howard sucks too, I'm not surprised at all that Houston isn't playing though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

:siren: :siren: top 8 in the last 5 years??!?!?!??!?!?! :siren: :siren:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A team that commits a ton of fouls that should be penalized is one of the most penalized teams!? Weird, what could be the explanation other than bias?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Commercial break after a kick makes sense for defensive starters that play special teams imo

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
When teams face the Seahawks they are penalized less

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This legitimately might beat Buttfumble for funniest football thing I've ever seen

He celebrates by spiking a ball that rebounds directly into his dick, gets immediately shoved to the ground by the guy he's taunting, and falls back into an opposing player who accidentally legdrops him when he himself falls

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

This legitimately might beat Buttfumble for funniest football thing I've ever seen

He celebrates by spiking a ball that rebounds directly into his dick, gets immediately shoved to the ground by the guy he's taunting, and falls back into an opposing player who accidentally legdrops him when he himself falls

Thanks for breaking down the gif

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are still down Oher, kalil and their other center.

I don't want to hear it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Also he gets flagged for unsportsmanlike

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I thought the flag was for the push to the face?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

I thought the flag was for the push to the face?

I don't actually know so I choose to believe it's for the spike

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I just ate a weed cookie and am flying to New Orleans in a few hours. Pray for me goons

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm in NOLA this weekend as well. Odd.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kalli posted:

Maybe they should just run commercials in an overlay between the goalposts during kicks and have sponsored touchdown reviews.

i wondered why they don't do the thing soccer teams and rugby teams do where they digitally project the ad onto the field

like poo poo i'd watch ads picture-in-picture if it meant i didn't have to be cut away from the action every 2 minutes

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Let's get some sponsored touchdown celebrations in here already.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah Sharpie should have paid Terrell Owens for his celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

gotcha covered, hoss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPAOx85dhpk

• Locked thread