Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
unblacklist kimsemus from the funperium but just make it so he can't join any of the good corps with active people in it, just the lovely ones like goonwaffe

meatmccartney posted:

Kim and Angelique make me want to be a goon. What am I missing out on?

being a goon is a very special honor, you have to pass many tests. It's one of the highest honors, in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

This was the response I wanted from Mittens "Who are you? yeah whatever"

Instead of

Mittens: You!?
Zeph: oh crap

What happened to the reliably disconnected directorate?

This was actually a pretty good post.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

i think what rubs me the wrong way is that kim never actually offers any reason why anyone would benefit from having him in: theres nobody who is like "you know who i want in, kim, he's great", its just an endless recitation that he deserves to be in, it is unjust to fail to let him in, whine whine whine, how dare we not let him in, whine whine whine

like, i look at kim's posting in this thread and, like, even if i assumed that he shouldn't have been banned, i would conclude it was a happy accident that shouldn't be reversed

and that is without even knowing about a year long campaign to get into a goon star citizen guild, lawl, i can't even describe how many things are wrong with that

Since when is Goonwaffe about what you bring to a table. It is a space guild in a space game who membership requirement is to be somewhat active on SA. But if you are talking about your logic then his posts are way more amusing then yours so that's a benefit. But even by the ACTUAL standards that exist he is a great benefit because is active in the goon community as a whole, and is simply not being let in goonwaffe b/c people who have power in a video games think its real power. maybe. probably.

Then i am stuck just because I know him. So explain that?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
you're already a goon ostensibly you just have to click a pap once in some entirely-reasonable amount of time. The best part of being in waffe proper is the no do-stuff requirement.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Daco Vato posted:

you're already a goon ostensibly you just have to click a pap once in some entirely-reasonable amount of time. The best part of being in waffe proper is the no do-stuff requirement.

Now that I've found the secret "goonwaffe" jabber channel, my experience is complete (or at least as less-terrible as it gets).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
guys i'm entitled to join goonwaffe and will not stop posting about it until i get in

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

guys i'm entitled to join goonwaffe and will not stop posting about it until i get in

Too bad you're not entitled to play Eve. Has CCP made any progress on the petitions?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Too bad you're not entitled to play Eve. Has CCP made any progress on the petitions?

i'm not banned, 20 other gankers are. and no.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

justsharkbait posted:

Since when is Goonwaffe about what you bring to a table

theres only 6-7 people from waffe that post here anyways

nobody posts on gf.com except karmafleet regurgitating spicy memes

free everyone currently blacklisted

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zephyrine posted:

I miss all the people, and Eve outside GSF is not worth playing :smith:

It's almost as if that was what we built our tribal identity around, and the main thing that kept goonfleet cohesive for all those 2006-2010 years!

And it kinda makes people who luv 2 eve a little bit more suspicious. Like, for people who left in a negative way.

Kimsemus posted:

No, it's more about the absurd mental gymnastics that lead someone to conclude that I need to prove some kind of benefit to goonwaffe to be let back in

The benefit can be as small as shutting up the "free whoever" threads.

justsharkbait posted:

It is a space guild in a space game who membership requirement is to be somewhat active on SA.

Yeah but y'all were not that, you guys came over from ~traditional enemy~ NCdot. Sorry that you get the extra suspicion treatment, but that's what has happened throughout time to turncoats. You either prove yourself indispensable & enthusiastically loyal to your new masters, or you keep your head down so they never have reason to notice you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcibiades is a good read

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 hours!)

Daco Vato posted:

yes it has worked wonders for paco "goonfriend" vato such as

Oh shut up for once you immense infant.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Patch notes posted:

The skill queue will now pause and restart without intervention after a Clone Jump.

Literally all I have ever wanted from a patch. My deepest respect to whichever poor sap spent the last 2 years unraveling the code to allow this to be possible.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
https://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-eve-online-ascension/

Patch notes are up, start looking for the fun fixes that change everything.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Man, now, long after our exeit, I realize that I missed an opportunity when I didn't try to recruit Kimsemus right after he was purged just to put him forward as representative to all the channels that no one used to talk to us anyway

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

quote:

If you are returning after lapse, the faction chosen at character creation will be used to determine which skill list you have as an Alpha
RIP being able to fly anything but lovely tristans

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

SperginMcBadposter posted:

RIP being able to fly anything but lovely tristans

All Vexors and Thoraxes, all the time. Maybe a Celestis or VNI or two. Don't lose hope.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Spice World War II posted:

Man, now, long after our exeit, I realize that I missed an opportunity when I didn't try to recruit Kimsemus right after he was purged just to put him forward as representative to all the channels that no one used to talk to us anyway

you hosed up mo

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'd rather just be able to fly minmatar or amarr stuff. The racial lock-in is dumb.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Have CCP ever explained what will happen to unsubbed accounts with characters in space in a disallowed ship type?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Maneck posted:

Have CCP ever explained what will happen to unsubbed accounts with characters in space in a disallowed ship type?

You can fly it but you don't get bonuses and once you dock it you can't undock it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

For the record, my personal policy is that most of the shitbags in this channel should be allowed to rejoin Goons, on the condition that they never be given any sort of responsibility (or loans) ever again.

Some of them have hosed us, in ways large and small, and we shouldn't trust. And frankly, I don't know why the gently caress they even want back into Goons -- we're loving stupid, and there are plenty of SA-affiliated groups out there that are not GSF that they could apply to, like ISRAD. But as long as their damage is contained, frankly, gently caress it. The average idiocy in GSF is already quite high, judging by all the Trump sperg in elysium; adding a few more idiots won't move the needle much.

(This post brought to you by your least favorite disconnected ex-director)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're in elysium you're doing it to yourself

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ullerrm posted:

we're loving stupid

not really stupid, just bad at eve

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Wrong.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

very wrong

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

Yeah but y'all were not that, you guys came over from ~traditional enemy~ NCdot. Sorry that you get the extra suspicion treatment, but that's what has happened throughout time to turncoats. You either prove yourself indispensable & enthusiastically loyal to your new masters, or you keep your head down so they never have reason to notice you.

Yes we were though. I mean that is flat out wrong. We were both members of SA long before we decided to join goons in EVE.

Just because we did not play with goons in EVE at the time doesn't mean we didn't qualify. The only people who gave us extra suspicion was NC who strongly disliked the fact we wrote for TMC.

The main reason i wanted to leave was because the goon hate got really old. They knew i was a SA member and writer for TMC and I got nothing but poo poo about it. SO to then join up to goonwaffe to have the kim stuff go down, then get blacklisted myself despite not being a part of the situation or involved is bullshit.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

why not just get the people you like to play with to join up with you instead

seems like the whole thing is pretty easy to solve on your end if you can't convince whoever is in charge of whatever you're talking about to do a thing

like do you even need to be in the same alliance, why not just get some ships and go shoot stuff or whatever it is people do in this game

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

But as long as their damage is contained, frankly, gently caress it. The average idiocy in GSF is already quite high, judging by all the Trump sperg in elysium; adding a few more idiots won't move the needle much.

I kinda like how Elysium was put forth as a method to be in contact with directors as a kind of live aad thing but asking any right thinking goon to join it is viewed with the same distaste as sharing a picture collection of your latest bowel movements.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
all forms of politics discussion should be shunned for at least the next month anyways

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Why do you want to rejoin an org that treated you like that

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

4th Horseman posted:

because other orgs treat their members worse

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

the dude just said he was relentlessly poo poo on by his own alliance (ncdot) for posting here and writing for tmc

pandemic legion members dont even get basic quality of life things like reimbursement despite being wealthy enought to uh.. how was it xolve put it: wealthy enough to welp several supercap fleets

any other alliance is a pet of someone and you're treated like a renter

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

eh i dunno anything about how other alliances do their poo poo so i ain't gonna try to fit that into my argument

if the guy just wants to play with his friends, sounds like he should just play with his friends and not waste his time with what is obviously a broken, awful organization with no redeeming qualities

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

eh i dunno anything about how other alliances do their poo poo so i ain't gonna try to fit that into my argument

if the guy just wants to play with his friends, sounds like he should just play with his friends and not waste his time with what is obviously a broken, awful organization with no redeeming qualities

From the sounds of things though, one of them got blacklisted for being associated with the other because they were blacklisted. Which would, in turn, make other people in GSF not want to do stuff in eve online: a terrible game with them, lest they suffer the same fate

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

working mom posted:

From the sounds of things though, one of them got blacklisted for being associated with the other because they were blacklisted. Which would, in turn, make other people in GSF not want to do stuff in eve online: a terrible game with them, lest they suffer the same fate

if that's the case then i'm sure folks will vote with their feet

problem solves itself nicely

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

4th Horseman posted:

Orange Red Bull posted:

because other orgs treat their members worse

Also its not the org.

Its a very few people who abused their power for personal reasons.

GSF has always treated me fine. Outside of GSF/Imperium and a few low sec alliances, groups in EVE treat their members horribly because they take this game too seriously.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm still stuck on it being acceptable to boot goons out of goonfleet because random person didn't like what they did in another game. "Missed that shot in WoT? Well we're just going to strip your capswarm roles and throw you out because at 5000 posts you aren't a REAL goon anyways, please don't look at the CEO's postcount."

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

justsharkbait posted:

Outside of GSF/Imperium and a few low sec alliances

is the bolded part not an option for you guys or something, idgi

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

is the bolded part not an option for you guys or something, idgi

They were pretty clear that they play a lot of other games with their goonfleet friends, and would like to play eve with them too. They were kicked for bad reasons that ya'll keep doubling down on with easily verifiable false "Made up" facts idgi either.

Seems like the easiest thing to do would be like "Oops we made a stupid and thought dbrb was smart again, we'll lift the blacklist but we are going to keep an eye on you" but that would mean you'd have to admit that you listened to dbrb and that would just make you look stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm still stuck on it being acceptable to boot goons out of goonfleet because random person didn't like what they did in another game. "Missed that shot in WoT? Well we're just going to strip your capswarm roles and throw you out because at 5000 posts you aren't a REAL goon anyways, please don't look at the CEO's postcount."

I'm fairly certain that Mittens official SA account is mainly for Eve stuff now. To keep the spaceship related people out of his other chill threads on his other account(s)

To not get reddit threads like "Lol Mittens likes drink root beer with his filet mignon, what a gay"

• Locked thread