Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

poo poo Trump is going to just nuke Mexico isn't he?

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/11/he-can-build-a-wall-but-well-just-build-a-tunnel/507368/

I like this guy's glib idgaf optimism.

build a dome send them home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Agrajag posted:

do what the Koreans do and make it the longest militarized border in human history

shot on sight? i can see them getting behind it

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

mystic pimp posted:

Alex Jones deserves a cabinet position for all his hard work fighting the infowar this election cycle.

Wow. What's Alex Jones going to do now that he's actually allied with the US President (elect)?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

a.lo posted:

shot on sight? i can see them getting behind it

hell you don't even need the national guard or army for this poo poo. thousands would probably volunteer or go for minimum wage. Trump should have me on his Wall commitee

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Wow. What's Alex Jones going to do now that he's actually allied with the US President (elect)?

the same pivot Fox News makes with every transition to republican governance: focus on the critics

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

alex jones for press secretary

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Agrajag posted:

do what the Koreans do and make it the longest militarized border in human history

Helluva nature preserve in that DMZ.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Agrajag posted:

hell you don't even need the national guard or army for this poo poo. thousands would probably volunteer or go for minimum wage. Trump should have me on his Wall commitee

Can make you the Wall Czar.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Trash Trick posted:

It's literally the South park plot lol

ahahahahahahahaha

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/markos/status/796767945334648832

founder of daily kos and vox gettin' all huffy and puffy

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

quote:

Kushner’s presence at the White House on Thursday drew notice from Obama’s staff when he asked, as they toured the West Wing, how many of the individuals there would remain into the next administration. Nearly all will depart along with the president.

god drat this is going to be some kinda show. i'd hate to be one of Obama's staff picked out to stay behind to help with the transition. he'd be like one of the rear guard having to give up his/her life so the rest can make safe retreat. bless you brave soul

quote:

“It’s in everybody’s interest to have a good transition,” said Martha Kumar, the director of the White House Transition Project. “We’re living in a world of great vulnerability. You can’t afford to not prepare well.

lol nothing about Trump's entire campaign has been about preparing.... this really is somethin else.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 12, 2016

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Von Sloneker posted:

the same pivot Fox News makes with every transition to republican governance: focus on the critics

Yeah. Makes sense.

I have to admit, the right wing propaganda machine is far more prolific and effective at indoctrinating the public.

The left wing really needs to find and recruit an exceptionally talented character assassin if they're going to compete with that.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Telephones posted:

What kind of results do demonstrations like these typically have? Are they usually effective or counterproductive/ easily counteted?

This is similar to what's referred to in activist circles as a "summit protest," where protesters converge on a city to confront and/or disrupt a specific meeting, like the Seattle WTO 1999, Genoa G8 2001, St. Paul RNC 2008, Pittsburgh G20 2011. The WTO in 1999 was a huge success in disrupting the summit, but after the increased police militarization post-9/11, they've become a largely ineffective strategy due to state repression. There's usually a fuckload of heavily armed riot police. However, the antiglobalization summit protests, for example, played an important role in delegitimizing global institutions like the WTO, IMF, World Bank, and G8/G20, changing celebratory meetings of elites into battlegrounds.

They're not counterproductive at all, just not usually worth it for the most part. HOWEVER, in this particular case, an anti-Trump resistance movement could show from day 1 of the regime that Trump's rule is strongly contested, and just because he was elected, doesn't mean people are going to consent to it. It'll at least create a logistical nightmare for the ceremony and put a damper on his victory celebration. And depending on what the next 68 days bring, the protest could go out with a whimper and be heavily repressed, or it just maybe could trigger a legit political crisis leading to the fall of Trump and the Republicans!!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Yeah. Makes sense.

I have to admit, the right wing propaganda machine is far more prolific and effective at indoctrinating the public.

The left wing really needs to find and recruit an exceptionally talented character assassin if they're going to compete with that.

rachel maddow is a good start... for the last two nights she seems pretty on point about not giving an inch and not giving him the benefit of the doubt till he proves otherwise. unlike all the other limp dicked journos on every other news channel/show

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

They're not counterproductive at all, just not usually worth it for the most part. HOWEVER, in this particular case, an anti-Trump resistance movement could show from day 1 of the regime that Trump's rule is strongly contested, and just because he was elected, doesn't mean people are going to consent to it. It'll at least create a logistical nightmare for the ceremony and put a damper on his victory celebration. And depending on what the next 68 days bring, the protest could go out with a whimper and be heavily repressed, or it just maybe could trigger a legit political crisis leading to the fall of Trump and the Republicans!!

you gotta know the moment that video was uploaded the nsa/secret service/fbi are already going to hammer down on this hard

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 12, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Yeah. Makes sense.

He retired :smith:

E: also Maddow

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Agrajag posted:

rachel maddow is a good start... for the last two nights she seems pretty on point about not giving an inch and not giving him the benefit of the doubt till he proves otherwise. unlike all the other limp dicked journos on every other news channel/show

She told her collegues she would take him at his word. Chris Matthews (who is retiring his show next year) and everybody else started poking her about it, that Trump would face reality in Washington and it would change him.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

change my name posted:

Good, a paralyzed government is better than an actively malicious one

Imagine trump responding to hurricane katrina or god forbid 9/11

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

my best guess is the moment they start arresting people these protests will die off. to be quite honest things haven't gotten bad enough for people to risk having criminal records, but then again i never expected to be typing president-elect Trump

they arrested people yesterday and the day before so maybe not I guess unless they arrest every single one and keep them in jail. I think the notion/image of trump as idiot bumbling around mindlessly destroying everything is probably dangerous considering his mindless idiocy is pretty successful and somehow manages to rally millions of people a reasonable portion of which are racist nut jobs that really do want to organize deportation squads.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 12, 2016

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

The WTO in 1999 was a huge success in disrupting the summit, but after the increased police militarization post-9/11, they've become a largely ineffective strategy due to state repression.

I was at this one! It was super tear gassy. Still love Pagliacci's though.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

NecroMonster posted:

i dunno, what if you just shoot everyone who doesn't agree with/work with you the way the nazi's did?

I know we're all discussing worst case scenarios etc but there is literally no way anyone would get away with straight up purging political opponents in the USA in the 21st century

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:discourse:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Agrajag posted:

my best guess is the moment they start arresting people these protests will die off. to be quite honest things haven't gotten bad enough for people to risk having criminal records, but then again i never expected to be typing president-elect Trump

Portland police were blaming a seperate group of anarchist protesters and letting the legit ones move to another location according to what I have read.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

ymgve posted:

I know we're all discussing worst case scenarios etc but there is literally no way anyone would get away with electing donald trump in the USA in the 21st century

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ymgve posted:

I know we're all discussing worst case scenarios etc but there is literally no way anyone would get away with straight up purging political opponents in the USA in the 21st century

trump has the undying loyalty of his base and the threat of primaries hanging over the house and senate and will soon control the scotus.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nonsense posted:

She told her collegues she would take him at his word. Chris Matthews (who is retiring his show next year) and everybody else started poking her about it, that Trump would face reality in Washington and it would change him.

Please tell me Matthews show is being replaced by a Joy Reid one

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Venom Snake posted:

Imagine trump responding to hurricane katrina or god forbid 9/11

You know, a republican who lost the popular vote and was seen by many as a buffoon had been in office a mere nine months when 9/11 happened.

And that president? Albert Einstein.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Police have been arresting protesters for as long as there's been protesters. These protests will stop by tomorrow night and folks will rest and organize. Then something will spur them back into action in the coming weeks. Remember, the Democrats are done for now, humiliated and powerless and discredited. There's only street-level movements now.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ymgve posted:

you're wrong. we have the apparatus for it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

You know, a republican who lost the popular vote and was seen by many as a buffoon had been in office a mere nine months when 9/11 happened.

And that president? Albert Einstein.

George Bush did not say Appreciate the Congrats.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Police have been arresting protesters for as long as there's been protesters. These protests will stop by tomorrow night and folks will rest and organize. Then something will spur them back into action in the coming weeks. Remember, the Democrats are done for now, humiliated and powerless and discredited. There's only street-level movements now.

sadly i think these are EXTREMELY easy to delegitimize

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

iospace posted:

Please tell me Matthews show is being replaced by a Joy Reid one

MSNBC will want -- or believe they can get -- access, so...

-hits rewind button--

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Agrajag posted:

sadly i think these are EXTREMELY easy to delegitimize

who cares? it's not an institution, it's just people coming together

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

who cares? it's not an institution, it's just people coming together

fair enough, lets hope they don't end up doing the OWS twinkle hands collective poo poo.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Venom Snake posted:

George Bush did not say Appreciate the Congrats.

I am saying that such a thing could happen and that it would be an absolute nightmare and probably throw us into at least a civil war as a result of people lynching Muslims, Sikhs, and swarthy Latinos who look kinda' Muzz-lam in the streets.

I am skeptical of some of the folks thinking this is the harbinger of the apocalypse but that would probably get 'er dun.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

also im being charitable here but don't white house staff (not staffers), like, people doing the cleaning, cooking whatever, stick around? maybe it's miscommunication?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ymgve posted:

also im being charitable here but don't white house staff (not staffers), like, people doing the cleaning, cooking whatever, stick around? maybe it's miscommunication?

No Trump's son-in-law legit believed that former staffers to a premiere Democratic president were going to stick around and help Trump out lol

That or this is more media scuttlebutt to ingratiate themselves to us after delivering us Donald John Trump.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ymgve posted:

you could be right you could be wrong, who knows! this is whats so great about all this, nobody knows what is going on not even Trumps transition team, it seems.

Nonsense posted:

No Trump's son-in-law legit believed that former staffers to a premiere Democratic president were going to stick around and help Trump out lol

OR or or or, get this, he was legit concerned about the gardeners, and cleaning staff! after all, whether the carpet is vacuumed or not is of national importance.

i like this game.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 12, 2016

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
trump ain't hitler, but ffs stop pretending this is a normal election cycle

dunno if this has been posted http://www2.nybooks.com/daily/s3/nov/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival.html

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

ymgve posted:

typical for staff at that level to go between administrations unless they have some personal reason to resign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheFunnyVine/status/797004732980150272

• Locked thread