Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

hello everyone that was right and i was 100% wrong in ignoring / arguing with / belittling / being an rear end in a top hat to / and being an all around rear end clown that deserves to be gently caress barreled for the rest of my life for my actions

spent the last few days processing everything and saw that i missed the "donate to rainn and dont' get toxxed" thread but i donated $50 anyway

:banme: since i toxxed for a looser and will take my ban like the looser that backed a looser

i've already joined sanders in calling for the election of ellison

i've sent in info to ourrevolution about getting involved in stopping trump in any way i can (if that's not a legit site then by all means direct me the gently caress to the right one)

already contacted my local reps in saying they will lose my vote if they don't vote for ellison

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name after the dust settles and i can fully process just how loving wrong my world view has been for the second time in my life (the first going from a piece of poo poo republican raised in orange county to a piece of poo poo third way democrat) but for now i'll be keeping up on this thread since it's been like shock treatment for being so loving wrong and holy poo poo i need that

by all means enjoy the schadenfreude that me coming back here and posting since i loving deserve every bit of it and have at me

no really, any vitriol posted in a reply to this post shouldn't be met with a 6er from the mods or iks since i deserve every bit of it for being such an all around piece of poo poo for the last several months to pretty much every single one of you in this thread

yours in full communism now - a piece of poo poo jew

welcome back, friend, the most important thing now is that we're all together in opposition to trump and behind a political movement that supports all the little people--minorities, the poor, the excluded, the otherwise needy, students, the indebted, etc

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 22:29 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

He's followed up on that tweet

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797177693582331904

Oh, okay, maybe he just worded his original tweet badly and-

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797177951733317632

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

expand the obama coalition by learning how to appeal to the working class/rust belt voters that were once a part of it

drat!

poo poo!

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Princess Di posted:

Young people failed to participate because it wasn't Obama and so they were bored. This goes for all ethnicities and both genders among young people. People really believe that being gangster on Twitter and Tumblr and YouTube and godawful Reddit somehow replaces actual political activism which includes at the very least, voting.
Boredom had nothing to do with the low youth turnout but their complete lack of enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton sure did. She was so obviously fake and insincere when she claimed to know and empathize with the plight of millennial voters. She clearly thought all she had to do was put some of Bernie's issues up on her website and pay lip service to policy goals that she herself derided and mocked during the primary and had no intention of implementing when she reached office. Youth voters saw right through her phony shtick.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

DaveWoo posted:

It means Ellison is too black Muslim "Obama coalition" to appeal to white Rust Belt voters, even though he represents a majority white district near the Rust Belt.

But there's just so much wrong with it at so many levels. There seems to be an implication that white Rust Belt voters weren't part of the Obama Coalition which is ??? because I thought they were.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SpaceGoku posted:

expand the obama coalition by learning how to appeal to the working class/rust belt voters that were once a part of it

drat!

poo poo!

*rust belt flips away from its solid obama vote by like 15 points as working whites flee clinton* HUH i guess the obama coalition just doesnt work

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Also this measure was supported by OurRev and passed

http://www.rcvmaine.com/

Push for RCV locally as well, remove the spoiler effect and fear from voting.
If we had it in the primaries Bernie would've gotten the nomination and if we had it in the general, Hillary kinda might've maybe won.*

It also can make it so that even if 2 candidates who appeal to similar issues but differently in method can still have friendly campaigns as the result of not needing to prevent the other from stealing votes(spoiling), which makes the share demographics more likely to like both of them and vote for both of them, in their own preferred order of course.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Corny posted:

This is from a post-concession email that Jason Kander sent out:

and here is his actual concession speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJWwN-B0Wzg

I figured it might do everyone some good to see this.

I am not mad that I voted for this person.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Holy poo poo I just realized how bad voter suppression is going to get

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Real bad. Like really real bad. This is why it's super important to ignore the people who say "Well, we won the popular vote, so we should stay the course mostly!"

We absolutely need to smash the next several elections in a big, big, big way even to pull ahead, and only then can we start to fix this poo poo, and it's gonna take time.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

*rust belt flips away from its solid obama vote by like 15 points as working whites flee clinton* HUH i guess the obama coalition just doesnt work

hillary clinton: [extremely rodney dangerfield voice] I tell ya I get, I just get no respect! [pays lena dunham to make a sexy pantsuit song, ignores a hundred dying rural towns]

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
Welcome to Hell, everyone

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/politics/newt-gingrich-house-un-american-activities-committee/index.html

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Also this measure was supported by OurRev and passed

http://www.rcvmaine.com/

Push for RCV locally as well, remove the spoiler effect and fear from voting.
If we had it in the primaries Bernie would've gotten the nomination and if we had it in the general, Hillary kinda might've maybe won.*

It also can make it so that even if 2 candidates who appeal to similar issues but differently in method can still have friendly campaigns as the result of not needing to prevent the other from stealing votes(spoiling), which makes the share demographics more likely to like both of them and vote for both of them, in their own preferred order of course.

Yeah honestly this was the most important thing to me on election night, so I'm very pleased about it and hope it spreads like weed.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

A Winner is Jew posted:

hello everyone that was right and i was 100% wrong in ignoring / arguing with / belittling / being an rear end in a top hat to / and being an all around rear end clown that deserves to be gently caress barreled for the rest of my life for my actions

As somebody who you were an rear end in a top hat to on a consistent basis, this was a good post and let's do this thing and make this poo poo right going foward. unironic :)

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

*slides old al-aqsa avatar under teh freakin bed* :kimchi:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

This is probably where the most activism will help.

Some organizations that help people navigate the voter ID laws are going to be needed.

Not much we can do about polling places though. It really is terrible how the Supreme Court struck down the Voting Rights Act and now the Republicans have full control, though...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

That's from June 14th when it looked like Newt might be the VP pick.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Free Matey.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

these smilies weren't jokes, but prophecies.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this is old and probably wont happen, I say to myself as I get dragged into a van with a dude sparking car jumper cables menacingly

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Thoguh posted:

That's from June 14th when it looked like Newt might be the VP pick.

And now he's going to get a high-profile cabinet appointment in the Trump administration.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mrmcd posted:

"White working class voters suffering economically will never accept a black Muslim party administrator even if we offer attractive populist policies!" I continue to insist as I shrink and turn into a centrist corncob being flushed down the toilet along with Obama's entire legacy.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
This forum needs more Matey

FuckinHat/AssAssInP
Classic Comrad
CSpan(Bad) caller

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VirtualStranger posted:

And now he's going to get a high-profile cabinet appointment in the Trump administration.

He wants a new House of Un-American Activities Committee by the way.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Hilario Baldness posted:

Here's a guide to the watching television for the next 4 months:

When someone on your given news source speaks as this election as consisting (they'll imply solely) of white supremacist hate groups, turn it off. Do not reward this idiotic behavior. These news sources are the same people that flat out ignore the economic struggle of the working class in this country and loved selling this election as being about love against hate. For some of the economic benefits that Donald Trump was selling these people (though we know he can't deliver), the media focused on the hate aspect and helped to inadvertently dovetail some of the economic hunger to legitimate hate.

it would actually be quite a bad idea to engage in this sort of purity, on account of the fact that he, his campaign, his party and his most vocal and aggressive supporters are white supremacist, and due to racial polarisation of the electorate will receive substantial political benefits from continued white supremacy

it's a good idea to build a coalition to overturn neoliberalism, and doing so gives a shot at winning back some poor white areas, but you must absolutely take white supremacy seriously, both for reasons of political expediency (minorities can abandon a party just like whites can) and as a matter of concrete need because a whole lot of racism is coming down the line

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mrmcd posted:

"White working class voters suffering economically will never accept a black Muslim party administrator even if we offer attractive populist policies!" I continue to insist as I shrink and turn into a centrist corncob being flushed down the toilet along with Obama's entire legacy.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

when does :bernget: return? we need it to organize!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SpaceGoku posted:

this is old and probably wont happen, I say to myself as I get dragged into a van with a dude sparking car jumper cables menacingly

someone at my work was just takling about how the danger of autocrats is that people dont take the crazy things they actually say seriously

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

A Winner is Jew posted:

you are good for admitting an error :hf:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

bump_fn posted:

hey other illinois ppl itt the email for michael "king of chicago" madigan in the google doc is currently hosed we're trying to find a working one

he's busy with fighting off a coup so he's not gonna read his email anyways

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Peel posted:

(minorities can abandon a party just like whites can)

This. And there is no reason why we can't fight white nationalism while also fighting for workers rights.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i just get antsy whenever i see a 'don't mention the klan'-type post because my main fear about upcoming elections isn't poor whites backing trump, but minorities backing nobody because they're barred from voting

Yudo
May 15, 2003

A Winner is Jew posted:

spent the last few days processing everything and saw that i missed the "donate to rainn and dont' get toxxed" thread but i donated $50 anyway

:banme: since i toxxed for a looser and will take my ban like the looser that backed a looser

i've already joined sanders in calling for the election of ellison

i've sent in info to ourrevolution about getting involved in stopping trump in any way i can (if that's not a legit site then by all means direct me the gently caress to the right one)

already contacted my local reps in saying they will lose my vote if they don't vote for ellison

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name after the dust settles and i can fully process just how loving wrong my world view has been for the second time in my life (the first going from a piece of poo poo republican raised in orange county to a piece of poo poo third way democrat) but for now i'll be keeping up on this thread since it's been like shock treatment for being so loving wrong and holy poo poo i need that

by all means enjoy the schadenfreude that me coming back here and posting since i loving deserve every bit of it and have at me

no really, any vitriol posted in a reply to this post shouldn't be met with a 6er from the mods or iks since i deserve every bit of it for being such an all around piece of poo poo for the last several months to pretty much every single one of you in this thread

yours in full communism now - a piece of poo poo jew

You have owned it. Let's move on, one poo poo post at a time.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mastershakeman posted:

he's busy with fighting off a coup so he's not gonna read his email anyways

please tell me how to support the coup

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

I know I'm engaging in political sedition as I participate on these boards.

Stay safe friends.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'd say the thing to be generally conscious of is when social issues are blatantly being used as a shield against economic critique of the affluent, at least in the short term. Though that doesn't mean stop fighting for them - just don't let them be used again like they were this time. That poo poo does no one any good.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Race is a corncob

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/797169431839473664

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://fredrikdeboer.com/2015/03/10/critique-drift/

this is pretty good explanation on why the left online basicaly poo poo itself to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

bump_fn posted:

please tell me how to support the coup

Gofundme for guillotine production?

• Locked thread