Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

[Insert Anecdote about the Greyhound and the Cat]

e: Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
Alex Jones deserves a cabinet position for all his hard work fighting the infowar this election cycle.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

GrimGypsy posted:

Yeah I think he'll pick Priebus too but all my predictions this year have meant poo poo so I guess who knows

I heard on CNN he was picking Priebus but hell who knows

He could get pissed off a week from now and fire him

Edit: I decided that if I was going to be posting this much, I might as well get myself an avatar. This seemed appropriate.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

I'd like to hear from some Baltic goons, are your people flipping out right now?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mystic pimp posted:

Alex Jones deserves a cabinet position for all his hard work fighting the infowar this election cycle.

make him press secretary

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
NO PEACEFUL TRANSITION

antifa posted:

#DisruptJ20: Call for a bold mobilization against the inauguration of Donald Trump on January 20, 2017

On Friday, January 20, 2017, Donald Trump will be inaugurated as President of the United States. We call on all people of good conscience to join in disrupting the ceremonies. If Trump is to be inaugurated at all, let it happen behind closed doors, showing the true face of the security state Trump will preside over. It must be made clear to the whole world that the vast majority of people in the United States do not support his presidency or consent to his rule.

Trump stands for tyranny, greed, and misogyny. He is the champion of neo-nazis and white Nationalists, of the police who kill the Black, Brown and poor on a daily basis, of racist border agents and sadistic prison guards, of the FBI and NSA who tap your phone and read your email. He is the harbinger of even more climate catastrophe, deportation, discrimination, and endless war. He continues to deny the existence of climate change, in spite of all the evidence, putting the future of the whole human race at stake. The KKK, Vladimir Putin, Golden Dawn, and the Islamic State all cheered his victory. If we let his inauguration go unchallenged, we are opening the door to the future they envision.

Trump’s success confirms the bankruptcy of representative democracy. Rather than using the democratic process as an alibi for inaction, we must show that no election could legitimize his agenda. Neither the Democrats nor any other political party or politician will save us—they just offer a weaker version of the same thing. If there is going to be positive change in this society, we have to make it ourselves, together, through direct action.

From day one, the Trump presidency will be a disaster. #DisruptJ20 will be the start of the resistance. We must take to the streets and protest, blockade, disrupt, intervene, sit in, walk out, rise up, and make more noise and good trouble than the establishment can bear. The parade must be stopped. We must delegitimize Trump and all he represents.
It's time to defend ourselves, our loved ones, and the world that sustains us as if our lives depend on it—because they do.

In Washington, DC
DC will not be hospitable to the Trump administration. Every corporation must openly declare whether they side with him or with the people who will suffer at his hands. Thousands will converge and demonstrate resistance to the Trump regime. Save the date. A website will appear shortly with more details. #DisruptJ20

Around the US
If you can’t make it to Washington, DC on January 20, take to the streets wherever you are. We call on our comrades to organize demonstrations and other actions for the night of January 20. There is also a call for a general strike to take place. Organize a walkout at your school now. Workers: call out sick and take the day off. No work, no school, no shopping, no housework. #DisruptJ20

Around the World
If you are living outside the US, you can take action at US embassies, borders, or other symbols of neocolonial power. Our allegiance is not to “making America great again,” but to all of humanity and the planet. #DisruptJ20

Spread the word. Join the fight. #DisruptJ20

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

make him press secretary
Making the White House press corps interact with the loving Alex Jones Show on a regular basis would be incredible.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's happening.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

He doesn't understand how much this city hates him

at all

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol is john oliver gunna be on sunday night?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's literally the South park plot lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hes gonna use tanks to disperse the protesters at his inauguration. it will be known as tanfatman's square

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
There will be droves of literal fascists, neo-nazis, white supremacists, and alt right at the inauguration too. The good thing is that, for now, antifascists are almost always more prepared, organized, and much more numerous than fascists when they rally.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mannerup posted:

long article, but here are snippets about the state of the transition team:

“That’s a fight you can’t win,” one of the people said. “The Christie people are from New Jersey, they act like they’re in charge, and Jared Kushner is like, ‘You're not really in charge.’”

But then the Christie people are all "Nuh-uh!" :nyd: And so everyone is all, like, totally not speaking to each other now. Oh my God it is SUCH a mess, I swear.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I never thought I'd get to be part of an organized large-scale antifa campaign so I guess that's cool

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

What kind of results do demonstrations like these typically have? Are they usually effective or counterproductive/ easily counteted?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

mystic pimp posted:

Making the White House press corps interact with the loving Alex Jones Show on a regular basis would be incredible.

*rips off shirt*

WHO HAS A QUESTION FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Telephones posted:

What kind of results do demonstrations like these typically have? Are they usually effective or counterproductive/ easily counteted?

Trump already called them unfair, thats more than any president has commented negatively on protests in years. Someone hang a mission accomplished sign.

vbdevil
May 9, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OfEQTSxawU&t=20s

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im not familiar with that acronym

Oh my bad I been drinking. It stands for temporary flight restriction. Basically any time the president flies in Air Force one the FCC issues a huge loving bubble blocking any plans from that area and it's a huge headache for both civilian and military aviation. So lol that he will create a bubble blocking planes from DC to NYC every weekend

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

SpaceGoku posted:

gotta be hope hicks, she's the one person from the original campaign staff that has managed to navigate the entire shitshow unscathed

not sure on hope hicks, she was very camera shy on the trail and never did public appearances on trump's behalf

white house communications director however

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

NecroMonster posted:

literally no one took the nazi's seriously either, until the nazi's had enough power to just kill anyone who dissented

Perhaps read some the speeches Hitler made in 1922 before the NYT wrote that article and then realize you're being an idiot (edit; quoted the wrong post but this is for all of you who have somehow just seen that NYT article)

here is a taste:

LITERALLY HITLER posted:

The Jew never works as a productive creator without the great aim of becoming the master. He works unproductively using and enjoying other people's work. And thus we understand the iron sentence which Mommsen once uttered: 'The Jew is the ferment of decomposition in peoples,' that means that the Jew destroys and must destroy because he completely lacks the conception of an activity which builds up the life of the community. And therefore it is beside the point whether the individual Jew is 'decent' or not. In himself he carries those characteristics which Nature has given him, and he cannot ever rid himself of those characteristics. And to us he is harmful. Whether he harms us consciously or unconsciously, that is not our affair. We have consciously to concern ourselves for the welfare of our own people.

this and Trump is not comparable, several paragraphs before this he gives an in-depth explanation for why DEMOCRACY MUST BE CRUSHED, etc

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 12, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/797315629934112768

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The last few first ladies have done that

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

so can we expect a giant gold TRUMP sign on the Trumphouse any time soon?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Good, a paralyzed government is better than an actively malicious one

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
The Portland protests have reached the "unlawful assembly, tear gas incoming" portion of the evening.
https://www.facebook.com/theoregonian/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

e: gas deployed

I figure this will be a nightly thing forever

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Von Sloneker posted:

The Portland protests have reached the "unlawful assembly, tear gas incoming" portion of the evening.
https://www.facebook.com/theoregonian/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

e: gas deployed

I figure this will be a nightly thing forever

my best guess is the moment they start arresting people these protests will die off. to be quite honest things haven't gotten bad enough for people to risk having criminal records, but then again i never expected to be typing president-elect Trump

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
Here is a terrifying thought for the evening. What does Putin do once Trump takes office? Invade Ukraine?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I keep coming back to this probably because somebody posted a preview on FB of Jay Leno's dumb car show that I watch despite hating both cars and Leno. Anyway, Biden said he had driven three times while VP and this fascinated me because it means the Secret Service really has a lot of control over what the POTUS and VPOTUS do. Considering the fact that they have been protecting 1600 Pennsylvania (poorly at times) for decades, and it had underground bunkers and anti-ballistic countermeasures, can they disallow him from going home every weekend since they cannot possibly protect him as well in NY as they can in DC?

Please, somebody tell me my fantasy of the Secret Service fighting with Trump will come true.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

poo poo Trump is going to just nuke Mexico isn't he?

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/11/he-can-build-a-wall-but-well-just-build-a-tunnel/507368/

quote:

Another man, who has crossed the border illegally several times, laughs at the idea that a border wall will solve anything. “Trump can build the tallest wall that he can, and we will find a way to fly over it, just like birds.”

I like this guy's glib idgaf optimism.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

confused posted:

Here is a terrifying thought for the evening. What does Putin do once Trump takes office? Invade Ukraine?
I'm not sure even Putin knows. It sounds like the whole hacking thing was done with the expectation of weakening President Hillary.

Trump was shocked that he got elected.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/11/he-can-build-a-wall-but-well-just-build-a-tunnel/507368/

trump can't invade the skies

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FAUXTON posted:

The wall is stupid because it won't help jack poo poo. The coyotes will find a way over, under, or around.

Edit: This is why it needs to be that tire fire with automated machine guns and self-healing minefield that Freep talked about.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol they're panicking on the inside

https://twitter.com/amyfiscus/status/797235313542385664

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

confused posted:

Umm, he already did and currently is

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

There will be droves of literal fascists, neo-nazis, white supremacists, and alt right at the inauguration too. The good thing is that, for now, antifascists are almost always more prepared, organized, and much more numerous than fascists when they rally.

Yeah...for peaceful protests, during which a 20 year old breaks a window and discredits the entire movement.

The problem is that the Trump gendarmes are armed and very much willing to use violence and intimidation. And now they have the full force of the US government behind them.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Admiral Ray posted:

The wall is stupid because it won't help jack poo poo. The coyotes will find a way over, under, or around.

Edit: This is why it needs to be that tire fire with automated machine guns and self-healing minefield that Freep talked about.

do what the Koreans do and make it the longest militarized border in human history

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I'm looking forward to 4 years of "a Trump spokesman did not respond to questions at the time of this article's publication" being featured in every news story. The media's gonna need a snappy portmanteau or acronym or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Wikkheiser posted:

It's happening.

Dude. People have been saying "it's happening" on here for a year and a half.

It's never happening.

• Locked thread