Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

acksplode posted:

Bloodborne and Witcher 3 both load noticeably faster on an SSD-equipped Pro: http://gearnuke.com/first-ps4-pro-ssd-footage-shows-extremely-impressive-load-times-bloodborne/

Is there a consensus yet on the best 2TB SSD for this thing? I figure it's not that big a deal, just get a 2.5" Seagate and don't worry too much, but I've never paid attention to PS4 disk upgrade stuff so I dunno if there are any compatibility gotchas here.

edit: jesus gently caress I just browsed newegg and apparently SSDs at that density are still crazy expensive. Not paying more for the disk than I do the Pro so neeeeevermind. 2TB HDD it is.

I mean, 2tb SSD? Do you really want to spend 600 bucks on this thing?

SSHD for marginal improvements, you can get the Firecuda for 120.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Why did I wait to order the 2TB drive again?

PS4Pro sitting on the counter since yesterday. 2TB drive shows up Monday. Oh well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Steep Beta: Better than the Alpha, in a tedhnical sense. Tightened up. Better graphics and performance, too. But I wonder if that is some to do with my PRO.

Still kind of bland.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'd love a steep beta code if anyone has one they won't use

Edit: Someone grabbed that bottom one from the last page already

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 11, 2016

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I rarely play ps4 on the 4k but i remember how everything looked slightly poo poo when I tried it on it. A stable framerate in 1080p would be great but I don't think it would be worth it.

I would get a Pro for Yakuza 6 if it's fully optimized though. That would be loving sick.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'd love a steep beta code, i have never even seen the snow irl :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

You should really play TF2 but I have $20 off IW on Amazon from the pro preorder if anyone wants it

Also idk why everyone seemed to be making a fuss of the data transfer. Pretty painless. Just hook that poo poo up via Ethernet. Took about 3 hours for 500-600 gigs

Also FYI you have to login to your PlayStation account on your new PS4 before it gives you the data transfer option :downs:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

fit em all up in there posted:

How's the Skyrim remaster ?

Finally got my pro, it's pretty good. Just got to wait on my stuff to transfer over.

It's alright. Mods are super sparse compared to Xbone. It's basically the game you remember but with better water effects and load times

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I gots a steep code so nm. Woo hoooo!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I only got to play about 10 minutes today, but Thumper looks noticeably better on the PS4 Pro. Right now I have the Pro on HDMI 1 and the PSVR on HDMI 3, that way I just have to change 1 cable, but man is it dumb.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The more I play Rise of the Tomb Raider, the more I realize that while the mechanics are good, and the amount of content is solid... the general setting and story and acting and delivery and everything else about it just feels really... uncompelling. Like I don't feel like "oh man I want to play more of this!"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Feenix posted:

I mean, 2tb SSD? Do you really want to spend 600 bucks on this thing?

SSHD for marginal improvements, you can get the Firecuda for 120.

I will say that getting an SSHD was a great investment. Every game where people complain about load times, my load times are usually at least half as bad. Recently this came up with WoFF but the best example was Bloodbourne where I never saw load times worse than 10 seconds even before the game got patched. Meanwhile, there were wide complaints of 45 seconds or more load times. The Seagate 1TB SSHD that I got is still the one everyone buys and it's usually on sale on Amazon for $80 or less.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

25% of the console price is kind of a lot for no upgrade in storage though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Aphrodite posted:

25% of the console price is kind of a lot for no upgrade in storage though.

With a launch system, it was doubling space. These days, it is definitely a little tougher to justify, true.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

E:nm

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 12, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JFC the day one update for DH2 is 10 gigs.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'd love a steep beta code, i have never even seen the snow irl :(

I moved from Sydney to Vancouver at age 7 and when we went up the mountain the first thing I did was pick up a clump of yellow snow and ask my mom why it was yellow. it was pee

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

JFC the day one update for DH2 is 10 gigs.
If you buy it by download does it still have to do that? If so then holy poo poo, keep it together dev guys.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Would someone be kind enough to look at the HDMI cable that came with their PRO and tell me how to identify it with the writing on it or whatever? I have a PSVR and was dismantling my old PS4 to sell and now I don't know which is which. I will say from what I can tell the 2 cables look the same in terms of the build and also the writing so maybe they are? Still... if someone could confirm...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

Would someone be kind enough to look at the HDMI cable that came with their PRO and tell me how to identify it with the writing on it or whatever? I have a PSVR and was dismantling my old PS4 to sell and now I don't know which is which. I will say from what I can tell the 2 cables look the same in terms of the build and also the writing so maybe they are? Still... if someone could confirm...
Mine says "high speed HDMI cable E321101" on it, among other things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you buy it by download does it still have to do that? If so then holy poo poo, keep it together dev guys.

Yes, they don't update the original file ever.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Mine says "high speed HDMI cable E321101" on it, among other things.

Yeah, so do BOTH of mine... so I'm like... hmmmmm.... because I think the one I am using with my 2nd Gen PS4 is the one it came with, too...

confused... :\

[edit] Interestingly, the ONLY one that is different is the one with the numbered label on it from my PSVR.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 12, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Please do not buy a ps4 pro!! Don't do it!!!!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Trash Trick posted:

actually do and sent it to me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Trash Trick posted:

Pro is awesome. You are mental.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The frame rate on the tutorial part of the FF15 demo is so low and unstable, and it's just two guys in a small training room. What is going on?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

The frame rate on the tutorial part of the FF15 demo is so low and unstable, and it's just two guys in a small training room. What is going on?

devs animated a furious 1000 man orgy outside of the play space with fully modeled fluid dynamics

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, they don't update the original file ever.

I don't think that's true anymore is it? I swear i've downloaded games that normally had patches but it was all rolled into one DL

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

goferchan posted:

I don't think that's true anymore is it? I swear i've downloaded games that normally had patches but it was all rolled into one DL

Yeah I'm pretty sure it depends on the game, some games come pre-patched.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

devs animated a furious 1000 man orgy outside of the play space with fully modeled fluid dynamics
I figured it was something like they rendered each hair on the main douchebag looking guy's head with like 200 polygons each or something.

edit: lol your MP regenerates if you hide behind cover.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 12, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah it's all combined now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I meant on release.

They just put up a day 1 patch, they don't apply it to the base game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I meant on release.

They just put up a day 1 patch, they don't apply it to the base game.

That depends on when the 1.01 version was "ready". It's not uncommon for pre-loads to go live and already have the "day one" patch since that's still a few weeks after the discs were pressed. Although that would have sucked if it wasn't the case here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sure, often the patch is there with the preload so you don't have to take an X hour break on release day to get it. But I buy nearly everything from the PSN directly and I've never had a case where they pre-patched the download and offered just that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the digital downloads I've done were already pre-patched to the current version, that said I very rarely purchase 'new' digital stuff, it's almost always later on sale.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Sure, often the patch is there with the preload so you don't have to take an X hour break on release day to get it. But I buy nearly everything from the PSN directly and I've never had a case where they pre-patched the download and offered just that.

I've definitely had some automatic preloads download with version 1.01 immediately, although you're right that it's not every time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Despite some stuff FF15 still has me intrigued both in gameplay and setting. This (spoilers? From the beginning of a demo?) is a hell of a way to start a fantasy RPG.

I sure hope the game doesn't tutorial me to death for the first ten hours though, since there's already a separate tutorial mode. If it doesn't then holy poo poo they learned something!

edit: I had the wrong image linked there for like five seconds. I would be shocked if a Japanese dog did not appear somewhere in the game though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 12, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samurai Sanders posted:

Despite some stuff FF15 still has me intrigued both in gameplay and setting. This (spoilers? From the beginning of a demo?) is a hell of a way to start a fantasy RPG.

I sure hope the game doesn't tutorial me to death for the first ten hours though, since there's already a separate tutorial mode. If it doesn't then holy poo poo they learned something!

I mean, if there is a Japanese dog in the game my interest has definitely shot up

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 12, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF 13 was six years ago man, just let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really want ff15 to be good because I want to play it. tho of all the games I've been interested in this year, it's definitely the one I'm least certain of

• Locked thread