Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Dollar pull got me echo's ssb. It's honestly a really good buff for a black mage, it being hastega, shellga and a res buff. I guess when the ever rare ff1 content rears it's ugly head, I'll just use echo as support and have matoya use the rod for damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Juxta posted:

Put Ashe's BSB up as RM for Omega: akiM

I killed him with no healing thanks to this lmao what a joke.

Since I haven't updated in a while, which I was reminded of by the poster who asked for help making their own, I figured that the end of this mini-fest was a good time to update my Synergy sheet.

So uh...when's the next V event again? :v:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 11, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IcePhoenix posted:

Dead Dad Dorgann should come about a month after the Onion Knight event, so sometime before the end of the year. :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

IcePhoenix posted:

Since I haven't updated in a while, which I was reminded of by the poster who asked for help making their own, I figured that the end of this mini-fest was a good time to update my Synergy sheet.

I've completely changed my approach to this. I realized that I'll never have issues figuring out what I have for each realm, since I can always just sort with realm synergy, and be done with that.

What I do have issues with is remembering what soul breaks I actually have. I've been using the same few A-Team members for ages now, only really branching out during Cid's Missions. This had lead to some really silly things like forgetting certain SSB's I have entirely, when they would have been perfect for some boss or whatever.

So basically, I am now making my own miniature Enlir's database:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 11, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Attestant posted:

What I do have issues with is remembering what soul breaks I actually have. I've been using the same few A-Team members for ages now, only really branching out during Cid's Missions. This had lead to some really silly things like forgetting certain SSB's I have entirely, when they would have been perfect from some boss or whatever.

I constantly forget that I have Terra's BSB. I don't even remember how I got it. Part of making the list is that it helps me remember what I do have, though. Another part is that it really helps me cut out 5++ items that I really don't need anymore.

I might have to make another list like that one though to keep track.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I wasn't able to lower Omega's attack, still got Champion. Halting Rumba and an Ashe BSB RW completely destroyed it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Anybody still got a Tidus OSB RW with high Atk in X? Going to take a second attempt at the U++ today.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Anybody still got a Tidus OSB RW with high Atk in X? Going to take a second attempt at the U++ today.

Mine is still up if you want to check him out: DXRM

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Grozz Nuy posted:

Mine's not quite 80, but he's got the +water hairpin: YUTs

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Does anyone have any suggestions for killing the 3 pigs ultimate? I tried a summon team, and was hitting maybe 3k per cast (I didn't have sheepsong though, maybe that's what I need). I tried a shout+spellblade team and couldnt burn them down fast enough. I can normally take on ultimate+ no problem, so this is a bit of a puzzle.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for killing the 3 pigs ultimate? I tried a summon team, and was hitting maybe 3k per cast (I didn't have sheepsong though, maybe that's what I need). I tried a shout+spellblade team and couldnt burn them down fast enough. I can normally take on ultimate+ no problem, so this is a bit of a puzzle.
Use as many people with synergy as possible, RW sheepsong, spam ruinga + ninja magic + summons. Multi break if you have it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Maria BSB RW works as well, hitting the Fire and Earth weakness, then offering the user a +20% buff from the Burst and 30% buff in Magic from Command 2. If you grabbed the Witch's Hat you have a weak Faithga Shared SB too, or just casting Faith/Memento Mori.

Just bring Chain Blizzaga (even at R1) and other ice stuff to help take out the last piggy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Oh, I didn't bother taking them out one by one because the reviving mechanic sounded like a pain.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Oh, I didn't bother taking them out one by one because the reviving mechanic sounded like a pain.

It takes 20 seconds for them to revive, so you need to kill them all reasonably together, but definitely not at the exact same time.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Mmm.... gave Ashe BSB a try but I just don't have the juice to take out Omega. I have no native Faithgas other than Witch's Hat, and my only forms of Hastega are on Quistis's Cerberus (which isn't a terrible idea for this fight I think) and Eiko's Golem Flute. Hrm.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Well Omega was a non-issue for me. I had Edea's Inaguaral Parade so that probably helped, but once the bursts were rolling and the Stops were landing it was a matter of time before he fell. Fran was also supporting the team with Full Break + Mental Breakdown, ensuring quad 9s or close to it. And my reward is... a bunch of status resists?

Well all right. I guess we all need some Slow protection every now and then.

10 Major Eggs isn't bad either anyway.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Lechtansi posted:

Bartz doesn't have synergy there, but he's still nice to have if you have his BSB since he is capable of hitting the weaknesses of two out of the three bosses with that alone. It's definitely the fight which gave me the most trouble of the lot (even Omega ended up not being as much of a pain), but in general I would recommend focusing on using single-target attacks to hit their weaknesses. The time you have to deal with the remaining two after you kill one of them is far more generous than in the Gargoyles fight, so you should be fine in that regard as long as you spread around your damage fairly evenly. Other than that, I would recommend bringing a dancer to the fight since being able to debuff all of them at once can help a lot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
$1 pull on the XIII-2 banner got me Hope's Hawkeye. :toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dollar pull got me Sazh's SSB.

Yet Another Back Row relic for FFXIII. (My fourth FFXIII Gun) On the plus side, its a Shout Level Boostga and my first Magic Blink.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just started this up and got Blitz Sword (VIII)/ Riot Blade (X) and Chocobracelet (VII) from my inital pull and two 5 mythril first timer pulls. These worth keeping around or should I reroll

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just started this up and got Blitz Sword (VIII)/ Riot Blade (X) and Chocobracelet (VII) from my inital pull and two 5 mythril first timer pulls. These worth keeping around or should I reroll

Riot Blade is very good, the other two are nothing special. It's important to know starting out that you should always try to spend mythril on 11-relic draws if you can (they cost 50 mythril on most banners but 25 on 'lucky draw' banners, of which there is one running right now). You're guaranteed at least 1 5* relic if you do a big pull, whereas with anything less than that you're taking a gamble on hitting the 14% chance for a 5*. The mythril should come pretty quickly early on since the early dungeons cost very little stamina to clear and you're constantly earning refreshes from getting stamina cap increases. Try to make a pull on the first banner for the current X event (the one labeled Apocalypse) before it ends if you can, it's a very good all around banner.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Riot Blade is a real nice piece of kit for Auron, gives you a high-grade ATK/DEF debuff SB that stacks with other ATK and DEF debuffs.

The thing about FFRK is that it's really not as essential to reroll as it is for other gacha games - the 5* rate is pretty high (comparatively; it's 14% compared to most similar games' 5% or lower), and any 5* will carry you through the earliest stuff to get you more mythril to get more rolls.

Also, there is very, very few 5* items that are entirely worthless - most are either solid statsticks (especially in their home realms) or provide good SBs, if not both. Just keep pulling, and try to favor 11-draws (which have at least one guaranteed 5*) over yolo-pulls from here on out.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
After reallocating mythril for my planned pulls, I dropped an 11x in hopes of getting Serah's BSB. Got two of Noel's instead. :toot: So, combine or keep separate?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

After reallocating mythril for my planned pulls, I dropped an 11x in hopes of getting Serah's BSB. Got two of Noel's instead. :toot: So, combine or keep separate?

Do you have anything else for Lightning and/or Fang to swing around? It's still a solid sword.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

KataraniSword posted:

Do you have anything else for Lightning and/or Fang to swing around? It's still a solid sword.

I have flamberge, glaive, and punisher, so those two are set in terms of melee weapons (though I usually run Lightning with a gun for back-row spellblade shenanigans :getin:). I know XIII swords are hard to come by, though, which is why I'm a little hesitant.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Beat my first CM :toot:

The only SBs I had were Tidus's OSB, which did 90% of the work, and Paine's hastega. I sort of cheesed it by doing hit and run to build up 2 SB gauges for Tidus, and then just nuked the boss while everyone else debuffed. It took 4 OSB uses to kill him. RW was Sentinel's Grimoire.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to beat the current event CM as well since I have much higher character levels, 2 damage BSBs and an actual medica SB that isn't the shared one.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I have flamberge, glaive, and punisher, so those two are set in terms of melee weapons (though I usually run Lightning with a gun for back-row spellblade shenanigans :getin:). I know XIII swords are hard to come by, though, which is why I'm a little hesitant.

They're hard to come by, but at the same time, having two swords and two spears should be pretty solid; unless you're looking at a team of like Ramza/Faris/Noel/Celes, you should be able to get a fully-equipped physical team if you combine them.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Snow's ice SSB and red xiii's 10 hit shell SSB on my last 2/3 single pulls! Have faith in the single pull for iffy poo poo.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
How are people keeping Omega stopped after half health

a stop from a Y'shtola with 500 mind is broken in less than half a second.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shoenin posted:

Using two guys with Stop and spamming the hell out of it, in my case. Hasting them will help also.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

:crossarms: Maybe try not playing on speed 3? I don't know how much effect input lag has, but keeping both Selphie and Aerith spamming nothing but Stop (each about 500ish MND) gave Terra enough time to spam Ashe's BSB down and melt it down to slag.

At the same time, I did burn almost completely through a 5/5 stack from each of them.

EDIT: Yeah, they need to be hasted, too, I feel.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Here ya go, should be a beast!

I didn't know you couldn't pick a rm for your rw! What poo poo

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No big pulls or anything on this event, but I did get Guy's RM2 to drop near the end here. Can replace him with Noel in the RM lineup soon.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Defense isn't really the issue, I find; it's that we're still a few events away from Lightning Dive (and Kain's BSB) and even further away from Dual Lightning Strike. Our only source of multi-hit physical Lightning-elemental burst commands is Rikku's BSB, too.

Almost everything physical and lightning-based is capped at 9999, currently, except for SBs - which aren't very safe to build up for spamming. In contrast, mages have two-hit Ixion, Quetzacotl, Syldra, Chain Thundaga, to say nothing of Ashe's BSB being a four-hit shitwrecker with its first command, and Garnet's BSB being two-hit as well but having an emergency heal in the other slot.

Edge's SSB = 8 hit lightning!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shoenin posted:

It should actually be two seconds, given that Omega has 700 MND after reaching <41% health. But not only (as above) should you spam stop at Omega from two people, but also try using multiple characters with lightning damage. In my case I did this with a Dusk's Decree RW on Papalymo and Ashe while Cait Sith and Vanille spammed stop (Halting Rumba/Stop, respectively) and Edward kept everyone buffed with Song of Swiftness and Wrath. And as it turned out, Omega collapsed so quickly that the BSB buffs were still up and Edward hadn't needed to recast the faithga. (Two people casting her first command dealt 9999 x8 = 79992 damage per ~3.5 seconds, nearly a quarter of Omega's health.) Even if you don't have a native faithga + hastega, dig around for a native copy of the latter to prop up your team's speed.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Guess it glitched then, cause twice it did that to me.

Stop, 2nd person hits stop. Before even either of my hasted mages get a turn, he's already out of it. Ill try again later

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
I just didn't even try to get a perfect lock later in the fight.

After a point, around 60%, I segued over to Wall/Proshell, let my KO resistance field the Cannon, and just plowed him the rest of the way under.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Really needed some more serious XIII physical synergy beyond Deneb Duellers and a bunch of pumpkins, so 50 mythril later and I now have Canopus AMPs and Power Circles. This is fine by me, as both Lightning and Sazh now have guns and can chill in the back row. Snow is immediately elevated to my XIII CM squad as well. Good poo poo, since I can go back to hoarding mythril for Kain 1, OK, and XIV.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ashe's BSB commands count as BLK, right? Does that mean they have a chance of triggering twice with Blood of Espers, or should I stick to Devotion instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ashe's BSB commands count as BLK, right? Does that mean they have a chance of triggering twice with Blood of Espers, or should I stick to Devotion instead?

If the command isn't drat close to capping out at 40k damage, devotion is probably better anyway.

• Locked thread