Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

is there a reason why we (Australia) have done so well out of coal over the past 10-15 years and America hasn't?

Aussieland is much closer to China so smaller shipping costs.

Of course when China invades in 2027 during the fourth year of the Great Global Recession that won't matter much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

NecroMonster posted:

literally no one took the nazi's seriously either, until the nazi's had enough power to just kill anyone who dissented

The Nazi's were competent

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Darkman Fanpage posted:

does this mean we get to complain about the amount of time he spends on the golf course like they did with obama? :mrgw: time to work on my golf jokes.

"... Now watch this - and it's, lemme tell ya, it's gonna be terrific - drive."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

sounds like america's got some

lmbo

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/andrewsweiss/status/797275522606780420

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gonna have to word it better than that Vlad

"Pulling back American forces" doesn't sound like it's something that would Make America Great Again

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
guys, i keep waking up every morning and trump is still president-elect

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

heathers: almost over

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

fifth element: coming up real soon

:hai:

intermission then fifth element

:getin:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
>I put on my sport coat and maga hat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

he looks like an 80s henchman in a spy flick

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Wikkheiser posted:

The protests are only beginning. Progressives are radicalizing and racist attacks are going viral on social media, which only encourages more protests. Cops with MAGA hats overreact and stomp on the protesters, which causes the protests to escalate further.

Trump, meanwhile, is going to be encamped in D.C. and wants to spend his weekends in Trump Tower in downtown New York City? Good luck with that.

Euromaidan USA

Yep. It's only a matter of time till something really public happens like a cop gunning down some anti-Trump protestors or Trump supporters murdering someone on camera and then everything will escalate.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Schnorkles posted:

a lot of american coal is really lovely coal too from my recollection, though i am no expert in coal

yeah, I know our (export) coal is pretty high quality which is why it get used a lot in steel production, but I wasn't sure what else was a factor

shipping costs being one of the ones I missed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"hey buddy just let us take estonia hehe it's cool man"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao who am i kidding trump is definitely gonna let russia take some baltic states

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Trump team rivalries spark infighting

lol

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

apparently so is trump

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
tfw you realize that Alan Moore wrote a comic thirty years ago with a Trumpkin protagonist who was a poor kid who was used up and thrown away by the capitalist system and whose resentment festered and who said that he would say "No" when the politicians and cultural elites realized that the world was going to end.

Rorschach's "I'll whisper 'no'" monologue was this election.

(Except, Rorschach didn't actually say "No" when it came down to it, unlike the real Trumpkins.)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao who am i kidding trump is definitely gonna let russia take some baltic states

He's willing to give up Baltic as long as he gets to keep either Park Place or Boardwalk.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
"Mr. President, a portion of the wall collapsed killing 50 octogenarian border patrol volunteers, we need to get ahead of this, make a statement."

"It's Saturday." Donald replied.

"Yes sir, Saturday the 5th. Is that relevant?"

Mournfully, Donald gazed at his golf clubs. His caddy, Chris Christie, had brought them into the oval office for a planned outing later.

"I guess not" he replied, a little part of him dying.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vlad don't get it.

Thanks for the Wikileak bro, now gently caress off.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Tin pot dictator confirmed.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol this administration is gonna leak like a sieve

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

apatheticman posted:

Nah, not at first. They purged the incompetents though the moment they could, so there's that

although structurally they just ended up with a new batch of incomps eventually, because sucking up the fuhrer was ultimately as important as actually getting poo poo done

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

quote:

The tensions played a role in a Friday shakeup in which the president-elect replaced his transition team chief Chris Christie with his running mate Mike Pence. Sources familiar with the move say it was precipitated partly by clashes between Christie’s allies and rival factions on the transition team, as well as Trump’s influential son-in-law Jared Kushner.

[...]

People who witnessed that infighting up close see signs of similar patterns emerging, with some of the same players involved. And they fear that the dynamic could cripple Trump’s operation before it ever gets off the ground, since launching an administration requires hiring thousands of employees and setting up far more intricate chains of command than those in place during Trump’s bare-bones presidential campaign.

In fact, some of the clashes stem from the tension between early Trump loyalists and the GOP establishment. There’s lingering distrust, for instance, between allies of Trump’s initial campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who is being discussed as a possible chairman of the Republican National Committee, and allies of Reince Priebus, the current RNC chairman.

Priebus, who bitterly collided with Lewandowski and played a role in the campaign manager’s firing in June, is considered a leading candidate for chief of staff in the Trump White House.
That has irked some of Lewandowski’s allies, who view Priebus as embodying an establishment that scoffed at Trump early in the campaign.

[...]

A handful of sources in and around the Trump transition team said there was no evidence that the president-elect had even reviewed any of the binders of policy and personnel proposals produced by the team. Trump’s only contact with the transition staff, the sources said, had come through Christie, the New Jersey governor and transition team chief who was demoted on Friday from transition team chairman to being one of several vice chairs.

The conservatives’ influence on the transition team figures to increase with the elevation of Vice President-elect Pence, whose tax-slashing, anti-abortion record as governor of Indiana made him a conservative favorite.

Some of the personnel moves proposed by Christie’s team drew the ire of both conservatives and early Trump loyalists, who viewed them as rewarding, instead of punishing, Republicans who were less than fully supportive of — if not downright hostile to — Trump during the primary.

A third faction on the transition team is aligned with Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, an early Trump backer whose allies on the transition team handle congressional outreach and immigration policy.

[...]

But perhaps the biggest power base is Trump’s own family. His adult children and especially his son-in-law Kushner have unrivaled clout with the president-elect, and have not shied away from using it to spur personnel changes.

Two people familiar with the transition said Christie’s top deputy, Rich Bagger, had run afoul of Kushner.

“That’s a fight you can’t win,” one of the people said. “The Christie people are from New Jersey, they act like they’re in charge, and Jared Kushner is like, ‘You're not really in charge.’”

Rick Dearborn, a top Sessions aide, was elevated to transition team executive director in place of Bagger, who the Trump team said in a statement "will return to the private sector" but remain an adviser.

In a Friday statement explaining the elevation of Pence and Dearborn, President-elect Trump praised "the initial work done under the leadership of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to help prepare a transformative government ready to lead from day one."

[...]

"This is like the Oklahoma landgrab,” said the operative. “It's gonna get vicious the next 70 days as people try to place their people where they want them. And Christie's people ain't the same as [Trump campaign CEO Steve] Bannon's people ain't the same as Sessions' people."

long article, but here are snippets about the state of the transition team

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

he looks like an 80s henchman in a spy flick

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
obviously trump needs to turn his transition into a reality tv show. i mean jesus can you imagine the ratings?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Chief of Staff will be Priebus or Lewandowski hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

Chief of Staff will be Priebus or Lewandowski hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hey now lewandowski just left cnn

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

it wont be lewandowski, even as much as lewandowski wants it

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

:sad:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i think it will be priebus. lewandowski is too much of a wild card while priebus is a complete bootlicker.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Lmao at trump being the potus who covers the country with TRFs because he wants to jack off in his own bed

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

white house press secretary is one position i am dying to know who is selected

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I think he'll pick Priebus too but all my predictions this year have meant poo poo so I guess who knows

I hope he does, though, so all the conspiracy theorist types can immediately turn on him while asking tearfully "How? How did we get duped? He was an outsider!"

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

mannerup posted:

it's gonna be hope hicks!!!!!

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mannerup posted:

gotta be hope hicks, she's the one person from the original campaign staff that has managed to navigate the entire shitshow unscathed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

Lmao at trump being the potus who covers the country with TRFs because he wants to jack off in his own bed

im not familiar with that acronym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

:smugdon:

• Locked thread