Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Wakka is cool

i don't remember anything about him except he's named after fozzie bear's famous catchphrase and plays blitzball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4ETTcIcQk

Beautiful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't remember anything about him except he's named after fozzie bear's famous catchphrase and plays blitzball

He's also really racist until he meets his hot cousin who belongs to race he hates and then he's cool with the whole thing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

He puts his seed in lulu which makes me unbeliavably jealous

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's better Ride ze shoopuff! or the metal song in XIII-2 that growls Come on you think you can ride this chocobo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
crazy chocobo is the greatest song in ff history

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

What's better Ride ze shoopuff! or the metal song in XIII-2 that growls Come on you think you can ride this chocobo

for some reason the music and the setting of x2 final boss really stuck with me. I think because it is so good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I would have to say riding the shoopuff.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played an hour of siren before I tried out Rouge Galaxy and I think this game is the sickest thing ever wow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a Japan only demo of FFXV that I might download tonight. Apparently it's quite large though, the first half of Chapter 1. The only thing discouraging me is that it's apparently locked on Easy difficulty. I wanna see how they've changed combat since Duscae which was, drat, 2 years ago now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

crazy chocobo is the greatest song in ff history
hahaha I'd never heard this before. it owns

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

hahaha I'd never heard this before. it owns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Wakka is cool

he marries lulu

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i realy want to play the demo but can't be assed to make a japanese account

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i realy want to play the demo but can't be assed to make a japanese account

I made one for the Japanese dragon quest builders demo. I can make a gameplay video of it tomorrow if you're interested

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

In Training posted:

I made one for the Japanese dragon quest builders demo. I can make a gameplay video of it tomorrow if you're interested

i am interest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Passed up on merchant because I hadnt been hurting for money most of Bravely Second and the next town, wow! I need fat stacks to upgrade now. Gonna have to be conservative going forward. Also FFXV downloading...its a FF kind of saturday

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm going through ff1 and besides the first dungeon where you have to grind for a while to get a good level range just to survive getting to the bottom it's a cooler game than I thought it might be for being so archaic.

Its dungeons are real drat challenges though, there's lots of enemy combinations that are murderous or can lock down the entire party on sleep or paralyze so it's best to just run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I'm going through ff1 and besides the first dungeon where you have to grind for a while to get a good level range just to survive getting to the bottom it's a cooler game than I thought it might be for being so archaic.

Its dungeons are real drat challenges though, there's lots of enemy combinations that are murderous or can lock down the entire party on sleep or paralyze so it's best to just run.

NES or GBA?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

NES or GBA?

Nes because i found an old nintendo power strategy guide for it so I got inspired.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Here's a handy hint from the pros:

The most important tip for surviving this dungeon is carrying 99 health potions with you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Here's a handy hint from the pros:

The most important tip for surviving this dungeon is carrying 99 health potions with you.

lol. Ive never completed NES but its a fairly impressive game, and an interesting counterpoint to DQ1. GBA is really cool though, its like a reimagining of the original that looks and sounds great and is a ton of fun. Its the first FF I ever played

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i remember that in ff1 all classes but WM and Fighter were useless and a 3x Fighter and a White Mage would rear end rape everything.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ran into a party of 5 mancats in a tower, they got the all enemies attack first bonus and just kept casting fire 2 so my entire party died before I could even pick a combat option.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoever said the demo had English voice/text was a liar!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game has gotten way smoother and the camera is sooo much better than the demos. I suddenly got extremely excited for XV again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This game has gotten way smoother and the camera is sooo much better than the demos. I suddenly got extremely excited for XV again
I'm downloading the platinum demo just because I'm curious, although I've heard it's not as good. But I haven't played an FF demo since FF8, so I'm pumped. I have it on preorder anyway because I love Final Fantasy. I hope all the 13 games get ported to PS4 with framerate improvements and such.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If the multiplayer in this really is co-op of the whole game that would be insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only did the tutorial and I'm skipping the cutscenes bc I don't want to see anything yet. The graphics are incredible as excepted for FF

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoilers for those who don't want to know the opening gameplay scene: you start by very slowly pushing your car because it's out of gas and as you start rolling into the desert landscape Stand By Me starts playing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Spoilers for those who don't want to know the opening gameplay scene: you start by very slowly pushing your car because it's out of gas and as you start rolling into the desert landscape Stand By Me starts playing
Owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In a neat touch the way you find out about quests and local map markers is to talk to people in the bar, which is what you do in every JRPG ever.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

hell yea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a mechanic in this game where you make a guy level up his Photography skill so he can take sexier selfies just hanging out shirtless with the boys, maybe bulge is visible haha. Fun in the sun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my God he takes photos while you're playing whenever something badass happens and when you rest to distribute XP it also brings up a camera roll of everything and let's you save the PNGs to your hard drive.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He puts his seed in lulu which makes me unbeliavably jealous

i don't remember anything about lulu even tho a huge tit goth mom panders directly to me, that's how bad ffx is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

There's a Japan only demo of FFXV that I might download tonight. Apparently it's quite large though, the first half of Chapter 1. The only thing discouraging me is that it's apparently locked on Easy difficulty. I wanna see how they've changed combat since Duscae which was, drat, 2 years ago now

i've seen some cool bugs and bad ai thanks to japanese twitter feeds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

video is uploading now as well, just of the first quest you do. It's like 5 minutes long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CfUQV72m4