Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Does anybody know if there are any purple New 3DS deals for black friday?

I'm looking to somehow try to get a New 3ds for my fiancee for christmas and I doubt I'm gonna be able to do it, but if I somehow *do* manage to do it, I'd like to try to get a purple one for her so she can use it to do New 3DS stuff and I figure people in here might have heard of some deals. I know about the $99 black or white ones but she isn't a fan of those colors and designs.
Why not get one of those wrap things? I don't know who sells the best ones but it sure seems like there is every design under the sun available for 3ds wraps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Why not get one of those wrap things? I don't know who sells the best ones but it sure seems like there is every design under the sun available for 3ds wraps

Doesn't the original color show through/don't the stickers not cover everything?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

In Training posted:

Everybody speaks very highly of Great Cave Offensive in Super Star but to me...by far the weakest part of the package...

Yeah I like it but I like Revenge of Meta Knight, Milky Way Wishes, and Ultra's Revenge of the King more

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like there must have been some better way for them to put in a reference to mary higgins clark than by putting an npc in their game with that name

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Drat. I hesitated on buying TItanfall 2 at $35 because I thought the sale would last through today. I know I should hold out for a PSN sale, but it looks real tempting.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
New deathwing trailer looks promising. It looks like squad-based doom with a 40k theme

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

LawfulWaffle posted:

Drat. I hesitated on buying TItanfall 2 at $35 because I thought the sale would last through today. I know I should hold out for a PSN sale, but it looks real tempting.

It was a Black Friday "preview sale" that started with Target and was matched by Amazon, so it'll be back then.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like there must have been some better way for them to put in a reference to mary higgins clark than by putting an npc in their game with that name
stargazer, the game in which you do errands and then you do more errands and then you do more errands and the stakes never feel like they grow at all and then you're saddled with more errands

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

stargazer, the game in which you do errands and then you do more errands and then you do more errands and the stakes never feel like they grow at all and then you're saddled with more errands

So far, yeah. Just got to chapter 4 and that seems to be it. It's kind of silly how many times the game tells you to go back to a previous screen to talk to someone or get a thing in order to progress. Also the characters seem to be kind of uhhhh lacking...in character.

Like, Aura is a person who exists, Zach wants to go see the stars from each summit in the area, and Scarbeck is a detective who feels out of place and almost feels like maybe an author insert or something given how often he drives the plot along with his detective powers and tracking devices. Then Thyme and Grayson showed up, Grayson barely spoke at all other than to complain about people mining all of the resources and causing the land to die but then he is suddenly a dumb meathead or something and Thyme keeps being a jackass to him and talking about how dumb he is and it is just weird.

A bland game at worst, I wouldn't recommend it unless you were really hard up for something bland like plain oatmeal that you've maybe added some raisins or nuts or something like that to it, so it is mostly bland with a couple of things that are neat but otherwise, mostly just bland.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I first played KSS probably around 20 years ago, and I intensely regret never listening to this track before now

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

FirstAidKite posted:

Doesn't the original color show through/don't the stickers not cover everything?

DIY option: plastidip and a screwdriver.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm playing Dishonored 1 for the first time and as usual with these games I get so anxious if I don't non lethal kill everyone. I don't want to get caught and have to kill folks and it makes me reset constantly. I've heard of rats loving up non lethal playthroughs and stuff so how different is the "dark/evil/bad" ending compared to the normal one.

Does it even matter if I kill some folks?

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 12, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Skeezy posted:

I'm playing Dishonored 1 for the first time and as usual with these games I get so anxious if I don't non lethal kill everyone. I don't want to get caught and have to kill folks and it makes me reset constantly. I've heard of rats loving up non lethal playthroughs and stuff so how different is the "dark/evil/bad" ending compared to the normal one.

Just because you end up high chaos, doesn't mean you are screwed. You can lower it. Honestly I wouldn't really worry about it the first time. People who try to play for low Chaos and what not, you just end up not having fun if you keep resetting it. The endings are whatever.

I just went gently caress it. But if you must ask it's like basically don't go above 20% in kills and a spare a few assassination targets (by doing the non lethal route)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

I would think the quality varies, but it would probably be worth your research time to save almost a hundred bucks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You have to kill a ton of people to get high chaos so it's pretty hard to end up there accidentally. You also have way too many fun lethal options to go completely non-lethal on your first playthrough imo.

(The last mission is also way better on high chaos)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
One of the reasons Dishonored is cool is that unlike most games with multiple endings, its worst/most badguy ending is actually the best and most satisfying ending instead of a thing you're supposed to work not to get.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thanks y'all. I'm just going to not care and see what happens. Don't want anxiety over something stupid to mess up my enjoyment of the game.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The Stranger is a being of chaos, embrace his teachings.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Skeezy posted:

Thanks y'all. I'm just going to not care and see what happens. Don't want anxiety over something stupid to mess up my enjoyment of the game.
Yeah, that's the best way, then if you enjoyed it enough to go back and do full chaos or challenge yourself to least lethal you're better equipped to deal with it on a second run

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So being a quick save / quick load junkie isn't recommended? But that's how I usually play stealth games!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

So being a quick save / quick load junkie isn't recommended? But that's how I usually play stealth games!

I mean, the game is fine with you doing that, but if you're gonna reload the moment anything of consequence happens, why even play?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Play Dishonored however you want. The game even tells you this multiple times in the tutorials and loading screens.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

On the speedrunning thing that's going on this weekend, there's a guy playing songs from Yoshi's Island on his accordion. It's pretty good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Robotnik's voice actor is a good man.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Skeezy posted:

The ending is pretty different but you have to go out of your way and kill, like, MOST folks to get it. Don't stress anyways both endings are really cool. Devs later expressed in an interview that they wished they had just kept the morality system a secret so people wouldn't game it the first time through, and i see where they're coming from, it feels a lot more organic than most games with good/evil meters and poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know yet if Dishonored 2 is this way, but Dishonored 1's chaos system places massive weight on the mission targets. You can kill pretty much every man, woman, and rat in the whole game and still get the neutral chaos ending if you spare the mission targets. The game really makes you wanna kill em because they're all pricks, but for some of them 'sparing' means 'a fate worse than death' so you should end up mixing and matching if you're just playing the game without restricting yourself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dishonored 2 defines the endings as "Optimistic" or "Cynical" which I like a lot. It's better than just Good/Bad or whatnot

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The story in the new Blazblue is surprisingly not terrible so far and they even have three arcade stories for almost every character this time if you actually want to play a game with your anime. Still miss the hell out of the English dub though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/xaxhym.webm

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey it's that DMC clone starring Gakt that came out in Korea.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx_lyPyAysQ

the way it just chills on that rock

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

That's me for sure.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Speaking of reloading save states, does anyone else do that in their dreams? Especially lucid dreams, if things start going sideways I'll just be like "nope gently caress this" and I go back.

imo dreams are the ultimate video games and if a company could make a pill or machine that let you lucid dream on demand and without waking up as soon as you become lucid then I would literally never play another video game and maybe never do anything else again in my entire life, ever, because it would be that amazing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I also like the way that little fucker one-shots a character with full health who also has just received the well-rested bonus. Goddamn thousand-needle punch.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

Speaking of reloading save states, does anyone else do that in their dreams? Especially lucid dreams, if things start going sideways I'll just be like "nope gently caress this" and I go back.

Once I had a dream where I got frustrated after hitting a dead end and killed somebody to blow off steam before reloading a save only to realize after the fact that it was real-life and saves aren't a thing and then I had to explain to a jury that I didn't mean to actually kill them and I had just forgotten that real-life and video games are different things and that you don't get to start over whenever you want. :shittydog:

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Today as I was buying groceries the bagger kid said "You look like you play video games".

It's true that I do. But I'm also wondering what I'm doing wrong that makes me look like I play video games.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The hat and overalls probably tipped him off.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

imo dreams are the ultimate video games and if a company could make a pill or machine that let you lucid dream on demand and without waking up as soon as you become lucid then I would literally never play another video game and maybe never do anything else again in my entire life, ever, because it would be that amazing.

First person games can be pretty limited in what you can do imo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Red Crown posted:

Today as I was buying groceries the bagger kid said "You look like you play video games".

It's true that I do. But I'm also wondering what I'm doing wrong that makes me look like I play video games.

What were your groceries like? That might have tipped him off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Wreck-It Ralph is such a goddam great movie, I watch it at least once a year and it's probably still my favorite thing Disney has done since they went full CGI. Some of the references to actual games in the first act of the movie are a little forced but everything about Jane Lynch's Samus/Master Chief character as a parody of modern shooter protagonists is still as on-point as ever.

• Locked thread