Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the first time i fought him i was like "whatever, this will be easy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Kild posted:

You can see yourself (a corpse) in your grave in untended graves.

Corvians stole your good jewelry off your corpse

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

All dark souls bosses beaten. on to the next game, and replaying the best dlc in the series (brume tower)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Autocensor still working well over at FROM.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Autocensor still working well over at FROM.

i hope you killed the poo poo out of him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

he beat me. sorry. then I helped this guy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

smashing up massive hordes of enemies with comically huge strength weapons ftw. I just got the greatsword and it was surrounded by message saying "time for guts"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he beat me. sorry. then I helped this guy

lmfao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Soral
May 30, 2009

:yeah:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just poured loads of my limited early game upgrade materials into the Greatsword and it turns out it sucks. cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just poured loads of my limited early game upgrade materials into the Greatsword and it turns out it sucks. cool

always go great club

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i can't wait to get the FUGS. it's still good right

might make my zweihander heavy too. weapon scaling kinda sucks in 3, I forgot

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you'll get a greatsword later that actually feels like how guts' sword should, even if it doesn't look like it. if you're out of upgrade mats early and need something with better damage you can always put raw on a straight sword or something.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I rushed to the FUGS :mrgw:

I guess I should get a heavy straight sword or something too, there are a few areas later where I can imagine using large slow weapons is painful

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I tried to help a guy wth the crystal sage and the real one disappeared, leaving two invincible clones who drifted slowly towards us flailing at us with sticks until we gave up and sat in the collapse emote until we died

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I tried to help a guy wth the crystal sage and the real one disappeared, leaving two invincible clones who drifted slowly towards us flailing at us with sticks until we gave up and sat in the collapse emote until we died

lol i think that happened to sector corrector too back at launch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I rushed to the FUGS :mrgw:

I guess I should get a heavy straight sword or something too, there are a few areas later where I can imagine using large slow weapons is painful

heavy broadsword is ftw, heavy dark sword as well

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Use the butcher knife.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You don't actually need a quick weapon, I've been using the great club exclusively to go through ng+2 and everything you'd think would be bad is manageable if you can control your spacing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

lol i think that happened to sector corrector too back at launch

pretty similar. the fight bugged out the first or second time the real sage went into the ground and just never came back. me and the host just shrugged at each other until i crystaled out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_l8MfpTRE

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
who the hell summons for crystal sage?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A bunch of people find him really tough apparently. Souls bosses are like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used crystal sage to get a lot of sunlight medallions

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Finally getting around to doing an SL1 run and it's amazing how useful the raw infusion is for early and mid game

I invaded someone who was also doing a low level run, but had cheatengine going so that they didn't take damage. what's even the point?? what a freakin weirdo

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

they probably had some kind of excuse, just look up the cheat engine forum for some good examples

"he was invading MY GAME without my consent so i turned on godmode" "he was using meta weapons, so i turned on godmode" "that boss is bullshit, so i turned on godmode" "he was super laggy, so I turned on godmode" "he had phantom range, so I turned on godmode" "i'm just playing for fun, so i turned on godmode" "i had the sun in my eyes so i turned on godmode"

they aren't cheating, you see, they just adjusted everyone's gaming experience to make it fair

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

at the date posted:

who the hell summons for crystal sage?

It was the only boss I summoned for lol. I just had trouble dealing with so many targets

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jordbo posted:

they probably had some kind of excuse, just look up the cheat engine forum for some good examples

"he was invading MY GAME without my consent so i turned on godmode" "he was using meta weapons, so i turned on godmode" "that boss is bullshit, so i turned on godmode" "he was super laggy, so I turned on godmode" "he had phantom range, so I turned on godmode" "i'm just playing for fun, so i turned on godmode" "i had the sun in my eyes so i turned on godmode"

they aren't cheating, you see, they just adjusted everyone's gaming experience to make it fair

:salt:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So just kick them off a cliff or something/ they can still die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I used crystal sage to get a lot of sunlight medallions

i did this early after the game's release and saw him disappear for his second phase and never come back like 1/3rd of the time lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

had an epic battle after the Pontiff with me as a Mad Purper against a host, a sunlady, a white phantom, two Aldrich Faithful and a red guy who invaded halfway through. The host and white phantom hosed off so I made an honourable pact with sunlady to take out our foes.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad I started playing this again because it led to me playing bloodborne again and bloodborne is my second favorite video game of
All time

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What's #1

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Deus Ex

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fuckin respect ✊

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sister Friede is kicking my rear end.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I beat her after trying for like three hours. It was so intense it made my rear end sweat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this looks like a poster advertising a museum exhibit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

he keeps kicking my rear end

• Locked thread