Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Farm Asgard during Hot Time on the weekends for tons of fodder drops. Hardest level you can, 7-9 is really super easy and you can do 1-4 ruby farming, or 7-10 for the Boss Monsters repeat quest. For 5-6* units you want to try and make the best use of Bean Cakes for doing fusions, since you get one everyday just make sure you use as many other big fodders along with them as you can.

I think World 8 Weekend is increased fodder drops as well, but I dunno if it's worth running for those outside of 8-20 maybe.

World 8 is always gold drops unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's weird because after they made the change to gold rates for it, it wasn't giving 2x gold on the weekends. Maybe they fixed that now.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They did fix it, it was only the first weekend that was bugged. I do most of my farming on 7-10 hard, which is really easy with Karma and Ace, and I always have more 2 and 3 star fodder than I know what to do with, even on weekdays when the hot time is for gold.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Current event can give you 100k a day btw. Definitely do it.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Agoat posted:

Current event can give you 100k a day btw. Definitely do it.

Though the gold payout pales in comparison to all the 6* selectors they're throwing in as well.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

The gold is almost always the worst reward part of events--stuff like keys, 6* anything, and shards are all far more valuable

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'll certainly never argue with free gold. There's 4-6* Accessory tickets on the roulette which is a pretty big deal too.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is there a good newbie guide out there because I have a million stupid questions and I bet there's a guide that answers them all

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The Reddit has a few links from their Daily Lounge thread for various newbie guides, but a lot of them are kind of a mess or really lovely Youtube vids.
https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4a4faq/compiled_resources_of_r7kglobal/#faq

Thanks Shane I think that'll do it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
how the dribbling christ

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

delfin posted:

how the dribbling christ

All Masteries. Karma and Eileen. Awakened Dragon using a level 40 Giparang (he still the hero?) Shane level 40 with 2 awakened +5 lethal dragonslayers, and her extra damage proc went off. It is funny to 1 hit the dragon with her.

Also, anyone else run this (or something similiar) for Awakened? Shane back with Dellons, Yui, Sieg, and DaQiao. Maximum damage out the gate, and immune to all its AoE plus burn and stun. I know not ideal, but it gets the job done even against maximum level Awakened dragons.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Dead on Arrival posted:

All Masteries. Karma and Eileen. Awakened Dragon using a level 40 Giparang (he still the hero?) Shane level 40 with 2 awakened +5 lethal dragonslayers, and her extra damage proc went off. It is funny to 1 hit the dragon with her.

Also, anyone else run this (or something similiar) for Awakened? Shane back with Dellons, Yui, Sieg, and DaQiao. Maximum damage out the gate, and immune to all its AoE plus burn and stun. I know not ideal, but it gets the job done even against maximum level Awakened dragons.

All right, if it's the Awakened raid that at least makes some sense. I'm partway to that point (two pages of masteries, Ace on my team but not Karma or Eileene, an awakened Eileene's Spear on Shane, 40 Gip tagging along) and I've seen like 50K damage but not ten times that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Should I be dumping rubies into masteries or banking them for ???

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you are new enough to ask that question, burn them on masteries until you've got at least the first two pages available.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I might put together an online guide using what we've learned in this thread. I figure with the success of Sloven Knights and how much good information we learn here it'd be a fun project?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Edit: went Giparang, cause his costume was on sale.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 13, 2016

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Agoat posted:

I might put together an online guide using what we've learned in this thread. I figure with the success of Sloven Knights and how much good information we learn here it'd be a fun project?

You can start by just C&P'ing Gwyrgyn Blood's post history in this thread (? icon under his avatar) and editing from there. I just read back through it last night and there's a lot of good, well-explained information therein.

(Not to say there aren't other helpful posters in this thread, GB has just really stood out to me.)

Amperor fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 13, 2016

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If an guide is getting put together, a list of what resources are valuable or not would be nice. Guide quest is telling me to unlock someone, and I can't tell how rare the unlockers are, since it gave me a free one. Probably using it on Xiao.

e: Actually I'm 5 CR points from buying a 4* elemental selector, and I have a 5* fire element, so I could instead use it on Shane in a day or two.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 13, 2016

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Elysiume posted:

If an guide is getting put together, a list of what resources are valuable or not would be nice. Guide quest is telling me to unlock someone, and I can't tell how rare the unlockers are, since it gave me a free one. Probably using it on Xiao.

e: Actually I'm 5 CR points from buying a 4* elemental selector, and I have a 5* fire element, so I could instead use it on Shane in a day or two.

I recommend saving it for Shane.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Amperor posted:

You can start by just C&P'ing Gwyrgyn Blood's post history in this thread (? icon under his avatar) and editing from there. I just read back through it last night and there's a lot of good, well-explained information therein.

(Not to say there aren't other helpful posters in this thread, GB has just really stood out to me.)

I always listen to GB and whenever he suggests something I at least try it. He's absolutely an expert on this game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Amperor posted:

I recommend saving it for Shane.
Will do. And I assume it's worth it to spend the 80CR points on the elemental selector to get her to 5*?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you'd rather spend gold and fodder than CR points, consider two 3* selectors instead, then ranking one up with the other, or with 3*s you get from the Normal DD.
That'll only cost 48 CRs instead of 80 and leave you with another 3* pull down the road.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Finally reached 500 Tower points for my accessory selector. Is there a reason to prefer 30% buff duration to 30% buff remover, or vice versa?

Also tempted to pick up Paralyze or Electrify. My SWK has Paralyze and he is an annoying little poo poo when Spike isn't in play.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

delfin posted:

If you'd rather spend gold and fodder than CR points, consider two 3* selectors instead, then ranking one up with the other, or with 3*s you get from the Normal DD.
That'll only cost 48 CRs instead of 80 and leave you with another 3* pull down the road.
Good call, I actually have a 3* fire lying around. I'm also dirt poor gold-wise, so it'll still take some time, but it saves me a bunch of CR points.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Is there a good guide on abyss tower? I have been kind of ignoring it because it takes too much though as to what to take into it

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I've been prevaricating over what to use my day 28 7K/4L selector on.

Rudy 34
Eileene 30
Dellons 30
Jave 30

Ace 32
Rin 32
Karma 30

Is it time to get a Rachel for CR, or better to shore up Dellons or Eileene?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Get a Spike

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pulled Karma in my free 3-6*. There goes all my luck for the week

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ripley posted:

I've been prevaricating over what to use my day 28 7K/4L selector on.

Is it time to get a Rachel for CR, or better to shore up Dellons or Eileene?

If you need better support for PvP then Spike, if you want to do better in CR/WB specifically then Rachel. Spike is also needed for NMW Normal though so either one is a decent pick.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is there a good guide on abyss tower? I have been kind of ignoring it because it takes too much though as to what to take into it

Reddit has one that covers it pretty well. https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/53wp0y/guide_tower_of_abyss/

delfin posted:

Finally reached 500 Tower points for my accessory selector. Is there a reason to prefer 30% buff duration to 30% buff remover, or vice versa?

Also tempted to pick up Paralyze or Electrify. My SWK has Paralyze and he is an annoying little poo poo when Spike isn't in play.

30% Crit Damage for Shane/Dellons/etc if you don't already have one for your Primary DPS. Beyond that it's up to you, Ailment accessories are always good but keep in mind ailment chances are massively prorated in Arena based on mysterious factors (people have said Transcend level before but I have no idea if that's true or not).

Buff Duration Reducer is better than Buff Remover like 99% of the time since it applies to everything and not just Immortals and Active Buffs.

Consider also the 30% HP Accessory for guys that have auto-guard, like Karma or Spike.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What do I want to equip karma with? Like, which Jewels(if I ever get a second karma)/Weapon/Armor/etc?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spd, HP, Crit damage, life steal, then probably counter rate.

That crit damage is really the big one obviously.

I need a better setup for kris day. Gwrtheyrn what setup are you using, dellons on dps?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I have 4 jewel selectors. I've seen some hero selector guides, for jewels should I just grab whatever matches my best heroes (Shane/Sieg right now)?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yep. Of note, +All Damage Jewels are of lesser value generally because there's a cap on All Damage enhancement (applies to every mode AFAIK), so they only actually boost your damage by about 10% or so if you're already running Dellons or Karma or Lina. You're better off using +Crit Damage instead.
Also same substat effects don't stack, only one jewel of each color, etc.

ID is making me realize how important having a Bai Jiao actually is. Never an end to how many Dark Elementals you need is there.
At least today I lucked into a Raid chest dropping a max stat magic SPD weapon, and my random armor craft was a max stat HP armor. :buddy:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Lots of useful stuff

tl;dr version for 6* Selectors: Shane, Karon, Espada, Sieg, Xiao are all very high priority, then maybe the specifics like Asura, Lee Jung, Pascal, Ruri, and any Ailment immunity guys you don't have yet.

Thanks! Lots of good info there.

I ranked up my Xiao to 6* and picked Sieg for now. Still have 3 selectors from the event left, 1 6* picker from quest and 2 available synthesis-pickers (already used the 4 random synths).
Hoping for some random 6* pickers from the event as well, but until now i have gotten 4x 4-6* jewel tickets out of 4 possible, and gotten 4* jewels from all of them, sigh :)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 14, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Used to played this lots last winter, but took a break for around 6 months. Is there a guild I can apply to? Just looking for something chill without forced CR requirements (too busy nowadays).

Acct name is Uguu and Acct level is 76 or so. I'm sure all my stuff is mega out-dated but I still got a 36 rudy and bunch of 40s and handful of lords/7Knights.

Few questions

Is awakening heroes out yet
How does this awaken weapon thing work?
Accessories - where do you farm them from?
How does World boss/Tower of abyss work?

Also Arena - whats the choice comp nowadays?
Used to run Velk/Ruri (40) back / Rudy (36) Del (32) Nia (40) Lucy/Alice (40) and that was good enough to hit like Top 50 back then but I have no clue now. I got a few 6* selector for coming back is there someone I should pick for Arena? (I have a 40 Shane/ Lina / Lucy for PvE stuff already)

Edit: First Fusion was a 5* Wukong, they really want me to stay :v:

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 14, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Awakened heroes are not out yet on Global (assuming that's what you are on), they should be the next major thing that gets released though.

Awakening Items you need Shards from Awoken Raid to do. It costs a boatload of money to do, but gives you two options: 1) Spend Gold + Awakening Shards to directly upgrade your item, 2) Spend just Gold and get a random upgraded item (it will probably suck).
Awoken Items are basically just like a 7* item pretty much, higher base primary and sub stats, more costly to power up, etc. Most of the substat gains going to Awoken are pretty small, like Spd Attack can only go from 27->28%, and generally the better the substat starts the less it grows when you awaken it. The one big exception is HP Armor where the substat gain is actually divergent, that is to say: the higher the HP value before awakening the armor, the bigger the HP value increases when awakening it. So you want to try and only awaken +1050 HP armor if you can.
Shards are pretty limited in general since you can only run Awoken Raid once per day, so it's best to only bother to upgrade items that are already very good.

Accessories are farmable from World 10, but their drop rates are pretty lovely. The best place to get them is to do Tower of Abyss, where 500 points will get you a 6* accessory selector. There are also unique accessories that are more expensive. Also events hand them out sometimes (like the current one).

World Boss is just a rotating set of bosses that lasts for 3 days at a time. They all have very specific team setups required to score well. You only get 1 entry for each of Easy and Normal difficulty, you can choose to do both if you want but you'll only get Boss Points for the hardest difficulty you do. Normal almost always gives you more points as long as you can get an even half-way decent score, but it's competitive with other players (score based on your placement %). Best way to think of it is Easy is more like practice or testing, and Normal is the real deal. You can use the Boss Points to buy the best tier of Jewels available.

Tower of Abyss is a monthly seasonal thing, your goal is to clear as many floors as possible while completing as many missions for those floors as you can, and in the shortest time possible. However, heroes you use on one floor are locked out for 5 days at a time, so you need a large variety of well built heroes to really do well. There are also lots of gimmicks, especially every 5 floors there's some unique mechanics to deal with. Abyss points are used to buy Accessories.

For Arena, meta shifts every 1-2 weeks generally but the current god-tier team at the moment is: Rin, Karma, Teo, Giparang, Pascal.
You pretty much have to be an extremely long-term player or turbo whale to remotely stand a chance of being in the Top 50+. You'll find lots people even as far down as Platinum running teams of all 40 7K/4Ls.

Pretty much all of those heroes are bad for PvP except Rudy who is okayish, and Dellons again who is fairly okayish. Best use for selectors for PvP specifically right now would be either Pascal or Giparang, but picking stuff for PvP is pretty futile considering how fast the meta changes. This goes double at the moment since Awoken heroes are probably coming in the next few weeks and who even knows what will happen with them balance wise.

Wukong is not god-tier anymore but he's one of the biggest scumbags there is. Especially right now because the game is glitchy as gently caress and SWK breaks the game in so many random and ridiculous ways. Case in point, for no apparently reason right now when he dies and respawns he gives the entire rest of the team a full heal for ??reasons?? so he's actually better than normal at the moment. He's also one of those guys who has a ton of potential to come back into the meta when something shifts.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Quick question, should I take Pascal to 34 and Shane to 38 or put Shane all the way to 40?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Thanks alot for the information. Really appreciated.

Surprised to hear Rudy is not that hot in pvp anymore. He's been staple in the Korean server forever even after Awaken Dellon last time i checked.

Anyone got a guild willing to take in a dude thats been out of it for 6 months :v:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

im freaking the heck out posted:

Quick question, should I take Pascal to 34 and Shane to 38 or put Shane all the way to 40?

I'd suggest Shane, Pascal is more PvP oriented where the only reward is rubies and topazes. A better Shane means better Castle Rush scores for stuff like element selectors and doing better in Raids which is a great source for weapons and armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Thanks! Just was looking to improve my Arena score but it all comes down to patience I guess. Those other two would be more valuable to get better scores on in the long run.

• Locked thread