Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Birds eat used syringes right?
No, they do not. Todd, on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is the part where the comic shifts in tone, as City Face develops a heroin addiction.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
the only thing city face needs to survive is his own sweet self

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

cant cook creole bream posted:

This is the part where the comic shifts in tone, as City Face develops a heroin addiction.
poo poo man he just needs it to make it through the day.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

One of those crumpled bits of paper contains some sweet stock tips

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
City face nooooooo! Don't leave us like this...

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

This is the last character death I was expecting after the previous chapter

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

eh if he dies we'll have ghost city face.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I can't believe City Face is loving dead.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The answer is fly over the maze, right???

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The answer is go ask the seagull for help.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Christ this stuff is dark

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Potato Salad posted:

Christ this stuff is dark

Tom is kind of a sad guy, from the looks of it. I hope our appreciation of his work brings him some solace.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It's "safety".

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Man, why is City Face so bleak this time. I was looking for a break with happy fun pigeon times after last chapter, but :smith:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
No wait, I've got it, the trick is that we're not seeing the whole maze. There's a safe path to the left, just out of frame.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pigeons are the best and scrappiest birds. City Face can survive anything.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cat Mattress posted:

You're a bird, City Face. Just fly over the maze.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
City Face tries really hard to do a good job! So he'll fly over the maze, but will respect the walls. It's hard to make those tight corners!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm not sure how much more of this I can take

Solution:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
lord.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
rey don't eat flying rats. they are bad for your health.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Nice post/avatar combo.

Also city face nooooo

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
City Face read some of the discarded newspapers and is now literally looking into the sweet release of death.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God drat it city face this is not what I need today!!!

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Cat Mattress posted:

City Face read some of the discarded newspapers and is now literally looking into the sweet release of death.

:same:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ha ha ha ha ha this is the worst timeline.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The Annan Gorge just got 10ft deeper

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Build a murder ghost and let the forest people die for it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

last City Face fungames page.

Answer: "Bye for now my super sweet friends"

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Stay safe, pidgeon pal

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ditocoaf posted:

"Bye for now my super sweet friends"

This is strangely reminiscent of Mort's departure.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
city face fun time is now over

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Man, City Face Fun Time flew by this time.

I'm afraid to go back to the main plot :ohdear:

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Tollymain posted:

city face fun time is now over

This time was really more concerning than fun though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm re-reading the second book, and I found a page that I don't really understand. It seems like it's out of place, except it's that way on the website too.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=435

This is right after they discover Diego's shrine, and right before the flashback to their mother's questioning the robots too. I just don't know why this one scene is there, dealing with the classroom, when the surrounding pages are about the bots.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The rest of the chapter is full of flashbacks to Kat not fitting in with the other students and the last flashback is to her meeting/befriending Annie for the first time. I don't remember the rest of the chapter, but isn't it them starting to bond? Then there's the flashback to their mothers being in the same situation, implying that the girls will continue to become closer.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
I don't know if this comment in the last Cityface page is supposed to be humorous or something darker:

Muddy

Message received, City Face. Decoding... No, I didn't like him either. You are right to express concern about his trustworthiness, and surprisingly, I am also intrigued by Thalassanoides ichnofacies . Congratulations on your information-dense code, best buddy!
11 Nov 2016 | 1:47 AM

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Way in the beginning there's a scene where the other students run away from her, because they know she's the daughter of two teachers. More in the middle they call her a cheat for her grade on her paper that she got an A* on. Followed by some upper-class students mocking them in the hall. Those are several pages long. But this last one is just one page, and feels more detached than the others. Even reading it in one go, I thought I was reading a printing error because it was only one page. I guess that's just me then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

IUG posted:

Way in the beginning there's a scene where the other students run away from her, because they know she's the daughter of two teachers. More in the middle they call her a cheat for her grade on her paper that she got an A* on. Followed by some upper-class students mocking them in the hall. Those are several pages long. But this last one is just one page, and feels more detached than the others. Even reading it in one go, I thought I was reading a printing error because it was only one page. I guess that's just me then.

Nah, it's definitely a bit disjointed.