Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Tei posted:

Follow your squad, drop ammo every 10 seconds and attack from prone + aim down sight with a optical versin of the weapon to kill mens. Assaults want your ammo for grenades and tankbuster stuff, priorize giving ammo to them.

:ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I've been trying the Order of the Falcon medal playing forward scout but the K bullets challenge is just eluding me completely. Seems I have to get lucky and kill steal a vehicle off some poor assault guy that's been putting in all the work and even then getting 3 seems like a mammoth task.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Alternatively, follow your squad drop ammo and use a BAR trench or Benet storm and enjoy your heavy assault rifle.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

swordfish duelist posted:

Alternatively, follow your squad drop ammo and use a BAR trench or Benet storm and enjoy your heavy assault rifle.

Yeah also fire in 10-15 round bursts, the weird "accuracy increases as you fire" mechanic will help out a lot. I find if I try to conserve ammo I'm popping off 4 rounds and pulling a pulp fiction. The Benet is quick to reload and you carry your own ammo resupply with you so just hammer dat reload button.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I know there's the dead wasteland PS4 Community thing in the OP, but is there also an IRC channel or something where the PSForce hangs out?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Well I made it to the top %5 in assault plane stats on PS4. Guys, the assault plane is really really good, I don't know why anyone uses anything else. I can dominate the air and precision bomb dudes on the ground its the best of both worlds.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I tried the fighter for the first time yesterday. I usually rock assault plane. Once you learn how to lead it (it's loving slow) you can wreck.

It also owns as a dive bomber. I've been trying to get over a bomber and drop grenades on them but have yet to pull it off.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

I tried the fighter for the first time yesterday. I usually rock assault plane. Once you learn how to lead it (it's loving slow) you can wreck.

It also owns as a dive bomber. I've been trying to get over a bomber and drop grenades on them but have yet to pull it off.

Yeah it's an incredibly effective dive bomber, I usually gain high altitude and slow down to a crawl as I dive on a contested point and try to spot infantry on the ground. Echoing that it really really helps if people spot targets on the ground, it's especially effective in countering snipers.

It's also very capable in the air, I've had multiple matches with no deaths and 15+ air kills. It's main gun is strong enough to take down bombers even with a rear gunner. Fighters are a little trickier because they can turn quickly but you can still deal with them. If I face a particularly good fighter pilot who is able to get on my tail the rear gun works really well to pull up into a steep climb switch positions and it makes short work of them before switching back to pilot.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Which variant? I've been trying the tank hunter, very infrequently, but I'm having trouble hitting with the main gun and my dive bombing is okay at best

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I stick with the normal variant. Every time I dive bomb with it I usually end up with at least a triple kill.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Can someone add me on the ps4 group? Psn:thegojira84 i can only play weekends but ill be on quite a bit when i can. P.s i suck

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I haven't even tried any other variant of the assault plane because I've been having so much success dive bombing.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Elliptical Dick posted:

I've been trying the Order of the Falcon medal playing forward scout but the K bullets challenge is just eluding me completely. Seems I have to get lucky and kill steal a vehicle off some poor assault guy that's been putting in all the work and even then getting 3 seems like a mammoth task.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

this, ladies and gentleman, is how to destroy a vehicle with K Bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NmgbqmSZJA

:ocelot:

:clint:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Popete posted:

I haven't even tried any other variant of the assault plane because I've been having so much success dive bombing.

I have pretty good success with the bomber plane but it's so slow it's easy to get shot down, I usually fly as high as possible to avoid AA guns and dive bomb with fire bombs on objectives and use the descent speed to gtfo as fast as possible and repeat the other team gets a fighter plane to counter me. I generally rack up several multikills

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I love he idea of the fighter plane's trench buster guns or whatever but the plane moves so drat fast and the fun is effectively a shotgun so I usually always miss or get a single kill. I am only successful using it to shoot down other planes but I've yet been unable to use the bombs to blast a plane from above.

Attack planes are a great mix but I usually focus on bombing but I fly much lower than I do with the bomber because I can shoot with the machine gun which gets me kills but also leaves me extremely vulnerable to AA guns for flyin so low

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I find that if I'm in a fighter and being molested by AA that if I fly as low as possible I get away like 90% of the time.

Sure I'll have to repair but most of the time I'm back at it again.

That is, unless, the person on the AA is as good as I am. :clint:

Then I'm hosed.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Popete posted:

dogg

but what about divebombing

with a howitzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBLg9_a3vlw

you should also try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rm_Mum2ow4

DopeGhoti posted:

I know there's the dead wasteland PS4 Community thing in the OP, but is there also an IRC channel or something where the PSForce hangs out?

i guess i'll post more parties cause i can't stop playing this game, psn is yellowjournalism. if someone makes a slack/irc let us know

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Beastie posted:

I find that if I'm in a fighter and being molested by AA that if I fly as low as possible I get away like 90% of the time.

Sure I'll have to repair but most of the time I'm back at it again.

That is, unless, the person on the AA is as good as I am. :clint:

Then I'm hosed.

My friend found out last night that you may escape the AA. But you won't escape the heavy tank that's squaring you up.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You need to jump on tonight beastie

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have made a video of me attacking a tank with my bayonet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQX41nT0PNg

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mellowjournalism posted:

dogg

with a howitzer

you should also try

i guess i'll post more parties cause i can't stop playing this game, psn is yellowjournalism. if someone makes a slack/irc let us know

I'll be on tonight sometime, PSN name is Trastion. I am in the battlegoons community now too. Though it seemed to be pretty dead in there the other night.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

You need to jump on tonight beastie

I'll be around this weekend, but tonight I'm going to a bar that races turtles. :coolspot:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Trastion posted:

I'll be on tonight sometime, PSN name is Trastion. I am in the battlegoons community now too. Though it seemed to be pretty dead in there the other night.

yeah i feel like the post notifications are pretty laggy but community parties should show up in your regular party tab which should be easier to check

this was just last night and good lord this game is an endless fount of comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGKSKM-ETZw

Tei posted:

I have made a video of me attacking a tank with my bayonet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQX41nT0PNg

:allears: hero

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

mellowjournalism posted:

dogg

with a howitzer

you should also try

I'll be online tonight again. Good work last night

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Gunshow_Poophole will be on tonight PS4krew let's get this poo poo together.

but first: NOODLES

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
cleaning up some videos

forgot that I engaged in full contact BOATWARS for a period of at least three hours at an unknown time in the morning, heavily intoxicated

found out that torpedoes are ACCURATE AS gently caress :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJi77awTGtc

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo the squad/party system on PS4 is broken as hell. Sorry I spent like 45 minutes bitching about how to join up tonight um... I am still unclear as to what the problem was. At least we could laugh about it. Also the party thing listed anyone who wasn't actually on my friends list as "offline". Whatever, next time.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
Yea I had similar issues...just friended yellow and eventually was able to join that way.

Fun games tonight PS4Krew.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

You inspire me tei

Thanks! :D

A testament to this great game is that I have fun with every class and vehicle of the game. I do better with tanks, but If I don't get it, I don't mind it.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

So I've traditionally played as sneaky style assault gameplay, and this is the first battlefield that I'm actually good at sniping, but I've never been good with the support class and I want to try it out.

I don't really know how to play this class, I try to lay down covering fire but I just feel like I reveal my position right away and get shot.

How do I support class welll?

Pick up the mortar (either one) sometime and try it out, it's a blast to use :v:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Knightmare posted:

Pick up the mortar (either one) sometime and try it out, it's a blast to use :v:

yep i just figured out that ammo crates replenish your mortars as well so i can effectively post up in a SAFE SPACE medium distance from an objective and rain death down on everyone nearly non-stop

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

tminz posted:

Yea I had similar issues...just friended yellow and eventually was able to join that way.

Fun games tonight PS4Krew.

Yeah that was a blast last night even with the issues people were having. This game is 1,000,000% better with goons.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

also i just sent friend requests to all of BONE KREW so expect to see Commie Flanders soon

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

I did it fairly easily with the Mars Automatic, take a second to aim. it helps to soften em up with gas grandee first.

So I've traditionally played as sneaky style assault gameplay, and this is the first battlefield that I'm actually good at sniping, but I've never been good with the support class and I want to try it out.

I don't really know how to play this class, I try to lay down covering fire but I just feel like I reveal my position right away and get shot.

How do I support class welll?

Buy the Benet Mercie, put on AA sights, and you have a gun you can use in almost any situation. Rock steady at range, lots of pow pow up close. Treat it like an oversized assault rifle.

Throw ammo pouches at everyone. Remember it also gives people (and you, resupply yourself) infinite grenades.

Have fun with the mortar. 5 shots of airburst death raining down on a defensive position can really soften up the enemy for the assault your mates are trying to push.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
My new favorite activity is lighting horse and rider on fire with the flaregun. Incredibly satisfying and pretty effective

Sadmantongue
Sep 4, 2011
Man, that bunker cheese on Monte Grappa is so evil. Even if you only take 2 battalions there's no way the opposing team is taking that final point without a really good team. We never get to play Empires Edge which is kind of sad because its one of my fave operations maps.

Apologies to the goons who joined late last night, for some reason Sanker had the party chat set to private and poo poo was a bit too hectic to get it sorted out before the round ended.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

egyptian rat race posted:

My new favorite activity is lighting horse and rider on fire with the flaregun. Incredibly satisfying and pretty effective

The flare gun is also great on Rush. Arm an MCOM and fire a flare at the base of it. Disarmers will get caught on fire, and you have the added benefit of being able to see any enemies approaching your area.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
when you hear a goon calmly say "oh my god" over the horn as he spawns into a plane

http://i.imgur.com/0FWPA8G.gifv

egyptian rat race posted:

I can't remember who it was but we had 2 goons in a motorcycle and 3 goons in an open car charging a flag turnt up to 11 with a flaming goon riding shotgun because he shot himself with a flare to instill fear into the enemy

:black101: goons

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
Psn dickheads who play regularly add me on psn irlcyberbully . I've had a party going for a few hours now in the community and no one's even popped in. I need attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001