Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

At a guess it's someone they made up for the cover art. Possibly they appeared in like one episode or something? Likely they didn't want to include the barbarian character and instead brought along a knight to 'joust' on the trike.

Ah! It's Strongheart the Paladin, from the D&D toy line released around the same time as the cartoon, he even had a guest appearance.

And a character sheet:

Thanks google. Thoogle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Exciting 3-D "Dragon Head"

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
That was my nickname in Highschool.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a kitten posted:

Ah! It's Strongheart the Paladin, from the D&D toy line released around the same time as the cartoon, he even had a guest appearance.

And a character sheet:

Thanks google. Thoogle.

Looks like that muscly breastplate is mostly for show, if that STR 13 is any indication.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

His nemesis(?) Warduke had a much more impressive STR score.

Warduke even survived into the modern gaming era showing up in Dragon in 2003, maybe even later for all I know. Strongheart looks to have vanished though.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/brief-history-warduke

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Does Lord Whatever even qualify to be a Paladin with those stats?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mors Rattus posted:

Does Lord Whatever even qualify to be a Paladin with those stats?

Yeah, he's got the important one, the 17 Cha.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Wanna play a Chaotic Superhero.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/WeAreTheMutants/status/793448138480586752?s=09

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Does the beer bottle really have horse legs?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Does the beer bottle really have horse legs?

Just two. Beer steeds are quite mysterious biologically.

Now that I've finally had the chance to follow the link, it's even better.

quote:

This 1976 promotional poster for Rainer beer, entitled “Barbeerian [sic] conquers Sasquatch” and showing a muscular warrior serving the mythical creature the beverage, demonstrates that high fantasy and cryptozoological tropes had penetrated the popular culture of the second half of the 20th century to such an extent that they could be reliably mined for mainstream parody. Clearly tipping its hat to famed genre artist Frank Frazetta, the illustration was by William Stout, himself a respected artist and designer best known for his paleoart and his concept and production design work on films like Ralph Bakshi’s Wizards (1977), Conan the Barbarian (1982), and The Return of the Living Dead (1985). The caption beneath the illustration reads: “Proving once again that Mountain Fresh hath charms to sooth the savage thirst.” Seattle’s Rainier Brewing Company, active from 1878 to 1999, was famed locally for its inventive, tongue-in-cheek television advertisements, which often exploited contemporary crazes such as video games and Star Wars. The peak in the background is, naturally, Mount Rainier, which gave the brewery its name, and which, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, “is one of [America’s] most dangerous volcanoes.”

Barbeerian. :xd:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'm sorely tempted to add that to the OP. Maybe the beer steed is a draft horse?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

a kitten posted:

Just two. Beer steeds are quite mysterious biologically.

Now that I've finally had the chance to follow the link, it's even better.

Barbeerian. :xd:

Debating writing a Beerbarian playbook for Dungeon World today. It's a slow day during a slow week at work.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Peas and Rice posted:

Debating writing a Beerbarian playbook for Dungeon World today. It's a slow day during a slow week at work.

Well if you need any positive reinforcement, I'd totally play that!

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Peas and Rice posted:

1 part drunken style monk plus 1 part barbarian.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

For those of you who use RPGIMG please note that it has moved to a new foreverhome at this address: http://rpgimg.dootstuff.com/

There will be a message at the old url to redirect people too.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Now I know the end-boss of my next weird modern game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is... is that Sun Wukong with a minigun?

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I need pictures of heavy-duty archers. Think Greatbows from Dark Souls, if you're familiar with the series. Less "stealthy ranger" and more "hulking arm-powered artillery".

marshmallow creep posted:

Is... is that Sun Wukong with a minigun?

He's even got a leopard-print vest :golfclap:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

These are nowhere near as muscly as I remembered but fuckit have them anyway.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

These are nowhere near as muscly as I remembered but fuckit have them anyway.

still love that game, btw. the character art made Wesnoth for me. Wish I didn't suck so much at it but whatevs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, it used to be really hard.

I've not actually played for some years, been meaning to pick it back up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

These are from League of Legends, which isn't something i care (or know anything) about.

But man, these portraits are cool as heck.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I'd like to make a specific artwork request. I have a character that's an elderly cleric/shaman human/aasimar that walks with a cane and wearing some metal armor. I'm finding it hard to find this to properly depict my character. If anyone can show me resources or pieces of art that might fit this description I'd be appreciative.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm the owl.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

do u believe in marigolds posted:

I'd like to make a specific artwork request. I have a character that's an elderly cleric/shaman human/aasimar that walks with a cane and wearing some metal armor. I'm finding it hard to find this to properly depict my character. If anyone can show me resources or pieces of art that might fit this description I'd be appreciative.

I couldn't find any shamans or clerics with walking canes, but a better likelihood for staves.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Huszsersvn posted:

I couldn't find any shamans or clerics with walking canes, but a better likelihood for staves.

I forgot to mention the character is female. That makes a huge difference. I was thinking of a mix between House (rear end in a top hat doctor TV character) and Agatha from Pokemon.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

I bet his whole deal is going to place to place asking people if they'd like a shag.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

No Pun Intended posted:

I bet his whole deal is going to place to place asking people if they'd like a shag.

I would not want a shag from an old guy with crabs.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

do u believe in marigolds posted:

I forgot to mention the character is female. That makes a huge difference. I was thinking of a mix between House (rear end in a top hat doctor TV character) and Agatha from Pokemon.

Key words: granny, elder, old lady, baba yaga. Sources: deviantArt

:NSFW:

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

The real dark souls final boss. Ancient Crabmaster.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I'm playing in a modern game. Where's a good place to find modern day people?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Picture frames at Target.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Shutterstock.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ominous Jazz posted:

all around you

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Ominous Jazz posted:

Your local Starbucks and/or Dunkin' Donuts.

http://rpgimg.dootstuff.com/index.php?q=/post/list/modern/1

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Bendigeidfran posted:

Your local Starbucks and/or Dunkin' Donuts.

http://rpgimg.dootstuff.com/index.php?q=/post/list/modern/1

That's a pretty good goof but here's where it gets tricky:
I'm playing a middle aged muslim woman who is a vampire and THAT as you can imagine is hard to come by.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Ominous Jazz posted:

I'm playing a middle aged muslim woman who is a vampire and THAT as you can imagine is hard to come by.

Would a screengrab from A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ominous Jazz posted:

You could start grabbing screenshots from A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, I guess.