Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is it just me or is the matchmaking horrendous in this game? I'm literally to the point where I don't want to play any more tonight because every time I get in a game there's one or two guys with 7x the score of everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Senethro posted:

Took the third code here, now I shall always rep Ion against the unwashed Tone hordes.

:black101:

I'm having mixed luck shielding the rocket Salvo and reflection it back. It feels jankier tougher to get a read on how to do it vs tf1. Do you have to release the shots back before your energy runs out or the bullets will just disappear it seems? I dunno. It's rough but when it works it's pretty sweet. I'm gonna try just going all out and using the right click gun vs titans. Still haven't settled on a load out that really meshes well.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PantsBandit posted:

Is it just me or is the matchmaking horrendous in this game? I'm literally to the point where I don't want to play any more tonight because every time I get in a game there's one or two guys with 7x the score of everyone else.

I have joined in progress more than usual tonight. And have noticed some other players stuttering more frequently as well.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
That campaign was surprisingly solid considering the first game didn't have one. It had some really neat ideas.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Apparently the campaign team essentially built a bunch of cool levels and bullshitted some story to tie them together

it works shockingly well if this is the case

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

blackguy32 posted:

That campaign was surprisingly solid considering the first game didn't have one. It had some really neat ideas.

Yeah, I completely agree. Started playing it mainly to get used to the controls/ movement speed and wound up really enjoying it. Nothing earth shattering story wise, but it was entertaining, and the time travel wristband was really clever and cool.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
k maybe I'm back to 420 grapple erry day gently caress yeahhhhhhh

https://giant.gfycat.com/PerfectIcyBlackwidowspider.webm

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Blind Duke posted:

Apparently the campaign team essentially built a bunch of cool levels and bullshitted some story to tie them together

it works shockingly well if this is the case

Yeah apparently they had an in studio game jam to see what they all thought a single player Titanfall might look like, and then used all of the ideas.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
The volt is tonnes of fun.

I love the smgs in general, I have regened the car, alternator is cool and the volt is just fun, not sure why. Sounds and looks cool.

I'm kinda meh on the rifles.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
It seems that 6-4 Narrator doesn't have subtitles, which I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared about it if wasn't right after Barker, who did.

Unrelated, do they force you to regenerate? And is there any reason to? I played a ton of TF1 and just stayed at 50 Gen 1 because you didn't get anything except more exp to level up faster, which I didn't care about because I was already 50 and had everything.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
https://giant.gfycat.com/MammothScentedGourami.webm

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Aquasnake posted:

Unrelated, do they force you to regenerate? And is there any reason to? I played a ton of TF1 and just stayed at 50 Gen 1 because you didn't get anything except more exp to level up faster, which I didn't care about because I was already 50 and had everything.
Nope. If you don't care, chill at 50.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

teh_Broseph posted:

:black101:

I'm having mixed luck shielding the rocket Salvo and reflection it back. It feels jankier tougher to get a read on how to do it vs tf1. Do you have to release the shots back before your energy runs out or the bullets will just disappear it seems? I dunno. It's rough but when it works it's pretty sweet. I'm gonna try just going all out and using the right click gun vs titans. Still haven't settled on a load out that really meshes well.

I never used Vortex Shield in TF1, all my reflexes tell me to let missiles get in close then dash diagonally forwards inside their turning circle. Salvo rockets have really tight turning circles though.

I've tried Scorch's Thermal Shield vs. Salvo core and it just gets overloaded and collapses before even a quarter of the salvo is disabled, leaving you to eat the rest. I guess it has some kind of per/hit energy drain as well as drain over time.

Might just be best to dump smoke and dash backwards.They can't hit what they can't see, right?

That reminds me, while playing Northstar it looked like an enemy that I'd tethered broke the tether with E. Smoke. Can anyone confirm?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PantsBandit posted:

It is but idk why some of y'all are so opposed to trying to group up with goons

Grouping up in this game is drat near required (also really fun)

That said imma be on ps4 later tonight hopefully. Gotta try out that pro!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

el B posted:

I have joined in progress more than usual tonight. And have noticed some other players stuttering more frequently as well.

I had the game crash my PS4 while trying to join a game today which I've never seen before. Also every game I join is already in progress for some reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my ping has never risen beyond ~18 before today and my average tonight has been around 70. Maybe somethings happening with the servers

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

lower player pool = worse matchmaking

in Australia, although there are enough players to get games at all hours of the day, you often get some wild games with a really good player or two terrorizing the rest

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 12, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I don't think this game has any sort of match making. Correct me if I'm wrong?

In Training posted:

Also my ping has never risen beyond ~18 before today and my average tonight has been around 70. Maybe somethings happening with the servers

Yeah I never experienced lag until the night before last and last night. It was pretty bad

TG-Chrono posted:

Can't get any codes on doritos and dew here in Australia, anyone want to be kind enough and PM me a code?

I pm'd you a bunch but I'm not sure if any of them work. Should be a handful that do

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 12, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holo pilot is kinda sick for Pilot v Pilot because everyone has an itchy trigger finger

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Aquasnake posted:

It seems that 6-4 Narrator doesn't have subtitles, which I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared about it if wasn't right after Barker, who did.

Looks like the only way to get certain skins is through Regen, but maybe that's if you Regen that particular Titan? Every single thing having its own level up system is loving me up and I don't know what anything means. I want a sweet pinup paint job on all my Titans though.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Senethro posted:

That reminds me, while playing Northstar it looked like an enemy that I'd tethered broke the tether with E. Smoke. Can anyone confirm?
You can just shoot the tethers to break them so the smoke just did enough damage to destroy it.

Speaking of electric smoke I just found out today that when your titan gets hit by a firestar you can use the smoke to put it out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like this game still, but I'm getting a bit frustrated that it feels like the game is punishing me for trying to use anything but SMGs and Tone. Like I tried the double take, which doesn't have a hip fire cross hair and feels like it isn't even accurate from the hip anyway, isn't hit scan, and kills only slightly faster on a direct hit than just near perfect accuracy hit scan SMG spray. And Tone at the very least needs its shots to actually require accuracy, at least against pilots, rather than having a half mile wide hit box. I think both of these are big problems that need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Also the servers seem to be super fucky tonight.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 12, 2016

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
started using the alternator, that gun is indeed very good.

ive also been messing around with phase. am i missing something, or is there no way to get out of it except waiting for the time to run out?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

HyperPuma posted:

started using the alternator, that gun is indeed very good.

ive also been messing around with phase. am i missing something, or is there no way to get out of it except waiting for the time to run out?

I think grappling hook is the only ability you can cancel early, all the others will run for their full duration each time you hit the button.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
So wait, is story mode Ash different from multiplayer Ash?

Also having finished the campaign I think it could've used some more all-out Titan warfare, but all the shenanigans were fun.

Geight fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 12, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Geight posted:

So wait, is story mode Ash different from multiplayer Ash?
According to the blurb, it says she was rebuilt after what happened to her in the story, so kind of but kind of not?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I know it'll never happen but with all the direct and indirect nerfs to the Smart Pistol I honestly think they could make it a weapon you spawn with and not have it be an issue. With the lock indicator + direction, not being able to use an anti-titan weapon and the fact that Stalkers take like 4 shots and Reapers are immune I think it'd be fine* to have as a primary weapon that made you unable to take a secondary.

*Caveat: I thought the Smart Pistol was fine in the first game too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pikey posted:

Balance patch can't come soon enough. Whoever recently said that the laser shot on ion is a gooser gun; that's what it feels like playing against a team with 2-3 Tones out. If they're a half way decent shot they can just gib you in 1 shot non-stop. I really wish they would tone down (lol) the splash range, damage, or both on her. With pretty much every titan you can alter your play as a titan to take them down but she can just stop you no matter what your range or loadout because of the huge splash 1 shot

Of all the things to complain about with Tone, splash damage seems like a weird thing to pick out.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
It's going to suck when they nerf Tone into the ground because I don't have the accuracy to perfectly laser pilots, the anime heritage to use a sword in a suicide run, or the stubborn mindset to try to prove that Scorch is good. Will probably just pick Legion unless they also turn his bullets into marshmallows.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
But then using scorch against marshmallow firing legion would only make him tastier.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Does the game feel like it's going to continue having an active playerbase on PC for a while? I'm thinking of picking it up, but I've heard not great things about the player count on PC.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

It's not great, even during prime time I'm finding. Sucks that it went up against COD and BF1.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

queeb posted:

It's not great, even during prime time I'm finding. Sucks that it went up against COD and BF1.

Conversely, I haven't had a problem finding games in any modes.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't think it should require an upgrade for your titan to not lose half of its health during the pilot entering animations. It's really frustrating when I get killed by an enemy titan while watching my titanfall tick down, get spawned on the other side of the map, and then have to sprint over there just in time for the dome to go down and my titan to feed a battery.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

The Huge Manatee posted:

Conversely, I haven't had a problem finding games in any modes.

Me neither but, there's 70 people playing bounty hunt right now. doesnt bode well for this game in a month or two.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't had a problem getting bh or attrition games quick on PC, but ctf is dead and I don't think I'll ever get to try 8v8 which is a bunmer. Attrition games will probably be easy to get for years, but releasing during the bf/cod cycle was a huge knock.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

teh_Broseph posted:

I haven't had a problem getting bh or attrition games quick on PC, but ctf is dead and I don't think I'll ever get to try 8v8 which is a bunmer. Attrition games will probably be easy to get for years, but releasing during the bf/cod cycle was a huge knock.

I feel like if they could just up their marketing campaign in time for Xmas we could see some life breathed back into the game. As queeb said, I queued up for a bounty hunt game this morning and there was only 70 people on. We absolutely stomped the other team ($5000 to $800). With a player pool that small there's a good chance we'd run into the same players again.

I can't imagine that being fun for some people.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
Release timing being atrocious aside there's usually several hundred people in most of the playlists on whatever EU PC server it's sticking me on, only time with a real wait (and only a minute maybe) was trying to get into mixtape matches.

Also as cool as the robots are I kind of like just dumping my AI Scorch somewhere and continuing to be a stealth-shotgun bastard. The only thing that's getting to me is the amount I end up hearing my buddy calling for situation control as it gets mashed by a bunch of enemy titans. Sorry buddy! Also if I can get him in a good spot near a dropzone he basically farms points for me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
If I drop my titan on a Bounty does it instant kill it? I'm pretty sure that just happened to me today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Aquasnake posted:

You get a few more banners and patches if you regen but basically no, there's no reason to do it if you don't care.

There's also no real reason not to do it since you'll have enough credits to buy everything you want after hitting ~2.20 and stuff unlocked with credits doesn't get re-locked when you regen.

m.hache posted:

If I drop my titan on a Bounty does it instant kill it? I'm pretty sure that just happened to me today.

A direct drop on any titan will instakill it.