Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure what is unclear about that?

Yajirobi doing anything at all on his own,

How is Buu revived if the strongest person is... Yajirobi

My apologies if I'm taking you too seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

pik_d posted:

Collecting energy to release Buu just takes longer without idiots charging it up via petty squabbles and "pride". What's 10-15 years to Babidi and a Demon king?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

pik_d posted:

"let's say yajirobi" was just a joke, he means that even if the androids go away somehow majin buu will still come back

but on the other hand theres no reason for babidi for visit earth at all if theres no strong people there anymore

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

It was a joke, yeah.

That said Buu coming back is mostly a matter of gathering energy so presumably it would happen eventually, it's just a case of how long it takes. He might not come back on Earth but probably still not great for the universe to have him running around unless Beerus handles him before a Supreme Kai gets killed in the process.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

food for thought: supreme kais must be pretty strong considering buu felt the need to absorb two of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if trunks was dead, how would buu even get released? where would they get the power from?

hell, cell probably blew up the planet

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Speaking of Cell, here's a lore question, I don't know if it was ever answered. So Cell has to absorb 17 and 18 to become Perfect, right? But like, why? I mean it's just the Infinite Energy Drives, right? I mean it's not like the teens themselves are helping. If he found another Infinite Energy Drive, would he get perfecter?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

if trunks was dead, how would buu even get released? where would they get the power from?

hell, cell probably blew up the planet

I assume they'd get their energy over a longer period of time. I don't think they ever said that the Super Saiyans were the only way to do it, just that they completely shattered the expected power curve. Remember that Babadi thought all of his guys were hot poo poo and they were like jokes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Collecting power from normies would release Buu eventually.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
He could make his brainwashed minions fight each other

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
So it was bothering me all day, but I kept getting the Nineties Mega Man cartoon voice and Adult Goku mixed up in my head. It turns out that Ian James Corlett was also Ocean Dub Goku, which is probably what Sean Schemmel originally based his Goku voice on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stairmaster posted:

food for thought: supreme kais must be pretty strong considering buu felt the need to absorb two of them.

We knew this. Our rather pathetic Supreme Kai was stated as being stronger then Freeza was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In retrospect the "I never trained" thing helps sell why Frieza was important despite there being dozens of dudes stronger than him at any given time. He was absurdly and insanely powerful without putting an iota of effort into it and if he got real serious then he was literally godlike.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Obviously they're setting it up to make Cooler canon and show up having trained a bunch

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

In retrospect the "I never trained" thing helps sell why Frieza was important despite there being dozens of dudes stronger than him at any given time. He was absurdly and insanely powerful without putting an iota of effort into it and if he got real serious then he was literally godlike.

Though there is also the fact that Beerus tends to only be active for short periods before sleeping for who knows how long. The Supreme Kais tend not to interfere with most things that happens in the world. (And while evil and dangerous Freeza was not a threat to the entire Universe like Buu was, combined with the fact Freeza was weaker then the Supreme Kais unlike Buu.) Majin Buu is a primordial being that has not been active for like Thousands of years or something. Dabura was a the ruler of a realm on the opposite side of the universe that is not reachable by normal means.

I think that counts for everyone in Universe 7 that was stronger then Freeza until Goku beat him.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

mycot posted:

So it was bothering me all day, but I kept getting the Nineties Mega Man cartoon voice and Adult Goku mixed up in my head. It turns out that Ian James Corlett was also Ocean Dub Goku, which is probably what Sean Schemmel originally based his Goku voice on.

[extremely Goku voice] Guts man!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though there is also the fact that Beerus tends to only be active for short periods before sleeping for who knows how long. The Supreme Kais tend not to interfere with most things that happens in the world. (And while evil and dangerous Freeza was not a threat to the entire Universe like Buu was, combined with the fact Freeza was weaker then the Supreme Kais unlike Buu.) Majin Buu is a primordial being that has not been active for like Thousands of years or something. Dabura was a the ruler of a realm on the opposite side of the universe that is not reachable by normal means.

I think that counts for everyone in Universe 7 that was stronger then Freeza until Goku beat him.

I want to imagine a timeline where Freiza comes to Earth and the androids just wipe him out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

pik_d posted:

I want to imagine a timeline where Freiza comes to Earth and the androids just wipe him out.

Dr. Gero hailed as a hero. Billions mourn his tragic death.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

graham cracker posted:

I want to see evil Puar, with the ability to morph into a huge Oozaru sized monster.

With a Puar face. :3

Like fifteen years ago I wrote a fanfic about this.

Then I grew up and burned that computer.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This thread needs a :argh: but with Zamasu. Extra points if it says "NINGEN!"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

re: xenoverse 3 zamasu stuff chat earlier

the biggest waste will be when the thing that's changed about this is 'oh no he fused right off the bat instead of after the mafuba happened! vegeta didnt train yet! the other kais wont arrive to let them form vegito until much later! etc' instead of something actually cool or interesting

maybe we'll get playable mai though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair most of the stuff people propose aren't that interesting either and just flat out wouldn't work in that style of game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair most of the stuff people propose aren't that interesting either and just flat out wouldn't work in that style of game.

Taking over Gohan's body or something would be neat, though, just to use Gohan again

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I just saw that Dragon Ball Fusions includes Black Goku but not Zamasu. I wonder if he's hidden away anywhere as a time-release/QR unlock or something.

DB Fusions may be out as early as next week in NA, by the way; a few retailers including Amazon and Gamestop moved their release dates forward to the 16th of this month.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I just saw that Dragon Ball Fusions includes Black Goku but not Zamasu. I wonder if he's hidden away anywhere as a time-release/QR unlock or something.

DB Fusions may be out as early as next week in NA, by the way; a few retailers including Amazon and Gamestop moved their release dates forward to the 16th of this month.

Soulja Boy and Future Trunks are part of this month's free DLC update

also as a nice touch Black's listed as an Otherworlder and not a Saiyan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Here's the real important question.

Since Beerus is linked to the Supreme Kai, who was the God of Destruction that probably died when the former Supreme Kai got eaten by Buu?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

So about Dragon Ball Fusions, I don't understand the 3DS versions. I have an OG 3DS, will that play Fusions? Cause if I have to get a new system to fuse Satan and Krillin I will but goddamn what the hell is with the 3DS.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

So about Dragon Ball Fusions, I don't understand the 3DS versions. I have an OG 3DS, will that play Fusions? Cause if I have to get a new system to fuse Satan and Krillin I will but goddamn what the hell is with the 3DS.

There's only one game that won't work on every 3DS(and the 2DS) and that's Xenoblade Chronicles. There's a few others but they're downloadable stuff (SNES games and Binding of Isaac) so you won't have to worry about buying those by accident.

You're good.

And if anyone else doesn't have a 3DS but wants to play Fusions, the 2DS is cheap as hell (like $60 preowned most places) and there's going to be some big sales so that even the New 3DS (the fancy one that plays Xenoblade, etc) is going to be like $100 later this month. Plus Pokemon is coming out next week too so it's a good time to get the system.

Though honestly I hope that update to Fusions that's coming out in Japan doesn't take too long to make it to us too. That Goku Black/Broly fusion is stupid in a real good way, and the Future Trunks/Trunks fusion into Trunks is like the dumbest and greatest thing. The dual-toned blue/purple hair totally sells the absurdity of it.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 12, 2016

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Here's the real important question.

Since Beerus is linked to the Supreme Kai, who was the God of Destruction that probably died when the former Supreme Kai got eaten by Buu?

I think Beerus putting Elder Kai into the sword predates Buu, right?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
U7 was prosperous enough to have multiple kaioshin pre-buu. No clue if they had multiple hakaioshin.

If it was just the one it would probably be tied to the Dai-Kaioshin that's now Mr. Buu.

Either the old god died or beerus's bond was transferred to the west kaioshin that's now THE kaioshin. Elder kai is an emeritus

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh holy poo poo, I had Fusions preordered and didn't know it got moved up.

Pokemon comes out the 18th, too.. and I'm still not done with Xenoverse. This is going to be a busy gaming time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

visceril posted:

Either the old god died or beerus's bond was transferred to the west kaioshin that's now THE kaioshin.

It's this.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like that what the U7 kaioshins mostly do is just sit around and watch Goku TV on their crystal ball.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I like that what the U7 kaioshins mostly do is just sit around and watch Goku TV on their crystal ball.

Too poor to even afford a Kami-Tube, shameful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

smh if you don't support xXGowasu420Xx on patreon

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you guys think the next arc will be the multiverse tournament? I'm really excited for the filler between arcs, maybe Vegito stays fused and has to deal with everyone :allears:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

smh if you don't support xXGowasu420Xx on patreon

What's up bros it's ya boy KaiDaiPai and today we're gonna stream some Xenoverse

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

you guys think the next arc will be the multiverse tournament? I'm really excited for the filler between arcs, maybe Vegito stays fused and has to deal with everyone :allears:

I hope its not the multiverse tournament, because that would mean we have lots more Dragonball Super to look forward to. The next arc should be about Pilaf building his own time machine, or maybe Buu eats Beerus and goes on some kind of rampage? There are lots of things they could do!

The next filler arc will be play time with Lord Zeno, and I am honestly looking forward to that more than the tournament. I want to see what Zenos powers are!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

visceril posted:

What's up bros it's ya boy KaiDaiPai and today we're gonna stream some Xenoverse

Like the supreme kai and kibito would not be an LP duo.

King kai makes SSLPs of old obscure RPGs.
Also posts in AI about his old rear end car collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Carlosologist posted:

Straight up: this is why my head keeps going "Vegitto won't be able to defuse, thus fighting in the Multiverse Tournament will be for the sake of a defusing wish", because I want awkward Vegitto slice of life episodes.

"Well, the future is saved, cya, son. err. half-son?...champ. yeah, cya champ. Hey, Bulmaaaaaa. um. I'll just go get the dragon balls *fwish* the balls are inert???"
"we used them a few months back, yeah, there's still almost a full year befo-"
"Off to namek. *fwish* They say their balls won't work until next year! WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!"

• Locked thread