Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/outsidethenba/status/797305553726898176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

True story Kosta had a bottle of Axe hair thickening shampoo in his locker. Wonder why he didn't have a sponsorship deal

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Sheriff posted:

EDIT: to give my post some slightly more basketball related content, check out your 2016-2017 New York Knickerbockers

https://streamable.com/wyop

fucks sake

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Two future NBA players on that team, and they lost that game by 11.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
"We are Rome."

Thanks, Pop.

Also, that Oden thing is really sad.

quote:

"But I will say that when I was playing, can you say that? ... I don't think I was that bad when I was on the court," Oden said. "I felt like it could have just got better if I had more time on there."

You were good, Greg. I hope he has friends and family to help him keep his head up.

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Sheriff posted:

As someone who isn't a 50 year old dad, I'm so glad I don't have to be embarrassed to be an NBA fan like I am as an NFL fan.

EDIT: to give my post some slightly more basketball related content, check out your 2016-2017 New York Knickerbockers

https://streamable.com/wyop

God dam the celtics are so bad at rebounding. It boggles my mind that this problem has been there for the last 2-3 years and nothing changes.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

evil_cheese posted:

God dam the celtics are so bad at rebounding. It boggles my mind that this problem has been there for the last 2-3 years and nothing changes.

Horford and Crowder being out hurts a lot in that regard but yeah, it's real bad.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Oden showed up at the dorm where I worked at OSU a couple years after he left. He was just visiting some basketball players who lived there. Technically I wasn't supposed to let him in since he didn't live there but I did anyway. That's my story

I think Conley and Mark Titus are still pretty close to him so he should have a good support network. They always say how sad it is though.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Maybe I'm just being a big Knicks baby, but the only real big fuckup in that clip was Jennings -> Kuz. There was ball movement, open looks, and actual good rebounding that the Knicks haven't done in years with any sort of consistency, the shots just weren't falling.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

True story Kosta had a bottle of Axe hair thickening shampoo in his locker. Wonder why he didn't have a sponsorship deal
Probably because they don't want to advertise how ineffectual their product is...

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Popovich picked up where Van Gundy left off.

Pop posted:

"Right now I'm just trying to formulate thoughts. It's too early. I'm just sick to my stomach. Not basically because the Republicans won or anything, but the disgusting tenure and tone and all of the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic.

"I live in that country where half of the people ignored all of that to elect someone. That's the scariest part of the whole thing to me. It's got nothing to do with the environment and Obamacare, and all of the other stuff. We live in a country that ignored all of those values that we would hold our kids accountable for. They'd be grounded for years if they acted and said the things that have been said in that campaign by Donald Trump.

"I look at the Evangelicals and I wonder, those values don't mean anything to them? All of those values to me are more important than anybody's skill in business or anything else because it tells who we are, and how we want to live, and what kind of people we are. That's why I have great respect for people like Lindsey Graham and John McCain, John Kasich, who I disagree with on a lot of political things, but they had enough fiber and respect for humanity and tolerance for all groups to say what they said about the man.

"That's what worries me. I get it, of course we want to be successful, we're all going to say that. Everybody wants to be successful, it's our country, we don't want it to go down the drain. But any reasonable person would come to that conclusion, but it does not take away the fact that he used that fear mongering, and all of the comments, from day one, the race bating with trying to make Barack Obama, our first black president, illegitimate. It leaves me wondering where I've been living, and with whom I'm living.

"The fact that people can just gloss that over, start talking about the transition team, and we're all going to be kumbaya now and try to make the country good without talking about any of those things. And now we see that he's already backing off of immigration and Obamacare and other things, so was it a big fake, which makes you feel it's even more disgusting and cynical that somebody would use that to get the base that fired up. To get elected. And what gets lost in the process are African Americans, and Hispanics, and women, and the gay population, not to mention the eighth grade developmental stage exhibited by him when he made fun of the handicapped person. I mean, come on. That's what a seventh grade, eighth grade bully does. And he was elected president of the United States. We would have scolded our kids. We would have had discussions until we were blue in the face trying to get them to understand these things. He is in charge of our country. That's disgusting."

A reporter then interrupted him.

"I'm not done," Popovich said. "One could go on and on, we didn't make this stuff up. He's angry at the media because they reported what he said and how he acted. That's ironic to me. It makes no sense. So that's my real fear, and that's what gives me so much pause and makes me feel so badly that the country is willing to be that intolerant and not understand the empathy that's necessary to understand other group's situations. I'm a rich white guy, and I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it. I can't imagine being a Muslim right now, or a woman, or an African American, a Hispanic, a handicapped person. How disenfranchised they might feel. And for anyone in those groups that voted for him, it's just beyond my comprehension how they ignore all of that. My final conclusion is, my big fear is --- we are Rome."

I've thought this periodically for years. *

*cue joke that I was there for the actual fall of Rome.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Qmass posted:

Probably because they don't want to advertise how ineffectual their product is...

Didn't stop Rogaine from signing a deal with Karl Malone

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Guys while we're mourning the death of the discourse I'm afraid that Michael Kidd Gilchrist has become "Injury-Prone"

That loving guy is too athletic for his body and biomechanics, he's like a very powerful train that's always going off the tracks

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Get the gently caress out, DeMar. Dude doesn't even hit the rim anymore on makes.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Israeli sports media is saying that Cassipi has demanded a trade.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Noticing a noticeable increase in arc from DeMar's jumper. Can't wait to see him dominate NY tonight.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

I also remember his horse dick :unsmith:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Maybe I'm just being a big Knicks baby, but the only real big fuckup in that clip was Jennings -> Kuz. There was ball movement, open looks, and actual good rebounding that the Knicks haven't done in years with any sort of consistency, the shots just weren't falling.

The shots would fall if they were a good basketball team.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/797467907966070784

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Just chiming in to say that Jake "The White LeBron" Layman is the real deal.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol, I thought NBA.com was unusable before, but now it's literally unusable. I get a splash page for League Pass international that redirects to NBA.com that redirect back to the same splash page, even trying in an incognito window.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking. They've turned nba.com into an completely unusable pile of crap. I can't believe that NBA people are looking at it and go, "Rock solid!"

Time to trade him while his stock is high. Straight up for Carmelo. Fair deal.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Strawberry Panda posted:

The shots would fall if they were a good basketball team.
Still nice to see the things I listed :shobon:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sabonis magically having 3 pt range has been a nice surprise

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Derrick Rose is almost back to negative winshares after last night's terrible game.

On the one hand I feel kind of bad for following that stat but on the other gently caress Derrick Rose.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

leftist heap posted:

lol, I thought NBA.com was unusable before, but now it's literally unusable. I get a splash page for League Pass international that redirects to NBA.com that redirect back to the same splash page, even trying in an incognito window.

I've seen this problem when I was running a VPN. But haven't had the issue since I switched it off.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/797485471190413317

:bisonyes:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Still nice to see the things I listed :shobon:

I immediately sent the video to my best friend who's a Knicks fan and this is what he had to say:

"When I watch it again, what I still see is a team that can offensive rebound and create second chance scoring opportunities!"

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just watched OKC - Clippers. For at least two seasons people have been wondering, "Is this the year Chris Paul drops off?" And then he's posting a PER of 32.5 through the first 9 games and you realize: he's the black John Stockton and will never drop off.

edit:

Browsing through the team rosters and stats, it feels like this season has more players going bananas than usual.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 12, 2016

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Jack's Flow posted:

Just watched OKC - Clippers. For at least two season people have been wondering, "Is this the year Chris Paul drops off?" And then he's posting a PER of 32.5 through the first 9 games and you realize: he's the black John Stockton and will never drop off.

edit:

Browsing through the team rosters and stats, it feels like this season has more players going bananas than usual.

CP3's advanced stats are nuts right now. Through 9 games, he's leading the league in PER, DRtg, DWS, WS, WS/48, DBPM, and BPM.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jack's Flow posted:

Just watched OKC - Clippers. For at least two season people have been wondering, "Is this the year Chris Paul drops off?" And then he's posting a PER of 32.5 through the first 9 games and you realize: he's the black John Stockton and will never drop off.

edit:

Early season is always a little like this. This year is maybe a bit more crazy, but a bunch of guys will regress as the season drags on.

Who's gunna start? I hope they give it back to Ricky, Dunn seems like he's be better server gunning with the 2nd Unit. Though Tyus has been pretty good this young season too.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Westbrook not passing to him on the final possession down 2 when he's been 4 of 5 from three....no surprise.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If only the clips had someone really good for luc mbahs minutes .

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dimebag posted:

I've seen this problem when I was running a VPN. But haven't had the issue since I switched it off.

Yeah I have it now with VPN definitely turned off and on multiple computers, it's great. I'm probably better off because NBA.com is legit 100% useless at this point. It's babby's first responsive site.

Metapod posted:

Yeah it's really great and Sabonis is cool. I like this Thunder team and I take back what I said about Andre Roberson, he's playing pretty well I just wish he could make free throws.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

Westbrook not passing to him on the final possession down 2 when he's been 4 of 5 from three....no surprise.

0 percent of the superstars in the league would do that so I guess you're right it's no surprise.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

euphronius posted:

If only the clips had someone really good for luc mbahs minutes .
he's been insanely good on both ends this season and i hated him last season

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

straight up brolic posted:

woah he's even taking a three per game

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Strawberry Panda posted:

0 percent of the superstars in the league would do that so I guess you're right it's no surprise.

Westbrook is not a superstar 3-point shooter

edit- and he's not superstar clutch, not even close. He should realize giving it to the rookie is the right play

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

I was thinking more playoffs.

He's great in the regular season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Strawberry Panda posted:

Not the exact same situation but this was the best superstar passes to teammate for the win video I could find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuuf3s_cI0

• Locked thread