Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

The name's Ball. Lonzo Ball.

NCAA released their list of talented players with amusing names to watch this year :
Bam Adebayo, Kentucky Wildcats , Fr.
Dwayne Bacon , Florida State Seminoles , So.
Lonzo Ball, UCLA Bruins , Fr.
V.J. Beachem , Notre Dame Fighting Irish , Sr.
Joel Berry II , North Carolina Tar Heels , Jr. (thank you berry much)
James Blackson Jr., Indiana Hoosiers , Jr. (black porzingis)
Jaron Blossomgame , Clemson Tigers , Sr.
Trevon Bluiett , Xavier Musketeers , Jr. (he did)
Miles Bridges , Michigan State Spartans , Fr. (very interstatey)
Jawun Evans , Oklahoma State Cowboys , So.
De'Aaron Fox , Kentucky, Fr.
Markelle Fultz , Washington Huskies , Fr.
Peter Jok , Iowa Hawkeyes , Sr.
Melo Trimble , Maryland Terrapins , Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Philly is rocked by injuries. They are missing two starters and their best player plays 24 minutes not every game.

Most teams would stuggle with this

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Philly is rocked by injuries. They are missing two starters and their best player plays 24 minutes not every game.

Most teams would stuggle with this

Down two starters, a bench player, and another starter and bench guy are both on heavy minutes restrictions on a team already with poo poo talent.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kiimo posted:

Is this why the "obama is a moron" facebook page has thousands of members even though Barack Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school?
no, that's because white supremacists can't accept that black people are their equals, much less smarter and more successful than them. if they watched the nba we'd have a lot more jj redick conspiracies.

EvanTH posted:

NCAA released their list of talented players with amusing names to watch this year :
Bam Adebayo, Kentucky Wildcats , Fr.
Dwayne Bacon , Florida State Seminoles , So.
Lonzo Ball, UCLA Bruins , Fr.
V.J. Beachem , Notre Dame Fighting Irish , Sr.
Joel Berry II , North Carolina Tar Heels , Jr. (thank you berry much)
James Blackson Jr., Indiana Hoosiers , Jr. (black porzingis)
Jaron Blossomgame , Clemson Tigers , Sr.
Trevon Bluiett , Xavier Musketeers , Jr. (he did)
Miles Bridges , Michigan State Spartans , Fr. (very interstatey)
Jawun Evans , Oklahoma State Cowboys , So.
De'Aaron Fox , Kentucky, Fr.
Markelle Fultz , Washington Huskies , Fr.
Peter Jok , Iowa Hawkeyes , Sr.
Melo Trimble , Maryland Terrapins , Jr.
kind of a down year, but Miles Bridges is great.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 12, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Markelle Fultz is going to be the number one pick btw. If not definitely the #1 point guard.

edit: Also Udoka Azubuike (oo-doh-kuh as-a-boo-kee) totally snubbed.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 12, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Popovich picked up where Van Gundy left off.

quote:

"Right now I'm just trying to formulate thoughts. It's too early. I'm just sick to my stomach. Not basically because the Republicans won or anything, but the disgusting tenure and tone and all of the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic.

"I live in that country where half of the people ignored all of that to elect someone. That's the scariest part of the whole thing to me. It's got nothing to do with the environment and Obamacare, and all of the other stuff. We live in a country that ignored all of those values that we would hold our kids accountable for. They'd be grounded for years if they acted and said the things that have been said in that campaign by Donald Trump.

"I look at the Evangelicals and I wonder, those values don't mean anything to them? All of those values to me are more important than anybody's skill in business or anything else because it tells who we are, and how we want to live, and what kind of people we are. That's why I have great respect for people like Lindsey Graham and John McCain, John Kasich, who I disagree with on a lot of political things, but they had enough fiber and respect for humanity and tolerance for all groups to say what they said about the man.

"That's what worries me. I get it, of course we want to be successful, we're all going to say that. Everybody wants to be successful, it's our country, we don't want it to go down the drain. But any reasonable person would come to that conclusion, but it does not take away the fact that he used that fear mongering, and all of the comments, from day one, the race bating with trying to make Barack Obama, our first black president, illegitimate. It leaves me wondering where I've been living, and with whom I'm living.

"The fact that people can just gloss that over, start talking about the transition team, and we're all going to be kumbaya now and try to make the country good without talking about any of those things. And now we see that he's already backing off of immigration and Obamacare and other things, so was it a big fake, which makes you feel it's even more disgusting and cynical that somebody would use that to get the base that fired up. To get elected. And what gets lost in the process are African Americans, and Hispanics, and women, and the gay population, not to mention the eighth grade developmental stage exhibited by him when he made fun of the handicapped person. I mean, come on. That's what a seventh grade, eighth grade bully does. And he was elected president of the United States. We would have scolded our kids. We would have had discussions until we were blue in the face trying to get them to understand these things. He is in charge of our country. That's disgusting."

A reporter then interrupted him.

"I'm not done," Popovich said. "One could go on and on, we didn't make this stuff up. He's angry at the media because they reported what he said and how he acted. That's ironic to me. It makes no sense. So that's my real fear, and that's what gives me so much pause and makes me feel so badly that the country is willing to be that intolerant and not understand the empathy that's necessary to understand other group's situations. I'm a rich white guy, and I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it. I can't imagine being a Muslim right now, or a woman, or an African American, a Hispanic, a handicapped person. How disenfranchised they might feel. And for anyone in those groups that voted for him, it's just beyond my comprehension how they ignore all of that. My final conclusion is, my big fear is --- we are Rome."

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Jaron Blossomgame is a great name

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

no, that's because white supremacists can't accept that black people are their equals, much less smarter and more successful than them. if they watched the nba we'd have a lot more jj redick conspiracies.

kind of a down year, but Miles Bridges is great.

well that's just top NCAA players. The draft itself may include some of these folks:

Rodions Kurucs SFBarcelona 2, International
OG Anunoby SF Indiana, Sophomore
Jonathan Jeanne PF/C Espoirs Le Mans, International
Omer Yurtseven C N.C. State, Freshman (that's my address)
Kostja Mushidi SG (Mega Leks - International)
Shake Milton PG (SMU - Sophomore)
Alpha Kaba PF/C (Mega Leks - International)
D.J. Hogg SF (Texas A&M - Sophomore)
Chance Comanche PF/C (Arizona - Sophomore)

and yeah don't overlook Jaron Blossomgame

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus Christ that pop quote

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

well that's just top NCAA players. The draft itself may include some of these folks:

Rodions Kurucs SFBarcelona 2, International
OG Anunoby SF Indiana, Sophomore
Jonathan Jeanne PF/C Espoirs Le Mans, International
Omer Yurtseven C N.C. State, Freshman (that's my address)
Kostja Mushidi SG (Mega Leks - International)
Shake Milton PG (SMU - Sophomore)
Alpha Kaba PF/C (Mega Leks - International)
D.J. Hogg SF (Texas A&M - Sophomore)
Chance Comanche PF/C (Arizona - Sophomore)

and yeah don't overlook Jaron Blossomgame

Is Shake Milton's name pronounced like Shake or is it like Shah-kay or something

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
That Pop quote was much better than the voting for Don Nelson one.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Making this joke again:

Where does Omer live?
He lives in yurt seven

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/Sportando/status/797077891108536321

Jimmer was right all along and might be as good as Michael Beasley.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Making this joke again:

Where does Omer live?
He lives in yurt seven

the crying of yurt seven

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So far this season, I've seen Bogut spend more minutes arguing on twitter than playing basketball.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
As someone who isn't a 50 year old dad, I'm so glad I don't have to be embarrassed to be an NBA fan like I am as an NFL fan.

EDIT: to give my post some slightly more basketball related content, check out your 2016-2017 New York Knickerbockers

https://streamable.com/wyop

houstonguy fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why did the bulls get stuck with the lovely grant brother

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

R.D. Mangles posted:

the crying of yurt seven

lol. my boy mangles bringing the literary heat

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

R.D. Mangles posted:

the crying of yurt seven

the worst pynchon novel

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Demar...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/797158757419495424

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Oden :(

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/18022504/greg-oden-says-remembered-biggest-bust-nba-history

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions
Pop is awesome.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

chunkles posted:

Declan is Terrence Williams, and can't post because he has to take a wheelbarrow of bolivars to buy groceries

please do not repost my facebook feed without my permission

He's gonna be 30 next year the dream is dead :(

boxcarhobo posted:

MKG out tonight with a bad back vs the Raps

;~;

Some dude named Treveon Graham getting the start? Who dis?

vcu bitch go a ram

Good rebounder, streaky three point shooter, once saw him puke after doing a giant dab. good guy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Has any team won both games in a rematch so far?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tae posted:

Has any team won both games in a rematch so far?

Rockets won both games vs the depleted Mavs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/cranekicker/status/797275768120340485

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Rockets won both games vs the depleted Mavs.

They're also gonna win both matches against the Spurs :twisted:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What is happening to the Pacers....

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BB remembering when he hung out in front of a convenience store wearing a trench coat.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is happening to the Pacers....

There is only one process and his name is Joel Embiid

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

There is only one process and his name is Joel Embiid

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/797274612233097217

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Here they come, team of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAP2nmo8al8

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Guys Demar is good and I enjoy watching him play

(putting this here so I can quote it after I poo poo post about him for 2 weeks come playoff time)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

also, I bitch about Casey here non stop but it's a testament to him and this core that the team is looking at 3 straight years of very strong starts. Especially in the poo poo hole that is the east having that type of chemistry and consistency goes along way

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Spacebump posted:

So far this season, I've seen Bogut spend more minutes arguing on twitter than playing basketball.

Yeah he does that. He's kind of a huge whiny baby.

And typing that makes me feel disgusting because it might mean Mark Jackson was a tiny bit right about him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Nobody watches the Pacers, but you gotta check out a Paul George super cut or something. He has the silkiest loving shot. It is a thing of beauty. Just art.

Some team is going to really like him when his FA comes up.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Charlotte's Purple Shirt Man was at the Raptors game tonight

https://streamable.com/x6t6

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

It was a little heartbreaking to hear him say that.

I don't really know if he could be the biggest bust. Look at Anthony Bennet's fat rear end. At least everyone knew that Oden would have been good if he played. Dude would have been an all time defender/rim protector over the course of an actual career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I just hope he isn't being an alcoholic or whatever. He seems pretty depressed

• Locked thread