Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bill_murray
Apr 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

posting from the past to say holy loving poo poo, we've got a live one!

Which is weird, because I feel like I remember him being pretty reasonable in my boycott thread...

What is up with this guy? He thinks he some sort of thread combat navy seal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-contradictions

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Moved to concern/outright deleted and banned in 3...2...1...

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tane

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gonna miss you, Neurotic Jew

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Just found a folder on an external HDD of pictures of my departed Husky. :(

Have a picture of her doing something more enjoyable than playing Star Citizen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

bill_murray posted:

What is up with this guy? He thinks he some sort of thread combat navy seal

I genuinely don't know. He seemed totally reasonable for a shitizen in the boycott thread, and then it turns out he's documented himself dropping pages and pages of self owns on goons like a goddamn maniac. :shrug:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

:rip: neurotic jew

What the gently caress, thousands of people perma banned? Since when are toxxes perma? Who authorized this stupid toxx in the first place and who's carrying it out? Is there no common sense to comute this into regular bans? A significant percentage of goons just... vanished over night. Are they actively trying to kill SA? smh

For gently caress's sake, just ban them, give them a 30 day probation and forum cancer when they return if they're that determined to rub their faces in the mud. This is just retarded.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 12, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
perma:toxx: equals permaban :shrug:

Neurotic Jew authorized it, look at his toxx post.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm pretty sure they gave everyone a chance to get out of them by donating to RAINN, if his was a Hillary Clinton toxx

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm pretty sure they gave everyone a chance to get out of them by donating to RAINN, if his was a Hillary Clinton toxx

They did, it was a downgraded to a normal toxx if you had perma toxxed if you gave 10 bucks to RAINN

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

MeLKoR posted:

What the gently caress, thousands of people perma banned? Since when are toxxes perma? Who authorized this stupid toxx in the first place and who's carrying it out? Is there no common sense to comute this into regular bans? A significant percentage of goons just... vanished over night. Are they actively trying to kill SA? smh

For gently caress's sake, just ban them, give them a 30 day probation and forum cancer when they return if they're that determined to rub their faces in the mud. This is just retarded.

I've no clue as to what you're all talking about :confused:

E: nevermind, I understand now.

So, Neurotic was perma-banned for this, but paid the 10bux here, so shouldn't it be a temp-ban?

Quavers fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 12, 2016

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Everybody, please remember to call INRI this holiday season

He spends a lot of time nagging you about your folks and I'm sure he'd love to hear from you

Thanks and God bless

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Also free Neurotic Jew

It's not his fault he thought that the America that re-elected Dubya wouldn't do anything stupid at the polls

Oh wait that totally is his fault isn't it

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The e-prowler is a good name for a space ship jpeg

Did Fuzzy Modem design this one too?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

No, if there is nothing to show, they should not stream having nothing to show.
Novel idea, i know.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The e-prowler is a good name for a space ship jpeg

Derek is the only true e-prowler.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

perma:toxx: equals permaban :shrug:

Neurotic Jew authorized it, look at his toxx post.

What I mean is that perma toxxes shouldn't be a thing in the first place, at least not group perma toxxes, at least not thousands of people, jesus. Just seems incredibly stupid to cut off such a big part of the community forever with no chance of return. It's not like there are dozens of millions of goons.

e: and yes, I'd say the same if it were thousands of trumpers getting permabanned over a dumb bet.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MeLKoR posted:

What I mean is that perma toxxes shouldn't be a thing in the first place, at least not group perma toxxes, at least not thousands of people, jesus. Just seems incredibly stupid to cut off such a big part of the community forever with no chance of return. It's not like there are dozens of millions of goons.

This. All of it.

Someone ought to bitch at Lowtax about this, seriously. It's not like the forums aren't dead and gay enough already

Anyway, not it

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Warming up nicely

:parpcorn:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
The Promoted Tweet for his birthday has some sound advice:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They did, it was a downgraded to a normal toxx if you had perma toxxed if you gave 10 bucks to RAINN

Well, that isn't as bad then. But I hope they give people the option to donate after the fact, many might not have noticed the thread and realized they had that option.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Quavers posted:

So, Neurotic was perma-banned for this, but paid the 10bux here, so shouldn't it be a temp-ban?

Down with nazi mods! Free Neurotic Jew!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

nawledgelambo posted:

What's the word when you're severely embarrassed for an individual/group of individuals?

Opendevelopment.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ComfyPants posted:

Did Fuzzy Modem design this one too?

Speaking of this I wonder... is it still CP if Ryan Archer pastes an adult head on top? It's the mental age that counts, right?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Good job finding that, friend! :hfive:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/796822458410143744

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It has already been stated in the QCS thread that permatoxx ban is just account loss, if they rereg on a new account they aren't going to get banned again for the toxx.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/796770601763565568

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AbstractNapper posted:

Anyway, I took some pointers from the thread here about refunds, had a bit of the expected back and forth ( I sent about 3 e-mails in total, including the final one with my paypal info). I tried to keep my temper, be as polite as I could, but firm in expressing my disappointment. All this initial phase happened in the course of 2 days, and about another 2 days later, after the refund got approved, I got the notification from Paypal about the refund money being credited to my account.

Congrats on the refund friend. :shobon:

Nobody could have predicted where this was going to end up. I'd love to play Star Citizen as much as a backer. CIG just doesn't seem to be the team with the right amount of mettle to do it though.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Quavers posted:

/r/StarCitizen "Esperia Prowler - Price and Release Date"

There are many amazing comments in that thread

I have a feeling this sale is going to bomb spectacularly.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

orcinus posted:

Derek is the only true e-prowler.

(That was a digital rape joke.)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It has already been stated in the QCS thread that permatoxx ban is just account loss, if they rereg on a new account they aren't going to get banned again for the toxx.

Ah, OK then. I think my blood pressure must have spiked when I looked at the pages and pages ban list.

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7231450/#Comment_7231450

:pray: ($6000-Backer)

chochmah fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 12, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MedicineHut posted:

Posting from the past so not sure if this has been answered already (my link library seems to start to pay off). Most of the bullshit that has come out of Chris Roberts mouth has happened on video, and therefore a Google search on text will have issues finding it.

min 44:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfQYKW7E-w#t=2670s

e: gently caress, 6300! Wooohooo!

What you don't see in that picture though is the concept clothes of which there are hundreds of. They're just not in the game yet. :colbert:

They've also already been sold for $$$$$, but don't worry if you did not get yours because there'll be a sale soon to sell them for $$$ even if promised that would never happen.

You can trust CIG. They're an honest multinational corporation with more shell companies than most non-honest companies can shake their board of directors at. :3:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Samizdata posted:

No reason not to nip over for at least a quick round of butt sniffing and maybe pack hunting a rabbit, you know.

Too late, ShitizenCon is over for this year...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MedicineHut posted:

Meltdown warning:

If Star Marine and/or 3.0 (lol) are not delivered before end of 2016... how loving much of those 11 million since Gamescom were pledged because of Chris Roberts promising them for this year? How many poor fools parted with their hard fought money due to loving literal false advertising?

Blood boils.

Ahhhh good. Just enough for Chris Roberts to have another vacation before Christmas vacation.

Don't want all this hard earned money to go to waste on nothing. The Chairman works hard, guys. Cut the man some slack. :homebrew:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

Just found a folder on an external HDD of pictures of my departed Husky. :(

Have a picture of her doing something more enjoyable than playing Star Citizen.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Looks like a prime cute dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ps4 with 2 games = $425

a spaceship jpg that won't be in the game for at least 3 years = $425

lol

• Locked thread