Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't know if I just have a Salandit with the worst Def stat of all time, but it's level 32 and its defence is even lower than that.

Its got 40 base Def, so its pretty bad overall.

Doesn't even get much better as Salazzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zore posted:

Its got 40 base Def, so its pretty bad overall.

Doesn't even get much better as Salazzle.

Awful.
I'm quite close to boxing it. It's nearly unusable.

I'm enjoying the game but nothing is really striking me as a must have for my team. I'm not especially into any of the new 'mons.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

When does Slandit evolve?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I caught a Growlithe quite early on, fully intending to box him as soon as I had a replacement fire-type because I'm not really into Arcanine. I could not find a female Salandit before I gave up and the only other fire type I have encountered is Magby. Arcanine is now by far my MVP and it will be hard to get rid of him because while I still want to replace him with something more interesting, he keeps doing cute things in battle like asking to be petted and remembering when we first met. I don't even dote on him in Refresh other than to use it for the free poison/paralyze/burn healing!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

33, Female only.

The Police Officer class of trainer is hilarious.
Decidueye can't learn Fly despite being an Owl.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Unsure of level, but it's like Combee in that only females evolve, and it has a 7:1 ratio like the starters.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dodrio can, despite being an ostrich.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pentaro posted:

Dodrio can, despite being an ostrich.

Also, Tropius.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Yeah, but Tropius has actual, functional wings. Which doesn't excuse Decidueye.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
It's a ghost so you can't grab onto it. Otherwise all of those fighting type grabs would work.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Decus posted:

It's a ghost so you can't grab onto it. Otherwise all of those fighting type grabs would work.

If that were true, you wouldn't be able to pet ghost types in the amie.

I've always kind of guessed that ghost types are selectively intangible.

Besides, Drifblim is a ghost that learns fly.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Yeah, but Tropius has actual, functional wings. Which doesn't excuse Decidueye.

Decidueye is clearly a land owl, not a sky owl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXb8S4weykM

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

33, Female only.

The Police Officer class of trainer is hilarious.

Salazzle is female-only? This is good to know.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dodrio jumps.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Decidueye is specifically based of a species of flightless owl that was native to Hawaii. It's extinct now, hence the Ghost typing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Supremezero posted:

Besides, Drifblim is a ghost that learns fly.

so is Golurk

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, those ghosts aren't dicks though. Look at Dartix's hair flips and then try to tell me it wouldn't go intangible mid-flight and laugh.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

less laughter posted:

so is Golurk

Rocket legs

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so is Pokemon Generations ever gonna make good on its "untold stories" promise or is it all just gonna be stuff from the games but also the game protags may or may not be there with maybe a few side things of absolutely no consequence?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Decus posted:

Yeah, those ghosts aren't dicks though. Look at Dartix's hair flips and then try to tell me it wouldn't go intangible mid-flight and laugh.
You're saying that the balloon ghost that tries to carry children away to hell isn't a dick

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RealFoxy posted:

You're saying that the balloon ghost that tries to carry children away to hell isn't a dick

poo poo.

Your character is a child.

They willingly fly on this monster.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TFRazorsaw posted:

so is Pokemon Generations ever gonna make good on its "untold stories" promise or is it all just gonna be stuff from the games but also the game protags may or may not be there with maybe a few side things of absolutely no consequence?

That's essentially what this series is. Just a bunch of side stories with the NPCs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's essentially what this series is. Just a bunch of side stories with the NPCs.

but it's not side stories. It's just "the events of the game but the NPCs are the focus".

Stuff like Charon's childhood with Rotom, Cyrus's backstory, or finding out who the hell Aster was would be more interesting. But no, it's just retreads of the stuff we already know, with the rare instance of "Courtney has a pointless vision".

Cheryl's was the most interesting because it wasn't a pointless retread.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That's what the manga's for

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

pokemon adventures doesn't really follow the games' plots at all though

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
I enjoyed Gabby and Ty's heist; but then I just enjoy seeing what a world with Pokemon looks like.

The BW ones might be fun.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I also enjoyed PokeSWAT's raid on Giovanni's gym.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

they're all untold stories, they're just not new things. like looker talking to silver isn't something you've seen before but it doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know. they didn't say generations was supposed to do that tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Generations is just youtube garbo to get the weak westerners excited for the new pokemon by giving "adult" pokemon with death. Sometimes a good short comes out of this.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

It's not the kind of dick to go intangible mid-flight! It needs to carry its child trainer around just fine in order to earn its trust and then go for the hell-run afterwards.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Generations is just youtube garbo to get the weak westerners excited for the new pokemon by giving "adult" pokemon with death. Sometimes a good short comes out of this.

... what?

There's no 'adult pokemon with death' stuff? The closest thing to that, Cyrus in the Distortion World, is literally an event that happens almost shot for shot in the game.

Also here's the version exclusives for anyone wondering

Sun: Solgaleo, UB02-Absorption, UB04-Blade, Lycanroc Midday, Turtonator, Passimian, A-Ninetales, Garchomp, Goodra, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott.
Moon: Lunala, UB02-Beauty, UB04-Blaster, Lycanroc Midnight, Drampa, Oranguru, A-Sandslash, Metagross, Flygon, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant.

Confirmed that Sun gets Rampardos/Carracosta and Moon gets Bastiodon/Archeops as fossils.

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 11, 2016

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I really enjoyed that Generations short. For me the strongest ones have been the Giovanni's Gym and the Diamond/Pearl teamup characters.

Every legendary episode just makes me roll my eyes. The Ruby Sapphire ones especially.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pre-ordered Moon on amazon prime, and its saying that it doesn't have a delivery estimate yet. Does that mean I won't be getting this on release date?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Someone at Smogon came up with a thrilling strategy for Oricorio and Oranguru in triples:

quote:

Volcarona used Quiver Dance!
Volcarona's Special Attack rose! Volcarona's Special Defense rose! Volcarona's Speed rose!

[Oricorio's Dancer!]
Oricorio used Quiver Dance!
Oricorio's Special Attack rose! Oricorio's Special Defense rose! Oricorio's Speed rose!

Oranguru used Instruct!
Oranguru instructed Volcarona!

Volcarona used Quiver Dance!
Volcarona's Special Attack rose! Volcarona's Special Defense rose! Volcarona's Speed rose!

[Oricorio's Dancer!]
Oricorio used Quiver Dance!
Oricorio's Special Attack rose! Oricorio's Special Defense rose! Oricorio's Speed rose!

And then Oricorio gets to attack. This is all during one single turn, mind. :aaa:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

less laughter posted:

Someone at Smogon came up with a thrilling strategy for Oricorio and Oranguru in triples:

And then Oricorio gets to attack. This is all during one single turn, mind. :aaa:

But Triple Battles don't exist anymore.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i loving swear, blue, i will kill you with my lovely underleveled pokemon

if i can get you down to blastoise with pokemon that are ~20 levels lower than yours, i can loving land that Exeggutor's solarbeam.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

they're all untold stories, they're just not new things. like looker talking to silver isn't something you've seen before but it doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know. they didn't say generations was supposed to do that tho

it's the Celebi event from HGSS with a different framing device. The actual flashback is pretty much the same.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
eat it, you piece of poo poo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

it's the Celebi event from HGSS with a different framing device. The actual flashback is pretty much the same.

It sucks they didn't show him getting defeated though. The casual fan is just going to think he's out there still training to bring back Team Rocket (completely ignoring the ~20 year time gap)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

eat it, you piece of poo poo

How did you end up getting there with an underleveled team?