Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Facebook has been unreadable for the past few days

I deleted mine years ago thankfully but my wife has shown me her wall and the horrendous status updates people are spewing forth. Grown rear end adults behaving like children throwing temper tantrums, slinging insults, calling names...it's loving pathetic. But yeah, the problem is with the leadership of this country and not the degenerate population! Twitter has been insufferable as well. Anxiously awaiting this to all blow over...when will it blow over? :ohdear:

Infidel Castro posted:

Except you're not getting involved. Bitching about something and then not engaging yourself in the process that directly affects that something is nothing but white noise.

Exactly my point. These people want to inject themselves into the conversations and outage after doing jack poo poo in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It will never blow over. Social media is the news now, and facts don't matter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gynecolojustice posted:

He does a ton of work with Oakland area kids and is directly helping people so who cares if he didn't vote in the hotly contested state of CA? Saying Trump and Clinton are the same is dumb for sure, but I can see why him and many minorities don't really trust either political party, there's a long history of that

You vote for way more than just president hth

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
no you don't, you only vote for president

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gynecolojustice posted:

It will never blow over. Social media is the news now, and facts don't matter.

I had to explain to my fiance why everyone she knows seems to have the same opinions as her. :negative: loving social media has killed political discourse in this country (though I'd argue Fox News also had something to do with it, but they're not plowing new ground either. William Randolph Hearst and some of our founding fathers started that poo poo ages ago.)

:negative:
Burn it all down and put a group of benevolent philosopher kings in charge. We are past the point where everyone should have a voice in our political system. We have heard their voices, and it turns out that most people are still actually pretty dumb, no matter what side they are on.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Democracy is still good.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Democracy is still good.

I mean, it will be when the machine AIs take control and run it, sure.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Democracy is still good.

Too bad the people voting aren't.

Yes, a benevolent dictator is just as much an unreliable pipedream as every form of government has been.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gynecolojustice posted:

no you don't, you only vote for president

I genuinely don't get the joke here so try and help me

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

weird Asian candy posted:

I deleted mine years ago thankfully but my wife has shown me her wall and the horrendous status updates people are spewing forth. Grown rear end adults behaving like children throwing temper tantrums, slinging insults, calling names...it's loving pathetic. But yeah, the problem is with the leadership of this country and not the degenerate population! Twitter has been insufferable as well. Anxiously awaiting this to all blow over...when will it blow over? :ohdear:

Exactly my point. These people want to inject themselves into the conversations and outage after doing jack poo poo in the first place.

How long did it take for people to stop being immature about Obama?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I blame Twitter for everything

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TBeats posted:

How long did it take for people to stop being immature about Obama?

Never. Although there is a difference between the "thanks Obama" people and these belligerent, petulant debates going on right now. I don't recall what the reaction was when Obama was elected, I don't think I was that much into social media...was it this level of BURN IT DOWN?

Gynecolojustice posted:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

I don't recall what the reaction was when Obama was elected, I don't think I was that much into social media...was it this level of BURN IT DOWN?
Yup, including the childish "I'm moving to Canada!" posts IIRC even when Canada in general is against virtually every ideal of the GOP

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 10, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Social shitheadedness towards preisdents pretty much continues until they're long forgotten, as even Jimmy Carter still brings out a fairly big chunk of it. Though Gerald Ford doesn't and the hate he used to get for pardoning Nixon / the draft dodgers and telling NYC to drop dead was pretty rough way back when.

Obama's presidency pretty much saw the democratic party get annihilated at every level though, and is about to have everything he passed repealed so history will probably not be super kind even compared to the horrific trainwrecks he'll be sandwiched between.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chilichimp posted:

I don't care that he specifically didn't vote. In general, I am continuously angry that only like 35% of eligible voters bother to do it, and of that 35%, a little under half (so 15-17%) elected a loving nightmare to be our leader.

17% of eligible voters just elected Donald Trump to be our president, and I don't even need to type anything else. It's literally Donald Trump in the White House come January.

I know this is not the point, but the number is 25.5%, not 17%. And only 25.6% voted for Clinton.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Never. Although there is a difference between the "thanks Obama" people and these belligerent, petulant debates going on right now. I don't recall what the reaction was when Obama was elected, I don't think I was that much into social media...was it this level of BURN IT DOWN?

There was some but it was weird as Obama went through a lot of steps to come of as bipartisan as possible which blew up in his face hard.

Now we got the party who sees bipartisanship as the same thing as treason and a president who has said he will jail his opponents and apparently has an enemy list.

We really haven't been in a situation like this, even under Bush.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
When the Civil War happens which state should we all meet up in? I vote for Jalisco.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Kinda stupid to have camps telling kids to know your rights when one of you most important ones is the right to vote for representation. If he thinks that is pointless then he better become a very vocal supporter of minority 2nd Amendment rights if he wants any change.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

There was some but it was weird as Obama went through a lot of steps to come of as bipartisan as possible which blew up in his face hard.

Now we got the party who sees bipartisanship as the same thing as treason and a president who has said he will jail his opponents and apparently has an enemy list.

We really haven't been in a situation like this, even under Bush.

Well that's unnerving...

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chichevache posted:

When the Civil War happens which state should we all meet up in? I vote for Jalisco.

What's Jalisco got on Quintana Roo?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Well that's unnerving...

I mean it could be bluster to be fair but even then it's still unprecedented.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

How are we getting over the wall?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gynecolojustice posted:

This has been my stance for years and I'm glad people are coming around to it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ulmont posted:

What's Jalisco got on Quintana Roo?

If we are trying to escape the scourge of Americans, Cancun is probably the worst place to go. Also, Los Muertos Beach is amazing.

Coldforge posted:

How are we getting over the wall?

Well if Mexico is building it we have till 2032.

Nov 6, 2002

Need a dem diaspora.

https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/796476782719500289

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

We're turbo-hosed. Smart people don't live where tornadoes and open windows in the winter can kill you.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

My district voted out our incumbent R and put a Dem in. My families old estate lawyer got elected to the WA house of rep so that's cool :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is why I'm super pissed about the whole California secession attempt. Besides it being dumb as gently caress just like the Texas one was, on the percent chance it actually happened, it gets a lot loving harder for the Dems to win...anything ever again. And they'd still be nearby enough that any incredibly stupid self-destructive disastrous thing the country does would still have a noticeable impact on them

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

I agree with what he says and does re:BLM, but on voting and his views of politics, he's revealed himself a true dummy.

He's a moron. Your vote for Mayor, City Council, and Sheriff have more impact on police brutality in your community than your Presidential vote will. And if you want good candidates on the ballots in these big races, start voting in good people locally who one day might run for these big offices.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm volunteering for one of those missions to mars please like / share this post if you would like to come with me

Nov 6, 2002

I'm nominating your co-worker.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I'll second, heartily campaign for his success

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Chris James 2 posted:

This is why I'm super pissed about the whole California secession attempt. Besides it being dumb as gently caress just like the Texas one was, on the percent chance it actually happened, it gets a lot loving harder for the Dems to win...anything ever again. And they'd still be nearby enough that any incredibly stupid self-destructive disastrous thing the country does would still have a noticeable impact on them

The area with the least water, least guns, less than 2:1 democrat to republican, GOP based where the food is grown and in Silicon Valley, the least aggressively physically wants to secede

Wow, it's almost like that's a horrible knee jerk reaction

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The area with the least water

Dude, we're literally next to an ocean.

Oh, you mean drinkable water. Well, yeah; but with climate change, the rest of you fuckers aren't going to be doing much better for long.

quote:

least guns

Was only true until the 49ers & Raiders signed Aldon Smith. Though I guess he's moving to NV soon.

quote:

GOP based where the food is grown

Kinda? The most heavily red districts are in the north east of the state*, now. Most of the central valley is only barely republican.

*thinly populated, poo poo areas of the state home to mostly prisons.

quote:

and in Silicon Valley

Lol, no. Not even close, unless you're only talking about Peter Thiel.

quote:

Wow, it's almost like that's a horrible knee jerk reaction

This bit's 100% true, though.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 11, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I live in a flyover state next to the second biggest body of freshwater in the world

:smugbird:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
The Great Lakes own.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I live in a flyover state next to the second biggest body of freshwater in the world

:smugbird:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/08/05/great-lakes-water-temperatures/88325922/
https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/great-lakes
http://michiganlakes.msue.msu.edu/lake_ecology/dissolved_oxygen_and_temperature

Good luck!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I live in Texas now and let me tell you anything outside of austin is a gigantic shithole

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've heard good things about San Antonio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Do I look like I'm from Michigan motherfucker?

• Locked thread