Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
hmm amazon just emailed me to say my next day delivery preorder will get to me on the 21st...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Instead of getting my 3ds fixed I just bought a new one. RIP my saves and all my puzzle pieces

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The White Dragon posted:

well first you'd have to add overheat and dragon pulse to snivy's possible learnset idk

Doesn't need Overheat, it has Leaf Storm. And it already has Dragon Pulse.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Can someone tell me what the hell Alolan Geodude is supposed to be? It's like mud with wires in it? And Golem has like a taser stuck in it or something? What are their dex entries? Do they give any sort of explanation as to what they're designs are going for?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Your EV training options in Sun and Moon. In short:

quote:

Vitamins used to get to 100 in each HP and Attack, and 90 in Speed. This'll total 290k as they're 10k a pop. Alternatively, it'll cost 58 BP, as they're 2 BP each.

You could get 64 HP via the plaza, but it would likely require multiple stalls and would be a one-off for the day.

Then that 152 Attack via Isle Evelup is gonna take 152 play sessions at level 1,76 sessions at level 2 or 51 sessions at level 3 (under the assumption that level 3 is 3 EVs per "session"). That's gonna take 38 or 76 hours at level 1, 19 or38 hours at level 2, and 12.75 or 25.5 hours at level 3.

In true Game Freak fashion, one step forward, several steps back. They're dropping the ball on so many things this gen. :cripes:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 12, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Z-Trick Or Treat could be a fun Gourgeist build. It adds +1 to the user's stats.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Can someone tell me what the hell Alolan Geodude is supposed to be? It's like mud with wires in it? And Golem has like a taser stuck in it or something? What are their dex entries? Do they give any sort of explanation as to what they're designs are going for?

Magnets I'm guessing, hence rock/electric for golem.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Can someone explain how finding rare pokemon with the QR codes works?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dr. Fetus posted:

Your EV training options in Sun and Moon. In short:

In true Game Freak fashion, one step forward, several steps back. They're dropping the ball on so many things this gen. :cripes:

Uhhh....can you still just use Pokérus+Power Items or Macho Brace to train? 'Cause if so, who cares about all that? It's like saying Super Training or whatever was a legitimate way to train for EVs. It wasn't. We can just ignore this Poképelago method and keep doing it the old fashioned (i.e. exponentially faster/easier) way.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Can someone explain how finding rare pokemon with the QR codes works?

Every QR scan, you get 10 points towards an island scan. When you reach 100 points, you can do an island scan. The island scan lets a pokemon that doesn't normally spawn in Alola spawn on whatever island you're currently on. After you scan, you have an hour to catch it before it disappears. It tells you what route the rare pokemon can be found on (so doing it before you've unlocked a whole island is a bad idea). They seem to be fairly common on whatever route they appear on, so you won't have to spend too long hunting them.

You can bank up to 10 QR scans and they regenerate at a rate of one every 2 hours.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Reinanigans posted:

Uhhh....can you still just use Pokérus+Power Items or Macho Brace to train? 'Cause if so, who cares about all that? It's like saying Super Training or whatever was a legitimate way to train for EVs. It wasn't. We can just ignore this Poképelago method and keep doing it the old fashioned (i.e. exponentially faster/easier) way.

Hordes were.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Hordes are gone. So EV training is much much slower now, no matter which method you use.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Pakled posted:

Every QR scan, you get 10 points towards an island scan. When you reach 100 points, you can do an island scan. The island scan lets a pokemon that doesn't normally spawn in Alola spawn on whatever island you're currently on. After you scan, you have an hour to catch it before it disappears. It tells you what route the rare pokemon can be found on (so doing it before you've unlocked a whole island is a bad idea). They seem to be fairly common on whatever route they appear on, so you won't have to spend too long hunting them.

You can bank up to 10 QR scans and they regenerate at a rate of one every 2 hours.

Wow, that's cool. Are there specific QR codes you need to scan, or can you scan any code in the real world?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pakled posted:

so that means that you could get an island scan going basically once per day?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
e: ^^^ yep, basically

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Wow, that's cool. Are there specific QR codes you need to scan, or can you scan any code in the real world?

The QR codes that count are Pokedex QR scans. They enter the pokemon into your pokedex as "seen" so you can track where they spawn.

The idea is you share your QR codes with your friends but you can just use this http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

Rescanning codes for pokemon you already have works, too.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
Why are the majority of new pokemon really, really slow this gen? I guess its not a problem now but once people start importing their stuff from XY its going to be pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of the new designs but does anything besides the UBs (who I guess will be like legendaries) really look like it'll be super viable outside of UU and RU?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Pakled posted:

Is it completely random what pokemon it is?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Supremezero posted:

Is it completely random what pokemon it is?

I imagine there are some restrictions but so far we don't know what they are. I got a Chikorita on the first island from it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Doesn't need Overheat, it has Leaf Storm. And it already has Dragon Pulse.

if serperior had overheat it would be broken af

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

give it draco meteor

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pakled posted:

The QR codes that count are Pokedex QR scans. They enter the pokemon into your pokedex as "seen" so you can track where they spawn.

The idea is you share your QR codes with your friends but you can just use this http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

Does this mean I could, say, finish playing for the day, pick up the next day once the ten QR codes are replenished and scan for Salandit ten times in a row (to get a female for evolution) and then do my Island Scan to get charmander or whatever decides to show up?

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Why are the majority of new pokemon really, really slow this gen? I guess its not a problem now but once people start importing their stuff from XY its going to be pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of the new designs but does anything besides the UBs (who I guess will be like legendaries) really look like it'll be super viable outside of UU and RU?

I'm guessing GF wants a slower meta, or to at least not make more faster and stronger pokemon that'll dominate the meta.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dolphin Fetus posted:

You know how some of the evolutions in Gen IV lost speed upon evolving? The person who was in charge of that stuff is now in charge of the entire game.

PSS is also completely gone. Festival Plaza replaces it, and it's much more cumbersone.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

give it psycho boost too

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Does this mean I could, say, finish playing for the day, pick up the next day once the ten QR codes are replenished and scan for Salandit ten times in a row (to get a female for evolution) and then do my Island Scan to get charmander or whatever decides to show up?

Yup. Although if your pokedex isn't fully "seen" already you'd be better off scanning QR codes of pokemon you haven't seen yet.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm guessing GF wants a slower meta, or to at least not make more faster and stronger pokemon that'll dominate the meta.

I need to go back and check, but pretty sure everyone last set of release leaks said "wow, Gen 6 is really really slow."

Think it's been going on since then. More pokemon with unique abilities, typings and attacks but odd stat distributions.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Pakled posted:

Some of these are shiny. Does that mean you can use this to force a shiny spawn?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pakled posted:

Yup. Although if your pokedex isn't fully "seen" already you'd be better off scanning QR codes of pokemon you haven't seen yet.

Okay, that makes more sense, specially since the imgur folder is there and lets you get shinies (?!) and the other version exclusives (?!!) aaand the other starters (??!!!) in shiny form (!!!???)
This is gonna be fun.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bongo Bill posted:

Some of these are shiny. Does that mean you can use this to force a shiny spawn?

I don't think so. As far as I know there's no connection between scanning pokemon QR codes and causing them to spawn.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

So since Super Training is out, does that mean the only way to reset EVs is a shitton of -EV berries? Because gently caress that so hard if true.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pakled posted:

I don't think so. As far as I know there's no connection between scanning pokemon QR codes and causing them to spawn.

Oh. :negative: I thought the point of QR scanning was to cause them to spawn, but that's only for Island Scanning then?
Still neat, tho.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Are they trying to punish people who want to get into competitive battling by making it as tedious and retarded as possible

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HoneyBoy posted:

Are they trying to punish people who want to get into competitive battling by making it as tedious and retarded as possible

Yes. Should've got there 10 years ago. Ask me about getting a Softboiled Clefable.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Slow isn't bad, really. It means more points were distributed toward bulk and the attacking stat, which actually lets you punish fast attackers pretty hard. Slow would only be bad if they were slow due to GF making a ton of mixed attackers. Instead, they hardly made any and one of the ones they did make is going to be an example of a good mixed-attacker, thanks to having a trapping move and probably getting giga drain as a tutor in gen 7.5.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

decidueye is going to be a bad mix-attacker and also regular attacker

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Ruggington posted:

decidueye is going to be a bad

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
They made all pokemon slow to test you to see if you really love your pokemon

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
I'm having a weird problem with the demo. The timing of some of the NPC encounters seems to have changed for some reason. Previously, the shady deal on the marina was supposed to be going down on the 14th, but now the cop says it'll be six days. The girl in the ferry terminal seems to have rescheduled six days father out, too. Any idea why that might be? The first three events happened on schedule.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They just forgot to change how the speed stat works.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Arkannoyed posted:

I'm having a weird problem with the demo. The timing of some of the NPC encounters seems to have changed for some reason. Previously, the shady deal on the marina was supposed to be going down on the 14th, but now the cop says it'll be six days. The girl in the ferry terminal seems to have rescheduled six days father out, too. Any idea why that might be? The first three events happened on schedule.

Did you change your 3DS clock? (And because of dalylight savings?) That causes the demo to punish you for doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'd be fine with speed being randomised from 0.85 to 1x normal each turn like attack damage is.